32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 16]

601The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri May 26, 2023 6:14 pm

HotPocketHPE

HotPocketHPE
C-Rank

>ER bosses
I have to admit I was wrong on that one, there's definitely a lot of cool stuff you can do with them if you look at high level play. That being said the structure of the game still pisses me off too much to get invested, I would rather just play Monster Hunter or Nioh for that fix.

602The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:50 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

https://twitter.com/dude70322786/status/1665668415057534977?s=46 Love how this “dude” makes the claim that enemy’s are spongey since the game doesn’t force you into the so called fun zone yet the game has literal enemy weaknesses lol. Guess doom eternal was the first game to do it.

603The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:15 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>Civit&Chaos Legion
What stupid shit will he say about it?
Let me guess, he'll rush the first playthrough, complain at the slightest instance of difficulty and he will treat it as disposable garbage after he gets money from the review, pretty much as usual.

Those responses too, memes just write themselves:
>"muh first playthrough"
>"obviously it's not DMC, but..."

604The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:39 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> anything related to Cvit
Why are people taking him seriously? Guy does half a single run of a game on easy, makes some basic first degree takes that can be dismissed if you've got half a braincell and then ditches the game for the next to butcher in a videogame essay instead of getting a normal job. Waste of space. Ignore him.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

605The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:30 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>Why are people taking him seriously?
Probably opinionated half-wits who are "experts" at any game after one playthrough and are too afraid to admit they could be wrong do - birds of feather flock together as you know.

In current state of gaming, people are more interested in "hot"-takes, "critiques" etc. than properly playing games.

606The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:52 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

>Love how this “dude” makes the claim that enemy’s are spongey since the game doesn’t force you into the so called fun zone yet the game has literal enemy weaknesses lol. Guess doom eternal was the first game to do it.

I made a post. Now watch him deny it.

Yes, in CL there's metal and organic. Use their weakness and they go down fast.
This guy doesn't know, and if he does and still thinks the same then he just sucks. These dipshits never learn. Probably sits there hammering monster generators while surrounded instead of tiring them out by killing monsters or just sniping the metal part with Malice to kill them fast.

Bet he has no idea about counter hits either.

607The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:00 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just saw one of his posts says 'the game doesn't force me to have fun'.

I...what?

608The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> this game doesn't force good gameplay down my throat by limiting combat options in an arbitrary way
The Style-meter was a mistake.

609The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:10 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

“I’m sorry but I think this is a really poor implementation of a style meter”- mayonnaise acting like the god of style meters

610The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:32 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Honestly, I still think my least favorite game critic is Joseph Anderson. He straight up refuses to experiment or play games. I remember seeing in his discord when I used to be in it he said that he wished raggy use more weakpoints for enemy’s, but like half of the fucking roster has weakpoints, experiment you dumbass(not trying to be mean, he is a smart guy I’m sure and makes some good points) and don’t play on normal and over level yourself. This isn’t even talking about his elden ring video which was ASS. Love how he says he hates how elden ring bosses don’t give openings yet praised the berserkers from raggy, who are literally a waiting game. He’s not the worse, but my god I just think he is so overrated. I guess it’s because if incentive? Because I removed him and someone saying how they wished the game had more color coded enemy’s to feel forced to weapon switch and didn’t like they could stick to one weapon(yes this is not a fucking joke). It’s also dumb since the game if anything does give you incentive due to there being a damage bonus if you weapon switch against a enemy in fire, as well as enemy’s being weaker to certain weapons in general(but aren’t color coded thank god). Pretty sure when he plays games as well he always limits himself like not using prosthetics at all in sekiro. And then complains that the game doesn’t allow him to be creative? Dude, you are putting limitations in yourself, try actually experimenting with enemy encounters instead of lame 1 on 1 “learn the pattern” boss fights. If he were to play ninja gaiden 2, he would just spam UT the entire time and complain that the game is unfair(which is is at times to be fair) due to the fact he never interacted with the combat mechanics. And his videos have so much bloat it’s insane. Matthewmatosis video pacing is some of the best I’ve seen due to how well it flows(which Joseph’s can at times sure) and how he branches out to other points so beautifully. Unlike Joseph who just over analyze everything to make his video longer. Just get to the damn point. This is just my opinion me personally, it’s fine if you like him we are all human but man, I just want to rage whenever I see him make these type of points about freedom and incentive and such.

611The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:39 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>incentive
People just expect the games to be little more than elaborate simon says. I maybe repeating myself, but those "critics"&others are too far up their own asses and expect games to be tailored specifically to some imaginary "101 guidebook of good design". That's why games are becoming continuous repetition in pavlovian conditioning, because that's """good design""".

>UT spam
Funny, most video complaints on NG I've seen is that it's "UTs spam", "game should not let you spam UTs" etc., despite them never being that good to render the game absolutely boring with OLUTs spam. They're simply refusing to use optimal options and engage with mechanics and call it a critique.

On the similar note, I never heard in those vids - "NG3:RE is good, because it doesn't allow UT spam". Nah, it's much better to slam dunk NG3 for 6 millionth time. We know it's bad, shut the fuck up and talk about RE, that's why they made it.

612The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:21 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

This thing of wanting games to be Simon Says/DDR is a weird mind virus. I can’t wrap my head around wanting a game to dictate how you play so you can “feel” that the game is designed well. Not to mention that these kinds of games are never good for more than one playthrough.

Unfortunately because of this mindset, every game now has sponge enemies, color coded enemies, shields that can only be broken with certain weapons and moves, cooldowns because a meter that lets you use things in different increments is bad, etc, to make idiots feel smart while playing, because they “solved a combat puzzle”.

613The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:45 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>Simon says
Sadly true. It’s fine to have some of that, but I think if overblown it can lower the skill ceiling. I’m still surprised they made the spirit in doom eternal tag1 and 2(I think it’s there as well) only killable with ONE weapon. This really limits the skill ceiling imo, since there isn’t any other way to get rid of them which can lead to more efficient strategies. It also makes let’s say a pro player and casual players way of dealing with it pretty much the same/ nearly identical. Heck, if you want prove if that just look at god of war 3s shield dudes, you can still get rid of their shield with stuff like CoH, and it’s arguably better to use that rather than the generic cestus due to the crowd control and speed. Ofc it still requires cestus, but it is mainly a down dpad, wouldn’t say it’s a deal breaker or real color coding imo. This isn’t to say it’s perfect, but when it comes to experimentation and skill ceiling, I love these kind of stuff.

>incentive
There’s nothing wrong with it ofc, I’d argue it does matter a lot, yes but I feel like people like under the mayo or joseph anderson take this to the extremes in the sense of there is no in between.

614The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:25 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

What is the worst game critic in your guys opinion?

615The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:18 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'd have to say Cvit is probably the worst that I know of. Joseph isn't that great either, but types like him tend to be good at the more emotional/story stuff, which is fine.

> NG sucks because you can spam UT
> what about NG3RE
You'd be amazed by how little of the general audience knows RE exists. They think it is just a name for a HD-remaster or something. Even some high level players never tried NG3RE saying "it has QTEs and only 1 weapon lol" which is just disappointing.

> combat has been solved by making it boring and not creative
Path of least resistance rears its ugly head once again. You also see this in SF6, of all places. You've got all these great and fantastically fun mechanics, but you're way too punished for using them. Parry scales damage like mad. DriveRush drains meter and scales insanely. Just use BnBs.

> simon says
I think it's honestly because players just don't want to be confronted with them being bad, so a very clear way that makes you think you're cool, is the way to go. Honestly Itagaki and co. did it best still, just make a sick ass set of animations (OTs) that anyway can and will do, while also making them mechanically interesting.

616The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:59 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>joseph Anderson story’s
He’s fine at that yeah. Not great or bad, just fine. His take on silent hill 2 story was trash and he can be unbelievably nit picky and lacks the ability to suspense his disbelief, not much else to say really.

>least resistance enemy’s
I guess it’s because designers think it would break their games for some reason?

617The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:05 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I don`t know that this is the right place to talk about, but I watched the film "TÁR" tonight and I was very personally offended as a left-wing asian gamer *and* a man-child. So this will be about a long ranting.

“TÁR” is from the protagonist Lydia Tár, who is the first female/lesiban chief conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic. But her view to art is very conservative and usally evades questions for political issues in classic music scenes. She even publically give a shame on a student who denied to conduct the pieces of Bach because of his gender identification, and call him “A Robot made by SNS”. He yell at her, “Fuck you, Bitch” and leave the class room.

However, She is not that stoic, she is so mean to manipulate people, to break democratic rules for her sake, and being indifferent to pain of others. This is the set-up for the first act.

So we all know where this film would go. Whether she will success or fail, it would be a sarcasm to one who pretend to be a "pure-artist" and uses his/her/their position to push other miniorities away.

Oh, and here the renting of mine begins. As I said, I am a left-wing person, so I don`t like the person like Lydia Tár. But I will say that this film "Tar" is worse than the pieces of Bach, and much much like a Tár her self. At least, Bach didn`t write picies for discussing political issues. This film is so lame to portray asians in the streotypical oriental images while raising ethnic issues, to portray "nerds" as low level audiences while cirticizing "high-culture" being pretentious.

Tar`s story and rantings in detail:

I would say "Tar" to "F**k you white scumbag", just like a student who denied to conduct pieces of Bach in this film.

*In its defence, There were reasons for this. I found an interview with the director where he said that he originally wanted to set the movie in the Philippines, but there was a lockdown in Philippines during filming, so staffs switched to Thailand. He also said that "That game" is his favorite game, and that he wanted the songs in the game, which is written by living people here and now, unlike the classics that were written by dead white men. Also the songs have such dedicated fans who would
Spoiler:

Whatever the intention was, I don`t think that it goes well. I`ll deny it just like "a student who denied to conduct pieces of Bach in this film".

Last edited by nepu47 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

618The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:59 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

This type of stuff goes in the 'what are you watching thread'.

>I think it's honestly because players just don't want to be confronted with them being bad, so a very clear way that makes you think you're cool, is the way to go.

It's 100% this.
That's why they furiously defend shitty design.

When they simply counter the orange light they're pretty much doing all you can do. So they're automatically 'good'.

They're also generally dumb people. They have no ability to act until told, can't think outside the box and hiss and spit at any mention of indepth mechanics.

619The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:19 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>ignore in-depth mechanics
Oh my god, reminds me of Joseph anderson defecting any gow 2018 combo video(he considers combos to be depth, not saying I do or don’t) and he just said the game didn’t have much depth and said that dmc combo videos are deeper or have stuff that will take him longer to figure out how to do I guess(I guess he means skill ceiling but to be fair in terms of combos gow 2018 has a pretty damn high skill ceiling in that regard not that aside from a view it’s that practical *not like a lot of dmcs are either*but still)?

620The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:55 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>I...what?
Seriously guys, how can you stand Twitter? I created one to keep up with some of the updates by the users from here, and then I run into that thread. It felt like if I was exposed to such nonsense daily, my IQ was going to drop.

621The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:28 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I don't know about them, but as for YOU my boy, you simply follow only me.

622The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> how to survive twitter
Simple: https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-mute

My muting list is abysmally high. From thots to bots to annoying people that always want to 'um aktually' my articles for whatever reason. To the mute-abyss you go. Once you do this for a week or so the site becomes a gem honestly.

623The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:29 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

>Twitter
Just follow a handful of people and don't go on the "For you" section, which is just Twitter presenting various shit to you in order to understand your political alignement so it can make you even more mad. Stick to "Following" and you're good to go. As a bonus I've also changed the location of the trending page to Japanese, so I can't understand shit and it's much better now.

624The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:32 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Well ganker is the most toxic forum I have ever seen in my life. A bunch of degenerates who calls anybody who disagrees with them a “soy boi”.

625The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:53 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

^They're still using that one for softies, eh? Didn't know that was still in style.

626The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:33 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Twitter
Thanks for the tips, though I barely use it. Just going over the notifications of people I'm following, and closing it right after.

627The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:01 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

628The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

There have been more posts. I don't normally engage but this guy named me and labeled my content garbage. I couldn't help myself.

He attacks my guide for not listing Vampire Knack's teleport as the first thing. I'm still not entirely sure if he's referring to my guide here or the posts I made in that topic. Either way he's wrong.

Listing a move you can only get later, under certain conditions, as the FIRST thing you talk about in a guide, makes zero sense. I can't believe he's serious.
If he's referring to the thread only, my posts were just some descriptions on what each form does, not a tier list and anyone can see that.

When I challenge him on this he starts listing teleport's uses and shortcuts, which I never denied, and wrote about (and more) years ago.

Instead of replying to this, he backpedals with 'b-but NG+!' Which has NOTHING to do with what order you present tools in a guide that starts from the fucking basics. Then he runs.

He mentioned the infinite dash and speedrunning, and I don't think he knows I discovered that dash glitch so I mentioned that with a link to the guide for further education though I know he won't take it.

Not really sure what got him mad.

629The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:22 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

He's back with insults.

Damn. That last post of his is insane.

Being wrong on the internet really messes with people, doesn't it?

630The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:21 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

God damn what a beating.

Why must people do this? He should've left me alone. I didn't want to have to do this.

631The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:28 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Simple. He asked for it. Just happens to bump a 3 month old thread so he can trash talk your notes? This without the disability thing (which I assume got modded, since it's no longer there).

632The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:54 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

A simple troll. The name helps broadcast this.

633The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You enjoyed watching that didn't you?

Bet you were sitting back munching popcorn with a huge grin.

634The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:17 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Did you want to 'save' the guy (show him the light)?

635The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:07 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not really.

This guy trolled us on speedrun.com too. Went nuts and started insulting the me and the runner and techniques we use.
At first I didn't realize it was him.

636The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:43 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Ah, now it all makes sense. Imagine still being angry at you after all this time. So I was right when I said that he only wanted your attention.

Edit: Well, it seems it's all over. The TC closed his own topic.

637The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:24 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>enjoyed
Wasn't that into it. Just wanted to see what the fuss about. Going to be hard to be especially entertained with the subject being matters I don't know. So long as an opp jobs, it suits me fine.

638The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:52 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Saw MartinGs article responding to raeng about action game depth and it is weird. My main issue is how he throws gow off by saying that through a playthrough of normal he said he already knew the game was far too basic compared to DMC and would counter high level play by saying dmcs high level play is more complex and you have more variables to acces? But the same thing could be said about gow, yeah there are grabs but you have to keep in mind how different grabs require different play wether it be aiming, risk reward, positioning, environment, false OS on certain enemy’s who can counter attack, etc. you also have of course knockbacks which also require a good chunk of skill due to the enemy design like Minotaurs being able to counter attack you(and many enemy’s for that manner), requiring you to find shorter ways to access the light ender. As well as enemy’s having armor which can make them even harder, as well as the enemy combinations that can give you trouble or the certain encounter you are in. You have a lot to keep in your mind a lot of the times.

639The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Was Martin that Cornflake man or something. Or was that someone else? Guy started posting all sorts of wack shit and stalking me on Gamefaqs to trashtalk me behind my back etc. and legit was in all-caps screaming at me because he thought a tweet was about him, remember waking up to like 20 messages from him before I put him on ignore. Guy's not well. If that's not Martin, then I'm confusing names, I thought he was named like that.

In general I'm a bit done with 'x is better than y'. At that time I was really trying to put GoW a bit more out there since people shat on it a lot in favour of other games.

640The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:24 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>cornflake guy
Think so.

>done with x being better than y
They follow very different design philosophy’s, and have depth in other ways.

641The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I don't think (but not sure) if MartinG and Cornflakes are the same guy.

I followed Martin on Twitter but unfollowed because he was largely DMC drama. Didn't strike me as a psycho like Cornflakes though.

Super ignorant view of GoW though. Disappointing.

These DMC guys are really insecure. They've always struck me as strange people. Like it's not just that they think nothing else is as good, but that nothing else is ALLOWED to be good.

642The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:21 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

> bias agianst GOW
What I find funny about this, is that despite all the non-arcade and non-action elements (which a lot of people overblow) gow is the closest thing to 3rd beat'em up I can think of among action games. Grabs, collisions, group management - all very common aspects of beat'em ups that majority of arcade-inspired action games lack, yet Gow game seemingly unispired by arcades (at least not directly) has it.

Maybe that's how he should describe the game?

643The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

There's a few problems with that assesment (despite being absolutely correct):

1) most action-gamers with the aformentioned level of takes, have never played beat 'm ups
2) David Jaffe, despite only directing and having little other input, said the game wasn't as good as DMC. Though we will ignore all other things he's said since then (as they are horrible), that one time he was correct and genuine! For sure!
3) the game has no style-meter
4) i remember a game journalist said it was easy to spam square-square-triangle lol

Because as you note, it has a lot of similarities with Beat m Ups. The lead combat dev, Dereck Daniels (do not, like me, remember it backwards, you'll get...interesting google results), had a blog for a while and he was mostly inspired by Street Fighter, as he's a big arcade fan. IIRC he even talked with BigVee or SBK at some point. Not sure.

> overblown elements
I saw someone note this morning that the QTE kills take 30 seconds. I timed a Gorgon QTE kill, it was less than 4. And I feel many forgot that QTE kills give different orbs, so you are also incentivized to do regular kills instead for more upgrade orbs.

644The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:12 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

*we
Typo, I meant we - as in to highlight the general strenghts, not referring to anybody on the Santa Monica's staff or cereal food dude .

>action gamers in question
Most arcade gamers don't play gow for the same reason - "ugh unskippable cutscenes", "ugh adventure elements" ect. So it's really in this cursed spot where it doesn't have this immediate appeal like arcades or other action games - a lot of it is also just petty fanboyism among players ofc.

>lead combat dev
Never heard of Dereck Daniels ... or Daniels Dereck. I'll have to learn more about his part in GoW. From what I know GoW was really more of team effort than one man's vision, which is something that adds to this misimpresion. In case of GoW, you can't go like, for instance, "This Kamiya, so smart, so visionary". it doesn't create this image of elaborately designed game, because a lot of players are attracted to big names.

>counting of seconds
and it's usually followed with "you know how much this adds up over the course of a game?".

Last edited by Paul Allen's profile on Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

645The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:27 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>incentivized to regular kill for orbs
Something the future gow games could have took lessons from. As fantastic as 2 is, I did not like the introduction of brutal kills. Made the decision making of “should I kill or not”. Still a fantastic action game and the best game in the series.

>combat lead
Derek and Eric yeah. Saw some Eric interviews and it’s obvious they took inspiration from zangief for the grab system.

>overblown
If we go by that logic, Nero’s grabs are too long as well. Even though they are also like? 5 seconds?

646The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> cutscenes
Really annoying that you can't skip them, for sure. It's one of the elements I like the least about the series, but we're not talking MGS length scenes here thankfully. Not that they'd care.

> "do you know how much that adds up"
Legit what he said to me. Are you clairvoyant? These people would have an anurism if playing NGII. That said it's nearly always a double standard. In GoW1 it's boring. In GoW2018 it's "so cool".

> the DD's
This is his blog btw: http://lowfierce.blogspot.com/
And this is erics: http://pushing-buttons.blogspot.com/2009/01/attack-animations-part-1.html

> team effort
Definitely. David didn't even design Kratos, he just told his designer to come to work angry one day and draw, and what would come out was the lead character. The making-off is seriously interesting.

647The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:29 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

On the topic of reviews for gow, this retrospective for gow 2 is a mixed bag. It’s a great gow 2 review but bad gow 1 review to say the very least.

648The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>clairvoyant
Certainly feels like sometimes when you've been exposed to things enough times. This counting of sec is odd to me. People only complain about it, because it's tangible, otherwise they wouldn't even notice this flow of time. What alse could you have been doing during these few sec? Unless, game is really obnoxious with interupting gameplay, few sec of animations are not a problem. Especially when modern games can waste minutes and hours with thier open-world/cinematic bullshit.

649The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:01 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Saw MartinGs article responding to raeng about action game depth and it is weird.
Link?

650The Vent Club - Page 13 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:41 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum