5does
Shane
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 20]

651Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

New CL comment on DMC5 board. Do I reply?
Don't really want to get roped into their mechanically blind nonsense. Can someone go do it for me? Post some Astral Chain stuff.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241018-devil-may-cry-5/79587307

652Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> DMC5 board
Now that's a place I haven't been in a long ass time. IIRC that user is pretty good, chill guy. I made an opening salvo for you to chime in on.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

653Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Actually no. He's a mechanically blind dumbass. Seen his comments on other boards.

Even here it's clear he's another moron who thinks CL mechanics are just summoning when there's way more to it.

I cant deal with arguing with stupid anymore.

654Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:30 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I was dangerously close to buying wii stuff to play red steel 2...

I got a usb sensor and controller, gonna try some pc 60fps wii emulation.

655Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:22 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Let's see how the vicious casuals of Reddit's GoW community react to a world first: https://www.reddit.com/r/GodofWar/comments/oxnhmg/trial_of_archimedes_vh_pain_bested/

656Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:02 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

@Roy
I just played Splinter Cell 1, it was great, I'm on the ps3 emulator for the added quick saving.

Have you played both old and new gen Double Agents? Which is canon and should I play both?
Weird choice to change them so much.

657Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:43 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Zenyn wrote:
vert1 wrote:Do you guys have game rental stores in your area?

Not anymore. One closed last year. The other around 5-6 back. Both the same chain. I frequented it fairly often but mostly for movies, not games. I can point to my formative years for that. Can't say I talked much with the longer lasting proprieter, who was very morose. I thought it very possible part of it was the very analog idea of a video rental store in the digital age. Nevertheless he told me once that "of course" he watches Netflix. Says it all, doesn't it. What I find funny, ha-ha, is that you have to explain future generations why would one leave ones abode to come back and watch a movie on a physical medium? Sounds tiresome.

I remember at certain points there was a bit of strategy to the whole thing trying to remember what was and wasn't on Netflix before selecting movies. Anyway, it's all about the local library for videogames rentals now.

658Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:23 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

hedfone wrote:@Roy
I just played Splinter Cell 1, it was great, I'm on the ps3 emulator for the added quick saving.

Have you played both old and new gen Double Agents? Which is canon and should I play both?
Weird choice to change them so much.

Played both. The regular Next-gen version is canon, but both are fantastic and should be played imo. The Next-gen version is more 'different' and tries new and interesting concepts. The last-gen version is basically a Chaos Theory sequel.

659Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:37 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I love MGS and MGS3 specifically. After playing Chaos Theory some though it becomes apparent how clunky snake controls. Also the animations in CT are top notch, the way he stops his animation mid crouch move and kind of resets to a resting position, looks so good.
This game controls so well in general. Not a big fan of the fist few levels so far, a bit linear. I prefer the more open, outside and daytime missions.
The villa phone bug mission in pandora tomorrow is perfect imo.
I remember a bunch of day time missions back when I played double agent on 360, terrifying.

The games look fantastic on the ps3 emulator. 1 and 2 run in 4k 60. Chaos Theory is locked to 35 fps for some reason but looks incredible. Seriously better than most 360 games at high resolutions.

660Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:24 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Chaos Theory is more open in how you traverse the levels, which becomes more apparant in replays. Lots of hidden little paths and options on how to handle situations. SC1 by comparison can be very ridgid sometimes, especially noticable on challenge runs where CT is far more flexible. The best mission is imo mission3, the Bank. So many ways to handle that one. Going that one single-segment is just a dream.

The animations in CT are great. Love how he slowly starts grabbing for his knife when he nears to an enemy and how he stays in a position to not make a sound only to slowly sink into a crouch. One little touch I feel they overlook in later entries past Double Agent is his age. In SC1 and SC2 he's at his peak physically, but in SC3 he's old and in SC4 near retirment and his animations reflect that. You'll at times see him straighten his back and things like climbing over a rail are animated in that sense, really great.

Note, CT looks like a freak'n modern release on the Xbox One X and PC. The lighting engine they used in it still looks state of the art somehow. No idea how they pulled that off on the Xbox Original.

The PS2 and Gamecube release are interesting too, they use more 'condenced' levels with different room layouts and enemy compositions since the hardware was weaker. Very weird to play but pretty fun too.

661Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:42 am

HotPocketHPE

HotPocketHPE
C-Rank

Man, this stuff about the new Tales game's boss (no experience with the series, just what I've seen from Khayyaam etc.) really makes me appreciate Monster Hunter all the more. Maybe I should do a mechanics writeup for FU or something, just to get the thoughts out of my head.

662Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:09 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Chaos Theory done. Overall game is great, a real pinnacle. Still has some aged design choices and the shooting is still a dice roll, albeit a low chance to miss.
The story was the most enjoyable out of the core 3.
Not a fan of the levels in general, they all felt linear corridors of bases.
Ai was very exploitable and game wasn't hard, played on hard.
Controls were perfect, never had an issue with sam not doing exactly what I wanted.
I only found out near the end that the pistol is much more quiet, if I had known that the game would have been a lot easier.
I would say 8/10.

663Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:29 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Still surprised you mention linearity, while the whole game's claim to fame for most fans is how it's the most open of the series in terms of routing, optional objectives, doing stuff out of order etc. It even has the ability to have you skip objectives but complete them in the next mission etc.

> difficulty
The AI is hilarious at times "WHAT WAS THAT" - "I DONT KNOW...and i dont WANT to know". They are almost comedy relief.

> Pistol
The OCP is the most broken tool they ever gave us, and they still struggled with balancing it years later.

> shooting
It's pretty fun to go ham in with mines and the shotgun.

664Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I don’t know what to play next. I’m still in the middle The Great Ace Attorney but I need to play something more active with it.

665Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Great Ace Attorney

What do you think of these in comparison to the mainline games? Only played through 1-6 myself, including the Edgeworth games.

666Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:53 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I’ve only finished GAA1 but I would say it’s one of the weaker entries overall, though I hear GAA2 is one of the best.

667Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:44 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Still surprised you mention linearity, while the whole game's claim to fame for most fans is how it's the most open of the series in terms of routing, optional objectives, doing stuff out of order etc. It even has the ability to have you skip objectives but complete them in the next mission etc.

That is not quite what i meant, love the open ended mission objectives.
Granted I did every side objective so never saw this stuff really, only read about it.

The levels are hallways with rooms attached. You go from point a to point b that's it.
Any branches often don't connect to the main hallway structure and are purely there to scan a computer for a side objective.
There are occasional vents or pipes that let you come at a room at a different angle, but it is very railroaded.
You often cannot backtrack as the route back is blocked off, there are tons of arbitrary doors that just open up randomly as soon as you do an objective.

If you dispose of everyone, as I did, you can run around freely, and really see how straight forward everything is.
Cameras see you, guards shout, but no one comes, because you killed everyone.
Again I like it in moderation. Small cramped areas make for great fun in stealth, as they are tricky to navigate, but would love to see some bigger levels.
I remember DA, Conviction, and BL having some awesome big levels.
The first level of Conviction you can climb around the entire outside and come in from tons of different windows.
My stealth experience comes from immersive sims like deus ex and dishonored that have insanely massive levels, maybe that's just the disconnect.

>I don’t know what to play next. I’m still in the middle The Great Ace Attorney but I need to play something more active with it.
If you have a pc play Dark Messiah. Just picked it up, it is like action brawler Bioshock.

668Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:00 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>GAA1 is one of the weaker entries

That's sad to hear... oh well, keep me updated on what you think of the second game.

669Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:17 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> what to play next
Halo!

> Chaos Theory
Ah yeah I can understand that. Chaos Theory still doesn't have a lot of 'open' sections in that regard yeah. It has one 'hub' part in the Hokkaido mission (near the cars) but that's about it, most of it is office spaces, corridors, vents etc. so I can understand what you're talking about. I think it's a good idea to try them again sneaking past enemies, it's fun to kill/dispose of everyone, but going full ghost is very enjoyable too and really shows of the multiple paths in fun ways. It also shows just how blind some AIs are. If they are sitting behind a computer you can basically stand on the desk and they won't notice you hahaha.

> alarms
One small touch I liked is how insanely hard missions get if you get max alarms, enemies are basically bunkered in.

> immerse sim stealth
Different genre I'd say. I tend to have the opposite feeling, with those games I have the feeling "it's so big, the designers probably didn't even think of this option but just threw shit in here", while with the smaller games I feel that it is intentional.

670Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:31 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

FUCK!

We just got a 7 day lockdown due to a community case popping up.

If only I knew! I would've picked up my Switch and be playing Astral Chain right now.

671Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Played the new Tales demo.

In the first fight I see break mechanics. Not good. Looks like everything has super armor until you break them. Then you can launch.

I chose the gun character. Ranged combat was actually ok. Just ok. Arena is large and I could kite all day. Dodging cancels reload, though this doesn't let you fire faster. It's just better than being stuck in the reload animation which you can't cancel as far as I know.

Don't know if there are builds or anything. Right now it looks like something I'll pass on. Will keep an eye on it and see what develops.

672Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:03 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>halo
Just got the collection on PC. Will probably start it on my next day off. Wondering if this is a case of me remember loving a series as a kid and actually finding new things to appreciate.

Speaking of FPS, I got the Quake remaster on PS4, what a classic. It’s interesting to play it after so much time with classic Doom. Levels throughout remind me of E1 of Doom 1, not as many monster closets and bland wide open sections like Doom 2. Enemies are super mobile and the numbers are actually fairly low but the compositions are creative on Hard. Not sure how I feel about the weapons compared to Doom but I haven’t played much yet.

673Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Started playing Divine Divinity on my laptop. This and Baldur's Gate are the only things I have that will run.

It's an isometric RPG. Looks like Diablo.
These types of games creep me out. I find the atmosphere fantastic. But they're really hard. So many weird things can happen. Most of them bad.

I was lucky enough to get a bow early as a random treasure box loot. The ranged combat is decent. If I start coming across enemies that run faster I won't be happy though.

674Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:56 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Just got the collection on PC.

I am down for some Legendary coop.

675Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:34 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What's the co-op limit in Halo? 4? If so I might be down to buy it too and setup some Legendary fun with you guys.

676Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

About to finish playing FF IV. So far I've played V, VI, and Chrono Trigger. Guess you can count IV as well, since the only thing left to take care of is the final boss. After this, I'm going to try Super Mario RPG.

None of the games I've played are quite as good as V. Another case where the most popular game in the series (VI/VII) isn't necessarily the best. There's no Hide in VI, no Mix, defensive mechanics are largely worse, offensive mechanics got gimped (Dualcasting disables Summons, you can use Summons once per battle with each character, whereas in V you could Dualcast Summons and use them pretty much whenever you wanted to), among other things.

If you guys want to give these games a try, please watch out for the following:

If you plan to play IV's SNES version, be aware that the US version (called FF II) removed offensive items and status effect inflicting ones. Needless to say, IV Easy Type does the same thing. If you really want to play the best version on the SNES, you need to play the Japanese version. Either learn Japanese, have a guide at hand, or use a translation patch. If you want to play the GBA port (guess this also goes for PSP), you'd have more content than in the SNES version, but you'd need to farm for items more, as the item duplication glitch was fixed.

For V, just play the US GBA version. It has more content than the SNES version, and there's even a pretty beneficial glitch that IIRC is not present in the original, which saves you a lot of trouble when mastering the Jobs. The GBA EUR version fixed this, so stay away if you can.

For VI, I guess you can just go for either version of the GBA port. As usual, more content than in the original. Only noteworthy differences are the Vanish/Doom glitch (Vanish overrides death immunity, so Doom works on almost, if not every single thing. For those curious, Doom is a multi targetting Instant Death spell) and the Evade bug (normal Evade% is bugged and does nothing, but the Magic Evade% value determines the rate in which you dodge BOTH physicals and magic, and I think maxing out one of those values is easier than trying to max out both, so the endgame becomes a bit easier if you've not been exploiting Vanish/Doom already). In other words, if you want to play the game the way it was meant to be played, go for the GBA port. US/EUR does not matter, I'm pretty sure.

For Chrono Trigger, get the DS version if you can. More content, and it's the only version where the item duplication glitch is possible, saving you some headache if you're not the grinding type. Steam versiod axed the glitch in question.

677Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:18 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>What's the co-op limit in Halo? 4

It says 4 players on the wiki. Halo 4 and 5 are the only ones I haven't played past a few levels.
Would be very down for this on legendary.

All halos are on game pass. I love game pass. I have gotten about 5 months saved up for about a total of $5 for all months combined. I just google around and find cheap deals.

678Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:21 am

GN1

B-Rank

AFAIK coop limits for Halo 1 and 2 are 2 players, and the rest are 4.

I have them on Steam (and 5 on my XSX) and would be glad to finally play the campaigns and try the coop if someone is interested (I'm far from being good at Halo though).

679Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I sadly couldn't use GamePass on my PC to play the Halo games. I fell victim to that one bug that had the games keep saying "you don't own these games" despite being logged in etc. This is because my xbox account uses a different M$-account than my desktop does apparently and there's no fix. Well, there are fixes, obviously, but none of them worked for me sadly.

If we do it I'll just buy them on STEAM!

680Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 am

GN1

B-Rank

If you play on Xbox, I think you can still do crossplay with PC players (I know it's possible for PVP at least).

681Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

From what I read, that's only for the regular MP, not Campaign sadly.

682Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:19 am

GN1

B-Rank

If more players here want to play I can also download it on my XSX

683Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:29 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I have the games on my XSX, just need to get Gold again if we want to play. Gotta be honest Xbox has my preference haha, not much of a PC gamer Razz

Would be cool if we could do a Stinger-group Halo play one day!

684Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:19 pm

GN1

B-Rank

This actually sounds like a great idea!

Do you know of any good microphone that works on both PC and Xbox?

Another thing, there's this guy I talk NG2 with (both of us love it), and he keeps telling me that Ghost of Tsushima has actually good combat on lethal difficulty.

He sent me some footage, and I also saw another vid by Miduki and wasn't impressed at all. Am I missing something here? Or there isn't any real depth to the combat besides mastering parrying windows perhaps?

685Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Is that Hayabusa-senpai? He's on here as well and on Twitter, great guy! I haven't played Ghost, but mechanically it seems a bit barren imo, but really nails the feeling of 'impact' that a lot of games miss out on these days, as well as sporting quite agressive enemies.

It is on my list to buy if I ever get a PS5 or 6.

686Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:43 pm

GN1

B-Rank

No it's another guy I'm talking with on Discord and we are actually having great discussions, just that I can't see the combat appeal of it, and the enemy aggression didn't really impress me. Feeling of impact is secondary to an actually well thought out combat, something I think all of us here would agree on.

Despite only playing the first level of the OG Xbox Buffy game and some of the 2nd level, this is a game I can actually vouch for the enemy aggression of it, and I really liked what I played of it. Seems it can provide a decent challenge on hard.

687Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I do believe that you can analyze combat from afar, but at the end of the day you do have to play it. Halo always looked dumb and like a cookiecutter shooter to me, but upon playing it I was met with a fantastic combat system.

I'll reserve judgment for Ghost of Tsu until I play it!

688Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:50 pm

GN1

B-Rank

Oh I only shared impressions from vids, I agree I can't judge until I play. Just interested to know if I'm missing something and someone can enlighten me. I don't have the means to play it either.

689Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:41 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I can do halo on pc or xbox. Would love to do some Halo 3 Legendary, have fond memories of 4 player legendary runs back in the day.
Also now that I think about it i never played odst.

>Do you know of any good microphone that works on both PC and Xbox?

I use a logitech G Pro Microphone and it is fantastic. Good quality.
I think anything with a 3.5 jack can just plug into a series controller on xbox and work. You could use ear buds with mics built in, in a pinch.

690Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:01 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I have this weird action RPG called Musashi Samurai Legend.

I've played it a little. You can somehow learn moves from enemies. I don't remember the RPG aspects. I think you level up and allocate stat points. I think it's pretty light.

691Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

This game sucks. Not enjoying anything about it.

692Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I just made a 'club' for Stinger Magazine on Xbox, we can use that to setup a halo match I think?

693Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:38 pm

GN1

B-Rank

Sounds like a great idea Raeng, It's called 'Stinger Magazine' ? I requested to join it, just need to get a mic

694Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:15 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I saw the invite come in, but I'm away right now, I'll accept it in a bit :)

695Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:14 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

My xbox is not hooked up right now and apparently they removed clubs from pc, dumb.
hedfone on xbox if you want to add me.

696Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got Victor Vran off the PS4 store. Normally I wouldn't buy a PC game on console but did some research and it works perfectly on controller.

You can jump and wall jump. Can equip some kind of cards so there are builds. I got one that causes freeze on critical hits, ranged damage up and critical up.

You get the shotgun in the tutorial area. Despite being a shotgun it has unlimited range on normal shots. One of my specials is an actual spread shot with low range. No interest in melee.

There's a dodge roll but it's not invincible. Jumping and rolling cancel recovery.

There's magic but I haven't played with it much. You start with a meteor spell. Loot is a thing.

Status effects I've seen so far are freeze and fear. Freeze is slow, and fear makes them run. These statuses have little icons that drain of color to show their duration.

A lot of fun so far.

697Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Too much loot. Everything is loot.

Abilities and weapons should either be for sale or earned. Most of what I get is weapons I don't use. The same weapon and tier can have different affixes. It's mind numbing.

And it's not just the weapons. Cards and magic are in the same boat. There's a combining system but who wants to do that. DLC adds more tiers and another type of currency.

Think I'll drop this. Lots of cool effects and setups but going nowhere and the loot sucks.

698Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Anyone played Path of Exile? It's free so I gave it try.

My immediate problem is that even starting area enemies can outrun you. Can't play ranged at all. End up firing arrows in sword range.

I get that later I'd be strong enough to kill something fast or instantly up close but that wouldn't be ranged gameplay.

I don't know know if you get a dodge of some kind. That would help. But I can't be bothered if I can't start with basic tools like that.

699Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:51 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Hyper Light Drifter seems good. Had it for ages but only ever touched it for like 20 mins ages ago.

Played about an hour today. Got destroyed in almost every room. You have to be really careful with your movement and slashes. It's harder than I though and the enemies attack quite often.

700Chatting about games - Page 14 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Tyr

Tyr
D-Rank

I played Path of Exile when it came out. I had a really good time with it.

I don't remember many things, but even early on, it is good to have several quicksilver flasks. They make you run much faster (and as you may have noticed, flasks can refill as quickly as you kill enemies).
There are several "dash" spells, but it may be difficult to use them, because your equipment and skill tree need to be very specific sometimes.

It's a very complex game, there really is a lot to learn. And sometimes, there are important changes that invalidate your previous knowledge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum