5does
Shane
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 20]

601Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 28, 2021 10:58 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I used to have the Japanese version. There are similarities like counters and I think sidestepping. Special moves too. A bit stiff to control. Kind of like PS1 RE but with a little more movement. Don't remember much. Barely played it

602Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:12 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I might be able to play PS3 in the next couple of days. I was looking if you could play PS2 games on non-launch PS3 models, and it looks like you can technically do so. If that's true, that would mean I can finally play titles like God Hand, DMC, etc.

If that isn't true, I'd like to ask how's the performance of the DMC and GoW's HD collections. Don't want to try the Sigma versions of NG, so that leaves me with Star Wars The Force Unleashed, and Evil Within. Not sure if I'm missing anything else, or if any of the games I mentioned even run that well on PS3.

603Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Non-launch machines, IIRC, don't have that option unless you mod it in (and even then it's just iso's iirc). Otherwise you're shit out of luck and are stuck paying for the online 'classics' releases.

Regarding the games you mentioned, DMC HD is a good deal. While it has a lot of technical shortcomings, few of them impact gameplay (a few do though, but unless you're a vet you won't notice them).

Force Unleashed is okay, it runs like trash for the most part sadly. Once shit gets hefty it runs between 20-30 fps. It's capped at 30.

God of War collections are fantastic and its version of GoW3 is still the best imo.

Evil Within is garbage on that system, I can speak from experience sadly. It is 'okay' if you have no other option, but in today's world I'd rank it the lowest of the available options to play that title.

> Other games
Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 (yes), metal gear rising, Yakuza series, Arkham games, Bioshock, MGS collection, Mass Effect 2, Dark Souls 1.0, Human Revolution, Dead Space 2, Rayman Legends, Infamous 1 (really good game imo), Dragon Age Origins, Max Payne 3, Vanquish. These should get a look at least to see if there's something up your alley. Those were the system-sellers to me at least (not all exclusives but hey, a new console is a new console!)

https://stinger.actieforum.com

604Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I might be wrong (please correct me, PS3 experts) but the launch model is the only one that plays PS2 discs. Later models only play emulated PS2 games that you buy on the PSN store.

DMC HD Collection is pretty good from what I remember, but in DMC3 Kalina Ann's grapple move in the Gunslinger style is broken - from what I remember it just doesn't connect with enemies. Don't think it was ever patched. Sounds a bit petty to refuse to play the game over that bug, but I'd never go back to that version because of it. PC/PS4/XB1 is a better option, if possible for you.

Never heard any significant criticisms of GoW collection, but I've not played it. Hopefully someone else can fill in the blanks there!

605Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

To note the DMC1 version of HD has a lot of texture issues and one of the bosses (griffon) doesn't function properly (his weakness is never exposed due to a coding error). The GoW releases are fantastic, they completely replace the originals IIRC and are a standard to which all HD remakes are compared.

EDIT: IIRC the katalina-bug is still present in every HD version since of DMC3. Even in the Switch release. Though I'm not sure.

606Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Why is GoW3 better on PS3?

I'd add MGS4 in the list.

607Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm fairly confident in saying the Kalina Ann bug was fixed in the latest releases - I'm pretty sure I never encountered it on PC. I hope I'm right, anyway!

I'd add Tekken Tag 2 if you like fighting games.

608Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

GoW3 on PS4 (sadly) has a ton of sound and graphical issues, you can ask BigVee for more details on that. But the original release is far more stable sadly. It does come with all the costumes though, which is a bonus, since most of them hard impossible to get on PS3. Most of those costumes are ass though since they also give stat-changes.

Not sure about DMC3HD's later releases now, I'll ask around.

609Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:20 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>non-launch machines

I think the console is modded. Assuming that it would be hard to find one of the launch models though, so I'm pretty sure it's the newer ones.

>Force Unleashed and EW run like trash

Aww. Those are one of the titles I was looking forward to play the most, because of the praise they get. Oh well...

>Souls, Vanquish, and MGR

How could I forget about those? Now that I think about it, Bayonetta is also a PS3 title, right? Vanquish is also one of my priorities.

>Yakuza

Heard of this series a lot. Which one should I start with?

>MGS collection

Oh right, there's an MGS collection on PS3 too. Also been meaning to play MGS1, but haven't gotten around it. I wonder if it's okay to play 2 right away. According to Google, ZoE2 is on PS3 as well.

As for the rest, I'll take notes about these. I'm familiar with half of them.

>emulated PS2 games

According to a compatibility list I found somewhere on the net, DMC3 has seemingly no issues. But that's the vanilla version I think, not SE.

>PS4/XB1/PC

Not an option for me, sadly.

>DMC1 HD has texture issues

Gimme a break...

>MGS4

How's this one compared to the rest? I heard the main campaign is great, but everything else... not so much.

>Fighters

I don't have a lot of experience with these. I think I've played Tekken 5 and one Mortal Kombat game on an Xbox 360, and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 if thosr count, but that's it. Never played any of them seriously either.

610Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:34 am

RedShot

B-Rank

@Raeng
>GoW3 on PS4 has a ton of sound and graphical issues
I wouldn't have imagined it. I did a fast normal run thanks to a free PS Now trial but it was a long time ago. I was going to buy the PS4 version, but PS3 is the way to go if you put it that way.

@Phoenix Wright
>ZoE2
Play it right away. I like the first one but you can ignore it because the sequel did everything better. ZoE1 is a fun prototype, but ZoE2 is among the best action games.

>MGS4
It has great fundamentals, good boss fights and the first two acts can be considered as the best MGS experience. It has some pacing issues and cutscenes are a bit redundant but it's still one of the best MGS, a bit behind MGS2 and MGS3 but those games are almost perfect haha.

611Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> non launch machine
Note that if it's modded, it won't play official PS2 discs IIRC, so you'll have to burn them.

> Force Unleashed & Evil Within
Note that they are the worst versions, doesn't make them unplayable. A good game is a good game, just be prepared for some shoddy texture work and framedrops. I, personally, could stomach it, but I know a lot of users can't.

> Bayonetta
Again, sadly, the PS3 version is worst. If you can patch it it isn't half bad, but after all the releases the game has gotten that is also bottom of the barrel. You'll often see this problem sadly, since the PS3 was so hard to port for.

> ZoE2
PS3 is the only version I don't have any experiences with. Note that if you get it, you have to patch it, as the original releases was - sadly - garbage and ran worse than the original PS2 release. I agree with RedShot, play it right away. Goddlike game, one of the best there is.

> Yakuza
Imo, Yakuza Zero, which is a PS4 game haha. I'd save playing this series until you get a PS4/X1 which has the entire series.

> MGS1
Watch a plot synopsis. Imo it isn't that great gameplay wise compared to the later entries. It's still worth a playthrough though imo, but if you're strapped for time/cash, skip it. It isn't included in the Trilogy bundle either, you'll have to get the "PS2 Classics" release or the original disc (every PS3 model can run PS1 games).

> MGS4
It has a few cool levels and fantastic mechanics, but there isn't enough 'game' on the disc for you to really go ham with all the mechanics. For example there's a 'battlefield' mechanic, where two armies are fighting and you are unaligned. There's an entire "who do you side for" mechanic under the hood, optional paths etc. It's fantastic. And it's in there for about 4 minutes total.

> GoW3
Stuff like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGT8eL6PkvQ) has been noted as a "common issue". Now I'll be honest, my experience with the PS4 version was quite stable. I only had a few sound issues by comparison. IIRC the game can only support Surround-Sound, so if you want to do anything else it bugs out. Stuff like that.

612Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:18 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gregorinho wrote:I'm fairly confident in saying the Kalina Ann bug was fixed in the latest releases - I'm pretty sure I never encountered it on PC. I hope I'm right, anyway!

I'd add Tekken Tag 2 if you like fighting games.

Checked around, they fixed it in future releases!

613Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:06 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:> GoW3
Stuff like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGT8eL6PkvQ)

How did I forget that? It happened to me too and I was pretty shocked haha.

614Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I never had a single issue with my run through of the ps4 gow 3 recently. Regardless of whatever glitches might exist, the game is a rock solid 60. Gow 3 has a horrible unlocked framerate on ps3, I could never go back to that version, it was messy.

615Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Don't know what to tell you man, most tend to prefer the original release that has less problems. I have both and I admit I play the PS4 version more due to the stable framerate (and PS3 being a horrible machine for me after all its updates and having a broken controller also doesn't help haha). Still I wouldn't say it was horrible on PS3. It is pretty swingy I admit (40-60 fps), but we've all played far worse haha

616Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:18 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I feel really bad about it, I told myself I would never be like this, but I am getting to the point where I can't really enjoy 60 fps anymore. I have been at 120 for about a year now and it is really night and day.
Would love to see 240.

617Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ironically I've been going backwards in a sense. My CRT is PAL, hence 50-fps at best. Played a bit of GoW on it which then runs at 25FPS and...somehow it is nostalgic. But I can totally understand man.

I remember when I played Yakuza Zero and then played Yakuza 3 later-on...that was rough. Going from stable 60 to like...it felt like 15 haha.

618Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I play at 144hz on PC (where my hardware has the power to) and I can definitely tell the difference, but going back to 60hz only feels bad to me if I'm jumping instantly from one to the other. If I turn my PC off, go grab a drink and a snack, and come back and play some PS5, it doesn't feel jarring going back to 60fps - even if I can feel that it's not as smooth.

For curiosities sake though, I have been playing at 144hz on PC and then switched to 60hz just to compare, and 60 feels awful when you instantly go from one to the other. If I give my eyes time away from the screen first though, it's not so bad.

I'll just describe 30fps as pretty undesirable. I can play a game at 30 if it's good, but ideally I'd always want at least 60. I have noticed recently though that 30fps on my 4K monitor (which is my bigger monitor, and I'm slightly closer to it) gives me a headache. I haven't gone back to Horizon Zero Dawn because of it. I think motion blur might play a part in it, too.

619Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What you're used to is a big element in these discussions though. If any of us here would talk to my 11 year old self who had just played Goldeneye at a blistering 7FPS in splitscreen co-op he'd claim it was the smoothest thing he'd ever seen. Because well...it was...back then haha.

I will say that 60fps is really desirable for me, but I can honestly enjoy everything as long as the FPS is stable. Game runs at 15? Fine, just let it run at 15 the whole game and don't jump from 1 to 15.

620Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>play ZoE2 right away

Noted.

>burn discs

Does that include single-layered discs?

>not unplayable

I see. Still though, I should probably do some research on YouTube, to see if I could stomach them. Pretty sure I could though, I can stomach waiting for 30 seconds for the game to load an area in KH1. Note that it isn't that bad on PS2, that was because my PS2 wasn't in the best state at the moment.

>often see this problem

Is it because of the console itself? The KH games also suffer from this, the PS3 versions are the worst, and the PS2 and PS4 versions are the superior choices.

>have to patch ZoE2

Think I might need a guide for this, as I have virtually zero experience with DLC, patches and such.

>wait to get a PS4/XB1 to play Yakuza

Alright.

>every PS3 model can run PS1 games

Oh, interesting. I have some games on that system that I wish to replay with a controller again. It's been ages since I played said titles with anything other than a keyboard.

>not enough 'game' to go ham with the mechanics

I'm assuming that DLC fixes this?

Here's the link I was talking about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PcFySex7TsFYtYgDWGvCkYMjcVXZ67ocv0G1KT39Hjw/edit#gid=2083440149

Apparently almost every PS2 action game I want to play either runs perfectly or has minor issues, but should be playable all the way through the end. Stuff like ZoE2, DMC1 and 3, Okami, Onimusha, and even Maximo are included there. The only exception is MGS3, but I could simply buy the PS3 disc. The only KH game that can't be played is the one I don't care for, but that document doesn't list the Final Mix versions of 1 and 2, so I think I should go ahead and test it myself.

621Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Those are the games that work on a backwards compatible PS3, which you probably don't have. The hardware is simply missing for it if I got my facts straight. If they do work that'd be sweet though!

> PS3 issues
The console was really weirdly designed in terms of hardware iirc, a lot of studios struggled making games for it.

> patching
Generally speaking, you insert the disc and it should patch by itself if you're connected to the internet. You can always press Triangle over the disc image and press "Check for updates" in the submenu that then opens.

> MGS4 DLC
The game never had any DLC.

Let me know what you end up playing man!

622Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:48 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Right. Did some more digging, and there's apparently an 'emulator' called ''PS2 Classics'' which tricks the PS3 into thinking they're games from the PlayStation store.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Some games have issues, like DMC1, DMC3SE, GoW2, and some others. But GoW isn't a problem if I can play them via the HD collection, and if it doesn't have any issues like the DMC collection, I will definitely go for that one.

>patches

Are they always available for downloading?

>MGS4 had no DLC

I see, so those mechanics you mentioned earlier will barely come into play.

>what I end up playing

If that emulator works, chances are that I'll play either God Hand, DMC1, or GoW. I'm almost tempted to toss a dice to see what I'll play. There's more than 6 choices, but the games I'm looking forward the most to play are the three I mentioned earlier plus ZoE2, Chaos Legion, and MGS2.

But if the emulator doesn't work, I will most likely play GoW first.

623Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:22 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> patches
They'll be available as long as the Network stays up!

624Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:09 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Oh right, have any of you guys played Transformers Devastation, FF XIII: Lightning Returns, Asura's Wrath, and Lollipop Chainsaw? IIRC @Birdman played the latter, but I want to know if any of those games run well on PS3.

625Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:33 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

LC runs fine. I think loading times are a little faster on 360.

I only played TFD on PS4. I assume it's playable on PS3.

626Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I played TFD on PC and PS4, fun game. It does have a PS3 version, but I couldn't say how well it performs. Might be worth looking up some videos before you buy it.

627Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>LC runs fine

That's good to hear.

>TFD

From what I've seen so far, it seems playable.

628Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Silly question. Would a PS3 work with a really old CRT TV?

629Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:05 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It does. For a while it was my only option. Some games come out really blurred. Hard to read small writing. I played LC and Dragon's Dogma for a while on a CRT. Wasn't the worst thing.

630Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

That's a relief. I have a feeling that it'll be my only option for quite a long time.

>Dragon's Dogma

Oh right, I forgot this was a PS3 title. And according to wikipedia, Dark Arisen is also on PS3. Will definitely play that one too.

631Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I used to play it on a CRT too originally, the text is hard to read but other than that it's still a great way to play.

632Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:41 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What I don't like about Persona 5 Stikers is the Persona and other monsters aren't really summons. They're basically just a set of special attacks you can level up and customize.

I didn't like Warriors Allstars for the same reason because the Nights of Azure character was the same. In NoA the summons are separate beings, but in Allstars they made them just part of bland S>T strings. Just string attacks no different than a sword swing.

633Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:47 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Do you guys have game rental stores in your area? My local rental place got replaced by an e-sport business.

634Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not anymore.

Piracy and Netflix killed most of them. Corona got the remaining.

635Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:52 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Has anyone played the OneeChanbara series? Everytime I see gameplay, I get a weird urge to play. Like there must be some ok mechanics hidden there?
Also In this Japanese trailer this girl does a Guillotine Throw on a Zombie...

636Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

https://www.ign.com/articles/insomniac-ratchet-clank-dev-difficulty

So the made the game play itself? Are gamers really this fucking stupid now?

637Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm all for games having super easy modes (as long as they don't replace harder difficulties) but making skippable puzzles is stupid. If you don't want to make people solve them then don't make any. I don't see how having the game play itself is fun even for people who don't want a challenge.

638Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:43 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I know a lot of players that really enjoy the Onechambara series. The bosses are especially fun from what I've heard, combat against the regular mooks is a bit mindless though. Again, only from what I've heard.

> super easy modes
It's generally fine, but the notion that every game should be beatable by everyone always rubs me wrong. Same with everything should be enjoyable for everyone. I'm more a fan of easy modes that teach you how to play better (i.e. Ninja Dog) than play the game for you (i.e. Hero Mode).

vert1 wrote:Do you guys have game rental stores in your area?

Not anymore. One closed last year. The other around 5-6 back. Both the same chain. I frequented it fairly often but mostly for movies, not games. I can point to my formative years for that. Can't say I talked much with the longer lasting proprieter, who was very morose. I thought it very possible part of it was the very analog idea of a video rental store in the digital age. Nevertheless he told me once that "of course" he watches Netflix. Says it all, doesn't it. What I find funny, ha-ha, is that you have to explain future generations why would one leave ones abode to come back and watch a movie on a physical medium? Sounds tiresome.

640Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty laments and curses Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Rental reminds me. Of Castlevania for PS2. Lament of Innocence in NA. Never owned it, only rented. At the time it really irritated me. Combat had some real silly things I could not condone then. As a consequence I don't remember much. I am calmer now and my kill skill is much higher, so I will go for it now. Prices are certainly lower then for Symphony.

Curse of Darkness looks like a real mess. Never touched that. But I feel a certain pull. Am I going crazy here?

641Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:36 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I like both.

642Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty so familiar Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Yeah, I'm sure. When I learned about the Innocent Devils familiars in Curse of Darkness I gnashed my teeth.

Followed by the thought: But maybe Birdman likes it? No offence.

I will see how "Lament" feels to me now, maybe I take the plunge with Curse. Obviously I got a wet, soft spot for the era. Rolling Eyes @ me.

643Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:08 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Innocent Devils
IDs are cool. It's a good system.
If you hate leveling up don't bother.

>But maybe Birdman likes it?
Always a good sign.

Just got my FreeMC Boot card and burning some stuff I haven't played.

Crimson Tears. Finally. Movement and attacking is smooth. Feels good. No immediate issues.

Hated Gungrave.

Up next: Nightmare of Druaga, Jade Cocoon 2, Eternal Poison, Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance, and maybe Shadow Hearts 3.

I was a hugh fan of Shadow Hearts 2 but only played 3 a little.

I'll also download Metal Arms and Digital Devil Saga 1&2.

644Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:09 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Hated Gungrave.

The game is really simple and a bit boring but does look cool.
The creator said he made it for people to play after getting home from the bar drunk.
Apparently the sequel has more mechanics.

>Nightmare of Druaga
Awesome game.

>Shadow Hearts
Love 1 and 2. I prefer the dark tone of 1 more though. Haven't played 3 either.

645Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:09 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Apparently the sequel has more mechanics.
Might look into it.

>Druaga
Didn't end up liking it.

Didn't like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance or Metal Arms. Let's see how Jade Cocoon 2 goes.

646Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:32 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Jade Cocoon 2 is bizarre. I don't like it at all.

You battle in these circles. You put monsters on spaces on each of 4 sides. Then you rotate the circle to get the ones you want in battle position.

Each side is a certain color and property. Fire (attack), wind (status effect), earth (defense) and water (healing and other support).

The tutorial went like this. Use the wind monster to put the enemy to sleep, then switch to fire to attack.

Seems pretty limited. I think there's monster fusion too.
The battle system doesn't seem interesting. It feels more like just being a guy with 4 categories of magic and cycling through monsters is just like going through a menu.

Shadow Hearts 3 is great. Always like this series. I can't remember where I got up to all those years ago. I know I had the cat.

I'm pretty sure this game would get banned or heavily censored these days. Way too many things the perpetually outraged snowflakes would consider offensive. I LOVE IT.

Watched some Digital Devil Saga videos explaining the mechanics and doubt I'll like it. While there's no annoying fusion, there are mechanics I don't like that will just ruin it.

647Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:23 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I just learned you can edit a downloaded 360 save to work on any profile.
Downloaded a Shadows of the Damned save that unlocked satanic hell difficulty.

I wonder if you could get a crazy hacked NG2 save or something.

648Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Probably out of place, but does anyone know if fixing PS2 controllers with no prior experience is safe? Cousin is selling his slim PS2 for 25$, but the controllers don't work properly. The 'X' input doesn't work on two of the three controllers, and the left analog stick is stuck to the right side on the third controller. I was wondering if fixing these issues would be a simple task or not.

649Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Depends on the tools you have and if you may or may not like/know how to solder. I've fixed some hardware issues before without needing those tools, but never tried my hand at a controller.

The "X" button not working can be a ton of different issues i.e. broken spring, dustbuild up, sweat buildup and god knows what else, all differing in difficulty to fix. A broken stick generally needs a replacement though, so you're better off just chucking that one in the bin unless it's just stuck somehow.

Just be sure to have appropriate screwdrivers etc to open them up.

650Chatting about games - Page 13 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Yeah I do have the required tools to open them up, just wondering if they were delicate enough that they might need to be handled by someone with more experience on the matter. Pretty strange that two of these controllers are mostly functional, except for that one button.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum