Dark_Blood_NG
Birdman
AKheon
Royta/Raeng
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

351God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:14 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

All of my runs have been recorded from an emulator. So yeah.

>saves
You can use them for practice. Just don't use them to do serious runs. Use manual saves instead, or make a save where a save point is (to speed up the saving process). And continue from checkpoints.

352God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Dante™

Dante™
D-Rank

Malcar wrote:>Fans of "most action games" strike again
Understand them, how can they play that ugly GoW without useless cancels (that also delete iframes from the Artemis switch animation)?

Smells like DMC5's work

353God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:10 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

So... totally a good thing, no?

354God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:41 pm

Dante™

Dante™
D-Rank

Phoenix Wright wrote:So... totally a good thing, no?

DMC5 and "good" should never be in the same sentence :skullemoji:

355God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty What is hydra king anti regen Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:41 am

THE Egyptian slayer

THE Egyptian slayer
D-Rank

I was watching zesty gow 1 pain+ videos and fattah mentioned hydra anti regen Zesty said it's a very advanced thing what is it exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/@Private-rm3tv?si=owdILrzyaxIXhef1

356God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:19 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>GoW1 PAIN+
That doesn't exist in GoW1. PAIN is the highest you can go in that entry.

>anti regen
The Hydra regens its health each time you bring it to 'O'. Anti Regen means you prevent the Hydra from regenerating its health, thus allowing the next phase to be over in one hit, or if it's the last phase, significantly less than normal. This requires frame perfect precision. Hence why Zesty said it's advanced tech.

357God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:25 pm

THE Egyptian slayer

THE Egyptian slayer
D-Rank

Lol pain I mean it was a typo nothing bad

https://www.youtube.com/@Private-rm3tv?si=owdILrzyaxIXhef1

358God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:39 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

No worries.

359God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:26 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

I don't even know how to execute it. Randomly mashing O when Hydra is about to drop his head won't help you nail it though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYfivScsd_EreejRUraXlA

360God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:58 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Something about slapping the Hydra before its head lands. Zim has more information on the matter, should you want to get good at it. Maybe in preparation for a ZMD?

361God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:42 am

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Of course. But, before that I need to learn how to beat Clone War under PAIN conditions and take no damage.

362God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:20 pm

DoDoboi

DoDoboi
D-Rank

Wright, do you know how to perform it? And is there a video explaining how to perform the hydra anti regen?

363God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:42 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Kira: >Clone War
Yes, getting experience on that will surely be a necessity. Though even if you get good, bad RNG at the start will mean failure.

DoDoboi: >how to
I'm not super well-versed on it. All I know (which may be wrong or not, like I said, ask Zim) is that slapping the head right before it lands apparently helps (or is needed to be able to do it at all, I don't know).

>video
Zim had a video with text overlay explaining in detail how to get it done, but I can't remember what it was called. Again, ask him.

364God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:57 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I-frame data.

- Evades (dodge rolls) have 15 i-frames.
- Tricking (Artemis) has 40 i-frames.
- Air tricking has 32 i-frames.
- Lv 1 PR has 73 i-frames.
- Lv 2 PR has 134 i-frames.
- Lv 3 PR has 193 i-frames.
- Artemis' High Jump (slow-mo rise) has 78 i-frames (doesn't mean much when a lot of these frames are counted in the actual slow-mo period).

Last edited by Phoenix Wright on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

365God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:44 pm

Hyperfist

Hyperfist
A-Rank

Do you know where are the iframes in the rolling animation? I suppose at the very beginning, but I'm not sure.

366God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:59 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

They are active one frame before the proper animation begins. For PR, there are i-frames before the lightning effects come up (15 frames until this happens).

367God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:38 am

Hyperfist

Hyperfist
A-Rank

>roll
So you have to roll pretty much reactively if you want to iframe through stuff with it. I always found it hard to do (but thankfully it isn't even that useful aside from a couple of sections).

368God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:04 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>reactively
Yes, that tends to be the case. Fortunately, tricking has way more generous i-frames.

That said, I didn't mention something important. If you hold the left stick with the intention to move as soon as the animation ends, you'll cancel said animation earlier, and the i-frames will go with it. Like this, the i-frames will only last 27 frames. Also, if you hold L1 to block (or to prepare another 'trick', perhaps *if you don't do the v2 variation of a follow-up trick*) during the summoning animation, you'll cancel the i-frames even earlier. They will only last 23 frames like this.

Typically a player will do one of these things, so you generally are seeing 23-27 i-frames most of the time.

>not that useful
Tricking tends to outshine it unless it's a lingering hitbox (capable of either outlasting your i-frames) or a multi attack that you likely won't be able to trick in time, in which case you'd want to stay away, or roll out of harm's way, though this is pretty rare, as you note.

369God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Updated the i-frame data. Note that BoC's Slow-mo rise has no i-frames at all. And some info about petrification:

RotG negates petrification build-up, but unlike i-frames, we don't fully recover instantaneously. Instead, Kratos regens 50 PP per frame.

NOTE: Remember that Kratos has 12.000 RES. Medusa's Stare, for example, reduces our RES by 100 per frame.

370God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Wed May 22, 2024 10:57 pm

DoDoboi

DoDoboi
D-Rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG_-oC94N0Q&si=PFjlInlGyQ2QGAKq
My brother found a glitch on his meme-run at the Hydra KANG fight, has this ever been founded/used before
P.S - He’s not a professional or anything, just a fan of the GoW series.

371God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 am

Goosegod45

Goosegod45
D-Rank

Hi everyone, what exactly are the differences between the original PS2 releases of GoW I/II and the HD version on PS3? Which version is ideal to play? Thanks

372God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome!

Personally I'd say if you can, the HD version is a fantastic port. Though if you're into speedrunning I'm not sure if any exploits where removed in that version, not that I recall. Personally I played the PS2 releases, which run fine.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

373God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Tue May 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Zimnas

Zimnas
D-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Generally, the PS3 remaster is the superior version in terms of performance. For GoW1, PS2 included Brutal/Ruthless bonuses for grab kills if you had 10 or more hits. In addition to this, Artemis granted a special Mutulation descriptor for kills with the same requirement. Losing those isn't the end of the world, as MG will still net you the bulk of your profits.

PS2 PAL is a harder (and more restrictive) version of the game. Orion's Harpoon redirection cannot be performed with the same degree of freedom as PS2 US/PS3. Note that petrification build-up is also slower, making MG harder to use.

GoWII isn't lacking any mechanics where the remaster is concerned. Frankly the only downside of the PS3 version is not having access to Wulf's cheat code to unlock every weapon/spell from the very start of the game (when you input it in an in-game menu), or unlock 'Treasures' and VH (main menu).

In short, just play the remasters. You won't regret it.

374God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:07 am

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Some initial results on changing enemies have been achieved. See here for an example. Will continue working on this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kmu78053po51ZGrl-ZQ1f5hBy83tilgo/view?usp=drivesdk

375God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:21 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Kira: >link
Let's see what we're looking at.

>Aegean opener
Familiar.

>UL are CL now
Right.

>suddenly LC joins the fray
Didn't even wait until the bust-out-boys (SUL) joined. Suppose these are in the pools for those that would climb aboard.

>out of time before DA WHEY is opened
Fun for another time (seeing more locations and mixes).

376God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:39 pm

DoDoboi

DoDoboi
D-Rank

>Kira
This is something Zestos would dream of doing, looking forward for your progress on the randomizer.

377God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:42 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

A significant progress on the mod was achieved these past few days. Previously, I was able to spawn enemies that were already loaded in the levels. Now, we have figured out how the enemy spawn logic is defined by the game. Long story short, we can spawn any combination of enemies from 3 groups per segment. I will try to clearly define which groups exist and what enemies are in each group. Here is a new demo. Here, a Tormentor from group of Minotaurs is spawned. The other group is represented by a Wraith. The 3rd group is represented by the Centaur.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r7PGygoDOIjx_88w_Kb_qoajbL5iaqLI/view?usp=drivesdk

>DoDoboi
>Randomizer
It is still very far from being a randomizer. The process involves a lot of manual editing of files, then adding them back to the games ISO via a certain tool. I don't see how this can be randomized at the moment without manually doing changes. This is looking to become something like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Black Mod by legendary Fiend Busa. As in, we will try to come up with enemies in the encounters ourselves and make the changes to create different version of the game.

378God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:46 pm

DoDoboi

DoDoboi
D-Rank

What’s gonna be done with this mod though?

379God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:08 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Change enemies. Make tougher enemies appear earlier, offer combination of difficult enemies. Make their numbers larger, etc. Create an "ultimate" edition of the game. Just not a randomizer. Randomizing the enemies with how the modification process works will take a long time. And you have to do it everytime you want to change the enemies. You basically have to make changes over 300 or even 400 files.

To get a basic idea just look at this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/ninjagaidenmastercollection/mods/37?tab=description

I am heavily inspired by it.

380God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:32 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>customized is the option on offer
>not quite a randomizer with seeds and such
I see.

>300-400 files
Neat.

>inspired by
Explains why Wright brought it up. *full rebalance* Kek  Goes a bit beyond mere randomizer, doesn't it?  I know that air OS on Satyrs isn't staying fucking 0DMG, that's for sure.  Try one-sixth of their HP (be it regular or Hades).  Because GoW1 sensibilities (mixed with GoWIII's rare flashes of reason).  This as just one example that will always standout (followed closely behind by their ground OS *three to kill from full HP is plenty fair as it is just a time waster as is* being a hard mash for little payoff or their OH being so weak *needs to be in the same ballpark as OH).

Not sure it is possible to assign a state for WHEN the OS is even an option at all.  I would NOT allow it on a goat just whenever.  Neutral?  No.  Finding a gap (timing) while messing with higher aggro isn't reasonable.  Two choices would be the fake-out (Plant) or the actual taunt (and if I had my way, the twirling staff here would be a weak attack).  Auto-breakout in other cases (except downed where it just whiffs to kip up in your face *maybe buff this DMG and hit reaction because FUCK YOU if you're not respecting them I'd have the Hades version GB with it, on-hit air recover out of it straight into an attack like their newly GOAT'd throw before trying to OTG your candy ass*).

Definitely wouldn't let ALL their moves stay purely blockable (would start needing to parry or air block some  and maybe be GB even for those in some cases *aside from true grab status instead of attack throw* plus making unlikely to land moves UB to give them some presence/threat as with the ridiculous leaping ground stab *which SHOULD be an OTG that transitions to their attack throw in my book, but I'm not so sure one could easily link the two*).  The meme anti-casual elite would start to be the high tier it deserves to be.  Not just gas (but with a little actual casual for hype behind it).  Seriously, what's the point of all the different flashy moves all doing a bunch of NOTHING that we can shut down with simple turtling and grab spam?  Get that ass out of here.

381God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

@Zimnas

You're insane:

Absolutely bonkers shit. Great job.

One question: why did you delay the kill of Ares' first form? Is that a specific strat for getting more orbs or something?

382God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:29 pm

Zimnas

Zimnas
D-Rank
God of War

I delay it in order to enter the clone war with 200MP. Reaching the "O" breakpoint grants orbs. Appreciate the sentiment.

383God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:23 am

DoDoboi

DoDoboi
D-Rank

I remember exploiting his wander state for MP (I think) last week, never knew that was a thing. This game just KEEPS ON GIVING.

384God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:42 pm

Zimnas

Zimnas
D-Rank
God of War

Best game? You already know it.

385God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:30 am

DoDoboi

DoDoboi
D-Rank

Is anybody gonna tell him? Kira failed because the kid's lacking braincells.
https://youtu.be/20e6YrsccUQ?si=TGPu6SgEnWvuFHtT

386God of War 1 General Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: God of War 1 General Discussion Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:26 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Saw this happening too with God Hand, guy uploads a run, randomly adds "world record" and everybody eats it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum