Birdman
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 16]

401The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:37 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

>how accurate

Yes, because I've been doing this for years. Got it down to a science.

402The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I'm pretty much done with that topic haha

https://stinger.actieforum.com

403The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:54 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Guy on reddit complains about bosses being able to regain health... And then complains about you not being able to knock enemies out of a charging state when they can do it, because it's not consistent?

https://old.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/comments/l9ejo6/whats_your_least_favourite_video_game_boss/glis4t3/

404The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>guy on reddit

Say no more.

And get off that shithole.

405The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Like Gamefaqs, there are good sub-reddits, but you there's always terrible stuff irregardless. Patient-gamer is usually pretty fun as is gaming4gamers iirc.

406The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Next step for me is to stop reading anything negative. There's no point. Waste of valuable time.

There's no way the losers who make these complaint topics don't realize they can find the mechanical info they need easily. They just want to get as many as dumb as them on board so they can feel it isn't their fault. Same with these trash reviewers. There's no way they can't easily research.

Majority of these trolls know the games we speak of have fantastic mechanics. But they hate mechanics and want them and us to disappear.

407The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gotta pick and choose. The Ninja Gaiden sub-reddit is pretty decent place 75% of the time (which is pretty solid imo), just gotta not roll your eyes when you do see something dumb. Not waste your time on it man.

408The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm not. Quite done with all of it. I don't even see the point of picking and choosing anything now. People can come find me if they want to know something from now on.

409The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:39 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Reddit

I've been checking the Mega Man one more frequently... and it's just memes, posts about someone beating one title with literally nothing else (maybe say something to spark some discussion?), drawings, someone doing edits to the sprites, some community polls asking silly stuff, and once in a blue moon you see people talking about the games and how they work. But I'm honestly tired of seeing the same thing over and over, so I will most likely stop visiting it altogether.

>stop reading anything negative

I've come to accept that everywhere I look, there will be at least one topic trash talking KH, so it's just a matter of having enough self-control to correct people (which I know it'll be more and more easier to do as time passes), or just let them live their fantasy that it's a series devoid of any depth. Their loss.

410The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:58 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>as time passes

10+ years and nothing has changed. You look back and realize that it was a complete waste of time you'll never get back.

>Their loss.

Which they'll never see as such.

Focus on creating content, but let people come to you. Those who actually want the truth will seek it out.

Whenever I wanted info on a game all I had to do was type in the name with terms like mechanics, advanced, tech, etc. And I was always lead directly to the authorities.

411The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Those who actually want the truth will seek it out.

Yeah, that makes sense.

412The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> reddit and memes
Once that starts, it won't go away. You have to realize that most come to reddit for quick entertainment while taking a dump and a 'heh' reaction is usually enough for an upvote. Quality posts rarely are. Some subreddits tend to have 'serious' alternatives. Like DMC, which has SSStylish iirc where it's just pure gameplay posts etc.

You have to be your own filter I feel. If you just go to places that align with you you also risk an echochamber effect, which is never good imo. Variety is good.

413The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You can be tired of dealing with shit and not be an echo chamber.

Remember, I'm not talking about simple disagreement. I'm talking lies, spreading false info, trolling for the sake of it, concentrated effort to make certain games fail, toxic fanboys. These 'views' aren't actually valid. They're bullshit. People can have these views, sure, but I'm not going to involve myself anymore. Not a type of variety I'm interested in.

Those who are worthy will seek out true knowledge. I've had a few people contact me after seeing my Chaos Legion or Knack 2 stuff which led to further discussion. Very rare even after all these years. But they were 100% authentic. That's about all I'm interested in now.

The amount of time wasted. Holy shit. I could've been doing countless worthwhile things instead of trying to convince fuckwits on good mechanics. What the fuck was wrong with me?

414The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:54 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>variety

It's not just this kind of 'variety' that I'm not particularly fond of, if I ever want to post in such subreddits, barely anyone would notice gameplay threads or posts, since they tend to be quickly overshadowed by memes and other stuff. Not to mention that more often than not, you're almost never allowed to have an opinion that goes against the general consensus (like claiming that MM2 has been surpassed by most entries and is by no means the absolute best game in the series), or else you get downvoted to oblivion. The only way something like that would work is if someone creates a 'post your controversial opinions' kind of thread.

I have not gone to a KH sub since I'm almost certain that story would also be a part of that community's culture, something I stopped caring about years ago.

415The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:54 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>get off that shithole
An agreeable sentiment. Soft bitches one and all.

>patientgamer
Case in point. Was my demonstration with the GoW kids not enough? I was light on them yet look at that went. Pathetic lot.

>contacted for info
I get that from time to time (when not on the hunt for those that might desire it). Where Birdman is done with the negative (as he derives no pleasure from fucking with them), I feed off and subject scum to it (while waiting for prospects to show themselves in the ocean of piss). My troll background helps with wading through the raw sewage (like being a Horror fan).

NOTE: Much to Roy's disbelief given how I treat so many. Always telling me to ease up. Not interested in being too sweet on these kids. Also, "Reddit" is a proper noun. Don't humor those fucking idiots that can't capitalize properly to save their lives. Their bad habits need not be your own.

>mob rule by morons
And that holds all over the site. The system is designed to work that way.

>only way
HA! HA! You already know yours truly has worked those kids into a frenzy in such places, too. They're thin-skinned among other problems (like being largely baizuo *which suits the masters of the place well*).

>story
Bleh. These casuals are all about extraneous junk food for the mind. There just isn't much value to the place even in the 'best' communities it has to offer. Even those that are meant to be 'good' rely too much on a few contributors to carry their sorry asses. The bulk are still scum (and the scum run the show).

416The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:33 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241160-nioh-2/79294994
Join in on the fun guys, we've got a live one

417The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:22 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

GMG:

>worked into a frenzy

I only remember that one GoW related thread on Reddit, but I don't remember if it was a 'controversial opinions' kind of thread. I think that's the only time I've seen you post anything on Reddit

Roy:

>join the fun
>Nioh

I guess I won't be able to 'contribute' to this one either.

418The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:10 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

*sigh*

>Sekiro comparison
>its so smooth

What does this even mean?

>well designed

It's only badly designed if I don't like/suck at it!

>It is one of the best action games in modern history.

No, that's Knack 2.

>The parry mechanic is amazing

One of the most basic I've ever experienced.

>makes you feel like

That's really all there is to it. These mechanically blind casuals only care about how they feel.

> It is insanely deep as you mentioned - understanding paterns and knowing how to parry

Like every action game?

>The moves feel sloppy ala dark souls - everything in sekiro felt accurate and smooth. In this game I feel like im flailing around.

Lots of feelings.

>Sekiro felt like NGB reborn..

Damn this guy has a lot of feelings.

>how is this fun?

It's almost as if...people like different things and have different ideas of fun. Nah, couldn't be.

>i didnt come here to whine

After nonstop whining.

>OMG you sir win
If you agree.

>they should add another button you have to hit everytime you move 5 feet that pulls up your pants, then it would be SUPER complicated and much more awesome!

Terrified of complex inputs.

>if the game cant teach you or show you how you use its systems, its not the player that is bad.,

No it's that the player is dumb as fuck. And bad.

>It is a beautiful perfect action game

Now he's just saying stuff.

>(not a rhytm game lulz).

Note the insecure 'lulz'.

>Nioh 2 feels

Fuck I hate that word now.

>and wow. the system is so good...not a "rythm" game but def one you have to recognize patterns and know when you block, when tyo mirikiri, when to jump stun...its SO GOOD

So the bare minimum? SO GOOD!

>the back and forth like a real duel

I wonder how many real duels he's been in.

>Meanwhile in Niro its like... hey look at all these damn buttons you can push clunky clunk clunk

Insecurity post.

>forcing you to press all those buttons for no reason when it could have been done in a much more concise and fun way

Yet can't define how.

>And lol at rhyym game. Every game has rhyttm. Things follow scripts.

Getting real scared now.

Any further isn't worth quoting. He's in meltdown mode.

419The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:34 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

He gets super flippant near the end, constantly contradicting himself too. Decided to murder him one last time before calling it a day. Doom Eternal is such a wonderful game for allowing me to immediately tackle them where they stand with the 'weapon switch promotion' that game gives, while high-level play is all about a single weapon-rotation between two guns haha.

420The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You must have been on easy then!

Yeah he's in full meltdown. They get this way when the real mechanical talk comes up. Identical process to the recent KH guy and how many before that. It's like they come off a factory line programmed to say the same shit.

Like I said, got it down to a science.

421The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:01 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Wright: >only recall the one
As you say, you've only had the privilege in that one case (with "patient gamers" *laughable*).

Roy: Show them no mercy.

Dirty Birdy: >feeling
Typical of these types. Bunch of women. No surprise they would also be stooges to the Left (like the useless cunts opposing Eren among AoT/SnK fandom).

>hate that word
As I hate how "fun" tends to get used. Long ago I would slap people for it with this:

NOTE: I hate use of non-words like "lol" (and emotions), as well. Only really care to use them for trolling purposes while changing my character to be another person (just a tactic).

>mechanical talk
When you start speaking over their head in general. Gets like that in even DB discussions if you can believe it. My most recent taste was for AoT (yesterday). Some dipshit was taking a stance against the measures the MC resorted to, so I set him straight (and then he deleted all his posts without parting words). Pathetic.

422The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:40 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>"patient" gamers

Fair point.

>DB discussions

Did you remind the DBG board about the score this year?

>AoT

Worth reading?

---

Also, post #7, #8, #19, #26-#27 and others in this topic are hilarious:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/79305833

423The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I think they are trolls, Souls fanboys or just scrubs who got destroyed on Normal in NGB and now they hate the game.

424The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:58 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Glad to see that the Master Ninja collection's announcements have gotten the "360Y lol" crowd to crawl out of the woodwork.

425The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:05 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

this whole conversation with a guy that refuses to listen about razor's edge's mechanics

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ninja-gaiden-master-collection-sigma-sigma-2-ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-announced-for-switch-xb1-ps4-steam-june-10.380232/page-15#post-59166651

also, the ninja trials on ultimate ninja were absolute hell. never again. i had to use some truly incredibly stupid tactics to beat them.

EDIT: not ultimate ninja. i for some reason got that mixed up with master ninja trials through the entire thread. fuck me. oh god. i cannot imagine soloing the ultimate ninja trials.

426The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>using the platinum trophy as a metric of anything other than how much time one is willing to waste

Priceless.

If you insist on having these arguments, stop posting huge, technical explanations. Doesn't work. They usually skip right over it. Instead post control questions. What, where, why, etc.

Like:
'What are pause strings?'
'How many more were added?'
'What is their effect on UT (or whatever it was you said)
'What is Steel on Bone?'

And just keep doing it. It forces them into a corner where they can only answer directly in front of everyone. Do it like this and it GREATLY exposes their knowledge because it puts the burden of the explanation on them. I've driven people insane with this.

Sometimes they still just keep spewing bullshit like Denny not long ago but that's still a win. The only reason they melt down is because they know they can't answer and is as good as 100% concession.

427The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Guy actually got banned for all that posting it seems. I do remember talking to him before in one of my article-posts on Resetera. He really had a bone to pick with Razor's Edge it seemed and kept echoing the same 360Y talk, had a similar discussion with him back then.

428The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:17 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/262893-persona-5-strikers/79308027#26

Somebody kill me.

Of course I couldn’t list shooters that have amazing combat or 2D games with amazing combat, because those don’t count as action games to most people for some reason.

I also love how the comboshitter wanted to vomit at the thought of Souls. These tryhards literally make me hate even liking action games at all.

429The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I haven't been on Gamefaqs for a bit, the Ninja Gaiden stuff really hurt my head. Reddit is also making my head spin atm, so much.....creative...takes on the genre and series haha

430The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>How about you name all these supposed great action games without combos

>Yes, and the greater the ability to combo a game has is usually a sign of its combat depth.

There has never been anything posted, ever, dumber than this.

>It's why I hated NieR Automata. Each weapon only had 2 f***ing combos

This guy is thicker than pig shit and as mechanically blind as it gets.

Weapon switch and the strings change, pause stings, air strings. Does this trash know weapon switching is a thing? Dash attacks that can be comboed in, pod abilities.

But no don't worry about that each weapon only has two basic strings. Holy shit.

I doubt these combo boyz even know how to combo in DMC. They just watch videos and wish.

Don't bother with these losers. They'll never change.

431The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:30 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Does anyone here still go to the DMC5 board on GFAQS? Popped over there and it seems like it’s still a disaster.

>Reddit
Never ends well.

>never been anything dumber posted
Crazy isn’t it? When you think it can’t get any worse, stuff like this comes around.

>weapon switching is a thing
Only when it’s front and center in a combo mad video. Otherwise not important.

>doubt they know how to combo in DMC
It’s insane how many people hold the entire genre to a certain standard for play styles that they can’t even do, or don’t understand.

432The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>How about you name all these supposed great action games without combos
>Yes, and the greater the ability to combo a game has is usually a sign of its combat depth.

I've seen everything.

>GFAQs

I've mostly logged there just to talk with SBK about some games. If I'm not mistaken I've not gotten in an argument personally ever since February started (good thing that the obsession over hating on KH was a January-only thing, it seems).

>DMC5 board

I see someone brought up the 'character action' label again. Nothing worth checking.

433The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

>Does anyone here still go to the DMC5 board on GFAQS? Popped over there and it seems like it’s still a disaster.

I still pop in once every few days to shitpost with SBK, that's about it.

434The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:23 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>DMC5 board

Looks pretty dead. You've got a few trolls who hate the series and just mess with the fans, and the rest want to talk story or argue over what shade of red Dante's coat is.

And DMC fans are complete losers.

435The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:07 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

That 360 y guy was infuriating

436The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

This is why we need to stop getting involved with these dipshits, they just plug their ears and go “no u”. It reminds me of when I try to talk about advanced stuff in MGS and all I get back is “tranq gun tho, normal mode tho”.

437The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:38 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

What's all this now?: https://itsmorecornflakes.blogspot.com/2019/09/reply-to-raeng-2.html

NOTE: Was looking for the topic where Royboy wanted to go over possible run types with Nu-GoW (for another fellow looking to do such things), but came across this.

>worth reading
I suppose it will depend on the ending.  Give me a month or so.  Almost there.

>REMIND them yet
Not just yet.  Soon to be sure, but I put it on the back burner.

438The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:13 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Holy shit Roy what did you do to the combo kid?

>highlighting concepts like freedom, expression and creativity.
>anybody who wants to be decent at freestyle or combo-making, has to learn things like the use of inertia.

Claims this high creativity/freedom/expression while in the next breath tells you you can't be without doing certain techniques. What?

When I played Lucifer my way trying to ping pong enemies around while trying to catch them out of the air and other cool shit DMC fags told me I was playing wrong. Got abused once or twice. Was even throwing in reversals and guard fly. Not good enough unless you're in the air for ten mins.

>because obviously my time isn't infinite

*looks at essay over a fucking video game*
Could've fooled me.

>Trying to observe tendencies in social groups and analyze them actively is something I constantly do.

He should probably start with the mirror.

>that not a single high level player remains

Not since I left, no.

>create inertial techs, they definitely left them intentionally.

Imagine believing Crapcom would spare a cent to fix anything.

>I don't need to play GoW on Very Hard to see why in its core it's much more simple for anything I could care about.
>I don't need to play...

Classic DMC elitist prick.

>Do you think I really care?

Yes. Very much.

>You start to sound exactly like the 2 guys who did those alt accounts to dislike my videos.

Disagree=alt. Classic.

>(try to) bring other action games to DMC's depth (your definition).

This is what it's all about. That unique terror the DMCer feels when other games might be good *gasp*

>I may lack knowledge about certain nuances in GoW or NG

No shit.
But as we know the DMCer doesn't need to know anything!

>And I will insist that, despite the elements you mentioned, GoW is still not as complex as the most complex areas of DMC in any aspect.
>I may lack knowledge
>and I insist that

Holy shit.

>my friend

Well if HE said so...

>precisely said without even asking him that there isn't anything in NG as complex as DMC4 Dante.

Who the fuck cares? He's really outting himself as the usual elitist trash who believes his special execution game elevates them above others.

>He even did again a joke about having nightmares with ecstasy JC...

Sound like this friend sucks.

>DMC is also much more complex in terms of execution.

There it is again. His real side coming out.

>despite some being clearly inferior to others.

Did his lack of knowledge he insists on reveal that?

Oh and fuck you guys for putting this trash in front of me.

439The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

@GodModeGOD
You mean this one: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/191627-god-of-war/76650253 ?

> cornflakes
Dear lord I'd forgotten about him, yeah he was quite the character. He ended up following me on Twitter taking everything I said as a personal comment directed at him, which led him to some extremely violent outbursts shouting in all-caps. I'd sometimes wake up to 20+ messages on Twitter which was pretty intense haha. Guy was a nutcase. Eventually just blocked him, not worth my time. Later-on I heard he got exiled or something from the DMC scene for some racist(?) remarks.

Now that I think about it, maybe he's the one that sent the deaththreat to my father way back when. Wouldn't surprise me.

440The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah he's a real psycho. You can see it in his essay. He's barely restraining himself. DMCers are like cultists.

Should have recorded his messages so we could mock the piece of shit more.

>death threats

If you get anymore send them my way. I'll provide an address.

441The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:58 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>he bothered to read it
Yes, yes...This pleases me.

442The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 am

RedShot

B-Rank

I've just checked out his site and this piece is hilarious:

https://itsmorecornflakes.blogspot.com/2020/05/the-misunderstood-greatness-of-dmc.html

443The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Give me a month or so

Let me know what you thought of it whenever you finish reading it.

>cereal links

Just when I thought combo people couldn't sink any lower... he sure has time to type long walls of text when he sees someone saying anything mean about combos.

444The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:37 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Usually this thread is for easy agreements but this is twice now where I don't agree with Stinger members. The people you're arguing with are knowledgeable but are coming across in a way that appears to be over socially disagreeable elements or minor semantics issues.

TheFirmament1 wrote:Yes. Razor's Edge was absolutely an evolution of II's combat mechanics in a lot of ways.
Now that things aren't as heated, I don't see RE as an evolution either because I am interpreting the word 'evolution' with a positive connotation (that's probably the source of contention with that user: "Evolution should wow you when you play it. You would feel greatness when it is evolution."). Now from a strictly technical interpretation it is an evolution (IMO, a devolution). But I don't think RE's steel-on-bone mechanic or slide-tackling or QTEs are pleasurable to execute or look at. It doesn't even feel physically enjoyable to hit the buttons in the manner necessary for the game's flow for that stuff, which is how I felt about mashing the A-button to aerial spin-slash with flails in Ninja Gaiden 2.

Birdman wrote:>highlighting concepts like freedom, expression and creativity.
>anybody who wants to be decent at freestyle or combo-making, has to learn things like the use of inertia.

Claims this high creativity/freedom/expression while in the next breath tells you you can't be without doing certain techniques. What?
Not seeing what's so startling here. He thinks inertia is an important basic foundation for a DMC player to utilize in order to be stylish; To have good roots. Like how having good balance is an important part of being a decent gymnast.

>create inertial techs, they definitely left them intentionally.

Imagine believing Crapcom would spare a cent to fix anything.
Talking about what is intentional or unintentional by developers doesn't make sense since the code itself does not allow "intentions"; it is purposely programmed and will result in whatever the 1010's instruct it to. The developer always has claim to a person's "discovery", plus most development staff are aware of vastly different aspects of the game rather than the entire composition. So you'd end up having to ask everyone there, which would be at least 20+ people if they were aware of possibilities.

>I don't need to play GoW on Very Hard to see why in its core it's much more simple for anything I could care about.
>I don't need to play...

Classic DMC elitist prick.
What's the argument? That you have to play a game's hardest mode to critique it? "Core", "anything I could care about", -- These words make sense for a basic determination of enjoyment and a game's system on a single playthrough.

445The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:09 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Not seeing what's so startling here

Who said it was startling?

>He thinks inertia is an important basic foundation for a DMC player to utilize in order to be stylish

Whst he said was:

>to be decent at freestyle or combo-making

You aren't decent if you aren't using the tech they say you have to use? That's the opposite of freedom and expression.

>What's the argument? That you have to play a game's hardest mode to critique it?

To at least have more knowledge before you talk. Just like they do if you say you don't enjoy DMCs combat. They either outright insult you or start asking if you know all this stuff like weapon/style switching, JC, etc.

>These words make sense for a basic determination of enjoyment and a game's system on a single playthrough.

That's not what I disagreed about. I don't have a huge problem with that. He could've just left it at that, but he's arguing GoW's content while admitting a lack of knowledge and 'not caring'. And yet they have a huge list of shit if you said the same of DMC.

446The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

cornflakes wrote:Learning starraving, flying guard, ecstasy JC are . . . some of the techs you should learn if you want to play at high level. Or even just at a decent one.

Birdman wrote:
You aren't decent if you aren't using the tech they say you have to use? That's the opposite of freedom and expression.
Alright. You know this actually seems to be over what you're seeing as a forced personal choice resulting in less playerbase differentiation rather than what I am interpreting as a personal choice of using all options for greater individual expression because those techs serve as the backbone (a strong backbone) for the combat/physics engine for controlling Dante's way of attacking enemies.

To at least have more knowledge before you talk.
The argument appears split on interpretation: it really is over extra knowledge(extraneous, or not essential) for him, and "more knowledge" for you all. This is like The Wonderful 101 argument where someone needs to play the game twice before it "really begins" to give an opinion.

Just like they do if you say you don't enjoy DMCs combat. They either outright insult you or start asking if you know all this stuff like weapon/style switching, JC, etc.
It sounds like people are putting too much faith in thinking that mechanical knowledge will triumph over a simple thing that people have preferences (emotional mechanics or "higher" mechanics - why people prefer certain mechanics over others no matter the range of complexity within). I'd bet it comes down to grappling compared to sword-slashing + gun-firing.

Last edited by vert1 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

447The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:27 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Learning starraving, flying guard, ecstasy JC are . . . some of the techs you should learn if you want to play at high level. Or even just at a decent one.

Not the part I was referring to, but this basically says the same thing.

>Because those techs serve as the backbone (a strong backbone) for the combat/physics engine for controlling Dante's way of attacking enemies. Unless you can argue that playing without using those techs gives you more degrees of freedom and expression then I am not seeing the erroneous thinking on this guy's part.

I'm not saying that.
Obviously more options gives you...more options.
If you want to be considered as good or to have mastered the mechanics then yes, you should be able to do these.

I learned those techniques years ago and barely used them outside of a few instances based on, get this, my own personal expression. I often did stuff that didn't use them because they weren't necessary to what I was trying to do.

So it's not me saying they aren't valid because I got use out of them. But saying that you HAVE to to be considered good or your personal expression be valid is bullshit.

I was told as much. Insulted. Why are you doing that with Lucifer? You should doing *insert whatever the cultist was doing*. Well I'm not you asshole. Pretty simple. Your expression is only valid if they say so.

>I'd bet if he joined he'd mention that grappling is boring compared to sword-slashing + gun-firing in DMC

And I'm sure everyone would be ok with that. I'm ok with it.

>. I don't see GOW in the same league as DMC, either.

My view is they're different. Complex in different areas.

What's hilarious is in that insane essay RedShot posted from him, he goes on to list all these uses and nuances of DMC4 moves. Huge amount of technical shit. All valid. Makes a few good points here and there.

But if you do this very same thing with GoW or other games they scream no. Have you seen the stuff GMG lists? They refuse that using the exact same shit he accuses others of in that essay.

For fuck's sake. I'm supposed to have quit this shit.

448The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:43 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think the biggest note on this is the lack of an open mind. My personal favourite example of this is a user named Alex on gamefaqs. Now let me be the first to say, this guy has his head on straight when it comes to DMC4 and its mechanics. He knows what he likes, he knows how it works and has the gameplay time to show for it. When you talk shop about that game with him, you're in for a treat.

Everything else though and it becomes a nightmare. Every game is trash, uninspired, badly designed or just 'not DMC' with a lot of weird and bad takes on it. NGII is too easy and moves don't have any use for example, is something he'd note.

I then asked him how long he played NGII, his answer? 5 hours.

When confronted with how he'd feel if a guy who spent 5 hours playing DMC4 would say "game is just grabbing lol" he said "that's different, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, I do".

It's that irony that always gets me. They'll put 2000+ hours into a game to dive into it, but after 2 hours drop another game because it doesn't give them the same depth in those 2 hours as that one did in its 2000+. And that's unfair imo. Unless we're talking about Other M of course.

Some other notes:

> evolution

Words are different per user, so that's always a tricky subject. I can't talk for Firma, but as someone who also notes that NG3:RE is an evolution of NGII, I mostly refer to its offensive-focus. NGII is all about offense, but NG3:RE offers more tools in this regard to keep up the pressure i.e. Cicada.

I agree it is a step back in a lot of other ways like 'game feel', mostly due to delimb% being tied to string-count now and more dodge happy foes, but it depends what you focus on.

> That you have to play a game's hardest mode to critique it
It's a start imo. You can give an opinion on a game after 5 minutes, but people are always free to trash you for such a misinformed take since you only took 5 minutes to play it. If you beat it on just the basic setting you've on scratched the surface and are probably very misinformed. You can critique it, sure, but your critique will almost certainly be terrible.

> the misunderstood greatness of DMC

Never saw that one but I immediately recognize that some of those posts he has an image about is from me haha. Ah man he's such a delightful coward too. One thing that I do find hilarious is his constant cherrypicking. A few sentences here, a few words there. Dear god this guy really portrays himself like a madman with a room filled with newspaper clippings (or, in his case, Gamefaqs forum printouts) with wires connecting them.

That said I'm sure 5does and SBK are happy to know that they've triggered a guy so much by proxy of just shitposting.

449The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:59 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I almost spat out my drink reading how he compares DMC4 to learning a language. Holy shit. I've studied Mandarin for years and DMC4 doesnt even touch the basics. Nor does it come close to playing an instrument. My god DMCers are delusional.

The infinite skill ceiling thing is bizarre too. It isn't that hard. I mean yeah it's impressive some of the stuff people do or find out some little trick years later but come on.

I love the listing of tech and possibilities but you aren't allowed to do so with other games. It's suddenly all 'useless'.

>"that's different, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, I do".

Of course.

450The Vent Club - Page 9 Empty Re: The Vent Club Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Skimming through this particular page on this topic suddenly made me want to see what the patient gamers sub has been up to. Look what I found:

http://old.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/comments/lzbih4/the_combat_of_kingdom_hearts_2_final_mix_deserves/

OP says negative stuff about DMC combos. Some people get mad. OP gets downvoted for trying to argue with said people, and is meet with no further replies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum