5does
Shane
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 20]

401Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:28 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

›buggy

Well, I guess I'll have to pass on that one...

402Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

How's the emulation of that game in general? IIRC it emulates quite nicely.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

403Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Haven't looked into it, but outside of Shinobi and KH, I had no luck emulating other games on that PC.

One thing I could do is ask my cousin to look for my PS2, so I can lend all the cables, controllers, etc. to another cousin who only has the console, but is missing everything else. According to him, the console works just fine.

If that doesn't work then I can use that one setup to play games directly from an HDD, and problem solved (unless the compatibility list says otherwise).

404Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:09 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Uh, none of the GoW games came out for PC, right? If so, how is it possible that my cousin owns three GoW games, and each respective box says ''for PC''? Even if they're obviously pirated, how does that even work? I'm almost certain he doesn't need PCSX2 to run them, if anyone is curious. Heck, one of these games is GoW3, and while he claims it runs slowly, I'm certain RPCS3 or whatever it's called won't load any game for him, so I'm pretty sure emulation for that specific game is out of the question.

405Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:05 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Emulation for Chaos Legion worked well for me during the time I tried it. Just make sure to use software mode instead of hardware mode.

And yeah, none of the God of War games came to PC, but the first 2 + the PSP games can be emulated. God of War 3 on RPCS3 has a lot of problems, according to the compatibility website.

406Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:24 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

God of War never release on PC no. It is probably a pre-packaged game. I remember this happening quite a lot when I was in my teens. It is basically the game and emulator combined, we had this a lot with GBA games growing up. It's an exe file that runs everything at once, pretty nifty.

Regarding GoW3, I'd honestly be surprised. Could be a rare clone of the original version or a devkit that was leaked which usually run better on PC than the regular source.

407Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I see. But would it need the same resources as using PCSX2 and an .ISO file?

408Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:27 pm

EmperorWu

D-Rank

Played about an hour of Lords of Shadow 2 before I gave up. The marginal improvements to combat by making your magic types unique movesets don't make up for literally everything else being remarkably worse for no reason.

On a positive note I am enjoying PNO3 quite a bit, I don't know if this is a weird comparison but it almost reminds me of Sekiro as a third-person-shooter, where you have three distinctive defensive moves and the game is based entirely on your ability to memorize what attacks can be dodged best by which moves. I also pre-ordered and cancelled my preorder for that shitty Avengers game because I live for pain and I want to get in on the beta to see how terrible it is.

409Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

PN03 is excellent, such a unique experience, hard to find games like that today with big talent behind it that's basically a budget title. Very intriguing!

LoS2 I've heard mega mixed things about. Apparently its DLC is the best campaign in the series, but I'm not going to suffer through that game just to play a DLC campaign of an hour or so.

410Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 pm

EmperorWu

D-Rank

In the hour I played there was a single boss fight after the cinematic first encounter from the demo, and no other combat. And they added a system where you have to use all of your moves a certain number of times before you can upgrade them. It's so silly.

I just wish PN 03 had softer enemies or let you use auto all the time lmao, mashing A hurts my thumb after a play session. I think if this game came out today as a 20 dollar downloadable it would have been much better received, they definitely try to pad it out with stuff like the trials when I would be satisfied with a nice short campaign, but that's a pretty mild complaint in the scope of things

411Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:20 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I love those trials.

Later you'll get auto suits.

You might like the Japanese version better. Lower upgrade cost and less trials. Less and weaker enemies.

412Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:52 pm

EmperorWu

D-Rank

Cutting down on the grind would be nice but I want more enemies, not less to put more interesting patterns into the mix. Maybe I'll try to mod the Western release with a CE table or something study

413Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I've kind of grown to understand the need for not having "auto" immediately, it forces players to pace their shots better and not just hammer away, which I think is a nice touch. A lot of Shmup's have the same idea behind it IIRC.

Will you be attempting a Papillon run?

414Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:32 pm

EmperorWu

D-Rank

Unlikely. I didn't understand how the Trials worked and assumed there would be mission select, so I missed a few and would have to replay it in full to get it, and I got a lot on my plate

415Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:47 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Birdman, are there any differences between the US and JP versions of Chaos Legion? I got mildly curious about this when I asked you about the PS2 vs PC versions a few days ago, but now I am highly curious, since I'm one step closer to getting a PS2.

416Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:16 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yes. Huge differences.

Basically, the Japanese version is easier, but feels better balanced especially in regards to rankings.

Japanese version has:

*Less enemies spawn in when there are waves.
*Less enemies in general.
*Enemies have less attack, defense and health.
*There are no metal zombie soldiers (these were added to the English releases).
*Ranking requirements are different.
*Exp required to level up legions is far less.
*Bosses have less health.

In the English releases there are two stages where you can't get the best rank. Seems they never tested the changes or at least did not test thoroughly.

417Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I see. From the looks of it, I think I want to give both versions a try. Which one would you recommend to start with?

418Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:02 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Don't know. I don't think it matters.

People have complained that it takes too long to fully level up legions in the Eng versions so get JP if you want to avoid that.

Hard mode Eng would be the hardest difficulty.

419Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:09 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

^ Got it. Thanks.

This is minor, but I assume that there is no English patch for the JP version, right?

420Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Patch? Are you talking about the PC version?

I have no idea about that version other than I believe it's based on the western release.

The menus are mostly English in the JP version but not the descriptions of what each Legion upgrade does. You can easily solve that by reading an upgrade guide though. There's one on Gamefaqs.

421Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:56 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I meant a patch meant to install onto an .ISO file. I did so with KH2FM, even though the game is almost all Japanese (except for the voices, and only for the PS2 version), I could play it in Spanish thanks to a patch.

The problem with GameFAQs is that right now I'm relying on my 3DS to post most stuff, I have no problem with Stinger since I assume it's not as heavy as GFAQs, but when going into a topic that has more than 5 posts per page, the site goes all gray and I have to reload it again, unless I'm lucky and manage to hit the ''post message'' button before such a thing happens. I was forced to change my settings from 50 posts to 10, but that fixed nothing. Same thing happens with some guides.

422Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Sorry, no idea about patches.

423Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:24 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

It's alright, I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info.

424Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

If your patch is in .ppf format, try this: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/

425Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Here's a fun gaming adventure I had yesterday.

My friend from work messaged me that she couldn't beat Thunderblight Ganon in BOTW. Me and my wife went to meet her for lunch and she hands me the Switch and asks me to do it.

Was pretty easy. I've only ever played it once and that was 10 mins or so at the very start that time my half brother's half brother brought it over.

It controls basically like any action game. Did perfect dodges when he dashed in. I had a little trouble with that magnet thing. Hate shit like that. Also had difficulty just holding the damn thing. Was still able to beat him first try but it wasn't a hard fight at all.

I was thinking of getting this game one day but it felt horrible to play. Might skip it.

426Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I only played BOTW once at a friend's house, it seemed really fun but after one session I also felt I had seen it all. It was a big open world and I liked the climbing, but also wasn't really my thing. Combat was pretty wack, though I liked how creative you could get with it. I remember when Kamiya was posting all sorts of wacky setups in that game on his Twitter - good fun.

427Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 am

Khayyaam

Khayyaam
D-Rank
Veteran

I personally absolutely loved Breath of The Wild, but not because of combat or climbing. At it's core Zelda's a puzzle game and Breath of The Wild is in my opinion the only 3D Zelda game to deliver on puzzles as fun as what the 2D Zeldas have been able to do since SNES. Other than that I loved the challenge of reaching the final boss and defeating him before even doing anything else in the game.

Combat's basic, has an unnecessary witch time, enemy design is shockingly disappointing for a zelda game... I don't count it against it though. I don't exactly play Zelda for the combat. If anything the fact that it's so basic drives me and many others to find many other fun ways to defeat enemies. And every time a Zelda game tries developing the combat, it gets split opinions for some reason or other (Zelda 2, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.)

428Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Interesting take about the puzzles, I've heard good things about that element as well. I do feel Skyward Sword's time-travel puzzles were the best the series has had up until now in terms of 3d puzzles. Really just blew me away.

429Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:38 pm

Khayyaam

Khayyaam
D-Rank
Veteran

Oh yeah, the stones that made a sphere that took place in the past... those were really good puzzles, yes! That's part of why I enjoyed Skyward Sword more than other Zelda games haha.

Personally I feel like Skyward Sword and Zelda 2 are the only games in the series that can be treated as an action game (yes, that's including Hyrule Warriors. Warriors series are Strategy games in disguise). Especially liked Hero Mode and how it lacked hearts. It's wonderful! Unfortunately motion controls don't jive well with people. I'd like a remake that recreates the combat without motion controls. I played a pre-release demo of Breath of The Wild once, and I swear it let you use the control stick to decide which direction to slash in, but that was removed in the final game (probably since the enemy design doesn't necessitate such a mechanic). I think it'd be a great way to emulate what makes Skyward Sword's combat more fun than the rest of the series.

430Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:34 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

The combat can engage very differently depending on your character build and frame of mind. I'm doing a glass-cannon build so the world is always threatening; it completely changes the tone of fights, such as the blight bosses, when you can't tank hits. Also, it makes Lizalfos running speed moving towards Link more frightening. The summoning of ice blocks is special; maybe you all remember talking about Bullet Witch -- that wall-shieldin' action is here too!

I really dig the world-scouring ability: the amount of momentum you can build up from shield-surfing, the resistance of gripping and releasing hill sides when trying to finagle saving stamina by running up certain steep parts, the gliding -- all this is plays well into a movement system accessing a similar sense of immediacy typically seen in Mario platformers and doing so without trivializing verticality (i.e. instant ability of hitting the "ceiling" in super hero games like Spider-Man and Batman). Unless your friend(s) showed off everything and/or you guys are spoiling the game watching YouTube videos, you have not witnessed several major moments that "properly" unveil the game's depth / mechanics (remember how darkness and rain was introduced in Resident Evil 4 and what else accompanied that scenery change -- BOTW has a moment like that).

Combat-wise, I agree the series oscillates on what it strengths are. A lot of BOTW's action is based more on amusement for me than performance.

431Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:30 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Been looking into this weird recent TF game.

It goes over basic mechanics at some point.
Most notable points is there are knockback mechanics. Seems certain moves cause this. They can collide with walls and stuff.

Explosive objects are also present like cars. Could be possible to knockback into them.

Other than that it seems very basic. There are no builds and I don't think there's equipment. Could be wrong about that but I haven't seen anything in the videos I've watched.

There are status effects but I've only heard them mentioned.

One weird thing said is there's no accuracy rating. Every attack will hit.

Will do some more research. Doesn't seem like a game I'd want to pay full price for. It's based on that terrible cartoon with the awful designs.

432Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ma4vzkonx9w2aw/Photo%20Dec%2014%2C%208%2055%2030%20AM.png?dl=0

I did another one of these. They’re actually a lot of fun even though my opinions change almost every hour. My top tier is pretty much set in stone though. Wonder how many games we’ll get in the future that can even be added to one of these lists.

433Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Nice tier list. I think I'll probably do my own but still got a bunch of games I need to play first. I'd imagine my opinions could change quite often, too.

I enjoyed seeing Urban Reign rank quite favourably! I think I need to give that another playthrough soon. But, then my backlog goes unplayed for even longer...

434Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

No harm in making one now for fun, and then another one later once you’re more familiar with other games. I say just have at it.

>Urban Reign
Great game, was one of my favorite finds back when I played it. Was really confused as to why nobody talked about the game and why it had no recognition in action circles. Fantastic combat system.

>backlog
For me personally, I just tackle the backlog at my own pace. I never get good results from forcing myself to play a game, I just play what I want, when I want. Although now is a good time for a backlog, since not much interesting is being released anytime soon...

435Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:11 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good list! Some surprises for me I must admit. To see MGS4 so high, and Black and NGII so low takes me aback. All whilte DMCV is that high with MGSV and TEWII (I really thought you hated that one especially haha). Curious why Batman is so insanely low.

> hasn't played Onimusha and Force Unleashed
I'd say me playing ZoE2 means you owe me a favour right...? Razz Then again, stick to working to get NGII at the top.

436Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I’m sure NG2 will be higher when all is said and done. Really amazed at how many useful attacks there are, and just how satisfying core combat is. I just feel weird putting it with games I’ve played to death, you know? But I definitely see why it’s regarded so highly, phenomenal weapons and enemies.

>MGS4
I adore the core gameplay, Acts 1&2 are amazing but it’s dragged down by horrendous pacing and how much time is spent skipping(or not skipping...)cutscenes.

>hate TEW2
Not at all, I just think the first game is an unrivaled masterpiece so I’m hard on the sequel Very Happy  it’s one of my most played games.

>Batman
Granted, it’s been a long time since I’ve played it, but I remember hating every second of it. Couldn’t really tell you why to be honest.

>force unleashed and onimusha
FU is in my backlog, towards the top. Genma is the only Onimusha I’ve played a lot of and I love it. Hopefully I’ll get to the sequels at some point.

437Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What site is that? I found one but it doesn't have half those options.

438Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

^ I'd recognize that tierlist anywhere (notice how Wind Waker is reversed?)

Here:

https://tiermaker.com/create/general-action-games--267364

439Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Chatting about games - Page 9 My-ima11

440Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:18 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Pretty good list. I've got to say that I was never interested in trying Dragon's Dogma, but the spot it has on that list got me curious.

Oh, and Infinity:

>My top tier is pretty much set in stone though.
>KH2

Glad to see you think highly of that game. I noticed that you put the Final Mix versions of 1 and 2 on the 'haven't played' ''tier'', but I'm certain you played 2FM at the very least.

I've got some things to say about your list:

-What are your thoughts about RE5 and RE6? I've seen many people say they're a major step down from RE4, but you rated them quite favorably.
-You never played Sons of Liberty or Subsistence? That's pretty surprising.
-Does the SNES version of Doom have any differences with the PC version? I'm interested to give it a try, but not sure which version I should play.

441Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:31 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Dragon's Dogma

Let me know if you want any info.

Didn't want to list what I didn't like or haven't played. Don't see the point in trashing other games. Should've left out Darksiders aside from the first.

442Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm surprised to see ZoE2 that low, always thought you'd rank it higher. That said, great list as noted. I always enjoy how positive you are in that regard.

> DOOM
Currently the best version to play, outside of mods, is the Switch/PS4/X1 version that's also on PC. It runs the best 'out of the box' for sure and even has some of the fan-mappacks. The SNES version was a good port for its time but surpased at this point. If you want to play an older port the Playstation 1 version is king.

> MGS2
It's on the list, in the top tier in fact.

> RE5 and 6
Can't speak for Infinity, but RE5 is co-op valhalla. A ton of fun to play with a friend, especially through couch-coop. RE6 is the same, but is basically Vanquish in the RE universe with some weird unique mechanics. Fun games. But totally opposite of what the series should be.

443Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>ZoE2

That list is also going by how long I played a game and how much I go back to it. I haven't put anywhere near the same amount of time into ZoE2 as those others and never had a strong urge to go back to it.

444Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:14 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

The original Doom is also a part of the 2 special editions of the original Doom and Doom 2. Has anyone ever played a game with one hand? I'm only asking because I recently had surgery.

445Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I would've added Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2 as top tier if they were there.

446Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:09 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I have in the past, after an accident for a awhile. I found RPGs to be really fun, I played a lot of FFX, Golden Sun, Pokemon etc. at that time. A card game would also work, like Hearthstone or Gwent!

447Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:50 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>Force Unleashed
Even more than with Dead Space, I can help with this title (as my old notes and work with SBK should be preserved, still). SWFU1, anyway. I don't have much respect for SWFU2. Just did testing for the demo, quick playthrough of the game and that's it. Gent did more work with the sequel. With the original, I did many runs (Pacifist, Force ONLY, No Force, NUR+, PAIN+, etc.), lots of testing and so on. Assisted Findlestick as best I could in the glitching department (with what I knew *left him my tools so he could do his thing with expanding on the sequence breaking options and show what a speedrun for it could be*).

448Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:50 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Forgive me Bird, I see Knack somehow ended up on my list even though I haven’t played it. Some orher things also ended up in the wrong spaces.

>DD top tier
This ones been in my backlog for ages. I’ll probably bug you when I get around to it.

@Phoenix

>think highly of KH2
I was absolutely blown away when I finally dug into it. Absolutely phenomenal combat depth and use of RPG elements, not to mention how damn good of a toolkit it has. Great bosses as well.

>mixing up FM and vanilla versions
D’oh.

>thoughts on RE5/6
RE5 carries a lot of the core mechanics from 4, including the hit reactions/zones, melees, weapon properties, etc, and has some new toys to play with(not all of them are great). I put it lower due to the constant AI partner potentially taking resources or needing babysat, somewhat worse pacing, and inferior bosses. If you love RE4 combat though it’s pretty lovely, and as Roy noted, the co-op is an absolute joy. 6 takes a different turn with the mechanics, guns are somewhat de-emphasized to focus more on melee/mobility and while some things are whack(the shotguns got nerfed into oblivion) it’s also a blast and is honestly very unique. The pacing and “oh god this part...” segments drag it down though.

>never played sons of liberty
Oh I have, about a million times, I just threw it there with never played so it wouldn’t hog two spots. I think I may have goofed on a few things, as I noted.

@GMG

Noted. Is there a preferred version to play? Is the hardest difficulty available from the start?

449Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Force Unleashed: I'd say start low. For one, it's probably the best Star Wars story you'll experience from now and onwards, so best to enjoy it. That aside, the highest difficulty does not fuck around imo, really gave me a lot of trouble. Better to familiarize yourself with the mechanics early on. It's really really really a unique grappling game with a big emphasis on meter-management.

450Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>grappling game
>big on meter management

Sold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum