You are not connected. Please login or register

The Evil Within 2

+2
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Birdman
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

51The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Did you see the full leaked gameplay?

52The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:17 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Not yet dood, give it a week or two. I'm not really hunting for it but if you find one then you might as well put it here if you want, no rush really.

53The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:25 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The full leaked gameplay was around 30 minutes correct? The one I saw was in the village and ended with the little girl he had to save and the ... twist around it.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

54The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah it was roughly 30 mins.

55The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:52 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Here it is again.

56The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Good stuff cheers.

57The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Damn that gets deleted fast.

There are tons more people uploading it now though. A quick search and you'll find it again.

Did you see all of it? What do you think?

58The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I saw it, it was mostly the gameplay I saw already but not in chunks. It's all pretty much what I expected, still don't really have much to say beyond basic observation.It's all very iterative which is fine as it looks competent, it is a sequel after all. It's not much gameplay to go on and it's the intro section before the gem proper so I can't say anything substantial.

59The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Notice we didn't see any use of matches? Not even a pick up. Maybe they've been removed?

What do you think of field crafting?

60The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:15 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

@birdman; I don't have much of an opinion of it yet I'm going to wait until it's out to tell. I can't really make much of an assessment on it with the little footage we have. I don't want to make observations it's easier for me to wait. It was only the intro sequence and it didn't get into the game enough to tell whats in it and how it works proper.

61The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

New demo gameplay with commentary and new content. Look amazing.

62The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

It looks solid, I'm still gonna just wait for more it's still not much. I think I would be more excited or impressed if re4,dead space etc exist already, EW2 being another shot at an established formula. I do look forward to it you'll have to excuse my cynicism a bit haha.

63The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:11 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

64The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I don't know about the hub area. It might lead to less focused level design and enemy encounters. I don't get the same sense of progress from a stationary map, maybe it will have multiple hubs or the hub changes as you progress. That said that trailer looks good, they are really going all in with EW2, it looks much more polished and seems to have much more enemy types. I am looking forward to it glad it's out soon.

65The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:07 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Every trailer I watch I just keep thinking "this probably isn't what the final game is like". They frame it so insanely action-y and storydriven, while the game itself is probably a bit different than that. Hope that doesn't bite them in the ass.

66The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:44 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Horror stuff doesn't preview accurately for trailers typically. I'm concerned about the overall structure with the hub area, might get tiring being in the same base area and sneaking about or running to avoid foes. I'll just wait for full game gameplay so I can see as much as I need to judge it.
The enemy variety seems to have increased ten fold, I can see all sorts in the above trailer. It's looking to have forced linear encounters so it's not all gonna be hub.

67The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

New gameplay. I havent watched it yet because Im outside walking around.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gbMrwhaaaxw&t=219s

68The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Keep on walking. That camera monster looks cool.

69The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just watched it. Damn that freaked me out.

70The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:13 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

That's a cool creature, like a Silent hill monster, which is quite the compliment.

71The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Thing really looks like some sort of invasion-phantom from Dark Souls almost with that red glow. Gameplay looks really smooth, really curious to see how it plays out!

72The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Just wanted to say how silly the "who is your seb?" line is, like he's a create a character or build-a-bear workshop plushy...or a furby.

73The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Did the original voice-actor actually ever go on record why he was re-cast? He quite grew on me!

74The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

No clue, I didn't care much for the voices but he did have some odd charm I can't deny that haha. I guess they changed them since they wanted a better narrative and the cast didn't do a good enough job last time, they seem to be pushing the story a lot this time. Or more likely the actors for seb and kidman are famous American actors so they would cost much more than VA. Except for joseph since it's yuri lowenthal a VA trooper by now(guy shows up in everything and I love it).

75The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

We're closing in on release. About two weeks to go. Im freaking out.

76The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Booh...don't drive yourself to death.

77The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:01 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I'm digging the aesthetic so far, it's much more vivid than EW1, which looked like arse with about 50 filters thrown on top to hide it. Graphics are clean too, character models, effects and environments all look detailed and animate well. I hope it runs well, at least solid 30, it's engine is a modified idtech6 I read, so that's a well optimised engine going by doom4.
Man EW1 is so rough, i imagine it being made for both 7/8th gen systems along with PC clearly drained a lot of resources.

78The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

1st of October boyz! I'm freaking out!

79The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Full playthrough. I've skipped through a few parts but don't want to spoil anymore.

A few things I noticed are new enemy types, running while healing, dash is WAY longer, lots of menu navigation and saw something called red gel, and a shooting mini-game similar the one in RE4 with its own ranks, but it's shooting colored squares that drop down or something. Don't know what the rules are but looks cool.

80The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just installed and about to start a new game. I'll update this topic with anything interesting.

For now I can tell you the 3 starting difficulties are casual, survival, and nightmare.

Nightmare - For those who enjoy a challenge, and for experienced Survival Horror players. Resources are limited, and enemies hit much harder. Careful item management and strategic play are an absolute to survive.

*You can shoot while crouching.

*I've killed the first two enemies, scripted to appear in this house. I got headshots on both and those white worms came out. Second headshot killed them.

*You can hide in foliage just like in the Assassin's Creed games.

*Enemy range after spotting you seems extremely limited. I was able to run away and duck into a bush with no issue.

*Nightmare damage isn't one hit kill, at least not for the regular enemies. I got grabbed which took my life down to nothing, unable to survive a second hit.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

81The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Have fun today man! I heard something about one difficulty adding extreme limits, curious to hear your response! Let us know how you like it! What are you playing on? PS4?

82The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah PS4.

I'm playing on Nightmare first, so I can't say how limited the resources are compared to lower difficulties. Damage is pretty much two hit kills from regular 'zombies'. Haven't fought anything else yet.

Stealth kills are the same and as we know, bottles can be collected. I have three on me right now.

83The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just messing around with the workbench now. You have the option of crafting and weapon upgrades.

Seems pretty simple. What I'm looking at here is handgun bullets. 1 bullet requires 3x gunpower. I have 14 at the moment so I can get 4 bullets out of it. You can also make syringes.

Weapon upgrades looks largely the same as EW1 except it seems weapons parts are required instead of gel. You have normal and high grade parts. Looks like high grade parts are required to fully upgrade.

Looks like green gel is for upgrading Sebastian's abilities but I haven't reached that point yet.

Edit - haha it was the next room.

Really interesting stuff here. There are skill trees now.

Athleticism tree has stamina for your dash, and a recovery speed increase, but most notable is Reflexes which states, "Gives a chance to avoid an attack that would have damaged you. Certain attacks cannot be evaded this way."

There's a second level to increase probability. So looks like it's just a random chance that Seb will avoid an attack.

Recovery tree has recover more health per use, faster recovery when near death, and Second Chance, another interesting one that reads, "Automatically use a Medical Syringe when taking fatal damage. Does not work when taking fatal damage from certain attacks."

Health is pretty standard, but has one skill that basically leaves you with a sliver of health if an attack would have killed you but it's worded strangely. It says "If an attack would have just barely done enough damage to kill you, you'll grit your teeth and bear it, remaining alive with a small amount of health."

I'm confused as to how this is much different from fatal damage?

Stealth has bottle break, that as we already know, lets us escape a grab, though it says it does not work against certain attacks. I assume grabs from the bosses.

Low Profile reduces noise from footsteps.
Ambush lets you stealth kill from around corners while in cover.
Prowler increases crouch walking speed.
Predator reads, "Special ability which allows you to quickly close on an enemy for a chance to sneak kill them". I'm guessing some kind of dash towards them?

Combat has quite a few cool sounding options.

Steady Hands reduces reticle sway.
Synaptic Focus slows down time while aiming. It consumes stamina but you can activate and end it when you want.
Brawler makes melee stronger.
Push Kick lets you kick a stunned enemy away from you.
Firing Stance reduces kickback.
Bullet Cascade does increased damage with consecutive shots. This one is on a timer.

Synaptic Focus sounds just like what you have in Horizon. Push Kick sounds like RE4 melee.

Edit: Damage isn't as high as I thought. Must have been that one guy. Got hit by another outside and it did just half my life.

If you guys have any specific questions just ask. I dont want to spoil anything.

84The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:23 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Synaptic Focus almost sounds like bullet-time. Also the game looks damned good. Really itching to try it, but waiting a bit before buying (patches, pricedrop, dlc etc.).

Few questions:
* how 'open' is it?
* how does the combat feel? Is it more fluid like Dead Space or more archeic like RE4/EW1?
* how freaky is it?
* is the knife a solid option?
* how's the new Voice Actor?
* does pushkick deal damage?
* CAN WE SUPLEX?????? hahah joke joke
* Does it feel more like the DLC or is it really EW2? Or a mixture?

85The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:45 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I've watched a full playthrough just now but haven't studied it. I've seen it has a few mob types, about 3 main ones. Bosses seem good but i have a gripe about one of them so I'll have to play for myself. It looks pretty good, I've noted how they've changed a lot it's barely like EW1, lack of match mechanic is noticeable but I don't have an issue with that.

The general movement and gunplay looks much faster and fluid, akin to re revelations 2 which even had stealth, melee and crafting just like EW2(throwable bottles also) rather than re4/dead space. The changes are like how dead space 1 has slower movement and melee than dead space 2.

Mob types?

Melee?

Guns and crossbow uses/bolts?

Hub design and level progression?

86The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

1 - So far I'm in an open town area but you can easily reach it's limits. It's a big single area, but really not THAT big. So far I have been warped to another area, a bunker, by accessing a computer in a random house basement. That bunker is linear like EW1. I found the shotgun down there and a door that can only be opened by frying it with shock bolts, so there's reason to revisit areas. I haven't explored all of the map yet but it looks about as open as the TR reboots. You could easily compare the bunker I just went through to one of those optional tombs, though no puzzle solving (well, not that I know of. Could be some later), just some enemies and a door panel you have to mess with. Or, something like Silent Hill.

2 - Hmm. It's more fluid that EW1 for sure. The aim isn't so shaky and the screen doesn't jolt when you run. Running seems better. You can dash 11 seconds from the start, and turning seems better. Not like RE4, more like a refined EW1. I'd say it would be equal to Dead Space 1 or 2, but I can't remember how those feel.

3 - I'm the wrong person to ask. It freaks me out but a lot of stuff does that I've read has no effect on a majority of others. To me it feels like an abandoned town with possible horrors around every corner.

4 - It might be. You just have one quick swipe, and with the regulars, it stuns but they still do that counter like in EW 1. I got this guy in a loop but then he just grabbed out of nowhere. I don't know how they did they takedown in that early demo video.  

5 - He sounds tougher and younger than EW1 Seb. I have no issue with the voices but I rarely focus on them.

6 - I haven't unlocked it yet. Still really early in the game. Just got the crossbow though.

7 - haha I'm all for it.

8 - It doesn't feel like the DLC to me. I'm focusing on stealth though to save resources.

I tell you, these enemies, and this is nightmare mode, have no aggro range and I'm sure they're blind. They give up almost immediately and run back to their positions after a cursory glance over where they MIGHT have last seen you. The fact you can run into bushes and become invisible helps too. They have really toned down the difficulty from what I'm seeing.

You can shoot from corner cover now too.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

87The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

There's full walkthroughs on YT, or at least there was yesterday. It's out now so no reason for them to be taken down.

88The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:01 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

The melee takedown is likely the predator upgrade or a melee upgrade, likely only works on stunned mobs.

89The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ok just did it but not sure why it happened. It was the final blow, so maybe it's just a finisher?

You can turn on fire hydrants to create a pool, then lure enemies into it and fry them with a shock bolt. When they drop you can do a stomp finisher.

Just got smoke bolts. The description confirms they are the same as flash bolts. Used to sneak kill or get away.

Edit: Done a bit of exploring and side activities. Came across two new monster types.

90The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:25 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've learned the kick, but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, however, I'm not sure it will be very useful. I'm basing it on the description, but who knows?

It's not an attack you can just do any time. It states you need to stun the enemy first, then you'll get a button prompt for the kick, but it doesn't specify the stun state. It doesn't work with a knife attack, which is why I don't think it will be useful.

Also, if you're sprinting, you'll automatically kick doors open.

Just got to chapter 7.

91The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Union is broken up due to the breaking down of Stem. If you look into the sky you can see pieces with buildings and stuff. These, or at least some of them, are actually locations.

You gain access through the story, and you have to go through some linear, areas to reach them. Mobius have an area called The Marrow which as I understood it, is a section separate to Union, in the form of interconnected hallways and rooms which come out at different spots around Union. Of course, due to the break down, these are all infested with horrors.

I'm now in another of Union broken off from the main one. It's almost the same size as the first one. Not gigantic, but a decent space.

Just realized the smoke bomb stealth kill is an upgrade locked behind high grade weapon parts. Shit. I've been using smoke and not getting why I couldn't stealth kill them.

Edit: It explained why some people have super powers in Stem.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

92The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Yeh but does it have techknacks doh?

93The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:04 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

haha doesn't seem like it. I'll probably start looking for strats on my second playthrough.

The Stefano fight was interesting as he is a human with super powers, but in the end he was easy to deal with. Did die a few times getting used to his moves though.

94The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:16 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Yeh Stefano looked cool but not as creative as it could have been, I do love the tentacle eye stuff that's cool. Wonder if higher modes change enemy patterns.

Oh and what did you think of the goopy wiggly white worm/watcher boss? It looks cool but it's a lame boss as it's easy to kill, stealth and just flat out run away from, a waste of such a cool design. it's stationary in a tiny room, it should have been a proper boss fight with some unique attacks and a trick to beat it or two. Like have it be fought in a large multi roomed area where it can spawn from large fixed white goop locations, have it have an instant kill grab, maybe have the grab initiate a qte where you shoot it to escape the grab, the further you are the more time you have to escape the grab, but have the grab be insta kill at critical life. I'm thinking it could have been like IT/U3 re4 boss.

95The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah I saw that white thing. It was a quick stealth encounter and like you said, but I've since seen it again in a cut-scene and know I'll have to face it in a real fight eventually.

I've done the push kick once, and...I don't see the point. He just kicks them and they go rolling a decent distance away. The description says it just 'gets them away from you' or something. The enemy didn't die. Maybe you can kick enemies into others? But even if that's true, seems way to specific to really be worth setting up.

Oh, and you can blow off enemy arms but they soon regenerate.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

96The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:14 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Does the kick do damage? Iframes? If it knocks them down you might be able to ground execute them, seb has a stomp move so it might be a set up kick. How do you stun mobs? Can you execute stunned mobs? Maybe if they are stunned you can execute them from behind.

97The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I have none of these answers really.

Doesn't seem like the kick does damage, it just knocks them down and they go rolling away.

Even if you can ground execute them, it doesn't really make sense seeing as the move is designed to create space. If I run after them to stomp I probably shouldn't have kicked them.

I think you can still stun from leg shots, and shotgun blasts that didn't connect properly but so far I'm seeing that same inconsistency as in EW1. Once I've completed the game I'll look more into the mechanics of stuff like this.

I found a glitch that lets you run inside places where you need to crouch walk but not sure on the exact rules to it yet.

Edit: There are unlockable costumes, weapons, and Classic mode.

Note from Tango
“Classic is a twist on the difficulty of the game. Gameplay-wise it’s the same as Nightmare, however…

There are no autosaves. Die and you will be returned to the title screen.
There are a limited amount of saves. You can only save your game 7 times throughout the entire game, so you’ll need to plot your course and only save when essential.
Sebastian will be unable to upgrade his weapons or himself. You’ll have to make it all the way to the end of the game with Sebastian’s base parameters and effectively use every weapon and item in his arsenal to survive until the very end.

This one much worst than Akumu difficulty.

I probably won't touch this mode. Limited saves is BS unless the game is super short. I'm not actually sure how long it would take not exploring or doing sidequests but I imagine a few hours. Not everyone has time to play a game with a limit like this. Ugh and this game has quite a few forced walking scenes.

It isn't even difficulty, it's just annoying. I also heard you get unlimited ammo for beating it.

It's essentially a no upgrade game, and doesn't say what level of difficulty the actual game will be based on.

98The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:10 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

It seems redundant as one can do a NUR if they have the resolve, I'd prefer a akumu mode instead if it's not in it yet, they might add it for patches/dlc. Classic is stated to be similar to nightmare, odd they chickened out of akumu which was a bold move first time around.

So could you elaborate on enemies regenerating limbs? Do they stop to regenerate with white worm things sprouting out of their stumps?

99The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not from the arms that I've noticed. They keep coming at you and the arm grows back while they're doing so.

100The Evil Within 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Evil Within 2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:52 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Wonder how different bolts effect that. I've read all limbs can be blown off, wonder if that is for other similar mobs too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum