You are not connected. Please login or register

Resident Evil 2

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resident Evil 2 Empty Resident Evil 2 Wed May 06, 2020 8:42 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Another RE, another topic. I think it's better to not mix up this game with its remake, from what I understand they are too different. So, I've just finished Claire B after Leon A and I really like it. I'm playing the PC version which should have all extras (Tofu, Hunk, Extreme Battle Mode and Hard Mode). There are a lot more enemies here than in REmake but I was always full of resources with Leon and Claire. I died twice in both runs and in Claire B I didn't use a single spray. I hope hard difficulty is more similar to REmake or only challenge runs would be interesting.

2Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 pm

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

I'm not familiar with the PC version. Did you have all the special weapons unlocked from the start?

Also, Claire A + Leon B is actually the canon playthrough, and, in my opinion, the more interesting one of the two. Might be worth replaying it on Hard just to see everything!

Last edited by KSubzero1000 on Wed May 06, 2020 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

KSubzero1000 wrote:I'm not familiar with the PC version. Did you have all the special weapons unlocked from the start?

No, that is Arrange Mode. I played Original Mode, Normal difficulty.

4Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 pm

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

RedShot wrote:I played Original Mode, Normal difficulty.

Ah, okay.

Yeah, RE2 is on the easy side. It goes in a more action direction than the first one and is a lot more generous with ammo and healing items.

Like I said in my edit above, a Claire A + Leon B Hard playthrough might be worth considering. The game is relatively short and the higher difficulty would probably make for a more enjoyable experience.

Of all the classic games in the series, Zero is probably the closest to REmake in terms of overall structure and difficulty. The PS1 games are a bit easier, overall.

5Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Wed May 06, 2020 11:22 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

KSubzero1000 wrote:Ah, okay.

Yeah, RE2 is on the easy side. It goes in a more action direction than the first one and is a lot more generous with ammo and healing items.

Like I said in my edit above, a Claire A + Leon B Hard playthrough might be worth considering. The game is relatively short and the higher difficulty would probably make for a more enjoyable experience.

Of all the classic games in the series, Zero is probably the closest to REmake in terms of overall structure and difficulty. The PS1 games are a bit easier, overall.

Okay, I got it. Thanks. I'll replay it to unlock everything. Have you played the extra modes?

6Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Thu May 07, 2020 12:40 am

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

RedShot wrote:Have you played the extra modes?

Yes, of course! :)

The 4th Survivor is a bite-sized gem of distilled classic RE speedrun gameplay. Your objective is to run through a short-ish succession of locations from the main game to arrive at the pre-determined goal with a limited inventory. The cool thing about it is that every single room / enemy layout has been carefully designed to potentially be run through without taking any damage or wasting any bullet if you figure out the ideal route. Not a standalone all-time classic like Mercs, but really rewarding if you get into it. If you only have time or the interest to play one, it should be this one.

Tofu is basically a joke version of The 4th Survivor. Everything is the same except you're playing as a big block of Tofu instead of HUNK. Super high HP, knife-only. Dodging is fun!

Extreme Battle is a more bloated and less precise take on a similar concept. You have to traverse the entire game area starting from the lab, fight enemies and collect specific key items in the process. Basically a giant gauntlet with different characters and difficulty levels. Fun if you love the game and want to experience everything it has to offer, but can safely be skipped if you don't. There's nothing all that special about it, unfortunately.

Anyway, what did you make of the game? What did you think of the idea of fighting G-Birkin on the A scenario and Mr. X on the B scenario? Did you like the music, especially in the Main Hall and Save Room? What about Leon's customizable weapons? Pacing? The Lickers? The reduced puzzles and focus on action? Do you see why the R.P.D. and Leon are such fan-favorites? Talk to me! :D

7Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Thu May 07, 2020 1:54 am

RedShot

B-Rank

KSubzero1000 wrote:Yes, of course! :)

The 4th Survivor is a bite-sized gem of distilled classic RE speedrun gameplay. Your objective is to run through a short-ish succession of locations from the main game to arrive at the pre-determined goal with a limited inventory. The cool thing about it is that every single room / enemy layout has been carefully designed to potentially be run through without taking any damage or wasting any bullet if you figure out the ideal route. Not a standalone all-time classic like Mercs, but really rewarding if you get into it. If you only have time or the interest to play one, it should be this one.

Tofu is basically a joke version of The 4th Survivor. Everything is the same except you're playing as a big block of Tofu instead of HUNK. Super high HP, knife-only. Dodging is fun!

Extreme Battle is a more bloated and less precise take on a similar concept. You have to traverse the entire game area starting from the lab, fight enemies and collect specific key items in the process. Basically a giant gauntlet with different characters and difficulty levels. Fun if you love the game and want to experience everything it has to offer, but can safely be skipped if you don't. There's nothing all that special about it, unfortunately.

Anyway, what did you make of the game? What did you think of the idea of fighting G-Birkin on the A scenario and Mr. X on the B scenario? Did you like the music, especially in the Main Hall and Save Room? What about Leon's customizable weapons? Pacing? The Lickers? The reduced puzzles and focus on action? Do you see why the R.P.D. and Leon are such fan-favorites? Talk to me! :D

Haha, as expected from a veteran! Interesting modes, I'll keep on playing this game and REmake because they exceeded my expectations and they are very fun to replay.
I really appreciate what Hideki Kamiya offered with this title. A and B scenarios don't only keep things fresh but they have also unique fights and areas to explore in a new or different way. This game is perfectly crafted from the very beginning to the end. Exploring the city, dodging several zombies and arriving at R.P.D. were clever ideas because you can immediately see that RE2 is bigger than RE1 but at the same time loyal to its predecessor.

Music choices were spot-on, after hearing them the first time you know they are classics. Every room has some surprises and Mr. X is one of them! I like his appearance and unstoppable walking. He drops some ammunitions so there's a good reward to fight him. Other enemies are also well-developed and Lickers stand out. I love to exploit their blindness and to anticipate them. The bigger action focus works very well with higher enemy numbers, so puzzles are more streamlined because they want you to go to the next fight instead of searching for a strange object. Puzzles are still there but they occupy a slightly lower position in RE2.

I don't know yet which one I prefer between REmake and RE2 but they are both amazing. REmake could take the cake thanks to a higher difficulty but I must see how difficult is RE2's Hard Mode.

I replayed The 4th Survivor Hunk mode, and I have to say that while it's nice and shifty the part with the 4 plant-mutants blows bowling balls.
No way around it, sponges for dmg, and % for poison is like hitting a wall.
No. NO!

9Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I still remember back when I first played this as a kid. Defining moment in gaming for me. I was terrified at all times. When I reached a save room I'd let out this huge sigh of relief. I remember how I thought the graphics were awesome back then.

The sound design is fantastic. Hearing those zombie moans on the wind. To this day I'm still terrified by zombies.

One time I turned up the sound real loud and lured my little sister to watch the part where the licker bursts through the mirror. Oh how she did scream. *shivers with delight*

10Resident Evil 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That licker ironically never scared me, but those spiders man....those damned spiders.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum