Infinity_Divide
RedShot
Gregorinho
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

201Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 5 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:23 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Memes of Monsoon wrote:>shotgun

It's different here compared to OG. In OG you can easily group enemies together that makes shotgun an enticing option whereas here it is difficult to group two enemies together let alone 4 or 5. This is the major difference along with movement between the two games. Unless i funnel them into a narrow space i don't find myself using shotgun much.

In OG shotgun serves a crucial function outside of confined spaces. I have the default pistol, riot gun and Bolt action rifle fully upgraded and i seldom find myself using shotgun. Enemies just overwhelm me if i try to use shotgun like OG. It's just safer to use pistol and rifle.

The Rifle when fully upgraded destroys enemies and makes shotgun almost useless in most instances. Normal enemies go down in one hit. Plagas in 1, Armoured knights in 2, The golden knight in 3, Brutes, chainsaw enemies in 2 or 3 shots max, even the bullet sponge side quest dog goes down in 4 shot. It destroys bosses too. IMO its the best weapon and essential for PRO considering how many bullet sponge enemies game throws at you.

>Top tier graphical fidelity

I recently upgraded my PC so I'm looking for this. However it's hard to find interesting games with high production values nowadays without open world rpg nonsense. This is one of the reasons i love this game.

>Mercs is wild

I really would have loved more if they had included more maps from the campaign. A village section bit with traps would be really fun. The ranking system while better than campaign also rewards finding a confined space and letting enemies come to you to keep the combo going. It would be nice if the ranking pushed movement more.

>Fully upgrade the blacktail for a higher consistency on hit stun

I have all the pistols fully upgraded and i find default pistol the best. Matilda outshines it but it requires lots of ammo so default is the best. On PRO every pistol requires 2 or 3 shots to stun. The default pistol because of laser sight and rate of fire outclasses every pistol. I can end the starting village fight in seconds with it equipped. It's just satisfying the to see heads explode when its critical chance kicks in. It also feels good to hear Ashley's remark when you head shot a faraway enemy with it.

>Shotgun in OG

Yeah, OG Shotty has insane bullet spread, you can down like 5 enemies with 1 shot lol

>Fully upgraded rifle

Which rifle are you using here? I'll need it in my current Ng+ pro run.

>On pro every pistol requires 2 to 3 headshots to stun

New save pro or Ng+ pro? And by stun you mean stagger for melee promp? Or for their heads to snap back when headshotting/for them to hold their leg and get stunned when leg shotting them (no melee prompt) ?

202Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 5 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Memes of Monsoon

Memes of Monsoon
D-Rank

>Which rifle

Any rifle is good. I'm using bolt action rifle. After you get the exclusive it becomes a monster. If you can consistently land shots on weak spots and line up enemies then you can end fights in seconds. The only way to truly have fun on the island is with this bad boy. the other is obviously infinite rocket launcher. A high risk high reward weapon good for NG PRO or NG+ PRO.

Rifle you get in the library also has the same perk on top of faster fire rate but it eats up your ammo if you're not careful.

stingray has virtually no recoil and you can keep scoped.

> pistol

Default pistol fully upgraded on NG+ PRO consistently stuns for melee prompts in village. If it doesn't kill them in one shot it will stun them for melee follow up. castle requires 2 or 3 max for a melee prompt and island is inconsistent. Sometimes enemy tanks 3 bullets to the head without flinching and die on the 4th shot due to critical chance sometimes it stuns them in 2 shots.

leg shots are also inconsistent. Sometimes they will get stunned for a melee attack sometimes they hold their legs and die on successive shots.

Punisher gave the most consistent result atleast in the castle. If you want melee attacks frequently then punisher is probably your best option.

Blacktail is also a decent option for flinching enemies. It doesn't excel at anything so if you want a balanced weapon this it.

Red9 does the most damage but its aim is horrible.

I have done a PRO NG+ pistol only run and extensively used default handgun for regular encounters and Matilda for bosses. Matilda is the best pistol if you've got ammo because of its burst fire. it consistently stuns enemy if it doesn't kill them.

PRO NG requires 2 shots min for a melee follow up in the village.

On PRO NG also i would recommend default handgun because it is the cheapest to fully upgrade, has good rate of fire, magazine size and obviously the laser enables you to move and shoot everything from projectiles to heads. This pistol became my favorite during cabin fight on PRO mode when i was out of shotgun and rifle ammo.

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum