TheFirmament1
Nadster
hedfone
Royta/Raeng
Dark_Blood_NG
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

151Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:33 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Yah, it’s definitely different. It’s not as great as 1 & 2, but I’m finding it enjoyable. The combat feels off sometimes...almost like there isn’t enough to do...or maybe I haven’t found the subtleties yet. But yah, the storytelling got a bit dramatic. Will let you know how Master Ninja goes.

Side note, the gameplay felt better after installing it. I also have 3 weapons now rather that just the dragon sword, so they must’ve patched those bonuses in there.

152Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:46 am

hebass

C-Rank

I finished Mentor mode, I didn’t realize there was a Day 8 so took longer than I thought.

> Master Ninja
I started this tonight. I only got to the first eagle of Day 1 (3 really long battles)

First Impressions...
Pros:
- It is difficult
- High tension discovering each new wave of enemies
- Awesome sense of relief upon completing a full battle
- Interesting new mix of enemies

Cons:
- It is not always difficult for the right reasons
-> Input lag and general framerate drop, which is new to Master Ninja Sad
-> Getting grabbed immediately after obliteration attack...seems unavoidable sometimes

I will continue, but had to stop for tonight. Will see how it goes!

153Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

Yeah the DLC weapons were added for free a few months after release. Note that they absolutely butcher the game's balance for numerous reasons. For one they start out at max-level, so early-on roadblocks like Alchemists are a lot easier with the OHKO tools they offer. 

The difficulty is personally the highest the series has ever been. Beating that game on Master Ninja pre-DLC is still one of those things where I think "just how the hell did I do that". Absolutely bonkers, especially some of the later bosses.

NOTE: be sure to keep tutorials on, the dinosaur boss is a hell without the QTE notifications.

> grabs
Unavoidable sadly. OTing only gives meter here though so better to just avoid it unless it is 100% safe, since you lose all your meter after a fight anyway and some fights have meter-reduction (since they didn't want you getting Ninpo in that fight).

https://stinger.actieforum.com

154Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:09 pm

hebass

C-Rank

> Tutorial
Understood, learned my lesson in that in Day 2 Hard when I had to stop playing for a few months due to getting stuck on a wall over and over again.

> Obliteration Technique
I’ll try to use this less yah. I like the ninpo though, saves my butt sometimes. I think I lack the skill in this one so far. Will keep practicing while fun.

I was able to clear day 1. The second half of the level felt easier than the first half.

Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Cb795e10

155Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

I'd be interesting to hear your opinions on the game after you've finished it on Master Ninja and then played Razor's Edge (can just be on the same system). I still feel it's one of the most insane quality jumps I've seen in a single game's re-release since forever.

156Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:40 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Sounds good, will keep at it and let you know. I do own RE on PS3 as well...and the Wii U. Not sure if there are differences across the platforms.

I endured the alchemist fight on Day 2 for 1.5 hours today. Finally came up with a decent divide and conquer method, but man that fight was insane. Felt good to get past that.

157Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

Yeah that fight was absolutely brutal, sadly negated by the DLC weapons which have OHKO attacks against them, so good that you did it the 'original' way haha! I remember at launch this was 'our strategy' haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpuedV8Ej7I
Barely worked.

> WiiU vs PS3
WiiU is a tad harder iirc but don't quote me on that, PS3 has an extra costume if you have a Vanilla NG3 savefile on that system.

158Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:02 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Oh nice, thanks! That is the move I used the most because it would knock the guy down 50% of the time. But you can Wind Run technique to an immediate flying swallow at close range!? I have to try that!

I’m not used to shouting profanity like “oh that’s BS”, but it happened a lot in this fight. If there is one thing this game is teaching me, it’s to be even more methodical with my combos. I’ve always pre- buffered button presses in some cases and I know the game is very forgiving with too many presses for things like the Izuna Drop, but I’m trying to unteach myself that a bit now.

159Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

The game is strangely very focused on being able to kill enemies as effectively as possible, which has a sort of charm to it. But due to the giant waves on higher settings it can get insanely monotonous, at least to me personally.

It had a lot of cool ideas though, like the aformentioned WindRun into FS which looks hella cool. I also quite liked that they turned the Flying Swallow into a grab.

160Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:13 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Holy moly, just got power back today for the first time in 6 days. We had a crazy storm and the state was not ready for it. Hopefully will find some time to get back to this soon.

I also quite enjoy the flying swallow grab! I also understand the monotonous feeling in the game. I had that when I played at launch...and still do at times. It gets a tedious at times.

161Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:57 am

hebass

C-Rank

Got back to it tonight now that we seem to be settled with power. I finished the rest of day 2 MN. Wasn’t too bad, the helicopter boss battle was pretty easy.

On to Day 3. It is infuriating on the 3rd fight just after the dogs only fight. I have started to practice Wind Run -> Wind Path -> Flying Swallow move from that video linked above. It seems to be the only way to do this fight...so now I’ll try to master that for awhile. I’m sure I’ll get it down, I was able to get multiple waves down a few times.

162Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:36 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

I had a video in the past where I showed the optimal way of beating all the enemies in the game in a single attack, I probably still have it somewhere. The game really boils down to that type of playstyle sadly down the line. Especially when the game starts throwing Alchemists at you in waves haha.

You're a brave man.

Fuck me can you imagine that this game shipped with Move support?

163Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:30 pm

hebass

C-Rank

> Move support
LOL, now wouldn’t that be some shit. I’m pretty sure everything in my living room would be broken by now.

> brave
Maybe, maybe dumb haha. I feel I need to experience all versions for some reason...probably because I really enjoy the series. I do wish this game had a bit of adventure to it though. There is no reprieve from onslaught lol.

164Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:44 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

The series really went all out on its emphasis of pure combat down the line. Razor's Edge is honestly even worse in that respect, just fight-fight-fight. Good on you to give it a go though, most of us either played it at launch and gave it way too many chances, while most these days just skip it outright. Though it isn't a good game imo, it is good to experience it as a fan of the series.

165Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:46 am

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

Been playing this in Master Collection and have a quick question: using the kusarigama's grab move (>Y) doesn't always cause the grab to occur, has it always been this way or is it a glitch with MC?

Found this the other day, probably the best Razor's Edge player I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DL-e817k7o

166Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

> kusa
IIRC that was always an issue in RE.

> player
I remember him, used to be called CMdevilz iirc. Great player!

167Random Razor's Edge thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Razor's Edge thread Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:19 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

>Kusa
Huh, do you remember if there's a way to get it to connect consistently? Even when enemy's are weakened (all bloody) it doesn't connect reliably. I'm finding it a bit frustrating....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum