TheFirmament1
Infinity_Divide
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
hedfone
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Shit is nuts here in Denver, CO. My girl works at a salon and I worked at a busy restaurant. Both closed for the next month plus. Income is gone in a flash haha.

2That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

That's insane.

We just got 8 new cases from recent returnees and they're all in isolation now. Still no community spread. Hoping it stays that way.

3That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:03 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The governament announced here that they are going to try to help everyone out that is losing work over this, but I'm not sure how they are going to do that. Did you have a reserve of money Hed? Dangerous times friend. Hope you stay safe!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

4That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Have just enough for now. Got family that can help as well as a car to sell we don't want if need be.
The unemployment site here has been down like all day. Not really worried but this is just crazy to see.

5That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:47 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Our border just got locked down. Only permanent residents and citizens allowed.

Tourists have proven they have no consideration and only  care about themselves. Degenerate trash. Who goes on a tour at a time like this and worse refuse to do the 14 day isolation? Selfish losers and I enjoy the fact that the deported ones now have a permanent black mark on their name.

Just visited a supermarket in another town while waiting for a client and bread, rice and paracetamol are all gone. The supermarkets have put a limit per customer but it doesn't mean shit. Everyone in a family can just go in as separate customers and net huge amounts of product, then hit the next supermarket.

6That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

50+ cases now.

2 currently have no known links to overseas travel. We might be looking at the start of community transmission.

Govt announced alert level 2 and my work has told us to stop using public transport.

7That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good that they already start taking steps, our governament was too late and citizins still aren't taking it seriously. As a result we're probably looking at a full lock-down soon. Really bizarre. But hey, Doom Eternal!

8That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

My state just ordered a “Stay at home” demand, yet you can still go to the grocery store, pharmacies, parks, neighbors houses, etc. Not sure how it’s any different than what we’ve been doing.

9That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:20 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>too late
>not taken seriously
>Doom Eternal
Apt.

10That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:31 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Telling us to stay at home? Yep, same here. Except for only the essentials, like groceries and whatnot.

11That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:09 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Near all of my clients have cancelled indefinitely. I only have 6 hours with one client that hasn't cancelled yet.

Thankfully, I'll still be paid. We're about to hit alert lv3 though. 100 cases now. Some look like evidence of community transmission.

Our govt should have closed the borders from the start. Too scared of being called racist and making money was more important. Now they're scrambling.

I think on alert lv3 we can go out to buy food but most places will likely be closed. Non essential services are going down, so schools and businesses.

12That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Lock down will start at 11:59pm tonight.

13That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Same here.

14That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Damn that went fast, we're still mostly working from home but we're not locked down yet I think.

15That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

My country announced a "lockdown" on Monday night. You're still allowed to go food shopping and out for exercise once a day, but we're encouraged to remain 2m away from people at all times when outside. They're also strongly recommending you don't go and visit friends/family and that you work from home if it's at all possible. I've been working from home and going for a walk around the town on my lunch breaks, and it's surprising how many of the people I see outside are the elderly who are most at risk.

16That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Those are the exact rules we have here.

All my clients have been cancelled but I still get paid. Only have to see 1 a week now and always the same one.

17That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:30 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah ours is fairly similar. We work from home, can go shopping, but the governament does recommend keeping 1.5 meters distance as well as forcing all shops and cafe's to close. Ironically only the coffee-shops are allowed to have a counter to still sell drugs, as the second they were closed the police noticed a surge in criminals selling drugs on the streets. The reason why drugs are legal here is to prevent that, and make it less appealing (works, mind you). So to see it devolve so fast was quite a shock.

18That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Well, the US is now the leader in cases in the world and it’s only going to keep soaring. Luckily since my state enacted that “stay at home” order we have been dead at work, so I really haven’t been coming into contact with much of anyone.

>coffee shops to sell drugs

Had no idea this was a thing.

19That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

In the Netherlands we have what we call coffee-shops, you don't go there for coffee Razz It is purely a business to buy weed etc. The Netherlands legalized most soft (and some hard) drugs eons ago in a hope to quell criminals and make it less appealing. It is generally a success, most Dutch don't really care for drugs anymore outside of a select few and it isn't 'cool' to do it, more a 'whatever'. Same reasoning behind legal prostitution. They both gotta pay taxes!

20That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:47 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I always thought Amsterdam was the place to go for drugs, but it actually seems kind of tame compared to where I am in Denver, CO, which is nuts. It sounds like Mushrooms are illegal there?, my city just decriminalized them last year. I have have a drawer full of them, even though I don't use them currently. My girl just gets them as tips for her job lol.

21That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

We usually communicate Amsterdam because it is a shithole and the worst town in the country, in the hopes that all the tourists stay there and don't bother us haha! What you can get there you can get 10x as good and cheaper, regarding anything, in other cities.

22That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

How’s everyone holding up?

23That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Had our first death yesterday.

Case around 500 now I think.

24That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

So far so good, went grocery shopping with the missus today, really surreal. Tape on the floor to indicate distances, only a small amount allowed into the shop at the same time, digital checkout only - lots of weird things but good to see people taking pre-cautions. Really wonder just how long this is going to take though.

25That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:04 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

We just went down a level so a lot of businesses have reopened. Malls are still closed but post is working so we can order anything online now.

I had no work for a whole month as most clients cancelled. Still got paid though now our funder is cutting our pay if we aren't working 100% face to face hours. Only one of my clients wants support during level 3. The rest won't be available until level.2.

26That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri May 01, 2020 9:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Thought I'd post it here too, but sadly my wedding has been postponed by a year due to CORVID. My fiance's family most likely couldn't make the trip over from Taiwan to the Netherlands as a result. That and just the whole mood would be weird, it's not a time for celebration.

We're both pretty calm about it, though I do fear my grandma might now not live to see us be wed. She's old and had a brain-bleed a few years ago which led to her being paralyzed for the most part. She's a tough one though.

How's the rest of you holding up currently?

27That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sat May 02, 2020 7:43 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Doing fine, I guess. Something I learned about this whole apocalypse is that many people think that what I do is hell. Been skating around town with a friend of mine much more often than usual, though.

Since I'm still in school, we've been using google meet for lessons, or we're thrown some pre-recorded videos, which is great, because I can speed those up a bit to save me time watching them. Also another reason why I haven't been playing too many games lately... You know, besides the comics and all that.

Anyway, I've said it before, but it sucks that your wedding had to be delayed, my guy. Didn't know that your grandma might not be able to be there, so hopes from Canada that she'll be fine.

28That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sat May 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I'm alright. Sorry to hear about what happened to your grandma and the wedding delay. I don't really have that much to say but it can always get worse. I guess I can make a backlog of TV shows and video games.

29That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sat May 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Hope everyone is doing well. @Birdman at least it’s good you still got paid. Are you going back to your regular work schedule? @Raeng sorry to hear that man, hopefully all goes according to plan next year when the wedding is on. And that’s true Nadster, things aren’t great right now but they could be much worse.

Things haven’t changed a lot on my end, Ohio is slowly reopening things back up but as far as going back to normal...who knows. As grim as it may sound, I’m honestly just expecting to catch this thing at this point.

30That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun May 03, 2020 1:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I see 1 client twice a week now. The rest won't be available until the alert level goes down to 2.

31That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

We're going down to level 2 on Thursday. There are restrictions but we'll be largely free.

32That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Out of nowhere our company has dictated that starting June we are all expected to be back at the office, despite the governament suggesting working from home until at least September. Not sure what to do now, but I am considering fighting it and refusing. I'll probably get into trouble, so I'm working on some backup strategies i.e. going freelance again or looking for work. Going to be an interesting week.

33That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Eek, take care out there and good luck! This thing is certainly turning things upside down a bit. I'm also of the opinion that if you're able to effectively work from home, why not for now. Obviously, some things are better in person, but it just makes sense for now. I happen to be fortunate that I'm still able to work from home as well and I also wouldn't go back now if they said we had to.

34That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu May 21, 2020 8:10 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Roy what are your confirmed cases and daily rate of cases?

What exactly do they need you present in the office for?

35That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu May 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

We're at 44.447 confirmed cases with a total death-count of around 5.800, at a population of 17 million. No information on daily rates.

The reason is that some departments are slacking, so they force everyone back to the office. Personally I'm working more than ever. But I can do my job from anywhere as long as I have a phone and computer. The only difference for me being at the office is that I can say hello every morning to my chef.

I have a meeting next monday, here's hoping it goes well. Going to lay my cards on the table.

36That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Completely vanished here now.

We still have border and travel restrictions but daily life is back to normal.

What I find creepy though is how everyone has forgotten about it already.

37That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Same here, we're still in half a lockdown but people just don't care. It's scary. Really fear we might get a second wave. Did manage to probably find a new job, will get more news this week.

38That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Get this bullshit.

We got two new cases. These two losers from the UK got through our border and were able to go to a funeral. A huge amount of people came into contact with them. They were tested positive later but weren't supposed to be out of the isolation facility. I don't understand what happened. Now the health department is scrambling to find all these people and isolate them.

We have this completely retarded concept called 'compassionate grounds' and apparently they got let out based on that but don't see how they could've been let out without being 100% negative.

Even our prime minister who I hate did a video saying it was unacceptable and shouldn't have happened.

Compassionate grounds have now been removed but as usual classic NZ waits for shit to blow up before taking action.

Just like how we let other countries walk all over us and never hit back. Australia deports criminal NZ citizens here even if they grew up over there but our govt won't hit back. Lots of examples but I'll leave it at that.

39That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Little update on my part. Company I work for just issued a statement that even if co-workers have Corona, we're still expected to go to the office. Only people that have been in the same room as the infected for more than 30 minutes will work from home.

Last edited by Royta/Raeng on Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

40That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah, that's actually insane.

What is your government's stance on covid anyway?

We just got put in level 3 lockdown so I'm off with pay for now. It's supposed to be temporary but the cases are building little by little.

41That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:26 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

> still expected to go to the office

Damn that sounds messed up even compared to the US lol

42That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:01 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I have no idea what's going on. Overall our government's stance is "work from home" and rules are getting stricter again since people are slacking and partying (idiots).

43That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Dan.A

Dan.A
D-Rank

My mother works in a hospital where COVID patients are and she legitimately gets more death threats than lives she saves everyday. It is legitimately bad.

I also have known people personally that have died or have been infected regardless of how safe they were from it.

My workplace has been safe and has protocol, but it is extremely concerning how a few of them don't try to adhere to it and how we, as employees, are not allowed to turn customers away if they aren't wearing masks (only the store manager can, which is problematic).

There's practically no precedent for any of this and it isn't likely to go away easily.

44That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:58 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Govt mandates vaccine for health and education workers. First dose by 30th October.

I've never been anti-vax (got a tetanus booster like 2 years ago after stepping on a piece of glass) but I despise being forced and the side effects from Pfizer's crap freak me out.

Going to look for a new job relating to what I was doing previously. My brother works in the same company as me and he's going to leave too. Unless the govt dials back before then. Which I doubt they will.

Been unhappy in my job for a few years anyway. Might be time to move on.

45That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:00 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>thread started in March
I was watching this business mid-January 2020.  Didn't even pay attention to this topic's existence. Any of you lads want to give updates? Birdman gave his.

46That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:06 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Probably had it around that time (jan 2020) without knowing it. Was in Taiwan at the time visiting my in-laws with the missus. We went to Tarokko and on the way back to Taipei we heard about the outbreak in Taipei City. It was immediately taken quite serious since SARS was such a big deal over there back then, but I was a bit (too) nonchalant about it. Got pretty sick for a week, chalked it up to the flue but always wondered if it might've been 'it'.

Current situation is mixed. Dutch government was pressured into opening the gates to everything since Formula-1 was starting and football-season (the one where you kick the ball with your foot). Despite still being a red-zone, mask-mandates went away as well as the 1.5-meter rule. We're seeing a huge boost in infections since then, obviously. Offices are forcing employee's back to work as well, despite working-from-home working just fine (old fashioned thinking).

Personally in a bit of a rut. I really enjoyed working from home and absolutely despise my office-life. Also feel that a lot just don't take it seriously anymore until they are on their deathbed.

Currently looking for a new job, hoping to escape this joint.

> phiz
Had to take the shot to visit my grandma (she's not doing to well). The side-effect chance is pretty minor IIRC, but the first week after the shot is pretty brutal imo. My arm felt like literal cement not more than 1 minute after and I had severe bodily issues for a week, like I'd run 20 marathons and ate a gallon of chille a day. Second shot did nothing for me, for my wife it was the other way around though. Now we're both fine though.

You can't really avoid it here anymore though, basically everything is off limits if you don't vaxx.

47That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:43 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

It's still very much a thing here in the UK. I think we're still statistically the worst country in Europe in terms of handling it (and have been for almost the entire pandemic). I agree with Birdman in that I don't think it should be compulsory to have the vaccine, but I do very much think everybody should take it. I got my two jabs booked in as soon as my age range was allowed to.

It's quite frustrating to see people not taking it seriously. Our family lost our Nan (grandmother - is Nan a UK only thing?) in January to COVID. My dad would visit her to give her shopping, fix things etc. , and he got tested regularly to make sure he wasn't taking the virus in to her home. He's always been testing negative, so we assume she must have caught it from the nurse that would visit to give her injections (she was diabetic amongst other things). If that was who she caught it from then it was pretty unavoidable really.

We still have a lot of people here who think it's "just the flu". My nan survived many flu seasons (she's been unwell for the best part of a decade) but COVID turns up and she can't survive that? Clearly not just the flu, IMO. I can only assume people who are still nonchalant haven't actually lost any family or friends to it.

We don't have any mask mandates here anymore but I still wear mine in most places, always sanitise after I leave anywhere etc. I just wouldn't want to be the person responsible for passing it on and putting somebody else's life in danger, you know? Our government has always treated it like "yes there are rules but we aren't really going to enforce them as we'll lose money somewhere if we do".

48That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> UK being worst in the EU
You would if you were still part of it Razz (sorry)

> nan
I know the word, but I think that's a UK thing yeah. Sorry to hear about your loss man. My grandmother got COVID too pretty soon after her TIA, but she managed to pull through.

I agree on the point of 'doing it for another'. I still wear masks to most public places, especially some shops where I'm a regular (Games Workshop, Comicstore etc.), they always appreciate it. But the whole stance has just gone out the window for money-reasons.

How are you handeling it with your job?

49That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Cheers Roy, appreciate the kind words. Glad to hear your grandma recovered!

> Worst in EU
I was very careful to say Europe and not the EU! Razz

> Work
They've been very good about the whole thing, actually. Nobody has been forced back, but the office is open (with a 50% max capacity) for those who do prefer to come to work. It's expected to go back to 100% after the new year, but we're yet to know whether we'll be made to go back in. I've started doing a couple of days a week in the office as some of my colleagues have been in nearly the entire time and they've been doing a lot of running round for the ones at home with certain tasks, so I feel it's only fair. I take it you've been forced back to the office then?

50That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Empty Re: That "Rona Apocoalypse" Thread. Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:26 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Netherlands is imploding, we ditched the rules a few weeks ago as noted, and we've just broken our old infection-per-day record. To make matters worse, one of the biggest festivals of the year is about to start (Karnaval), so we're in for a world of hurt. Lock-down is imminent.

Well at least this gives me time to find a new job haha. But seriously, it sucks to see the country stay stuck in this infinite loop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next