You are not connected. Please login or register

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Just bought this and played through the tutorial. Just got to the world map and first real objective.

Quick observations.

*Controls are smooth and responsive. Had a small issue with wall running at first but got over it quickly. Just needed to get used to the first person perspective with such actions.

*Mechanics are great. Looking through the upgrades, I can see some really cool things are possible. Can't wait.

*I love the red and white color scheme. Reminds me of Remember Me in some ways.

*Not the biggest open world fan so we'll see.

*It's not disorientating like Breakdown.

Will update with more observations later.

Last edited by Royta/Raeng on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited Topic Title)

2Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:27 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The color palate is beautiful I agree. Really hits home with me. There was a selection of high-res screenshots of the first game that I cycled as my wallpaper back then. Really cool.

My main gripe with Catalyst was that certain features (like lifting your legs up during a jump) have to be unlocked. The open-world is a bit meh for me too. I much prefered the level structure of the first. But hey it is a different game which works. I can always go out and replay the original.

Biggest tip I can give: focus a bit on the main missions until you unlock the grappling hook. Makes exploring a bit more fun as you won't constantly reach grapple points and realize you can't continue on.

Enjoy!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah basics like that should be there from the start.

That's a good tip. I probably would have run around suffering for awhile if I don't know that lol. Thanks.

4Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:39 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not sure about Runner Vision. It's kind of annoying. I've turned it off to see how it goes.

Bought the 180 turn and safe roll which has really opened up where I can go.

5Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I usually turn runner vision off, it's way more fun to find your own routes. But it does help a bit in certain story missions where you might be "where the hell do I go" otherwise.

6Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:01 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah I have been falling a lot but it's ok. Better than automatically following that trail and doing nothing myself.

I think I just need Coil and Mag rope to be able to move freely. Did a few delivery sidequests and made it with only seconds to spare. I'm still not great with the movement techniques.

7Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Definitely get Coil, it is essential and one of the moves that made me go "why the hell is this an unlockable in the first place".

8Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Empty Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Played a bunch of this, really good so far, looks and runs gorgeous. Melee is really fast and slick, it's funny how similar it is to Breakdown, the input for some of the attacks is similar.
The goons don't seem much threat so far, they go down with a few hits and aren't very aggressive. I've seen that PC has a mod for harder enemies.

High level movement:

Kung fu:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]