RedShot
Shane
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

101Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm on the fence about that. A lot of the fun is eventually building roads and reputation so you can get better stuff to use. Otherwise you'll finish the game with a gimped character and then start unlocking toys with nothing to use it on.

For instance you can unlock Golden bullets which are great against the bosses. I'd say a healthy balance will do. Bit main story, a bit side quests etc.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

102Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Spent yesterday figuring stuff out.

Got the bike which makes shit much better. I set up charging towers near each facility.

I guess I'll just do orders until I get 5 stars for each of the nearby facilities. Just did the first visit to Wind Farm.

How is it decided whose stuff you see? I'm guessing it's random. There's no way every players' structures can appear because you wouldn't be able to move. Shit would be everywhere.

Kind of confused about currency. Recycle adds it to the facility stockpile then I can just withdraw it to buy stuff right?

103Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

BTs ate my bike. Thought I'd zip right past them. Nope. They just stopped it dead at full speed.

FUCK!

Now I'm back to walking everywhere.

The game seems to follow a pattern. Wherever you have to go, there will be timefall. Lots of it. And no shelter. So it's become neccessary to take like 2-3 repair sprays.

I found some shelter under a rock once. Didn't notice at first but some kind soul had left a sign. Timefall doesn't seem to stop though.

How do blood bags work? It says to equip them, but I can't seem to select them anywhere. Unless by equip it means just have them on you.

104Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:01 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah the structures are a tad random. You get put into a 'group' when you sign in but you can align yourself with certain players by subscribing to them in the system or befriending them, so you see their constructions more often.

Later-on you'll be able to build roads and the game uses a very weird system here that I'm still not sure on how it works.

> currency
Basically every facility has a stockpile and a limit. If you want to use the materials, you have to request them from said facility and take them with you. This will be a big thing later-on when Roads and upgrading structures give a lot of benefits and require a lot of materials. So you'll for instance get a truck and take all the resources from facility to facility until you have enough etc.

> Wind farm
Pro tip, get caught by the BTs and don't resist. This will trigger a 'void out' which leaves a crater and removes BTs from an area. Usually this is really freak'n annoying as it makes an entire part of the map off limits. Near the Wind Mill it makes it so that you can drive to and from the Wind Mill safely.

EDIT due to new post:

> bike eaten
They will never destroy it, it's still there. If you go back it should be somewhere around there.

> they stopped it dead
BTs cause an EMP most of the time, if their sludge hits the bike you're toast. But they won't eat it.

> timefall
Eventually you can build shelters. But yeah the timefall is big scripted originally. Note that timefall is always present nearby BTs (they are meant to slow you down to degrade your gear) but you can also get weather reports lateron in the game. Note that timefall only damages the container, not the content. But if the container is wasted a single bump will damage the contents. So as long as you walk safely, you're still good.

> blood bags
You need to have them equipped, left on the Dpad iirc. It will automatically use blood from the bag first when shooting, and when taking damage it will use it as a heal-over-time to get you back on your feet.

105Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>voidout
Forcing one to clear land for easy access. That's genius.

I just got to chapter 3 and can fast travel now.

>blood bags
I have them but they don't show up on the equipment ring. I think they might be used automatically because I can see used bags in my inventory.

I'm find the story pretty interesting. Is the beach an existing theme? They have it Frankenstein Chronicles too.

106Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:38 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah you can do quite a few voidouts to speed up travel between certain points. Works like a charm and never goes away either.

> fast travel
Note that you cannot bring gear while you fasttravel. That means you did the first boss though IIRC, how was it?

> blood bags
Yeah when drained they go to your inventory. Note that you can put them in your hand and throw them as weapons. Otherwise just recylcle them.

> story
It is pretty fun though it is a bit too 'explainy' for its own good as it goes on. The mystery is really cool originally but eventually you know everything which takes the scare away a bit. Regarding the Beach, no clue. Could be inspired by FC. Kojima is like that.

107Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>first boss

Very easy. Just threw grenades. Seems like you'd have to stand still and walk towards it for any chance of being hurt.

I hate Higgs already. Up until then the voice acting was pretty good. But Higgs sounds like one of those TV advertisements or a wrestler.

Why would Sam stand there and say nothing?

108Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

A lot of people like Higgs, but I wasn't a fan either. He has two cool scenes though, one of which is probably the best in the game. Not a fan in general of using actors in games.

109Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's just how he sounds that bugs me, not what he's saying or doing. Not too seriously though.

Some cool stuff.

*I jumped a mule ping. Did it completely by accident.
*The slide into crouch is an attack. Got a short hitstun on a mule with it.
*Robbed their camp blind and used their trucks to extend the road.
*Will hold onto this truck as long as I can.
*Got the power skeleton 3 and bike recipes. Someone said they have another vehicle in the works so hopefully it's my own truck. Then I'll go back to the first area and clean up.
*Got the bola gun. Head shots are instant knock outs but normal stun and kick is fine. I usually try to stealth the whole camp so I can safely loot it.

>old bike still there
I checked and there it was. New problem being that almost the entire first area was struck by timefall and BTs so I couldn't use it.

This game is definitely giving me SOTC vibes. And a lot of it actually looks like my country.

The private room is a little irritation. I don't feel I should have to re-equip everything and look around the room. Just give me a menu.

110Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah one thing that took me aback was how this was supposed to be America, while it is clearly New Zeeland.

> slide into crouch
The 'dash' that you can do while holding both shoulder buttons is an unblockable that leads to a crumbled state where you can garrote them for free (as they are dazed and count as "not knowing where you are").

> truck
You will eventually be able to make your own with more storage space.

> skeleton
Great in the early game until you get a pair. Eventually the Stability Skeleton wins out for me, though Speed Skeleton is cool too (though I don't like how it messes with the game's balance).

> bola gun
Such a lovely tool.

> private room
Ditto. It's neat the first time around and there's a lot of hidden easter eggs there, but honestly I just don't care for it as much especially near the end.

> BTs
Note that you can 'clear' an area of BTs but there's usually a few dozen of them so bring a ton of grenades. If you clear an area they will eventually respawn but it can give you the peace you need to get your bike back.

111Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:51 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got trucks, safehouse and timefall shelters.

The odradek can now counter mule pings but I didn't read it properly.

Last edited by Birdman on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

112Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Basically you press it so that your 'shockwave' bounces with the one of the enemy.

> trucks etc.
That's a nice progress. Still pissed that PC users got exclusive Cyberpunk 2077 items. How you liking it so far?

113Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:06 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got much better once I made some progress.

Not sure what I should do next. I extended the road a bit.

114Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Roads are always a good investment. Same with leveling some facilities to get better equipment. Have you done pizza deliveries yet?

115Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:30 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I saw one but didn't really feel like doing an awkward delivery like that.

Just got ziplines. Going back to the first area to set them up so I can get to each base easily. Then I'll focus on leveling them.

I can do premium deliveries now, but will set up my ziplines first.

Just did that warzone part. That was really creepy.

116Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The pizza's a very worth it as completing them all gives you access to special bullet types.

> ziplines
Fantastic stuff. They can feel like automating the game a bit, but in some areas it is crucial. Beware that degradation is a thing, though it is slow.

> warzone
Fantastic setpiece and you can really use the game's mechanics to its fullest in those situations. You can brute force them if you wish, but smoke grenades are king for example too.

117Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>They can feel like automating the game a bit

Was only able to put up 4 in the first area due to lack of chiral bandwidth. Will work on maxing out the facilities here to boost it.

118Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Feels like a real slog now. Not really interested in completion anymore. Will just finish the story then dump it.

119Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:36 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Director's Cut announced. Could be really interesting. Kojima's games tend to really shine when they get a second look, so I'm excited.

120Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

New gameplay reveal. Seems that combat is getting a much bigger focus in this release, which will also feature some of the PC-exclusive modes like Very Hard out of the box.

Still I can't help but feel this isn't what the 'director' would want, instead what his $$$pockets want. There's a clear attempt to push this game into a bigger audience (despite going for a console exclusivity deal on a machine with a smaller installbase than the freak'n WiiU).

While the increased focus on combat is neat (lots of fun mechanics in this game imo), unless they drastically change what the consequences of combat are (basically, you nuke yourself if you kill someone) not a lot will change.

Also not a fan of this continued system-introduction of mechanics and options to NOT travel. I.e. we can now just shoot our packages to their destination. What? I had hoped for more interesting traversal mechanics, more elements (wind, rain) playing a bigger role etc.

Kinda disappointed.

Anyone here going to pick it up?

EDIT: apparently some form of online-play will be added, and you can upgrade your PS4 game to this version for 10 bucks (still need a PS5 though). You can even continue from your savefile which is really neat. That said...where the fuck can I even buy a PS5 haha.

121Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDsmFbdBEA

Lot of the mechanics seem to be there to just remove or negate the core gameplay even further, instead of supplementing it. A semi-jetpack, having robots carry the cargo (instead of the more difficult to use skateboard).

It's seriously a shame, the one thing this game would've needed imo are more enviromental hazards and instanced deliveries. Instead we get combat/stealth sections, VR missions and a ton of new guns in a game that actively punishes combat. The ability to replay boss-fights helps though and is interesting for more optimization / trying new tactics. The combat/stealth missions really look like basic-bitch MGS though, not using the game's strengths (open world exploration). Such a darn shame seriously. Really seems like they caved, big time.

Also amazed that we still can't listen to voice-messages or music while walking. It always boggled my mind that in a game of constant motion we have to stop and read logs instead of listen to them.

It's still, contentwise, a substantial upgrade to the original and I'm disappointed I can't play it since it's PS5 only. The game apparently is also teasing something near the end, something with a whale, so people are screaming its MGS5. We'll see.

122Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I know nothing about the game but I might look into getting the Directors Cut, it's been a while since I sunk my teeth into a Kojima game. Do you think the new additions are a net-positive, then? It's interesting to see your comments on how some of the new mechanics negate the old ones.

123Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:30 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I'm a bit optimistic for the new missions and combat trainings, I hope they are developed with some thought behind them, going past the "MGS Lite" first impression.

New gadgets seem to simplify too many sections of the main story and secondary deliveries. For a moment, when Sam was using the jetpack, I hoped to see flying enemies with a ZoE-like approach.

It's still Death Stranding but with some cool additions, more op gadgets and (hopefully) good restricted VR missions. I'd buy it if I had a PS5.

124Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Everything is optional, so you can tailor your own experience, this game just has more elements to tailor than its previous releases. The entire game was about delivering packages, routing, making micro decisions in pathing when confronted with an unexpected element (enemies, rough terrain, wind, rain).

It already introduced some methods to circumvent playing the game like building roads (takes a lot of effort and time though), using the vehicles (need power and materials to build) and speed increase items (take up valuable inventory space and reduce your carry capacity). The biggest one was the ZipLine, which allowed you to basically automate the game, but it took an immese amount of materials and you still had to go to both locations where you put down ziplines first.

Introducing a jetpack...a cannon to shoot cargo for you and a robot that does the carrying for you is just another growth in that trend.

125Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:26 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Really not sure how I feel about this. I thought the opening hours of the game were its best, since you’re traversing the land, going on expeditions, learning the mechanics, watching for weather and BTs, etc. Then the game becomes super cluttered and you start building structures to get around the walking. And now there’s going to be even less of the core mechanics than in the original?

I don’t know. I’ll probably get it to support unique AAA games but I genuinely don’t think any of these additions will help the game at all.

126Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:25 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm a broken album at this point but the main thing the game needed was more elemental effects playing a role, BTs being more of a threat and more randomized, the rain being more brutal to your packages and less 'scripted' etc.

Also give elements less singular solutions. It's great that you have a cold/hypothermia mechanic, but it's crap if you can negate it by just slapping on some heat-pads. Sure they take up inventory space, but eh, that's a minor inconvenience.

BTs are downright frightening when you don't bring guns along or grenades, and it's my prefered method of play these days. Same with humanoid foes. They are fantastic to fight using your melee tools and what you can find in their camps. The second you bring a bola-gun the entire game just commits mechanical-suicide.

> building roads etc.
It's fun and optional imo, and there's a fun in optimizing certain routes with roads and ziplines. The second you optimize it too far though is when the game just...snaps. It tries to limit this with 'building limits' at first, but it gets way out of control way too fast. There's a pretty damning clip in Matthew's review that's verbatim my end-game, where I just had so much ziplines I was barely needed to play the game.

127Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:59 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Also give elements less singular solutions. It's great that you have a cold/hypothermia mechanic, but it's crap if you can negate it by just slapping on some heat-pads. Sure they take up inventory space, but eh, that's a minor inconvenience.
Good point. I think I only just arrived in the snow area before quitting. Reminds me of BotW's temperature mechanics. But you can just make a few meals and essentially delete the concept.

What would you change?

>had so much ziplines I was barely needed to play the game.
Again, what do you think would solve this issue?

I like basic bridges. They made sense, weren't to extreme, short range. Ropes are great too for getting somewhere faster. Once I got ziplines I thought 'What's the point of this other stuff?'

128Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:19 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think this is a case of, "if it isn't fun, don't do it". Ziplines are a great method of removing parts of the game you don't like, i.e. there's a route in the game that's a pretty steep climb filled with B.T.s, so I always put ziplines there to skip it. It allows for that flexibility. The second you go too far though, you technically don't have to play the game anymore; so that's a player induced risk.

If I had to make a change to the system though, I'd probably limit the amount of buildings that you can make more perhaps, or make them more cumbersome to bring. A lot of key items are far too lightweight. For example the HeatPads I mentioned, you slap two on your shoulders and you're set. Would've been more mechanically interesting if it was a portable heater that you had to bring with you attached by a rope for example, slowing you down and negating the ability to use ziplines or vehicles etc.

The same happens with blood-bags, you use your HP to shoot weapons which is a great concept in a survival game, making combat a big risk. But you immediately get bloodbags, which barely weigh anything and even have their own dedicated bag so they don't take up physical space; making the concept a non-issue.

129Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>pretty steep climb filled with B.T.s,
I think I know the place. Absolute nightmare.

>limiting stuff
Maybe just limit zipline number?

>heat
Do those little shelters protect you from cold?

>blood bags
Noticed how easy it was to get and carry them.

Didn't the complete version add some kind of package launcher?

130Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:15 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The downside of limiting ziplines I'd say is that the online part. So you'd probably never be able to build them yourself, since they're always already maxed out. If you have to limit something, it tends to just be a hotfix for a bigger problem.

They could've made them like 'roads', i.e. predetermined, but this would limit creativity. It's a hard thing to do right.

Generally speaking the biggest mistake of Death Stranding is that it seems to constantly gives you options to not engage with the game. The core mechanic is walking. It offers specific elements to tighten this (rain, wind, cold, BTs, mules). So here's a bike, a truck, warp points, a cannon, grenades, ziplines etc. The game even plays into this later-on by giving you absolutely insane deliveries that you could never do by yourself without a truck.

That said, the most memorable parts of the game are the 'little moments'. Last time I took a truck for a giant roadtrip, only to find myself without power near a mule camp. I had to infiltrate their camp, steal a truck, transfer the goods, and choose what to leave behind. It was a very 'organic' engagement, despite being totally random. I could've just reloaded a checkpoint, but that way you'll avoid the actual fun in the game.

> heat
Yeah those shelters give heat IIRC.

> package launcher
Yeah, though I admit I haven't played the Director's Cut (sadly).

131Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>options not to engage
Is this because they knew there would be a certain amount of people that got tired of walking everywhere?

Limit usage and limit creativity, or let it all run wild and delete the core mechanics. Doesn't seem like there's an in-between. Outside of your own personal choice to play how you want.

132Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Sometimes I feel like playing this again.

Only have PS4 though and want DC.

133Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just beat Higgs. What an asshole. The fight sucked too. No guns or tools. Teleporting prick. I enjoyed stomping his ribs.

Then what is this trash? Tekken? A Bayo 3 style kaiju fight? What shit.

Looks like Cliff is back. The fights with him and his soldiers were probably the best parts of the game.

The story is actually interesting to me which is very rare.

I'll finish the game but I won't do max stars with each facility. Or any premium deliveries or big builds. That's the problem with this game. Way too much. It's insane.

If there was just much less of everything it would've been so much better.

134Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

FINALLY.

Stop reading here if you don't want spoilers

Done with this. Started to think it would never end. So dragged out it's insane. Multiple times I thought I was at the end but it just wouldn't stop. Kojima should just do movies. I feel like I was watching scenes for hours. Just the story missions alone were long enough. I'd never consider maxing all the facilities. Anyone who did that I have to applaud for serious determination.

Still not really sure why anything happened. Extinction Entities are just a thing? They just appear and that's it?

Is Cliff Sam's dad? Who is the BB I was carrying around?
Did timefall stop? Sam and the BB weren't aged while standing in the rain at the end.

I zoned out a bit during those end scenes as it was getting late. Stopped reading files too. Got sick of it

135Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:34 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Higgs fight
Honestly I really liked it in how you could use the game's mechanics (which are more meant for traversal) in a combat setting. Even did a no-damage run of it: https://youtu.be/tOgMWDAfC44

> story
Who cares. Kojima has some great ideas, but he overexplains. Just skip the cutscenes (esp. on replays) and you have a pure gameplay-game.

> reading logs
Never read them either, though I did 'read' a few since you need to to progress some sidequests iirc.

> maxing locations
Honestly, this and building roads is the most fun part of the game. Optimizing routes, traveling back and forth, there's a lot of fun to be had in it. Especially if you start pushing your luck or taking more risky routes through ghost territory or where the soldiers are. Think of it like Mission Mode instead of the campaign.

> the walk back
What did you think of this part? I honestly really enjoyed it. Such a unique moment where you have to backtrack through the entire game with little resources.

136Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:33 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Who cares. Kojima has some great ideas, but he overexplains.
I'll watch some explanations on YouTube.

>Honestly, this and building roads is the most fun part of the game
Not for me. I ended up just taking vehicles as far as I could then going in foot.

Didn't mind the small structures like battery chargers, shelters and bridges.
Also got a lot of use out of ladders.

By the time I got ziplines I had stopped caring about deliveries.

>What did you think of this part?
Was kinda over it at this point and just wanted it to end.

>Such a unique moment where you have to backtrack through the entire game with little resources.
The resources didn't matter much since you don't have any packages to protect. My shoes lasted the whole way. I think I had a bike too.

Didn't like that whale thing. Hate trying to move in that black sludge.

137Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:45 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I do kinda think that's a waste to be honest, you were clearly rushing through the game wanting it to be over, and as a result even the cool moments are ruined wouldn't you say?

> stopped caring due to ziplines
They're nice, but if you overdeploy them the game just becomes automated. While it is fun to build a network of them across the map, it gets tiring fast. DS really is at its best when you plan trips and just relax while playing while also pushing yourself, so trying different routes etc or overloading yourself. If you just do one delivery each time (safer) and use cars/ziplines through safe areas, it's literally just going through the motions which is fucking boring yeah

> whale boss
Yeah most 'big' bosses suck ass. I liked the Cliff bosses tho, same with those dogs, they were pretty interesting.

138Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:08 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Fuck you Kojima. I'm still thinking about this game.

Like I just get this urge to play it sometimes.

139Death Stranding - New Trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:04 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Still waiting on the Directors Cut making the jump to Xbox....one day. Really curious about the sequel too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum