RedShot
Shane
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

This freaked me out. Seriously WTF?

2Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I loved the first trailer, really gave me that Morrison vibe of weird storytelling, that aside...there's nothing to see here outside of a nice trailer. I remember reading that when the first trailer was shown they hadn't even gone out of the concept phase of the game, meaning there was nothing of an actual game, nothing. Not even a concept on how it would play. Fact that they made a trailer before even that worries me heavily.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Heard rumors here and there of it being an open world suspense/horror, but who knows?

I honestly can't tell what kind of game this will be from the any of the trailers. Looks like a horror setting, but gameplay-wise, no idea. I haven't actually ever seen anything as bizarre as this before. Looking forward to more news.

4Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:57 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Gameplay I guess will be like a finished version of MGS5 but doubling down on the supernatural stuff this time. I'm not so keen on having famous faces for the characters as I prefer original character designs, but they've shown suit designs the characters will likely be wearing so that compensates. I'm intrigued but I'll wait for gameplay to be invested.

5Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:20 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gabriel Phelan Lucas wrote:Gameplay I guess will be like a finished version of MGS5 but doubling down on the supernatural stuff this time. I'm not so keen on having famous faces for the characters as I prefer original character designs, but they've shown suit designs the characters will likely be wearing so that compensates. I'm intrigued but I'll wait for gameplay to be invested.

I have this problem too, seeing an actor in a game just doesn't work for me. It lacks characters and the animation always feels forced instead of being perfectly fit for a certain scene etc. There is no real nuance.

6Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I think Kojima's status as gaming's foremost Godly Auteur Director has gone to his head, he seems to want to shove in as many of his new Hollywood friends in as possible without considering if they are fit for that role.

Plus many Hollywood actors aren't used to voice acting, which is why i have a tremendous amount of respect for voice actors. Having famous faces is immersion breaking(and im not one to fuss over this typically) to an extent for me, simply because its so distracting and i don't care for Hollywood faces at all.

Oh yeh, and we don't know what genre it is. I assume Stealth/action horror/scifi themed shooter. But one thing i can't be mad at is that it clearly has art and themes inspired by Junji Ito works, namely Gyo Fish Attack. I'm sure its going to be a good game, but its clearly Kojima getting the Metal Gear out of his system. i'm more interested in his game after this. It's odd as he wanted to stop making MGS since 1, he didn't want to make MGS3 or MGR as he wanted to leave it to his team. id like to see what that team can do with another director.

And what of the ZOE2 team? They should get to make another game.

7Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Finally get to see some actual gameplay and they show...walking and stealth. In the most basic form. What the fuck?

You'd think after all this time and all those creepy trailers they'd present something that sets this game apart but nope. Fuck off.

8Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I'm a bit confused. Granted what we saw looked really good, but only in the graphical and animation department. I honestly have no clue what kind of game I'm looking at and while I like the art-house'ness of it, I'd like to at least know what sort of game it will be.

9Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Yeah I'm sorry but I just find it hard to care about this anymore. What the fuck is it? Walking for ages isn't something that sounds appealing whatsoever. I found almost everything that wasn't a Sony FP title to be much more intriguing this year. Even if the game is just walking it will still be praised to high heaven of course and Kojima will get his butt licked like always. If Kojima made Dear Esther it would be considered a legendary masterpiece.

Seriously I like the guys games, but the overwhelming adoration for him is getting way too over-the-top.

10Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So we finally get a new trailer of...a cutscene introducing a boss fight, but no actual gameplay. WHY???

11Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm still calling it that Death Stranding isn't an actual game but a marketing campaign for Kojima's new studio and that ad-revenue on his videos and merchandise is paying the bills. There has to be something to this.

12Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:30 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It was said that this was a boss fight but you have the option to avoid it.

Something's up though. There's no way it can be so good that they aren't showing it because when they finally do it will be justified.

I'm guessing it's going to be like MGSV. A large world with lots of options in how to approach a situation. Weird gadgets. No way it's going to be something so unique and amazing.

Isn't Kojima known for this kind of screwing around? I read somewhere he likes to take his time and spend big bucks.

13Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Wed May 29, 2019 6:29 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

New trailer, what are your opinions ?

14Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Wed May 29, 2019 7:01 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

Still hard to judge, it just looks like any other generic open world tps with Kojima weird shenanigans mixed in. But it's a Kojima game so I expected it to have interesting gameplay underneath all the casual hooks(specially now that he isn't bound to Konami evil corporates anymore).

We'll probably only get a real idea of how good the game is if we play the game ourselves(seeing as the Kojima fanbase is filled with n a r r a t i v e casuals who never appreciated the MGS games for what they were).

15Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Wed May 29, 2019 11:10 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I got to say it is very interesting. I hope a demo is released.

16Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu May 30, 2019 9:27 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Seems similar to MGSV at a glance.

I hope there's tons of gadgets and combinations to use.

17Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu May 30, 2019 3:08 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

From what I watched it's a mix of stealth, tps, survival elements. Melee combat looks a bit clunky but I think it will be refined. A lot of people don't understand anything besides narrative, but Kojima has created very good gameplay systems with his team.

18Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I’m kind of skeptical about this. MGS5 was much weaker than 2 and 3 and I think this will definitely take a lot of cues from that game. Everyone praises MGS5 for its options and tools but it still pales in comparison to 2 and 3, not to mention the fact that it’s all stuck in a barren open world when the past games had such fantastic level design.

Of course, everyone who never dug in to MGS is saying it won’t have good gameplay because Kojimas’s games never have, even though they have some of the best mechanics and depth ever. I plan to take time off work when this comes out and dive in as much as possible. It’s been a long time since I’ve played a new game that really was special to me and I’m hoping this can be another one.

19Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu May 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Initial impression is that the story really is Kojima doing Kojima, without the editor-leash he's had in other games sometimes pulling him back into reality. They say a writer is only as good as his editor, and I'm afraid this will really be this absurdly cool but also completely un-understandable and random tale.

I will say that I do always love just how fantastic the art-design, typography and all is in Kojima's titles that I feel is lacking in so many other games. Everything from interface, to the grass, the the letters used and the gadgets, it just has this perfect design to it. Same with the music.

I like the concept of the whole traveling aspect being the main 'gameplay'. There's of course combat as we've seen but it really seems to be there as an option.

Combat seems, as a result, pretty 'meh', but I have faith that knowing Kojima it will be decent at the very very least. Later gameplay footage showed tps-stuff (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD1ywoL19g0), which also showed different ammo-types being a thing.

I really just hope this is the start of a fantastic amount of future Kojima titles with great gameplay and not just a weird bonkers story with added gameplay.

This last note is personal, but I really don't like the usage of real-life actors. This really robs the characters of much needed personality that you could only get in mediums like this. Where a character is wholy unique. Snake, is Snake (despite its inspirations of Pliskin). But Bridges(?) is still just Norman Reedus to me.

The community will no doubt be a cancer, I've never met a more toxic fanbase than Metal Gear Solid fans, at least its vocal part.

Will you guys be buying it day-one or wait it out for a bit?

20Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Thu May 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'll rent first. Dont trust buying new release games anymore unless they're sequels to games I loved. Like I know I'll get DQ Builders 2 day 1 here because I already love the first one.

21Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri May 31, 2019 3:50 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I don't think this is for me. The gameplay they have shown looks incredibly boring imo. MGS4 off the bat starts you in that warzone with so many options, this looks like a generic stealth survival game. Not really my ish. Maybe they just haven't shown much and at e3 we will see more from a lengthy demo.
As of now, I just want to watch a youtube game movie of the cutscenes at best. I am also afraid playing this on an OG ps4 will be absolute shit.

22Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri May 31, 2019 2:56 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I'll get it as soon as possibile, maybe even on D1. I want to trust Kojima because I love his games.

23Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I can respect that, a little loyalty to a developer never hurts nobody. I am curious about the rest of the team by-the-by. I saw one tweet kind of bash it by saying "don't forget that Kojima doesn't do everything, Norman Reedus made the coding". He doesn't really give his team any chance to shine, or is that just me?

24Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I think he respects his team but just from its name "Kojima Productions" you can understand how important he is in that team. However they are all extremely good workers if they have created these amazing games until now.

25Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

26Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Saw that one too! Always love those demakes!
This one is gold too:

27Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

There's a recent gameplay video floating around. Lots of wandering the countryside. Graphics look incredible though.

Not sure yet though. I'm ok if it's not heavily combat based, so long as we have a ton of toys to play with. Feels like a supernatural MGSV from what I've seen. Like I said, huge world to explore, tons of options for dealing with situations, crazy gadgets. Could be fun. Very 'wait and see' though.

28Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:02 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

SBk and the crew seem to be very excited about the combat mechanics on display. Knowing Kojima it will be of high level once again, though the constant wandering about has me worried. I never truly got into a Kojima game though, so I will wait it out for the time being.

29Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Will be interesting to see if he can create a meaningful open world that is a joy to explore.

30Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I haven't really been following the game's news, but last I saw the combat didn't look particularly outstanding. Are there any videos that show off something interesting?

31Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I doubt SBK will mind I past his notes on the matter here. Be warned, his writing style can be a tad confusing to newcomers, but that's mostly because Gamefaqs has a horrid character limit:

Death Stranding is MGS5 2: Pod Baby Boogaloo Starring Norman Reedus. Guessing most of the verisimilitude crap is completely ignorable (expect tons of shortcuts, routes and tricks to trivialize encounters with Action Chads running around nekkid outside weapons). Weight seems to be the resource management for inventory size. In typical Kojima fashion, there's tons of songs to play ingame (which will almost certainly have gameplay value) and cosmetics that grant bonus (baseball hat reduces stamina usage). Blood seems to be a big motiff like in BB, most of our weapons make use of it to the point of being able to trade our health to conjure up grenades.

The robit arm sends out a signal that reveals every item in the immediate area. When Daryl gets serious his robo hood goes up (amusing). Wish Kojima would drop the open world garbage, it's so much unnecessary downtime. Weapons have levels and crafting is sadly in. There's a lot of 'towers' we have to find. 'Postboxes' are basically Item Boxes/DMC Time God statues (letting us change our layout and manage inventory). Most of MGS's special traversals (walking a tightrope, rappelling) are now available in item form. Have exoskeletons which are likely the 'camo' equivalent, one showed let us run faster and jump further (lot of jumps and a slide, but no roll/dive seen yet). Looks like there's drone allies, one displayed can carry our crap or be used as a skateboard.

Looks like the two enemy classes are humans and BTs (Lovecraft ghosts). We can chuck the supply cases we're carrying at mobs (wonderful). Have an item slot for grenades (grenade pouch). Seemed to have a hybrid smoke/frag grenade and freezing grenades. Saw something called a 'Stun Bomb'. Looked like MGS2's coolant returned. Bola Gun looks to be the new tranq pistol (default nonlethal weapon). Had some kind of weird ray pistol that looked like it needed to lock on (seems like they're trying to make all weapons at least somewhat exotic, which is fine by me). We can use a rope ('Strand') as a weapon to garrot and slam people to the ground (instant knockout), along with supposedly parrying attacks (not shown). CQC looks further improved from MGS5, had multiple options open finishing the PPK string. We can stomp on people on the ground (delightful). Vehicles are in (showed a jeep and bike).

32Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Thanks for sharing those notes, I'll keep an eye on Death Stranding. Metal Gear is one of my favorite franchises but I'm not totally sold on this game yet.

33Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:51 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Now that some details come out I think this is going to be pretty great. Going to be taking notes day one, maybe will trade off with SBK(he’s currently on the DS board as well). I just worry about the open world and crafting components.

34Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:29 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>he’s currently on the DS board as well
This I gotta see.

35Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:11 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I don't know what to think of this game. Everything I have seen of the gameplay looks.... weird. But in a good way? It will be a day one purchase for me for sure. I hope this blows me away like MGS3 and 4 did at the time. Such great titles. I have been thinking about MGS4 a lot recently, listening to old Giant Bombcasts from 2008 at work and it really reminded me how nuts MGS4 was at release.
It really was ahead of it's time in every way.
It's crazy that MGS4 may forever be stuck on the ps3 with that shit framerate.

The spoilers are going to be flying left and right online closer to release, I am pretty much media blackout on this one now.
Has anyone heard what the framerate on ps4 vs pro is on this one? I just assumed it was 30 because, 2019. But some of that footage looked 60, and I completely forgot MGS5 was 60 on console because I played on pc.

36Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:23 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Regarding the framerate, all notes and analysis mention a (steady) 30 fps.

37Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Reviews are out. Lots of gameplay on youtube.

Things I noted.

* Kojima wanted to make a mechanically dense walking simulator. You are a delivery man trying to cover long distances without losing cargo. It seems interesting that your inventory is taken so literally, you aren't just putting it all on your pocket, it's all a delicate balance. That being said, as most reviewers said, this isn't really fun, the boredom is supposed to make you think I guess. I personally don't think a game should be boring. If I'm gonna be bored in a game, I would rather dig into my JRPG backlog.

*Reviewers say stealth and combat are laughably easy, things like being able to parry every enemy with the basic rope. If reviewers are saying this, that worry's me. Don't know about difficulty selections, but I am assume it is like MGSV and there is just a default easy.

* Everyone loves the story, and supposedly it ends well. This is all I am interested in.

38Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:19 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>dense walking sim
Was this the 'new' genre he was going on about?

>inventory management
I have to admit, I've never seen a system quite like this before. It seems similar to those jigsaw type upgrade slot systems mixed with balancing physics.

>reviewers
They aren't known for going below surface level mechanics, but I suppose that doesn't mean they are wrong in this case. Solid 'wait and see' for me. Hopefully I'll be able to rent it.

39Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:20 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Looks... Odd. I don't really think this is my thing, especially with the supposedly extremely long cutscenes.

I can't blame certain reviewers for not liking the gameplay; After all, no matter how mechanically dense you make a walking simulator, it's still a walking simulator. All that extra stuff doesn't really matter if it's just not interesting to play. Then again, it's Hideo Kojima. Yahtzee put it best here.

This seems like the type of game where you would just listen to a podcast, or some video essay while playing it, and then taking off the music for the cutscenes.

40Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:12 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It is also generating quite some controversy with some reviewers not reviewing it. Apparently part of the embargo was that reviewers had to finish it, and some couldn't put themselves up to that task (which imo, is just laughable, it is your job. You do your job). I'm going to be interested in SBK and Infinity's gameplay comments.

41Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:06 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm sort of looking forward to this. I'm a big Metal Gear fan and enjoy Kojima's works for their stories and characters (which won't impress some people!)

I'm still on the fence about this one, so like others I'll be waiting for reviews from actual gamers.

42Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:11 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Well, even if you aren't a big fan of cutscenes in MGS games, you can skip them after the first run.
I have read a lot of reviews but no one talks about mechanics. I can't buy it now so I'll wait some reliable gamers to share their impressions.

43Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:46 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

To be fair Roy, he had already played the game for 40 hours.

Then again, I'm talking to the guy who had played God of War 2018 3 times for a review, and platinumed the original Ninja Gaiden 3.

But he also had deadlines.

44Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Somehow, I'm actually liking the look of this more. It reminds me of SotC. Gives that same lonely feeling.

45Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Regarding the review, this is not as a amateur reviewer myself but just as a professional in my own job, something I think we can all relate to. Once I had to make an animation for on television, which cost more hours than there were in the day. So we slept in the office. Another time we reorganized and divided work differently so our main animator could focus on the main job at hand.

So I have little respect for a man who got a job, took a job, and didn't finish it because he wasn't interested, bored or didn't like it. Man up and do your job you were hired to do. The job was to beat the game and review it; he failed at his job in my eyes. There's probably more to it than this, something that might even change my opinion on the matter, but that's my take on it currently.

> and platinumed the original Ninja Gaiden 3.
I still have no idea how I stomached it.

46Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>comments from SBK and myself
Expect many to be posted here over the weekend.

47Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Looking forward to it!

48Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:48 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Is it out wherever yous are? It's out here in NZ now.

Watching videos now and really getting a vibe similar to SotC.

49Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hearing a lot of talk that it is like Ico and SotC indeed. Some of my IRL-friends are playing it and their conclusion is "it is cutscene > postman > cutscene > postman, paired with probably the weirdest most juvenile badly written plot I have ever seen. And...I keep coming back and have no idea why".

50Death Stranding - New Trailer Empty Re: Death Stranding - New Trailer Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:35 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Ignoring anything that I might say about the game when I play it, I can tell right away that this game is gonna hit "underrated masterpiece" status online.

And it will be annoying as fuck. Probably even more annoying than people who do the same thing with Titanfall 2, AC Unity, and Spec Ops: The Line.

Also, I just wanna say that it really irks me when I see actors in video games. Most of the time, it doesn't really feel like anything's being added aside from a bullet point on the box, and we could also have made a memorable, but realistic character design. We also haven't fully escaped the uncanny valley yet, so the faces never look quite right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum