You are not connected. Please login or register

Death end re;Quest 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Death end re;Quest 2 Empty Death end re;Quest 2 Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Knockback is so much better now. You can now use Super Knockback, which sends them flying so much faster and further.

To do SK, you have to press the attack button just as your hit is about to connect.

Another huge change is now knockback does more damage per impact. In the first game damage was fixed. No idea what it was based on but each impact did around the same damage.

So in this game if you send an enemy flying and get 10 rebounds, each one does more damage than the last. You can do insane damage even at lower levels. In chapter 2, like 2 hours in, in some fights I got 10k+.

Another big change is how field bugs work. They don't seem to have any negative effects now, or at least none that I've come across yet. They always give corruption, which is what powers glitch mode.

If you knock an enemy into them you'll still get the effects, but not the corruption boost.

It looks like it's easier to enter and maintain glitch mode now, so you want to keep bugs on the field as a resource as much as possible. This means knockback has much more thought needed in terms of positioning so you don't end up sending an enemy through 20 bugs, losing all that corruption.

I'm on hard mode and some enemies are hitting pretty hard but nothing I can't handle. Will update after I've put some more time in.

2Death end re;Quest 2 Empty Re: Death end re;Quest 2 Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm not enjoying this anymore. It would be hard to explain why.

I like aspects of it but I feel other stuff just isn't doing it for me.

Super knockback is good, but everything else feels worse than the first game. What I'm doing now in chapter 3 I'll be doing non-stop for the rest of the game with no variation.

There are way more visual novel segments and I started skipping them all. As interesting as I found the first game's story, I have no motivation to see how this one turns out.

3Death end re;Quest 2 Empty Re: Death end re;Quest 2 Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:15 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Quit this ages ago due to reaching a boss that was stronger than my party, but healed to full health often. If it wasn't for this, the knockback mechanic would have worked and killed it. Couldn't see a way to win outside of grinding.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum