5does
Shane
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 20]

151Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:08 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

>dark souls
Ah, I forgot about Bloodborne. That should probably be on my list.

Nadster
>FotNs
I really, really need to finish this game. Got it on release but only got about halfway through. Have you played Yakuza/Judgement too?

>Ratchet: Deadlocked
Very interesting choice, great series but I never played Deadlocked, it has much more of a combat focus than the others right?

152Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:57 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

We seem to be doing this, apparently.

1. Ninja Gaiden Black

Uh yeah, that's the one definitive ranking I've got. So here's a pool for the rest, I guess.

Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
Infamous 2
God of War 3
Max Payne 3
Nioh
Titanfall 2
Devil May Cry 3
Ninja Gaiden 2

153Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Yakuza/Judgment:
I started playing Judgment a couple days ago. Really fun for me. It's a lot slower than FOTNS but I am very early in the game. I haven't gotten any of the Yakuza games but after playing the two games, I want to get the entire series.

Ratchet Deadlocked: Yeah it is more of a combat game than a platformer, although there is platforming here and there. What Ratchet and Clank games did you play?

154Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:14 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>titanfall 2
Amazing game, cool to see it get some love.

>ratchet
I’ve played the original trilogy, a couple of the PS3 games, and the most recent remake. I definitely feel some of the series’ strengths faded after the PS2 games but I like them all.

155Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

>Ratchet
Are we looking at another Knack 2 situation?

156Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:22 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>another knack 2 situation
In what way?

157Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Having way more to it than what appears on the surface.

158Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:59 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Hmm, I don’t know about that. They’re fun games but from what I’ve played and remember, they’re not terribly deep. Might be worth looking into, though.

Anyone get any games for Christmas? I got Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Control. Will play both tomorrow after work.

159Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:30 am

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

I got Astral Chain and I'm having a ton of fun with it.
I also got some digital stuff, PoP Sand of time and Warrior Within that I'm really curious to replay since last time I played them I was a kid. Also Yakuza Kiwami and Onimusha Warlords, but I haven't touched any of them yet.
The problem will be finding the time to play all of them lol.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlmU4vDpbsx6v7TMfgtyQ?

160Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:43 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I got Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Sudden Strike 4 CE, and The Outer Worlds.

161Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:40 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

>Birth By Sleep

I'm surprised! A lot of people don't like that game for how unbalanced it is, but it looks pretty appealing to me, because of the fact that I don't have to play any other KH to understand, and that it just looks pretty fun.

Should I give it a shot?

162Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:52 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

^ Never played that game either, but yep, I'm also aware of its reputation among the fans (although, people who aren't a fan of KH2's gameplay usually like BBS' or KH3's gameplay). But again, haven't played it myself, so I can't really give a good advice here.

I've got one request myself, can anyone offer any other good suggestions to my Action list? I was thinking of maybe raising the number of games to 40, or at the very least, 35.

1. DMC1-5 (yep, DMC2 is included here, just for pure curiosity)
6. GoW I-III
9. God Hand
10. Viewtiful Joe
11. Okami
12. Vanquish
13. Bayonetta 1-3 (I know the third game isn't out yet, but I still have it on my list)
16. Transformers Devastation
17. MGR: Revengeance
18. DaS 1-3
21. Bloodborne
22. Sekiro
23. Darksiders
24. Ninja Gaiden 1-3 (Black, vanilla, and Razor's Edge)
27. Astral Chain
28. Onimusha 1-3
31. The Wonderful 101
32. Zone of Enders 2
33. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

163Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:21 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Is this a list of games you want to get into?

164Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:25 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Yep.

165Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:35 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I’ll throw in a few that I’m a fan of:

-Shinobi(PS2)
-Urban Reign
-Yakuza 0
-Killer is Dead

166Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:59 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Chaos Legion
Lollipop Chainsaw
Knack 2

167Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:07 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Nelo, and Assault Spy. Both on PC only.

168Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:14 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Definitely play Dawn of Dreams if you play Onimusha 1-3. Love DoD
Would also recommend Killer7, especially if you plan to play Killer is Dead. Killer7 often gets overlooked.

169Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:35 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Shinobi (PS2)

Wait... I could've sworn that game was already on my list... but then again, I had a feeling that I was missing something.

>Yakuza

People bring up that series a lot on GameFAQs, specifically on the nonstop gaming board. Is Zero the first game in the series, a prequel, or...?

>Chaos Legion
>Assault Spy

I vaguely remember hearing about these two games.

>Dawn of Dreams

Noted. Only saw people talking about the first three games, but they didn't mention DoD (or maybe I just missed it and I don't remember about it).

Well, that's 44 games. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

170Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:47 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Yakuza 0 is a prequel, I believe it’s actually the 10th game in the series technically. It’s highly regarded due to it having arguably the best combat in the series, a super fun story and a lot of stuff to do. Can’t recommend it enough.

171Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:16 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

The 10th game in the series? Wow, I didn't think that this series would have so many games. Honestly didn't even expect it to have more than 5 games, heh.

172Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

How are the Shadow of Mordor games? Anyone into them?

I know they have 'Batman' combat, but how is this Nemesis system I always see praised?

173Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:31 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yakuza Zero is a good place to get started with the series, it doesn't require any prior knowledge. And there have been quite some games, especially in Japan which has some region-exclusives in the series we still haven't gotten.

To add to the list: give Warrior Within a shot, it is really interesting. Shinobi and Yakuza have already been mentioned. If you haven't, DOOM and DOOM2016 are must plays I feel since they are still nearly unrivaled. Painkiller is pretty sweet too. Same with Resident Evil 3 and 4 - must plays imo. Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise is a bucket of fun too. Killer is Dead is fantastic too, can only recommend that one as well.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

174Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:08 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Warrior Within

I've seen another game with "within" on it. Evil Within. How about that one?

>Doom

Nope, never played any of them. But I did read your article, and it got me curious.

>Resident Evil

Only played RE4 (a lot), I've never played any other game in the series. I heard that REmake 3 is coming out next year. Should I buy that one?

175Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:06 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>Evil Within
I’m not biased or anything, but yes, you should absolutely play this one haha.

>Doom
How did I forget this? Top tier series, definitely give them a go if you get the chance.

176Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:09 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>give Warrior Within a shot

I got the trilogy on steam since it's cheap, gonna play through them since you keep talking up WW.
The first game is pretty basic, but fun, also how is two thrones?

177Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:20 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The Resident Evil 3 Remake will probably have the quality of the Remake of the second game, i.e. it will be a fun romp but not nearly the quality of the originals in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Regarding Warrior Within. The first game is pretty basic as noted but is great all around in terms of puzzles, platforming and worldbuilding. Combat has some fun ideas but mostly just a foundation for titles to come. Warrior Within cranks the combat to eleven, adds a metal soundtrack and makes even better platforming challenges and some good puzzles.

Two Thrones is a mess imo. Some like it the most since it combines Sands of Time's aesthetic while using Warrior Within's combat, but it has the soul of neither. Less enemies, a gimped moveset, emphasis on flashy QTE kills, stealth implementation (god why), QTE boss fights, an absolute broken final section where the game just becomes a masher (you get an OHKO weapon you cannot unequip), and just overall lackluster elements. It really tried to trump God of War, instead of being its own thing. Game also had an incredibly troubled development, as it was originally a very ambitious title that got scrapped.

178Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:02 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Anyone here play both Dragon's Dogma, and Kingdoms of Amalur? If so, which did you prefer? These two games are the two last-gen ARPGs that people point to when talking really good combat.

179Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Did anyone else do the PS4 2019 wrap up? Here’s my stats:

82 games played(wut)
1075 hours of gameplay
Longest session: 11 hours

Top 3 games:

1) DMC5: 122 hours
2) God of war Collection: 103 hours
3) RE2: 92 hours

180Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I did!

Played: 103 games

Top Games
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: 63 Hours
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy : 61 Hours
Metal Gear Solid V The Definitive Experience: 51 Hours

Top Genre: First Person Shooter
1064 Hours of Gameplay
Most Played Time: Friday Afternoons(somehow)
Trophies earned: 361
Title: Marksman

I'm surprised.

181Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think I was a bit too busy with my Xbox One X this year. Thought this thing was USA only but apparently not.

My stats:

6 games played
longest session was 10 hours
RE2 - 69 hours
Sekiro - 62 hours
DMCV - 33 hours

288 total played (3 of which were online lol)

Also Infinity_Divide, GoW:Collection is PS3 right? It counts that?

182Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>dissidia

Is that one of the PSP titles or the PS4 one? What did you think of it?

>GoW collection

Yep, PS3. It must count anything that you play with the account, regardless of platform.

183Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Thank god, for a second I thought I missed a PS4 collection of the classic games.

184Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

That would be incredible, though it seems Sony is distancing themselves from GoW proper.

185Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If the rumors of the PS5 playing every Playstation's games, I'll be enjoying my PS5 very nicely. I really cannot bear my PS3 anymore. It is super slow, makes a ton of noise and I need a new controller that doesn't cost a kidney sadly.

186Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

That would be incredible and would make me a PS5 day one. My PS3 always makes weird cracking sounds and I hate how light they made the controllers. Oh, I’m also on my seventh PS3.

187Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:37 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

>Dissidia
The PSP one. I found it a lot of fun. I originally played it a long time ago on the PSP. You can get it on the PS Vita.

188Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:51 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

If they made ps5 play ps3 titles, they have my money. Still haven't beat yakuza dead souls as my ps3 died on chapter 2. That game is secretly super awesome.

189Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I have always wanted to get into that one, it is still on my bucketlist.

190Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:31 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Do you guys ever have game burnout? I think I have that right now. Maybe I played too many amazing games in a row and now I need a break or something.

191Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:59 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

From a single game or series, yeah, but never in general. My wife says I'm an addict.

192Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:08 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I don't think I ever had one. As far as I remember, I played Mega Man 8, then 9, and lastly 10 for the first time, and still wanted to play 11 right after that (but the game wasn't out yet). I played some fangames of that series instead.

Not sure if that will change in the next couple of weeks.

193Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:16 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Sometimes.

194Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I had a few. Mostly it was due to wanting to play a game then I don't want to because I was seeing it in my head.

195Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:53 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I'm just bored of new games. Haven't really loved a new title since The Evil Within. Right now all I want to do is play Ninja Gaiden, but I don't have the time to devote to getting truly good, so I'm just taking a break.

Last edited by hedfone on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

196Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:33 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I tried playing several games today and none of them held my interest. Probably time to just catch up on reading and stuff.

@hedfone

Everything you just said completely captures how I’m feeling right now.

197Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:18 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Also just broke. I could pick up Judge Eyes or Astral Chain and probably have a good time, but they are pricey and even then they don't feel like must plays for me.

It is crazy that a new generation has almost come and gone and there wasn't a single game I really cared about.
Every sequel was worse IMO than their last gen counterpart. Deus Ex, Dishonored, MGSV.
Hell I even played Evil Within on the 360, that's not even really a current gen game.
More than half of my top 100 games probably came out on the ps2.
Story and graphics have killed the need for good gameplay.

198Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Completely agree. I was thinking about getting Astral Chain but I don’t want to spend $60 on games right now except for a few upcoming titles I’ve been been excited for(Doom Eternal). Whenever I read Gfaqs or read YouTube comments or whatever, people get so hyped over every game and I just...don’t care.

>Deus Ex, Dishonored, MGS5

I don’t know what it was about Dishonored 2 but I didn’t play it again after my first play through, and I played the first game to death. Deus Ex was pretty much the same. I won’t start on MGS5 because I’ll be here all day. This gen for me has had a lot of really solid games, great games even, but almost nothing that was mind blowing. The Evil Within and the Wonderful 101 were the last two games to amaze me with their mechanics and it’s been 5 and 6 years since their release.

>story and graphics have killed the need for good gameplay

And adding “value” to the game, in the form of padding and open world junk.

199Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:19 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Well, for what it's worth, I'm really enjoying Dishonoured 2. Currently on the Clockwork Mansion, and just electro'd Jindosh.

My habits when it comes to games, and media in general, are total garbage. I just keep hopping from one to the next sporadically, until I hit something that holds my interest to the end, and I actually feel like replaying.

For example: I started reading Superior Spider-Man 2 weeks ago, got around 25 issues in, and then just jumped onto Parasyte, which I'm currently 4 volumes in.

200Chatting about games - Page 4 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:00 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Wonderful 101

Cannot believe PG hasn't put this on switch. I would buy it in a heart beat, but I will never own a Wiiu.

>I won’t start on MGS5 because I’ll be here all day

If you have the time I would love to hear your thoughts  Laughing  

>25 issues in, and then just jumped onto Parasyte, which I'm currently 4 volumes in

I feel so bad about not finishing something that I try to avoid this whenever possible.
But as far as I'm concerned, if you cannot finish something you were enjoying, the quality dropped too low.
I have replayed more old games this gen than I have finished new ones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum