Raeng will be on holiday for two weeks, behave guys. See you soon!

You are not connected. Please login or register

DS/3DS games

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 DS/3DS games on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:53 am

Birdman

Still haven't used my new 3DS I bought last Christmas, but I still grab interesting games for it. If you know of any gems, post them here.

I just bought Ocarina of Time as it was discounted. Normally goes for $70 here but it was half price.

These are what I have so far.

NDS
Sora to Robo
Zelda Spirit Tracks
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Okamiden

3DS
Metroid: Samus Returns
Ocarina of Time
Luigi's Mansion 2
Star Fox 64 3D
Chibi Robo Zip Lash

I want to get Hey! Pikmin, Majora's Mask, Link Between Worlds, Kirby Robobot, Kid Icarus, and Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers which I only just found out about yesterday. Looks fun.

View user profile

2 Re: DS/3DS games on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:38 am

Link Between Wolds is probably my favorite '2d' Zelda game, excellent - just excellent. Haven't heard a lot of great things about Return of Samus. I heard the Shinobi title is also excellent, might be worth checking out. As are the Fire Emblems!

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

3 Re: DS/3DS games on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Birdman

Got Hey Pikmin.

I've been looking into Ever Oasis too. Look fun.

Edit: I'm looking into the Dragon Quest games as well. I've only ever played DQ8 a little on PS2 a little.

View user profile

4 Re: DS/3DS games on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:39 pm

That game looks really fun! I'm sort of thinking about picking up a 3ds .. again. Really want to try my hand at Golden Sun DS, Metroid and Pokemon Sun and Moon.

5 Re: DS/3DS games on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am

Birdman

Today I opened my SNES designed 3DS and charged it for the first time. This thing looks so awesome. Also bought a transparent, flexible plastic (or is it rubber?) cover plate. It has 2 parts, one for the top and bottom. Just need to get some screen protectors which I'll do tomorrow.

I think the first game I'll play is Samus Returns. I bought this with the console for Christmas in 2017. I have three amiibos for it. Two are made specifically for this game while one is for Smash Bros but will unlock a missile upgrade or energy tank. One unlocks hard mode (yes, I had to buy hard mode for $29.99) and the other is another missile upgrade I think. There's another Smash Bros one but it's long out of stick here. It only gives and extra missile upgrade or some other power up though so it's not crucial.

Tomorrow I might trade in two PS4 games I have no interest in and see if I can get enough to go towards Majora's Mask or Ever Oasis.

View user profile

6 Re: DS/3DS games on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:57 am

Birdman

So Dragon Quest has these DLC missions and quite a few of them. They are still available thankfully, but who knows for how long?

I got this response when asking on the DQ7 board about them and how far in before they become available.

Roughly 5~8 hours into the game depending on play speed, maybe 12 at most. As for how long they'll be around? It's hard to say. I would wager until Nintendo shuts off all 3DS servers, as they're directly handling DQ7's DLC. If it were Square-Enix handling it, and making the call? They would probably be down by now, though it's hard to say as Yoichi Wada is no longer the CEO, so maybe that mentality of giving a s*** about fans and keeping up DLC server code that costs them literally nothing except for 20s a week to assure it's still present and passes data corruption checks, has changed? I don't know.

The reason I asked how far in, is because I imagine it's quite a long game and I might not have enough time to get to that point any time soon. I also asked if once downloaded, do they carry over to a new game? I don't mean like having them from the start but rather say you downloaded, made a new save (or overwrite your current one) and say the Nintendo pulled support, would they still be available? Still waiting on the answer.

Looks like I'll have to go online to get a few of the games I'm after. 3DS appears to be dying here in NZ. There are barely any games around anymore. I can't find a single copy of Dragon Quest 8, Kid Icarus or Kirby Robo anywhere.

Luigi's Mansion 1 is coming out this year. That's good to know. I don't have the Gamecube version.

View user profile

7 Re: DS/3DS games on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am

Birdman

I couldn't find any official screen protectors in my area, so I bought a pack from some unknown, half-assed looking brand being all that was available. The one I put on the touchscreen made it unable to be used and I had to remove it. What a piece of shit.

I started Metroid anyway but saved after a few rooms. Will continue tomorrow as I don't have work and maybe make a topic once I understand the mechanics a bit more.

View user profile

8 Re: DS/3DS games on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:26 am

Birdman

Bought Ever Oasis. It was the only copy left in my area. Nintendo NEVER restock their stuff in my country.

I'm not going to play Spirit Tracks again. Can't stand games where I have to use the stylus for EVERYTHING. Tap to move, twice to dodge roll, swipes or spinning motions to do attacks (basic ones so all the time) and having to blow into the mic to activate that wind thing. Not doing this anymore. It's nonsense and I don't understand why Nintendo is obsessed with this shit.

In Metroid SR, it's limited. You can do everything with buttons except for changing your beam, though the icons are positioned on the right side of the touchscreen, right beside the face buttons. You can tap them with your thumb but even that can be annoying because sometimes it doesn't register.

Roy, does A Link Between Worlds also require you to use the stylus to attack?

View user profile

9 Re: DS/3DS games on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 am

> Roy, does A Link Between Worlds also require you to use the stylus to attack?
Not that I recall! I think it was a pretty classical style of Zelda. Just like playing A Link to the Past on your SNES.

10 Re: DS/3DS games on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:00 am

Birdman

Quit Samus Returns and trying out Chibi Robo Zip Lash.

It's a side scroller and Chibi Robo uses his plug and cord as whip to attack enemies and get around the levels such as using it to hover like a helicopter or attaching it to certain surfaces and zooming up.

Ive only done the first stage but Im enjoying it so far.
There are things to collect like trash and coins which contribute to your score so there's some replayability.

Disgustingly, the amiibo is required to acces world 7. Lucky I bought the game+amiibo bundle when it was on sale.

View user profile

11 Re: DS/3DS games on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:57 am

Birdman

I get the feeling I won't stick with this game either. Very simple side scrolling with boring combat and tons of collectibles. You can get these toys from a vending machine by doing something with the amiibo. It can level up or something but I got sick of scanning it and it asks like 3 times just to do one thing.

What have I got left? Hey Pikmin, Zelda OoT, Ever Oasis, and Luigi's Mansion 2.

I played a little of Okamiden the other day. I often mention Okami on this site as one of my favorite games of all time but I never speak of Okamiden, a DS exclusive. I have 100% finished it, but I wanted to check the NG+. It offers a few costumes and a new weapon.

I really want to play Ever Oasis, but it's an action RPG with town development and stuff so I can imagine if I like it, I'll be at it for a while.

View user profile

12 Re: DS/3DS games on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:03 am

Birdman

Yikes. This really makes me never want to touch this game. I have OoT on 3DS, and was considering grabbing this (it's forever $80 here though) but after this video I don't think I will.

If you have 24 mins spares check it out. It goes over all the changes in detail. Couldn't find one for OoT. I wonder if it's just as bad.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum