Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What a time to be alive!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 am

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Dude it looks SO GOOD!!! Capcom won E3 this year as far as I'm concerned. They're slowly returning to Capgod status with these games! Hopefully there will be some fixed camera goodness somewhere in there, but if not, the game looks fucking incredible. What an amazing E3! We still haven't gotten to Nintendo yet!

EDIT: Forgot to say, but Leon looks so damn good in this game! Best looking character on the RE Engine for sure.

3Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If the leak is correct, you can choose from the beginning if you want to play "RE4 style" or "Classic style", with the game adapting its leveldesign and enemy encounters a bit to the setting. If that's the case, I will jump through the roof. It looks insanely good. I feel like a kid again that picked up GameQuest magazine at the store and was amazed by RE4 screenshots.

Love the redesigned Mister X too, curious if we'll get a A&B campaign setup, or if Claire will be DLC? Trailer really seems focused on Leon.

If I had to nitpick, it is that it isn't Paul Mercier as Leon. But the new guy, and look, works well too. And it was great to see the cops again, so many references! God I cannot wait!

4Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

They better not sell campaigns as DLC or be episodic. RE6 managed just fine with how many campaigns?

5Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Nevermind, Claire was in one of the trailers and also in the cover-art. Leak confirms the game to be LeonA and ClaireB - sadly no ClaireA and LeonB (which I always thought was canon).

6Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Geez would it kill them to add all the content a freakin' PS1 game had? It was largely in the same areas so it can't be that hard.

Wonder what they're going to do with the aiming? Free aim wouldn't work with zombie rules.

7Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think the shooting is RE4 style; which would make Zombies pretty easy but the game is really filled to the brim with faster enemies like Lickers and Hunters, so should stay interesting. In terms of content, we'll see!

8Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Zombies still made up the main bulk of enemies though and the their main threat was how they are positioned in tight hallways, around corners or in groups serving as bullet sponge roadblocks that control space.

If they go by zombie rules (even stated in RE2), they have to go down with a single headshot. If not it's gonna look really weird. If they start weaving and ducking that would just be awful.

Perhaps they could simply add more zombies so that even with headshots you'll still be hard pressed but that would probably require too many. Maybe make ammo super limited? I don't know.

Yeah, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total

9Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Could be that they go with the mechanic seen in some other zombie games where shooting a head only breaks a part of it, and you need a full decapitation to get the kill (I forget which game this was). Revelations also used this camera with slow moving zombies and it worked pretty well thanks to the small corridors, which seem back in full force here.

Some more information:

About
The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?

Key Features

• A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
  • A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
  • Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
  • Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
  • Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
  • See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie
    epidemic.
  • Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/06/resident-evil-2-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc#goSySRGd31mroSKX.99

10Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Some more information to be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/8qf2ar/resident_evil_2_remake_announcement_megathread/

Pre-order Bonuses (PS4 so far): Digital pre-order bonus:
Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
Leon Costume: 'Noir'
Claire Costume: 'Military'
Claire Costume: 'Noir'
Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

Apparently costumes are DLC sadly, at least so far. Hope it just means early access and the ability to unlock them. Classic Capcom... I do hope for maybe an extra set of costumes that showcase their original designs and maybe RE4 Leon with jacket. Cool to see an Elza Walker costume though.

11Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles. Hell maybe they could even do first person as well. They would have to put a lot of effort into making sure it works though. The game play would have to be completely different. If it's true, they may sell it as DLC down the line unfortunately. However if it's done well I won't mind too much. I wish Paul Mercier would come back! Hands-down the best voice for Leon, but having said that, this new guy sounds just like Paul Haddad from the OG RE2 so this is a great throwback (it may even be Haddad lol). Mercier did say that he couldn't confirm or deny if he was involved with REmake 2, so who knows? Maybe he's playing someone else.

Birdman, I hate to say it but stuff like Tofu and Hunk is probably going to be DLC, just like how RE7 cut short sections of the game out to sell later. I don't think free aim will be a problem though; the ammo will probably just be super limited like you said, and I highly doubt Leon is going to be suplexing zombies this time around haha

The bit about DLC costumes is a shame, but not the end of the world. However, if I don't see bomber jacket Leon in this game I'm gonna be pissed. It would look so good in the RE Engine.

12Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles.
Well, get your flip ready since it is officially confirmed. They made this decision at the start and the whole game is built around it apparently, it is like two different 'game modes' basically.

13Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Royta/Raeng wrote:I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles.
Well, get your flip ready since it is officially confirmed. They made this decision at the start and the whole game is built around it apparently, it is like two different 'game modes' basically.

Well it seems kind of up in the air right now. I've only heard speculation and a random tweet or two confirming two styles. I know that leak has been mostly true so I believe they put it in but I haven't heard anything from an official Capcom source yet. So I'm remaining skeptical until I see it in bold print from Capcom. My lid is ready to be flipped though! Twisted Evil

14Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

-Kajiwotore- wrote:
Royta/Raeng wrote:I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles.

Well it seems kind of up in the air right now. I've only heard speculation and a random tweet or two confirming two styles. I know that leak has been mostly true so I believe they put it in but I haven't heard anything from an official Capcom source yet. So I'm remaining skeptical until I see it in bold print from Capcom. My lid is ready to be flipped though! Twisted Evil

I need to real it in. Apparently it was noted on the Japanese Capcom site, but this was a mistranslation. Japanese, you know how it is. It translated to "allow you to play over the shoulder and experience it the old way". Some thought that meant Classic Camera. It is very vague. We'll see!

15Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

If true, I wonder if the mechanics will be the same. Free aiming cant work with a fixed camera.

I wonder if they're going to limit mobility too?

16Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 am

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Roy- That's what I figured. I really hope it has the option but considering they haven't advertised it at all I don't think the chances are great. The demo at E3 doesn't have any such option either. In any case, the game looks phenomenal, and those who have played it said it was awesome. We're in for a great ride either way.

Birdman- They would have to basically create a whole new gameplay system with lock on targeting, and less aggressive enemies. It's definitely possible, but it's also a lot of work. If it was planned from day 1 I don't think it's unrealistic at all. We'll know for sure soon enough.

17Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

18 min gameplay.

18Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

WHAT????

19Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Game looks absolutely amazing. I'm a bit bummed to see the RE7 interface return, and its item management. Wonder if we'll get chests again to store items. As I thought, shooting zombies in the head rips off chunks but doesn't kill them immediately. Good design imo! Motion looks really fluid. Really feels like the Hookman build from RE4. Though I know it wouldn't fit I kind of miss the melee. Wonder if it will run at 60fps on a regular PS4.
Love how the health is only really noticable in the menu; nice oldsk00l touch.

One big change, and one I feel is a stroke of genius that Mikami will be proud of: ammo for your knife, technically. The knife has a durability and drains on use. You can also use it as a defensive knife ala REmake1, which costs more durability. I think this is a really good concept. While I love the knife in other games and TEW2, once you master it the whole survival aspect is down the drain - since ammo is never an issue anymore. Happy to see the weird puzzles return too. Wonder if we can inspect Wesker's desk 50 times...

NOTE: that player really doesn't know how to aim haha!

20Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's pretty much exactly like you said it would be lol. So the headshot thing is like The Evil Within then.

Knife mechanic looks interesting, though I missed the part where it says it has durability. I only saw it say you can use it as a defensive weapon to prevent damage, but it stays stuck in the enemy until you defeat them and get it back.

Where's the creepy music though? That made the game.

Edit: Also didn't he pass the Licker hallway? I was waiting for it but it didn't show up. I guess it's due to being an early build?

21Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I just read that you can only get the original soundtrack by preordering.

So that's costume and music DLC in addition to less scenarios. I bet we won't get Tofu or Hunk either.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

22Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Headshots
The Evil Within, jup. That's the game I meant. I just couldn't remember which one it was from.

> lickerhallway
I think they gave a special e3 build. The licker hallway was in the trailer, but I think this is just a short little stand alone demo made for the conference.

> DLC
I at least hope that if there is DLC by pre-order, that you can get it later manually. The Netherlands generally doesn't get pre-order deals, so those things aren't available here at all.

23Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

We get them but they are ridiculously priced. I wont buy dlc ridden games like this anymore. Might just rent this one and if it turns out to be amazing I might buy it regardless of the garbage dlc scamming.

24Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Well one piece of good news regarding extra content: Tofu and Hunk will be included at launch! As much as I would want those costumes and the original music as well, I think these two scenarios are more important. I was afraid they would have cut these like the RE7 tapes.

Also, the giant Alligator is coming back! Not sure why there was such a kerfuffle about whether or not it would return, but now you know.

I didn't really mind the UI and prompts in RE7, but in third person it makes the screen look really cluttered. Hopefully they reduce the size of those before it releases. Kind of takes you out of the experience. Also regarding 60 FPS, considering RE7 runs at 60 on base Xbox and PS4, and considering how DMC5 will run at 60 across the board, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

25Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:43 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not sure why there was such a kerfuffle about whether or not it would return, but now you know.

The comments about the alligator are absurd. Seems that had a genuine struggle about including it.

Makes me worried about what else they've decided to remove.

26Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I heard about Hunk and Tofu, really interested to see these return. The reason I was a bit on the fence was the current trend of taking older games that were jokes, too seriously. Final Fantasy VII Remake will no doubt remove the crossdressing scene or that awkward date in favor of moody emo brooding. I was afraid the same would happen here.

In terms of framerate, I hope so. 60 FPS would be even more gold. Capcom tends to have really good engines that are well optimized, here's hoping!

27Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Their comment about the alligator was weird though.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

28Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident-Evil-2_2018_10-09-18_005-noscale

Sigh.... no unlockables again. All day-one DLC.

29Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Might just rent and wait for a complete edition then.

30Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

This all comes with the 'deluxe' version that costs extra at launch. Greedy fucks. I'll get it on launch of course since I'm like that, I want this game so bad. But I feel used...

31Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Filthy DLC supporter.

But then, I'm buying SC6 which from what I hear, has on disc DLC. I'm not buying the season pass though. No need when the only character I use is already in. Will wait for the eventual complete edition for anything else.

32Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ha, true. Usually I practice what I preach, but this time I cannot hold it in...

33Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:45 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It is a big deal, so I get it.

I might grab the standard edition. I need a new horror game. The Evil Within 2 REALLY did it for me especially with that open part in chapter 3. I was so tense the whole time especially when I triggered the ghost.

Not than I want RE to go open world, but it would be cool if we could do more exploring in the streets. Would be cool if there was a similar mechanic to what Outbreak had with zombie swarms you had to hide from.

34Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The game will actually have unlockable costumes, one being Leon's classical outfit, the other Claire's classical costume; both from the original. Strangely enough Claire's shows more skin than before, as they removed the shirt.

35Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Anyone played the demo yet? Im downloading it now.

Just finished. You only get 30 mins then it can never be played again. Assholes.

I won't spoil anything.

36Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Not touching that since I really want to play the full game and not spoil myself. I do however have a few questions:

- frame-rate?
- does it run stable?
- how does the knife work?

37Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Because of the stupid time limit, I didn't really get to test anything.

I can tell you I had two knives in my inventory, and they have a little bar beneath them indicating their durability. No idea how long they last, though I did see some posts today. Looked like complaints about them breaking too fast.

It's on L1 (aim is R2) so you can whip it out without having to equip it, though it's not as fast as say, RE4.

I've never had a good eye for framerate stuff unless it's super awful. It was pretty dark but I didn't notice anything off. I might not be the best to ask because I'm also using a launch PS4 lol.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total

38Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Just finished playing it! Here's some quick thoughts:

Framerate is a Smooth 60FPS, even on my base PS4. Some tiny drops here and there, but this is also a demo from E3, so I'm sure they may have tightened it up a bit, and even if they haven't it's not really noticable.

Too much ammo. By the end of the demo I had like 70 handgun bullets, plus 5 shotgun rounds lol

Amazing sound design, all the zombie grunts and glass shattering will make you want to get the hell away from whatever is chasing you. Play with headphones if you can.

Graphics, and lighting are also amazing.

Shooting feels great, and the limb degradation is awesome.

Knife is able to be used like the RE4 knife, but it is a limited resource, so if you decide to use it when a zombie attacks you it's gone.

Game in general is super smooth and doesn't waste your time. Menus and UI is simple and snappy, picking up ammo is almost instantaneous, letting you get right back to the game, and Leon feels great to control as well.

Lots of little secrets and optional lockers, and optional locked doors that you can return to later for some goodies.

I think that's most of what I have to say right now. In conclusion it's fucking awesome, and the game needs to come out NOW.

Also, you can play the demo as many times as you want. Just make a new PSN account real quick and play it again. I have 5 accounts, so I technically have 2 and a half hours to play with it.

39Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Fantastic news on the 60fps, I heard lots of talk this was a PRO exclusive feature and I don't have a PRO either. Otherwise, I'll wait for my copy. Not going to spoil myself further. This is going to be great! :)

40Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:57 pm

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

The RE engine is awesome man. Just like MT Framework: Great visuals, great performance.

Also, if you use your knife when a zombie attacks, you can pick it back up again, but the knife will eventually break. I forgot to mention that.

Edit: Okay so apparently it runs at 45FPS on PS4 base. Whatever. It's still very smooth, and you won't realize the difference. Even if you did, you'll probably enjoy the game so much that you'll forget about it after a minute.

41Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've seen some complaints about the controls, but I think they've done a good job keeping it slow while still modern. I think you might have even less movement than The Evil Within.

I figured headshots (at least with the handgun) wouldn't mean a whole lot.

Also saw a video showing a dodge mechanic.

The barricade mechanics are interesting. So there's going to be a real, constant threat of things climbing through windows. You can't remove them once placed (not that I know of) so there's going to be some management involved.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

42Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Got 'spoiled' about the little trailer reveal near the end. Cannot wait!

43Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:48 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

The shooting looks super clunky in this one. It looks like a slightly better revelations which really disappointed me. It seems like it doesn't know if it wants to be classic RE or action RE.
I would rather replay RE2 or RE4. I will probably get around to it on sale one day. Maybe it will be amazing though, I guess we'll see. I heard there was a fixed camera mode, if that had classic lock on targeting, that would be more enjoyable to me, I think.

44Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I didn't find it bad, but it was a bit weird at first.

I think it's the way if you turn, the camera doesn't stay behind you and you have to move it yourself, unless there was some way to center it that I missed?

I figured there would be that issue of modernizing an ancient RE where you have aiming and movable camera vs slow moving zombies. Looks like they've made them a bit spongey and headshots don't seem to mean a whole lot though this is based on limited exp with the demo.

Did anyone try shooting out knees and such?

45Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I believe you can center the camera with R3. Shooting knees/legs does indeed work, even better than headshots.

Here’s a couple things I noticed:
-Using a knife as a defensive item degrades the bar by about 25%.
-Two zombies can grab you at once, removing the ability to defend yourself with the knife.
-Seems like zombies are only truly dead if the Head is completely destroyed. I went back through areas and every zombie that didn’t their head blown apart was coming back after me in some way.
-I shot both the arms off one zombie and it didn’t seem like it could grab me.
-You can skip almost every cutscene, including Leon crawling under the gate.
-There’s multiple paths to complete the demo past a certain point.

I can’t wait for this game. Only a week left now! I can’t believe it’s almost here, still feels like I’m dreaming.

46Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Two zombies can grab you at once, removing the ability to defend yourself with the knife.
Now there's something interesting. I wonder if you can be grabbed by the leg by a crawler, while in a standing grab?

Speaking of leg grabs, I noticed Leon no longer stomps them. Or is it a special command now?

I shot both the arms off one zombie and it didn’t seem like it could grab me.
What did they do? Just keep walking into you? Makes sense though. Very nice detail.

What did you think of the barricade mechanic?

47Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>stomp
I couldn’t find a way to do it. Maybe it’s been removed? My guess is since they gave the knife a durability meter they want every attack to drain a resource.

>armless zombie
I was fighting two others while this one was just kind of stumbling around me, I didn’t leave it go as long as I should have. I’ll boot up the demo again and try again.

>barricade
Seems really cool. I wonder if barricading certain spots will force more enemies to go to other locations. I like that you can’t remove them either(or it doesn’t seem like you can anyway).

Sent from Topic'it App

48Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I put one on a window near a staircase because I saw a zombie outside, but there were already bars of some sort on the window so I completely wasted it lol. Couldn't find anyway to remove it. Maybe there's a tool you find later, or you just have to be careful with your placements.

will force more enemies to go to other locations.
That would be interesting.
I wonder if they keep coming in or only when you clear them out? Would be crazy to come back to a hallway and find it completely crowded with 20 zombies. I wonder if other enemies will make use of windows.

Looks like zombies can bash open doors now too. Maybe these can also be barricaded.

49Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>other enemies
I can only imagine lickers flooding in through a window haha. It would make sense since that’s how you first catch a glimpse of one. Speaking of other enemies, I wonder if the spiders will be in this one. I’m hoping they’re in, despite the fact that I hate spiders. The ones in Okami were especially bad.

>breaking through doors
Yeah, this is cool too. I wonder if they can do this while you’re solving a puzzle? Would really put the pressure on.

Sent from Topic'it App

50Resident Evil 2 Remake Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I can only imagine lickers flooding in through a window haha.
Makes sense for higher floors though now that stairs and rooms don't load as separate areas, they should be able to move freely. Would be cool if they just wandered freely so you never know when you're going to run into something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum