You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome new members (introduction topic)

+60
Fattah86
Golden_GustVerse
Omar73874928271728
Nuclear Sorrow
Paul Allen's Profile
Warship
nepu47
Rorc
Lulcielid
herodeath99
TripleSMoon
Akrasia
correojon
Jackie Estacado
Black Adam
mageknight14
Setnaro X
Memes of Monsoon
Maddison Baek
Red Starless Sky
Hyperfist/Malcar
GN1
Dettless
TheBurningPunch
MDP
Tyr
GodModeGOD
HotPocketHPE
Lacquerware
invisigoth1013
AeternalSolitude
hebass
NiceNinja
TaiTsurugi
vert1
TheFirmament1
Phoenix Wright
Anti_FANBOY
Bambooness
The_Lord_of_Zeal
Hicho9
RedShot
KSubzero1000
Gregorinho
Infinity_Divide
Nadster
hedfone
Gouf
5does
Lemmy
Shane
Khayyaam
Cryoshock
Phorus1987
Delvix000
Royta/Raeng
Dark_Blood_NG
AKheon
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
64 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

501Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:02 am

Golden_GustVerse

Golden_GustVerse
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Welcome!

Curious to know, you seem to have come into the genre quite later than most here, how'd you make the jump and gain such interest in it?

Thanks for asking!
Interest accumulated overtime through Youtube. Since I loved MGR:R, I got a lot of recommendations on memes and music. That's how I discovered DMC and other action titles, after all Bury the Light is such a banger of a song. Most importantly, I gained interest through video essays. Foxcade, SphereHunter, CodexEntry, and more, I kept getting these video essays and found them interesting. That's how I learned of different action titles and got enough information to decide whether I wanted to play them or not.

It must be said while MGR:R planted that desire to chase combat high, getting into DMC essentially trained a new mindset in me. Not to say MGR:R was easy (it wasn't for me 1st time), but DMC 3/4 were on different level of tough. I wanted to get good. After growing in skill, these games successfully integrated the desire to be stylish in combat.

That's also in conjuction with my psychological need to escape my current reality and the need to express myself in some way. I needed a creative outlet. Normally after consuming a piece of media I have the desire to study it and make something of my own that pays homage to it.

I was interested in writing and enjoyed videos on writing characters. I wouldn't know MGR:R without that. After playing MGR:R of course I had a feeling that it was the best thing ever and justified playing other games as "learning" cause I want to make my own action game of sorts.

My journey is weird, convoluted and largely strays far from how others got into the genre. If I didn't want to make a game imitating MGR:R maybe I wouldn't play DMC in the first place. Your website really helped me too, I got into game design, found my way into a stinger magazine somehow and found gold.

So I hope we have lots of good discussion here. Unfortunately, the difference in time zones as well as college really fucks with the timing on when I can engage with a person real-time. That's pretty much it, further topics I will ask are fueled by this need. Again, thanks for asking! It's quite relieving.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

As noted, it's a forum, so don't worry about it. It can at times be quiet here, no posts for a few days or even weeks. We all have jobs, lives, school, families - so no need to apologize or whatever. We're all patient here :) Hell, I have a kid on the way in 6 weeks, so don't expect much out of me for a bit haha.

> found your way to stinger and struck gold
First off, great to hear that the articles still strike a cord. How'd you find the site do you remember? I'm always interested in hearing that haha

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Golden_GustVerse

Golden_GustVerse
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:As noted, it's a forum, so don't worry about it. It can at times be quiet here, no posts for a few days or even weeks. We all have jobs, lives, school, families - so no need to apologize or whatever. We're all patient here :) Hell, I have a kid on the way in 6 weeks, so don't expect much out of me for a bit haha.

> found your way to stinger and struck gold
First off, great to hear that the articles still strike a cord. How'd you find the site do you remember? I'm always interested in hearing that haha

I remember you mentioned the kid) congrats!

I don't quite remember how I found your website, I think I was scrolling through game design articles, specifically action games on gamedeveloper.com or something. Then went through links and found yours at a certain point.

Golden_GustVerse

Golden_GustVerse
D-Rank

@Royta/Raeng

I think I remember now. It was an article about what action games can learn from Doom, I consider this your magnum opus of a post. Brilliant.

505Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:44 am

Fattah86

Fattah86
D-Rank

Hello everyone. Hopefully by joining this forum, we can have some nice discussion on not just action games, but games in general. A little difficult to do that these days. I've already known some of the members here (Wright, Raeng etc.), so that's good.

506Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:36 am

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

Oh Hi, I remember you from Zesty's chat. Welcome, Welcome!

507Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hey Fattah! Nice to see you made the jump to here, great to see :) Welcome!

Fattah86

Fattah86
D-Rank

Paul Allen:

Howdy, I think I've seen you in Zesty's chat too. His OHKO streams were legendary.

Raeng:

Nice to see you too mate. One of these days, I still need to go back to NG2 and do single-weapon runs. I've only done that for two weapons.

509Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:24 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Hello Fattah. Nice to see another NG2CHAD join the forum.

>NG2 single-weapon runs
Have to try them myself someday.

510Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:55 am

Fattah86

Fattah86
D-Rank

I recognized that pfp, Hyperfist. Hello, fellow NG2CHAD. Yes, single-weapon runs are very fun, you learn about the game a whole lot more, and you're not committing CBT on yourself like challenge runs.

511Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> single weaponruns
Only did a few myself, Dragon Sword, Dual Kats and Claws. Working on Kusari currently but got a bit burned out so took a break. I do them all on Master Ninja on my NG+billion run, so I can just skip the tedious stuff like Gigadeath and Worm by firing 10+ Void Ninpos at it haha. Not interested in wasting my time on those fights anymore. Only did the Dragon Sword one fresh.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Welcome, Fattah. Glad to see that you decided to join this great place.

>NG2 talk
One day. I'll join in.

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Hey all! I am glad to be joining you guys. Looking forward to interesting discussions. I can already recognize some familiar faces here, mainly from interactions about GoW and challenge running. My go-to genre is racing, but I like action games as well.

I am currently deep into GoW challenge running. Finished GoW II and GoS No Upgrade Runs. Did GoW I No Upgrade Run+ No Chest Run. Recently, I have created a custom mod for GoW II that drains resources until you die. Been doing a challenge run with it, and it has been spicy so far (and goofy).

I also like Vanquish very much. Haven't done God Hard yet, but can confidently say that the game rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGYfivScsd_EreejRUraXlA

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome Kira!

> another GoW player
Is there a high-level GoW player promoting the site? Not hating, just curious. You're all very welcome here since GoW challenge running is the highest form of art imo (or, close to). Just noticing a small influx of GoW related players.

> likes Vanquish
You're especially welcome by that alone. I met SBK and GMG through that game, fantastic title. God Hard will make a man out of you.

515Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:18 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Thanks!

>GoW player promoting this site
I have certainly came across it before. When looking for some data Mr Wright has here. Maybe recent GoW players find out about Stinger from YT somehow?

>Vanquish
Well, it is a different beast. I am looking at your shotgun-only run as a guide of sorts. I really need to get back and do this. Too busy with GoW stuff right now.

>Met GMG and SBK through Vanquish
What a rewarding game man

516Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:22 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Welcome, Kira. Another Chad GoW challenge runner is joining. Very glad to see this.

>promoting
Maybe someone from Zesty's streams mentioned or gave the link.

517Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:30 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Yoo Wright. So good to see familiar people. This place already feels like home.

>Promotion
You once told me about it when I was looking for GoW I data. Around the time when the desert siren launch was being inspected. Later, I got another notice from buddies (registered as Egyptian Slayer here). I know Stinger was mentioned in Zesty's chat sometime as well.

518Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>it was me
Now that you mention it, yes, I believe I did so. Just wasn't sure because YT usually hates links, so not sure what I ended up doing.

Either way, enjoy your stay.

Fattah86

Fattah86
D-Rank

Wright:

All in due time.

Also, welcome aboard, Kira. Good to have you here. What a coincidence you joined right after I did the same.

520Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:25 pm

Kira

Kira
D-Rank

Yo Fattah. Nice to se you here as well.

>Coincidence
A welcome one

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

Fattah:

I've riled up chat with my DMC comment hah. I'm not that frequent in Zesty's streams, but I hope to have good convo here as well.

terraria83_2

D-Rank

Hello, I dont have that many incredible achievments in challenge running at all but I find it fun. The game I focus the most on is mgr. Ive spent most of my time in speedrunning but then I got interested in challenge runs too. I think thats about it for the introduction? sorry if im missing some crucial piece of information that I shouldve put here too.

523Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 11 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome! I started with MGR:R eons ago too, so you're in good company!

Prox0451

Prox0451
D-Rank

Hi, I hate vidja games.

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Prox0451 wrote:Hi, I hate vidja games.

Yo, Enigma?

Prox0451

Prox0451
D-Rank

SultanHayabusa wrote:

Yo, Enigma?
Wow, that's literally me.

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Prox0451 wrote:
SultanHayabusa wrote:

Yo, Enigma?

Lol welcome bro, you hopping on jak 3 soon? How was Jak II the GOAT?

Prox0451

Prox0451
D-Rank

SultanHayabusa wrote:
Prox0451 wrote:
SultanHayabusa wrote:

Yo, Enigma?

Lol welcome bro, you hopping on jak 3 soon? How was Jak II the GOAT?
I played a little bit of Jak 3, its pretty good so far. As for Jak 2, 5 out of 5 stars.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Damn, didn't think you'd make the jump! Welcome brother!

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Yo Enigma's here. Good to see you oomfie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum