You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome new members (introduction topic)

+60
Fattah86
Golden_GustVerse
Omar73874928271728
Nuclear Sorrow
Paul Allen's Profile
Warship
nepu47
Rorc
Lulcielid
herodeath99
TripleSMoon
Akrasia
correojon
Jackie Estacado
Black Adam
mageknight14
Setnaro X
Memes of Monsoon
Maddison Baek
Red Starless Sky
Hyperfist/Malcar
GN1
Dettless
TheBurningPunch
MDP
Tyr
GodModeGOD
HotPocketHPE
Lacquerware
invisigoth1013
AeternalSolitude
hebass
NiceNinja
TaiTsurugi
vert1
TheFirmament1
Phoenix Wright
Anti_FANBOY
Bambooness
The_Lord_of_Zeal
Hicho9
RedShot
KSubzero1000
Gregorinho
Infinity_Divide
Nadster
hedfone
Gouf
5does
Lemmy
Shane
Khayyaam
Cryoshock
Phorus1987
Delvix000
Royta/Raeng
Dark_Blood_NG
AKheon
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
64 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> new member
> plays NG
Be welcomed!

What game made you want to join up?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Akrasia

Akrasia
D-Rank

Thanks.
NG2 mostly, seems to be the most discussed game overall and I've been it replaying lately. Got a bit burnt out though as I've done two MN playthroughs in less than two weeks and the last run was tilting at times but also helped to learn a few things!

453Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Always cool to see NG2 talk, be sure to join in. It's such a glorious game, you doing NG+ runs or fresh ones?

Akrasia

Akrasia
D-Rank

The first run was on an "NG+" but with level 1 weapons and ninpo at the start. Hadnt played the game for half a year and it was my 2nd MN playthrough overall so felt like I need a "crutch". Having IS and the Bow from the get go surely helps in some of the parts.  Planned to experiment with other weapons but ended up relying on DS for the most part - cant imagine myself ever beating any NG game without it honestly. Cheesed Liz with talons though, she's probably the worst boss for me. The other goal was to beat the game with a base health bar but I had also given up on the idea around halfway through, died way too many times to Gaja's tail strike and at Dagra Dai I just decided to resource dump him with the remaining upgrades. Other than that I didnt upgrade Lunar at all as its a weapon I used to rely on a lot, imo it's really good even without its UTs. Tried not to use UT's outside of the parts I find impossible to do normally and I think I succeeded at least there even if I died a lot.

The second run was a fresh one and I think I've died more times than on previous two playthroughs combined. Decided to commit to the idea of a base health bar & use some new weapon (at least in some parts) as well as the no ut abuse/lunar and it was depressing at times as I also tried to backtrack less often to the checkpoints. I picked Kusarigama in Ch 5 and it took me a while to get the hang of it but it's a fun and a pretty strong one, though not as easy as DS or Lunar. Love hows its grab moves are iframed but arent considered an OT so you can still get blue/red essence against humanoids. It's air moves are pretty powerful too and I like that in-air X puts you into an on land state and lets you buffer "running X/Y" which are good even if a bit slow.
I also had made a big mistake by skipping one of the easier tovs (ch 7) that rewards with a Ninpo Upgrade. The rematch with Volf was really frustrating because of that as my Inferno was really weak against centaurs and there were too many of them so I had to spam unupgraded Scythe's UT to clear them. And Volf himself is pretty frustrating to fight "normally".
The last run was also quite glitchy for me so it kind of soured the experience too but in general I am happy to be done with it. Will do another "restricted" playthrough some other time and hope to learn more stuff about the game. This time I learnt that Alexei's tornado can be cancelled with a FS which will put him into a stun state. Really handy when he enters his berserk mode. And I noticed a REALLY weird thing about chapter8 (Moscow): in the first few fights just delimbing the missile launcher guys is enough to trigger the spawn of another group. And it doesn't happen anywhere else in the game. THis game can be weird at times.

TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon
D-Rank

Hey all! Just here for cool action game talk. My favorite is Bayonetta, but I also like a lot of other platinum games and Devil May Cry, and am slowly making my way through others as well.

Bayonetta as a series has been like, taking over my gaming life for pushing on a year now, since I've been running up through Infinite Climax and learning how to really play with all three games.

https://www.youtube.com/@TripleSMoon

456Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:03 am

GN1

B-Rank

I still haven't played the DMC games and Bayonetta (only played the prologue and first 2 chapters of Bayonetta), but as a Ninja Gaiden fan I have really high hopes from Bayonetta thanks to its fast paced gameplay and aggressive ememies. I loved the Jeanne fight in chapter 2 and I heard it only gets better from there, gimmick sections aside.

Aside from Ninja Gaiden, I'd also recommend the Clover studio games, Viewtiful Joe and God Hand. Both of them are very creative, unique and challenging, and I just love how dodges work in both of them.

I also tried Hi-Fi Rush and really enjoyed it so it's another one I'd recommend. I plan doing my first playthrough this weekend and I will share my thoughts about it.

herodeath99

herodeath99
D-Rank

Hello, I've been lurking here for about half a year now and I've decided to finally introduce myself. I mostly play NG2 and Nioh 2 but right now I'm currently playing Dead Space games and occasionally making progress on a dual swords only master ninja run. I'm planning on playing ZoE2 and vanquish at some point but that will probably be after the RE4 remake. I probably won't post that much because I'm still relatively new to action games (only been playing them for about a year) and I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about before I speak.

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>herodeath99

post all you want bud, don't worry about saying stupid shit-- that's all i do and i don't let that stop me!

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Damn, two new users. Welcome!

And as John noted, please just talk and have fun. We're all in this together to enjoy these games to their fullest!

> herodeath
> NG2 + ZoE2 on the list
Hell yeah!

460Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:21 pm

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

Technically made the account over a month ago, I think, but only now started looking deeper into the site. Nice to have a dedicated action-games hub!

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Awesome to hear, welcome and glad you decided to participate! Welcome :)

Rorc

Rorc
D-Rank

Greetings. Stumbled onto this place from PN03, just another reason to adore that game. Loving the chill vibe, refreshing after years of watching hack'n'slash discussions imitate their subject matter. I play action games of all stripes but it's Stranger of Paradise pushing me from lurking to posting, it's so good I can't not talk about it Very Happy

463Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:10 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hey Rorc, welcome (and with a great Spidey MvC avatar no less). Great to see you around!

> Loving the chill vibe, refreshing after years of watching hack'n'slash discussions imitate their subject matter.
hahahahah!

> SoP
I just got into WoLong and I'm hearing a lot of players I respect jibe heavily with SoP so it's on my list too. Please talk about it, I'd love to read it!

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

welcome, welcome

>Loving the chill vibe

yeah me too haha definitely, just make sure to skip over a few back-and-forth exchanges between myself and Lenz in my Souls retrospective thread. no reason really, it's just boring is all, i wouldn't wanna bore ya.

this forum is getting so popular that i think i need to make a club on here for the true veterans of the site like myself. i'm thinking something like "OG Stinger Club" or "Seasoned Stinger Club" and maybe Roy could hook us up with special ranks and emblems under our avatars so all the newbies can immediately recognize us by it. the cut-off point should be, i don't know... October 12 of 2022, yeah that sounds right. so any members who joined on or after that day won't qualify.

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

Hello, everybody.

I am nepu47 from twitter. I used to talk about games & anime in that platform, But recently that service had so many bugs so I moved here.

I played video games from 7th generation, but I discovered more classic games recently, like I played doom and system shock 1 on 2018~2020. What I wanna say is, I am not that deep at historical context but I like to play good old games as much as new modern games. (TMI : My first console was PS3, and I bought 4 titles with it. Uncharted 2, Heavy rain, Demons` souls, Metal Gear Solid 4. All of them mold my gamer preference even I don`t like former 2 titles now)

My favorite action games are The Ninja Warriors : Once Again, Sifu, Ninja Gaiden 2. I like to fight with multiple enemies, I like to have various deffensive options, I like more simpler control scheme being able to make wide-range outcomes("deep mechanisms with simple input"). So, In my eyes, TNWOA is the perfect action game.

Talking about other genres, I also like stealth games. I am a big fan of Kojima Hideo so I like all of mgs titiles. Thief 2 is wonderful, and Styx 2 follows a inch behind imo. I like Splinter cell : Chaos theory and Blacklist, Hitman : World of the assassin(+blood money, of course).

I currently play NG2 master ninja difficulty, Metroid Prime remaster, both on the first runthrough.

I found that discussions about Evil West are very short, and the discussion about Rollerdrome does not exist on this forum, So I would post about them later. Of course, because I enjoyed them very much in last year!

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

466Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:57 am

GN1

B-Rank

As someone who also started getting into action games around 2020 it's great to see more players trying to discover the genre!

I beat Metroid Prime 1 once, fantastic game that is up for a replay. NG2 needs no further explanation here lol, and in case you haven't played it already, Ninja Gaiden Black is also a must play.

I'd also highly recommend both Viewtiful Joe and God Hand, they are both really challenging and very unique in their own ways.

MGS is a series I still need to get into, although I loved the few hours I've played of 5 and the multiplayer of 3.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> true veterans
> cutoff point is your join date
Got a laugh out of me ngl

> achievements
You joke, but that honestly sounds pretty cool. Apparently this forum supports it. I'll do some more in the future but I gave myself one that's sure to give you a smile.

@Nepu
Again, welcome man! Great that you made the jump to here, hope you won't be stranger!

You mentioend Uncharted btw, did you play 4?

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

> Uncharted 4

I played it and I liked it a lot. It has nice open spaces, and the stealth mechanism becomes (relatively) solid, And the hook was a wonderful additon. Puzzles are not so difficult, but It was impressive that the giant machines move as my control. I am a bit dissapointed with story(plot itself and how it told), but overall I think that Uncharted 4 is the best in the series.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I'm abit in the same boat. I really loved the open combat and the stealth being added in which works really well (though at times removes the cool combat too much, had a lot more fun when I just played more hide and seek with combat than full on stealthkills).

I did like the story, though the brother came a bit out of nowhere.

Agree on your final statement too, feel it's the best one. Looking back UC2 is also still great, though UC3 grew on me more and more as I replayed it. But UC4 really surprised me.

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>I'll do some more in the future but I gave myself one that's sure to give you a smile.

you lunatic haha

i woke up and did what any veteran of Stinger does-- before getting out of bed or taking a piss, i check Stinger-- and i was going through new posts and this thread wasn't the first one i clicked on so i had no warning before seeing those beautiful pristine emblems/titles, the second one in particular gave me a hearty chuckle. love the detail of it being the Law of Regression incant.

>that honestly sounds pretty cool

it does, i can't wait

>You joke

is it a joke, is it serious, is it both? i don't know but it is happening

Hi everyone. I used to be a member of this forum years ago under the name Kajiwotore, but when I tried logging into my old account it said it was inactive so I just made a new one with a much less annoying username so I could chat about RE4R. Good to be back. Hello to Has and Birdman and a big nice to meet you to everyone else!

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Shane wrote:Hi everyone. I used to be a member of this forum years ago under the name Kajiwotore, but when I tried logging into my old account it said it was inactive so I just made a new one with a much less annoying username so I could chat about RE4R. Good to be back. Hello to Has and Birdman and a big nice to meet you to everyone else!

What a jackass! Turns out my username was wrong and that's why I couldn't log in. I was listed under an even more obnoxious name than I remembered! Oh well. Probably gonna stick with the new account.

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

just to let you know mate, you can change your username, it's a setting in your profile

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Just let me know Shane what you want, I can edit account data ... I think.

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Royta/Raeng wrote:Just let me know Shane what you want, I can edit account data ... I think.

Hey no worries man. I just went back to my old profile because I wanted the "original member" Ryu flair. If you want to delete the other account I made you can.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Done, RIP LIQUIDSHANE we barely knew thee.

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Royta/Raeng wrote:Done, RIP LIQUIDSHANE we barely knew thee.

We will never forget him.

Wait who was he again?

478Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Hi everyone, I'm new here Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:56 pm

Warship

Warship
D-Rank

Greetings, I stumbled upon this forum after a streamer mentioned it and it seems really interesting and surprisingly chill. Growing up, my main gaming series have been Souls and DMC, both of those have a special place in my heart. Another one of my favorite games is Metal Gear Rising, which holds my proudest achievement in gaming: a fresh run on revengeance mode with no items. Nothing that more hardcore players haven't done better, but I had an asbolute blast doing that a few years back.

Currently I'm having lots of fun in Nioh 2, which I already played and loved at launch but am now replaying with all the DLCs and extra stuff. Amazing action RPG, one of my favorites for sure. I love a good combat system as you can see, but I'm also into jrpgs (though I can be quite selective with that genre), survival horror and really anything that catches my attention.

Looking forward to having some fun discussions on here, you people seem really chill and knowledgeable. :)

479Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:17 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>after a streamer mentioned it
Can I ask who it was? I'm curious.

>Souls, DMC and MGR
Very nice.

Anyways, welcome!

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> streamer mentioned it
Damn, never thought I'd see the day. Who was it? Not in a malicious way, just legit curious.

> MGR:R
We might have crossed paths back then maybe on Gamefaqs, I used to do a lot of the world-first runs at the time (no fuel, NUR VH, single weapon, fist-only armstrong etc.). Made a lot of posts there back in the day regarding that (fantastic) game. Back in the day it was still acceptable to just point your camera at a screen while recording haha.

> Nioh
That game really saved me from a minor dark chapter of my life at the time, such a fantastic time-sink of a game. Since you like action and rpg, have you played Kingdom Hearts?

> we seem chill
Just don't talk about Metroid Other M hahaha

Jokes aside, welcome man, glad to have you on board! : )

481Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:37 am

Warship

Warship
D-Rank

> streamer
It was Seraphim17, a British guy that you probably know haha

> MGR
I got into the game a bit late, like in 2015/2016, so I missed the initial talk, but I might have read some of your posts on gamefaqs since I did dive a bit deeper into the game's techniques and just general online conversation about the title.

> Kingdom Hearts
Not only do I know it, I also have lots of emotional/nostalgic attachment towards the first 2 games in particular. The second one I think aged incredibly well, such an exceptional game. I'm not a big fan of the spin-offs and I believe KH3 suffered from the story being a clusterfuck beyond repair at that point, but it does have some really cool gameplay stuff (not a big fan of the attractions and how they're balanced though). I'm optimistic about KH4, probably more than I should.

482Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:57 am

Shane

Shane
C-Rank
Veteran

Warship wrote:
> Kingdom Hearts
Not only do I know it, I also have lots of emotional/nostalgic attachment towards the first 2 games in particular. The second one I think aged incredibly well, such an exceptional game. I'm not a big fan of the spin-offs and I believe KH3 suffered from the story being a clusterfuck beyond repair at that point, but it does have some really cool gameplay stuff (not a big fan of the attractions and how they're balanced though). I'm optimistic about KH4, probably more than I should.

This is how I feel about the series too! I've been playing Kingdom Hearts since I was 5 years old (turning 26 at the end of April), so there are few games that can rival the nostalgia I have for KH 1+2. I used to be so obsessed with the entire series and know the lore inside and out, but now I only really care about 1+2.  Like you said, KH3 has some great moments gameplay wise, and I think the DLC they released showed that they absolutely can make an awesome KH game so as far as KH4 is concerned I am optimistic too. I don't give a rats ass about the story anymore. Just looking for gameplay.

I think KH1 is still fantastic though. I actually prefer it a lot over KH2 in virtually every regard except I think 2 has better combat. But they're both great games. I like pretending the series ended at KH2. Amazing conclusion to the story with epic boss fights and music with a little bow on top. Then it's spin off hell for years on end. Bleh. It was good while it lasted.

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Warship wrote:> streamer
It was Seraphim17, a British guy that you probably know haha
Oh snap, I didn't know Chris knew about this place, what stream did he state this on and what did he say precisely? I only watch his YouTube uploads. I've wanted Roy to do an interview for some time actually if that where possible.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Kind of the opposite for me. While I think that KH1 is pretty good, I prefer KH2 (that said, the former's HP% antics is something I wish it was expanded on in KH2). I haven't played KH3, so can't say much about it, other than not liking what I've heard from SBK, and some other users from here. Then again, a KH vet (not sure if any of you recognize him, he goes by Glavewurm), Raeng, and some others prefer KH3, which at least got me a bit more curious about trying it (which I was planning to do, but this time I'm not quite AS against this as I was back then).

In other words, I'll try to have an open mind about it.

>optimism about KH4
Call this mentality weird, but all I want is a worthy HP% system that can surpass KH1's, but Osaka's track record with Gravity spells is... well, not on par. I haven't even heard anything about KH3 having this, so being optimistic about this aspect in specific isn't exactly what I should be doing.

In general, though? Just going to wait and see.

>pretending the series ended with 2
Yeah, every baddie introduced prior to 2 got trounced (in CoM, and then in 2). Were it not for the cliffhanger at the end, people would have even more reasons to justify that everything ended in 2.

Then again, I stopped caring about the story since 2, so I'm not really concerned about what BBS, 0.2, and 3 (the ones I haven't played) do. Hell, people could drop spoilers about all three games and I wouldn't mind at all.

485Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> seraphim
This is not the first time IIRC, we had two other users that noted the same, so that's super nice of him. Sent him a message.

> KH
Yeah I personally rate KH3 pretty highly, might even be my favourite. Though KH1's simplicitiy in story/setup paired with eyewatteringly beautiful rpg mechanics might push it to my fav. Note that aside from KH1 I always skip cutscenes.

> attractions
Playing on Critical allows you to disable them though, which is a boon imo.

> KH3
My basic understanding is this. KH1 is an action-RPG, while KH2 was an ACTION-rpg. And I feel a lot of players expected KH3 to be the same, while it is more like KH1 in that regard (more RPG). Personally that aligns with me more, since that's something only that series can give me.

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

Salutations everybody,
I've found this forum by looking for a place to talk about action games and, from what I've glanced in other threads, it would be hard to find a better place.

My favourite action games series is Ninja Gaiden. These games got me properly into genre and expanded my horizons by showing that not every games needs to be DMC.

Currently, I'm trying to get deep into old GOW trilogy.

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

greetings everyone,

big fan of royta15/raeng, i often see him alot in r/ninjagaiden reddit and thats how i pretty much became a fan of him and started following him

huge dmc/ninja gaiden/resident evil fan

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Two new users in a day, to think I'd see the day. Welcome you both!

> Paul Allen
Isn't that profile picture from Left Alive? I have the game but never fully played it, but it was pretty solid (outside of the abysmall performance issues). And for GoW you've come to the right place, lot of talented players here like GMG, 5does and Phoenix. Feel free to ask around!

> Nuclear
Welcome man, great to have you on board! What you playing currently?

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Two new users in a day, to think I'd see the day. Welcome you both!

> Paul Allen
Isn't that profile picture from Left Alive? I have the game but never fully played it, but it was pretty solid (outside of the abysmall performance issues). And for GoW you've come to the right place, lot of talented players here like GMG, 5does and Phoenix. Feel free to ask around!

> Nuclear

im playing ninja gaiden black on hard mode currently stuck at alma. (difficulty gap between normal and hard is huge in NGB).

and replaying onimusha 2 samurai destiny in order to understand the gifting system and scenario system more accurately (2nd best onimusha game in my opinion, 1st being genma onimusha)

and a little bit of god hand just so that i dont forget my muscle memory

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> NGB
Imo Hard to Very Hard is the biggest jump. Master Ninja is pretty insane too but you get a lot of bonus things on that mode to help ease you in and the game uses a lot more monster enemies to my feeling on that setting, so VH is a bit more fun to me.

> O2
Still want to get into that game. I own it and have beaten it, loved Genma too like you (such a gem). But never gave it the love it really deserved.

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Two new users in a day, to think I'd see the day. Welcome you both!

> Paul Allen

> Nuclear

Thanks for welcome!

>My profile pic
Yes, it's from Left Alive. It's not a perfect game and it's unfinished, but I like for what it is. It can be enjoyable with right approach. Without veering too much into off-topic, it's not really a stealth game like it's potrayed in promotional materials. It's more of a game about avoiding enemies when possible and making best use of limited resources in combat. I think they fix performance somewhat, since I played it recently and don't remember having problems. Someday I'll probably get to write at lengths about it in Left Alive thread.

>GOW
I've noticed there is lots of data here, will take me a while to get through them all.

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:
> O2
Still want to get into that game. I own it and have beaten it, loved Genma too like you (such a gem). But never gave it the love it really deserved.

Have you beaten onimusha 2 till normal? Cuz I did the same never touched Hard mode. According to gamefaqs onimusha 2 is the hardest onimusha game if we don't count genma otherwise it's genma.

Yeah genma onimusha deserves more love than warlords. Shame that Capcom remastered warlords instead of genma due to unknown reasons

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Left Alive
Yeah it was mostly described here as a borderline survival game, which was interesting.

> Oni2
Finished it on Normal and then immediately went to Oni3 haha. I 100%'ed Genma though, which was absolutely fantastic. Still have no clue as to why they only remastered Warlords. Makes zero sense.

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote: Still have no clue as to why they only remastered Warlords. Makes zero sense.

Either Capcom lost the source code of genma or its because of legal licensing/rights issues between Capcom and Microsoft. Pretty much ninja gaiden master collection scenario, where KT lost the source codes for black and vanilla ng2

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Welcome everybody!
Oni2: I need to get back to that. There were poor sales as well right?

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Nadster wrote:Welcome everybody!
Oni2: I need to get back to that. There were poor sales as well right?

late reply...

im not sure about the sales but oni2 is definitely a better game than warlords, but not better than genma imo.

definitely do finish oni2

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Congratulations Dante on being the 100th person to join the server. That’s poetic af.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I didn't even notice that, that's hilarious haha. Welcome all :)

Golden_GustVerse

Golden_GustVerse
D-Rank

I should have messaged here first lol.

Hi, action games I have played in chronological order on PC:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (spring 2022, what is gamefaqs lol)
I learned of Stinger afterwards
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (early summer 2022)
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition from HD collection (late summer 2022)
Bayonetta (late summer-early fall 2022)
Devil May Cry (fall 2022)
Assault Spy (late fall 2022)
Ninja Gaiden Black through Xemu (late fall 2022, Xemu kept crashing on chapter 6 and my PC died later)

Ultrakill (early summer 2023)
NEO: World Ends with You (mid summer-fall 2023)

I also played a few other games but it's straying from topic.

Out of these, Ultrakill, DMC 1, and MGR:R would be my favorite, though I play DMC 3 the most.
Next action game that I hope will run on my PC is ZoE2.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome!

Curious to know, you seem to have come into the genre quite later than most here, how'd you make the jump and gain such interest in it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum