You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome new members (introduction topic)

+60
Fattah86
Golden_GustVerse
Omar73874928271728
Nuclear Sorrow
Paul Allen's Profile
Warship
nepu47
Rorc
Lulcielid
herodeath99
TripleSMoon
Akrasia
correojon
Jackie Estacado
Black Adam
mageknight14
Setnaro X
Memes of Monsoon
Maddison Baek
Red Starless Sky
Hyperfist/Malcar
GN1
Dettless
TheBurningPunch
MDP
Tyr
GodModeGOD
HotPocketHPE
Lacquerware
invisigoth1013
AeternalSolitude
hebass
NiceNinja
TaiTsurugi
vert1
TheFirmament1
Phoenix Wright
Anti_FANBOY
Bambooness
The_Lord_of_Zeal
Hicho9
RedShot
KSubzero1000
Gregorinho
Infinity_Divide
Nadster
hedfone
Gouf
5does
Lemmy
Shane
Khayyaam
Cryoshock
Phorus1987
Delvix000
Royta/Raeng
Dark_Blood_NG
AKheon
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
64 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome Nadster! Happy you could join us :)

So many good choices. Have you played Ninja Gaiden II? Fantastic title. Good to see Otogi there too, never played it myself but heard so many excellent things about it. If you're looking for a new title to play, there's bound to be many suggestions over here (most of them probably being Chaos Legion from user Birdman Razz).

What's your favorite action game(s) you'd say?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

102Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:18 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Well I never played Ninja Gaiden II. I do plan on it getting though along with Black(even though I could just get Sigma 1 and 2 since I believe that it is just Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and cheaper).

As for favorite action game(s): Metal Gear Rising I guess? I don't really play favorites but this would be on my non-existent Top 10 list for just Blade Mode alone. Special mentions: Max Payne trilogy, DMC 1 & 3, DOOM 2016, Nex Machina, God Hand, Dynasty Warriors Next, Dynasty Warriors 8XLCE, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Crimsonland, and Heavenly Sword.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> sigma is just like regular
Not in the slightest. Sigma 1 and Black are decently alike, though Black has more adventure elements and a lot more details to its combat. NGII and Sigma2 are basically two totally different games where only the level lay-outs are (sort of) similar.

> Metal Gear Rising

More than 2000 hours played in that one, never put it down. Such a fantastic game, can't blame you for that! Great list btw, surprised to see so much Musou love and also Heavenly Sword. I tried to really get into the latter but never could...

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Really? I think I'll get Black once the opportunity comes again. So how come you could not get into Heavenly Sword?

105Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Hi all. I’ve been reading stuff on this site but just now decided to hop on the forum for whatever reason. I came here because Raeng and I started talking on the God Hand board on Gfaqs not long ago. It’s cool to see some familiar names here!

I started playing action games because of DMC1(generic, I know). Didn’t get into them more seriously until God Hand, which is now my favorite game in the genre. I tend to like a lot of different styles and takes on the genre and try to be as open minded as possible. I love a lot of the more popular stuff(DMC, NG, Bayo, Souls), but also games that either don’t get the same recognition, or don’t get lumped in these conversations, such as Doom 2016, Zone of the Enders 2, Wonderful 101, Genma Onimusha, and(I’m not just saying this because of the conversation earlier here!) The Evil Within.

I’m a huge fan of 2D action/platformers as well, such as Mega Man(classic and X), Classicvania, and Contra. Usually I stay away from RPG’s these days, mostly because I’ve lost interest and I don’t have the time I did when I was younger, but there’s some real standouts I still love, stuff like FFX and XIII trilogy, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Valkyrie Profile. I also really like pretty much anything Nintendo touched during the 90’s.

And as of right now, I’m digging deep into ZoE2 and taking a lot of notes. Also picking up Ace Combat 7 here in a couple days, and of course Resident Evil 2, which is another series I’ve always been a big fan of.

106Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:59 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

@Infinity_Divide

I created a topic on the various games board called action rpgs where I have mostly talked about Valkyrie Profile. I am just getting into the series, and just started Silmeria.
BREAK MODEEE
I would love to talk with someone who has played it

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Heavenly Sword?
I actually didn't mind HS. I wasn't a fan of those shooting segments though.

I remember it had some cool environmental stuff you could do like sweep various shit lying around into enemies, and it may have had ringouts, though don't quote me on that.

I always thought the main character looked cool and cover art is great too.

You should make a topic and go over the mechanics. I didn't get that much into them, but I might be willing to give it a second look.

And as of right now, I’m digging deep into ZoE2 and taking a lot of notes.
I'm a huge fan of this game. Do you plan to post your notes at some point? I'd love to see them.

I once planned to do single sub weapon runs, just to see how they held up alone throughout the whole game, and maybe discover something cool along the way. Never got around to it sadly.

Also picking up Ace Combat 7
I'm grabbing mine tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

and of course Resident Evil 2
Oh man MY WALLET!!!

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Heavenly Sword
Don't know, I kept trying to get into it but just never sat my ass down for it. The early PS3 graphics and frame-rate don't help it either I must admit, as well as the huge scale. What mostly held me back I feel was that I never felt like I was hitting the enemy. Hard to say.

> Infinity
Great to see you here mate, I had a feeling you'd be popping around here eventually!

> 2d action platformers
You really need to start hanging out with SBK more, guy is a huge fan of the X games. I'm more of a ClassicVania (great name, going to remember that) and Contra dude. Such great memories of Super Probotector 3 - the rebranded Contra 3 released in the EU. My nephew and I would play it together trying to beat it without dying on Hard. When we finally got it down. Man. That felt so great. Zero hits taken together, we were in sync. Fantastic.

Great to see you all here!

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>Valkyrie Profile
I would also love to discuss these games! Some real gems that have a lot of personality to them. I played the second game for almost a year straight.

>ZoE2 notes
I’ll post them over on that games thread! I don’t know if it’ll be anything you don’t know. I haven’t messed with stuff like damage values but just some little things I’ve picked up on. It wasn’t until this PS4 release I really slowed down and tried some things out.

>Ace Combat 7
I’m also grabbing it right when the store opens. You’ll have to let me know what you think.

>Contra 3
Absolute classic. Stages 3 and 4 are two of my favorite levels in gaming. And that’s impressive! I’ve never done a no hit run, even on normal(mostly because of the final boss).

>SBK
I’ve noticed we have a lot more in common than I initially realized. I’m a HUGE MMX fan, almost to the point of parody, so that’s cool to hear.

Why did I not start posting here sooner? I may never know.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Hi all!

I've been lurking the forums for a while now and thought it was about time I registered. I think I stumbled across Royta/Raeng's YouTube channel around 12 months ago which led me to Stinger Magazine and the great articles that have been written.

I suppose I could say I have been playing action games since DMC2 was released (which was "baby's first action game" for me), but I have to credit DMC4:SE and Bayonetta 2 as the titles that got me really interested in the game design and mechanical side of action games. I love the design of "stylish" action games where you spend your first playthrough unlocking your characters full moveset, and then you can start a NG+ where you can challenge harder difficulties with remixed enemy formations, and you're given the opportunity to fight bosses with weapons and abilities than you didn't have the first time around. It's such a great way to encourage replayability in a genre made up of (generally) short games. I enjoy watching tutorials for "advanced mechanics" and trying to use them to better myself as a player - for example, it's completely changed the way I play Vanquish now on PC, as I originally played it like a boring cover shooter back on the 360.

I'm not currently playing any action games (too busy with the Master League mode in PES 6), but have been meaning to revisit the first Bayonetta. I really enjoyed the sequel and understand that high level players consider the first game's combat system to be far superior, so I feel I should give it another playthrough. I'm slowly but surely building a collection of action titles and have recently purchased God Hand, P.N.03, Genma Onimusha and an interesting looking Japanese PS3 release called E.X. Troopers.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Welcome Gregorinho. Great to see new member.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Always great to see new members pop in Gregorinho! I think a lot of players can relate to your story. In terms of Bayonetta, I also liked the second more. While the first has arguably better enemy and boss design, the second has a better complete package I feel. It is much more vibrant and beautiful, weapons are more distinct (not just reskins) etc. Still, the original is worth it. If you can the PC and Switch versions tend to be the best. I recommend those! WiiU is also good (I have that one).

Interested to hear your opinions on God Hand, PN03 and Onimusha once you get to them :)

> Vanquish
Now we're talking. I recall writing a whole advanced-mechanics guide for the PC version to get that community going. Fantastic game, my favorite honestly.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Thanks for the welcome guys, feel free to call me Greg if it's easier.

> Bayonetta
Until I get around to replaying the first one, i'd have to agree and I say I prefer the sequel - the art direction is improved from the first game (more colourful and vibrant, like you said). I have both the PC and Switch versions, but I think i'll go with the PC port. I'd prefer the boosts to resolution and performance over the Nintendo-themed extras.

> God Hand, PN03 & Onimusha
I seem to have a problem where I keep looking to buy new games instead of playing the ones I have! I will get round to playing them some time soon. I was excited to hear about the Onimusha remaster, but when I heard it didnt feature any of the Genma content I thought I may as well buy a copy of that instead. Much cheaper too!

> Vanquish
It's become one of my favorite action/shooter titles since it came to PC. I know some feel the mouse and keyboard controls make the game too easy, but I think the extra precision makes the game so much more fun. It's so satisfying to boost kick off of a wall or enemy, and then quickly turn and snipe a target in the distance on your way down. I really wish the game had a ranking system like in other Platinum titles.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Bayonetta
The PC version is excellent, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they modded the Switch costumes in. I believe it is based on the WiiU version of the game since it uses some of the same language files.

> buying more than you play
You'll fit in just fine here haha!

> Vanquish ranking

I can get that, but honestly I also feel it is better this way. Rankings can sometimes lead to players playing in a very specific manner while Vanquish as it stands promotes a bit more of a 'play any way you want' style. The score-system is already busted enough imo. Think that would be a major improvement if they patched that up.

115Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You'll fit in just fine here haha!
Don't talk about me.

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Hello everyone. :)

I've stumbled onto Raeng's YouTube channel a few months ago and have been a regular reader of the blog ever since.

Big fan of the action genre in all its varieties, as you can imagine, so I'm looking forward to getting involved in some discussions around here. Always nice to discover respectful and passionate communities to exchange with nowadays.

Is there any forum rule against necro-bumping and stuff like that? I couldn't find it if so.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Necrobumping is absolutely fine man, welcome Ksub! If you're passionate about a game, or just want to talk about it, no matter how old the topic, post away :)Updated the rules with this, good point!

Glad to see more people joining up, hope you have a great time here! You thinking of picking up DMCV next week?

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Hello and welcome!

I feel like I recognise your name from somewhere - are you a Cane and Rinse forum user? I've listened to quite a few of their podcasts and your name sounds familiar!

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:You thinking of picking up DMCV next week?

Oh, definitely. I have a weird love/hate relationship with Capcom nowadays. I think they've been a shadow of their former selves ever since they got rid of both Kamiya and Mikami and that they've been playing catch-up with the rest of the industry for the past 13 years as a result. But I'm always willing to give them another chance, and I'm liking the look of DMCV a lot so far. My only regret is how much of the game they already seem to have shown in the promotional material, but that's also partially on me for not going on a media blackout. Cautiously optimistic.

Gregorinho wrote:I feel like I recognise your name from somewhere - are you a Cane and Rinse forum user? I've listened to quite a few of their podcasts and your name sounds familiar!

Oh snap, I've been made already! Laughing

Yeah, I'm a regular on the CaR forum, and I've especially enjoyed contributing to their RE series last year. Lovely bunch, although they're not exactly the most mechanics-centered community and the more technical conversations tend to peter out rather quickly. Which is why I was looking for a more specialized place to talk shop with like-minded individuals.

Have we spoken before, by any chance?

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Capcom
You'll fit right in, don't worry! A lot of people here feel the same way, myself included. They had some absolute goldmines of games and just playing some of their PS1-PS2 era titles makes your jaw drop at just how competent they are in both narrative and gameplay structures (and let's not forget they are damned fun too). DMCV is a rare game to be released, I'm exceptionally critical of it but it's a miracle something like it is being made to begin with.

> Cane and Rinse
Never heard of it, but it looks great! Damn. Layout is a bit confusing but sounds like a really fun website. Though I'm one to talk about confusing layouts, my whole website is broken at the moment haha!

> talk shop
Then you've come to the right place! What are games that interest you the most on that level :)?

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Welcome KSubzero100! I take it that you are a huge Mortal Kombat fan! This is the first time I ever hear the term necrobumping.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Stinger is the first forum I've joined, so we won't have spoken before. Great to have you with us though!

I think I've listened to all of CaR podcasts on Japanese action games, and while they're always enjoyable I do see where you're coming from regarding not being very mechanics focused. I really enjoyed the Viewtiful Joe issue with Saurian - it's a real shame he isn't as active as he used to be.

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:What are games that interest you the most on that level :)?

In the traditional 3D action genre: NGB, DMC3, Bayonetta 2 and GoW2 are all solid gold in my book. NG2, DMC1, DMC4, Bayonetta 1, God Hand, Vanquish, Z.O.E.2, and all the classic GoW except Ascension are amazing as well. ...I'm probably forgetting something.

And even though it doesn't quite fall under the same umbrella (ahuhu), I'm a complete RE4 fanatic and it never ceases to amaze me how few people seem to appreciate the intricacies of its Mercenaries mode. If I were to only play a single game for the rest of my life, it'd be this one.

Nadster wrote:Welcome KSubzero100! I take it that you are a huge Mortal Kombat fan!

Thanks! And actually, not really! But I did like the character designs of MK:Deception a lot back when that game came out, and the name has stuck ever since. As far as goofy teenage online handles go, I can't complain too much.

Gregorinho wrote:I really enjoyed the Viewtiful Joe issue with Saurian - it's a real shame he isn't as active as he used to be.

Oh yeah, I love that VJ issue with Saurian as well. VJ never really clicked with me in the way I would have wanted it to, but it was great to hear him deconstruct so many of the game's systems in a way that was accessible to more casual listeners.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I actually tried to do an interview with Saurian a long time back, we used to be semi-buddies thanks to our shared passion, but he has left the genre and the hobby for good it seems. He politely declined saying that the medium has changed beyond all recognition and that it felt pointless to hang on. I think he's now really busy in business and finance.

God I wish I could be on one of those podcasts, sounds fun! I dabbled a lot with the idea to host one myself but that seems like a nightmare to set up haha!

> gaming interests
Sounds like a good list! Vanquish is my personal favorite paired with Ninja Gaiden II, but there's a lot of gold all around. GoW2, DMC3, NGB, God Hand etc. Fantastic to hear you praise GoW as a series, feel that the series gets the shaft in a lot of discussions.

Still have to play ZOE2. Don't kill me. RE4 is god.

> teenage online handles
I'm still trying to get rid of Royta in favour of Raeng. If only to get people to stop calling me Royboy ;p

> VJ
Didn't click with me either initially, turned to love it later. If my site wasn't borked I'd link you to a fantastic article on it hahaha.

125Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:47 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Another ZoE2 fan? Excellent!

>GoW gets the shaft
This series is on my list of stuff to really master. I’ll get there at some point!

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Never heard of it, but it looks great!
I posted it about it a while back, or maybe I posted a few podcasts. One was in the El Shaddai topic.

although they're not exactly the most mechanics-centered community and the more technical conversations tend to peter out rather quickly.
Yeah I've noticed this in a lot of their podcasts for games I like. I think the only one that was more focused on mechanics was the VJ one with Saurian. At one point he goes off on a tangent about Transformers Devastation. Love it.

He politely declined saying that the medium has changed beyond all recognition and that it felt pointless to hang on.
On a notepad somewhere in my files, I have some posts from him from discussion we had. Really sad stuff actually. He notes many of the things we talk about, like trolls, reviewers, and even 'vets' ripping other games apart just because they don't like them, don't get them, or for some reason feel scared something might topple their favorite, even though anyone with sense SHOULD find that to be a good thing in this genre.

Still have to play ZOE2. Don't kill me.
Hmmm. You still have use. I'll let it go...for now.

I actually tried to do an interview with Saurian
I remember those interviews you used to do. Haven't seen one for a while. Any plans?

God I wish I could be on one of those podcasts, sounds fun!
Maybe there's a process for applying for one? I haven't bothered with anything other than listening them them so I have no idea how they get people on.

>GoW gets the shaft
This series is on my list of stuff to really master. I’ll get there at some point!

Me too. Don't remind me lol. Too much stuff to play as it is!

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> you posted it before
Oh that was this one? I recall you mentioning that El Shaddai an Saurian dash podcast.

> post notes
Sad, absolutely sad.

> interviews
I'm focusing on fixing and getting the site rolling currently, but I am planning on doing interviews again yes!

RedShot

B-Rank

Hello everyone ! Just written my first post in another topic, but I'll introduce myself better here Smile
I've started to play action titles not too long ago, probably because I liked Souls games but I wanted a more refined and focused experience with interesting combat options. I started to learn about this genre on forums, youtube and other sources until I found Stinger Magazine and its forum. It seems to me a very good place to discuss about this genre without people screaming that "X is bad because in not like DMC or other games". My personal favourites are MG Rising and DMC1 but I miss too many classics haha.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Welcome RedShot! Cool to see another longtime lurker make the jump to poster! Glad to hear your impression of the site and its forum, that's exactly what I was going for all these years ago! Fantastic to hear! Hope you'll have a blast here.

You mention Metal Gear Rising, such a fantastic title. Had a ton of fun playing it, really got me into the genre as a whole. Whose your favorite boss in that title? The current release of Sekiro really made me think of it a lot since both have a large overlap between stealth and action.

130Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:15 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Welcome RedShot! Cool to see another longtime lurker make the jump to poster! Glad to hear your impression of the site and its forum, that's exactly what I was going for all these years ago! Fantastic to hear! Hope you'll have a blast here.

You mention Metal Gear Rising, such a fantastic title. Had a ton of fun playing it, really got me into the genre as a whole. Whose your favorite boss in that title? The current release of Sekiro really made me think of it a lot since both have a large overlap between stealth and action.

Thanks for the welcome Smile
Yes, Rising is very fun to play and it has amazing boss fights. My favourite one is probably Armstrong. I really like his moveset and the challenge on Very Hard or Revengeance difficulty. I'd like to play a sequel with wall run and other mechanics that didn't enter in the final product. They should also fix that camera, it is a nightmare sometimes.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Armstrong is such a fun fight, I still remember trying to go for that challenge of beating him with just Raiden's fists. So much nostalgia! Absolutely a bonkers battle, love the song too. Still sad that it will probably never see a sequel, I feel that there was so much potential like you mentioned (wallrun etc). Alas!

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Can't believe I forgot about Rising in my post above. I knew one slipped through the cracks!

Welcome RedShot! You still have plenty of amazing games to discover since you're just starting to get into the genre.

RedShot

B-Rank

KSubzero1000 wrote:Can't believe I forgot about Rising in my post above. I knew one slipped through the cracks!

Welcome RedShot! You still have plenty of amazing games to discover since you're just starting to get into the genre.

Thanks ! Smile
Yeah, this genre is full of gems, at least in the last two console generations.

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Welcome RedShot! I wish I had included something else when I saw your post the first time here. Rising was so much fun!

135Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Nadster wrote:Welcome RedShot! I wish I had included something else when I saw your post the first time here. Rising was so much fun!

Thank you ! Smile
Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 RwA5

136Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty feel the sting Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 am

Ok, then.

Extended greetings.

I'm not one for flags and borders, so I'll show just empty jazz hands on that subject.

How did I get into it?

Devil May Cry. A flavour so fresh, I never wanted for anything less. You know how a certain ending screen says I do hate being considered normal...? Right there. And the next step up tells Guess you arn't some casual gamer. There's a rare fun to be had, without any snobbish behaviour. I aim for that.

I don't rate games or have a mental tier list, but I will say that if I were to name 3 titles that wouldn't waver in my changing opinion it would be:

Devil May Cry 3 S.E.
Viewtiful Joe
Ninja Gaiden Black

As you can see more esteemed games. Exept I think people don't play nearly enough Viewtiful Joe.

How did I find this place?

I encountered someone who is of some prominence in action and whose proficiency I have yet to match. And I simply followed him here.
In stealth. Quite crafty.

I have a lot of ways to go and would be glad to learn from you. And maybe entice a not yet estimated number of like-minded ones to give VJ a chance.

Thanks.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

A warrior shadowing another in hopes of becoming even more skilled? A valued trait. I hope you enjoy your time here! Viewtiful Joe is still really excellent, really enjoyed my time with the title! Enfin, welcome, hope you enjoy your time here!

What title are you mostly playing currently?

RedShot

B-Rank

Welcome Zenyn ! That was a powerful introduction Very Happy

By the way, who is the character on your profile pic ?

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Hi Zenyn. Nice intro! I'm sure you are a fan of stealth games. Which one did you play the most?

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

VJ is fantastic. I haven't touched it in years and my guilt is extreme. Lots of cool tech has been discovered since then.

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Wasn't there a VJ rhythm game? I swore I played a demo of that back then.

142Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I know there's a weird fighting game. I watched a few videos ages ago and remember it looking like Smash Bros.

143Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty attack of the sphinxes repelled Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:55 am

Royta/Raeng wrote:What title are you mostly playing currently?

Currently? Mhm. Nothing current. I don't wanna sound grandpa but I remain highly sceptical of the present generation. I don't even own a "modern" console. It's like my trust in game developing interesting stuff recieved a big stunner. Or I'm just wayward weird. But I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 3, though.

RedShot wrote:By the way, who is the character on your profile pic ?

As it is that would be Yagyu Mitsuyoshi drawn by Segawa Masaki. You may be familiar with the style through the manga Basilisk (or the anime series).

Nadster wrote:I'm sure you are a fan of stealth games. Which one did you play the most?

I have no numbers but I guess that would be one of the several Tenchu. Maybe Wrath of Heaven or Return from Darkness.
There was a time I was nuts about 'em.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Don't worry about sounding "grandpa", most players here tend to gravitate towards older games more. Basically the only game I play now just turned 11 years old, and the others are more than 30 years old. I do own all modern systems, but mostly for either HD re-releases, backwards compatability or that one rare game (i.e. Fist of the North Star, Yakuza series and ... eh...that's it).

RedShot

B-Rank

Zenyn wrote:As it is that would be Yagyu Mitsuyoshi drawn by Segawa Masaki. You may be familiar with the style through the manga Basilisk (or the anime series).

Yeah, it was Basilisk's art. It's one of those manga I wanted to read. Thank you !

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I don't wanna sound grandpa but I remain highly sceptical of the present generation
Good. You've come to the right place.

147Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:38 am

Hicho9

Hicho9
D-Rank

Hi all!

Longtime Ninja Gaiden fan here and happy to be a new member of this forum! I have enjoyed Royta's site and content/articles for a while now so thought it about time I register here. Have spent alot of time on other NG forums over the years (Ninja Archives/NGRealm, "Kensei25" on GameFaqs, most recently "KazeFujimaru" on Reddit). It is just nice to have another great place here to discuss all things Ninja Gaiden and action game related!

I am an older gamer with a wife and kid so don't have a ton of time to play games these days. I tend to be very selective in the games I play and I gravitate towards action games and ninja/samurai related games mostly. Games I am currently playing and/or have played in the past few years that I have loved which kind of summarize my interests:

- Ninja Gaiden games always (just got a used X1X and loving diving back into them again)
- Nioh
- Warframe
- Sekiro
- Metal Gear Rising
- new Samurai Shodown
- The Messenger
- Strider (another one of my favorites)
- Hollow Knight
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild

When I am not playing games, working and with family, I enjoy practicing martial arts, hiking and reading (scifi/fantasy mostly). I am also a big fan of all things Japan (lived there for a few years), particularly history and classic samurai/ninja cinema.

148Welcome new members (introduction topic) - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome new members (introduction topic) Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

martial arts
Which?

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

As noted before: welcome Hicho9! I was constantly wondering where we knew each-other from, but Kaze and Kensei ring good bells man. Great to see you around!

It's funny, what you're living right now is probably going to end up being my future. Getting married next year, probably children after all that. Glad to hear you can still play what you want. I am a bit afraid I won't be able to dive into 'huge' games anymore, how are you experiencing that?

And good games. I didn't get deep into Sekiro myself. Same with Messenger after I heard it was a Metroid like game (hoped it was just a straight up platformer). You ever played Shinobi?

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You didn't get deep into Sekiro? Your posts on it are insanely indepth though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum