Infinity_Divide
RedShot
Gregorinho
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

51Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:12 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Still also in the camp of "this never needed to be remade" but it does look pretty good, I am tempted to pick it up. I'm sure it will be toned down in places compared to original but I'm glad Capcom haven't completely abandoned the campy action B-movie tone, I think they're demonstrating that they do care about what they're putting out and it's not going to be a cash grab. Mercenaries better be included at launch though. It was with Village, so I'm hoping they won't make a mistake with this one.

Also agree on SF6, think I'm gonna get that at launch. Really appreciate that Capcom's stuff is looking good as I'm not sure what else I'm excited for this year.

52Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:12 pm

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

53Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:32 am

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

Demo out

54Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:26 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Damnit, no Xbox One. Means I've gotta try this on a PS4 haha.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

55Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

Had a pretty fun time, was not happy with the demo exclusive hard mode (enemies with hyper armor No ), hope they don't put something similar in the final game.

edit: might want to get the game on PS or use a PS controller instead.

56Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:23 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

>hyper armor enemies
Not even surprised. They put every other shitty mechanic in.

57Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:31 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

hoooo boy, already cooking the popcorn, this thread is gonna be good

58Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:55 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Played the demo a few times. There's actually a lot of cool shit here, and to be honest I'm pretty excited for the full game.

-There's a number of differences in the area itself from the original(there's a bear trap immediately after the first couple enemies that I got caught in, and there's some new item locations).
-I know a lot of people don't like the knife now, but the fact that it has so many uses it pretty damn neat to me. You get the defensive portion from REmake 1 and 2, a finishing move if they're on the ground or stunned, you can parry and follow up with a free melee if you time it right(look at that, OPTIONAL parries, not funneling you into playing Simon Says/DDR).
-A lot of the hit reactions and stuff from the original I find so crucial are here-arm shots drop weapons, leg shots set them up for melee or knock them down, you can shoot enemies near ledges to make them fall, etc.
-Projectiles can still be shot out of the air.
-The shotgun's knockback and spread is reduced but is still miles ahead of what we got in the last couple remakes. You can also blow off limbs.
-You can parry an enemy's(non-weapon) attack and it'll cut their arm off.
-Grenades are extremely powerful like in OG.
-The number of enemies in the big village fight is definitely increased. I turned a corner at one point and yelled "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON", there had to have been over 12 of them.
-Salvador is unfortunately more tanky than the OG, but I knew that was coming because we can't get boss enemies anymore who react to things(he does stun after a few shots, but he doesn't get affected by the shotgun as easily).
-Salvador can hit other enemies while he's attacking.
-You can do a special knife attack on enemies by going behind them while they're stunned.
-I will say, the camera and feedback from shots is a step down from the original. It has that slippery feeling shooting from RE2 remake and the camera isn't as locked in place as OG RE4.

I'm choosing not to be bitter and jaded about this one. RE4 is my favorite game so I could just hate this by default, but I want it to be good. I know it won't ever top the original but if I get a new game alongside it that's also really great, I can't complain.

59Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:38 pm

GN1

B-Rank

I only played the original up to near the end of the castle chapter (I was at a lava pit with the 2 El Gigantes), so I don't know all the little details of it, but I loved the demo.

It seems it's gonna be a great game on its own right, that keeps at least most of the important things that make the combat so good in the original while having enough changes/additions to make it stand alongside the original, even as an alternative take on it or something.

Seems it also leans more towards horror as well and that's interesting to see.

If the remake will indeed be this good I would also be interested in seeing something like Haunting Ground being revisited (amazing game, but past a certain point it suffers from a sharp decline in quality).

60Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:06 am

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Played the demo a few times too, and.... yuck.

I can't muster any enthusiasm for this game when the movement and combat fundamentals are so abysmal. Which has been an issue in all the modern RE games of course, but trying to recapture the magic of (one of) the greatest action games of all times with RDR2-tier controls is simply not happening. Nope.

61Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:07 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Holyshit, I thought you died.

Still haven't played the demo myself, honestly just not interested in it even with the positive / mixed reactions. Too enraptured by WoLong.

62Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:17 pm

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Haha no, not dead yet! Just had a lot on my plate and took a break from gaming for a few months/years.

I think it really comes down to the mechanical fundamentals of 3D action games like responsiveness, precision and consistency for me. If I press a button, it should have an immediate and reliable effect in-game. Enemy behavior should be predictable and/or manageable. Damage should be preventable. It shouldn't be too much to ask, right? There's a lot I'm willing to forgive as long as these fundamentals are there. I'm even a fan of Bayo 2 or the Arkham games so many purists seem to detest because they possess that basic arcade-y quality.

The problem with these modern RE games is that they're trying to move as far away from these fundamentals as possible. The core mechanics are designed in a way that makes them almost impossible to master, at least to the same level of precision that the classic games did. Even with all the polish and cool potential secrets and the best character models and cutscene direction in the world, there is no fixing that.

I guess what pisses me off the most is that Capcom seems perfectly capable of understanding the value of arcade game design when it comes to their other series. DMC, SF and Monster Hunter are still more or less following the same design philosophy as their respective classics. Even Mega Man and Ghost 'n Goblins are still hanging in there. But RE? Nah, fuck that. Just repackage the same bullshit imprecise RNG-based RE7 combat over and over again, that'll do it.

63Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:46 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

The game went from tank controls to boat controls.

64Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:12 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>RDR2 controls
I can't help but think you're just being disingenuous here. The game controls no where near as bad as RDR2. I know we all want to hate the game but come on.

>enemy behavior should be predictable/manageable
Yes, but let's not pretend that every game does this perfectly. RE4 is a rare exception of everything locking into place, design wise. Everyone on this site loves NG and it has bosses that randomly block and dodge attacks for no reason whatsoever.

>fan of Arkham
I'll take a game that's somewhat sloppy in execution over a game that's fundamentally braindead.

>RE7 combat
RE7 and 8 had blocking, this and RE2 at least have defensive options and negate damage completely, on top of having what seems to be much more effective weaponry. Not really a valid comparison.

>tank controls to boat controls
Leon's a bit confused.

65Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:18 am

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Played on PC. Don't know why look and aim speed are always set to minimum with RE PC games. FSR Balanced, normal RT, 2GB textures, 1440p. >100fps on a 3080. Like the extra knife options, and being able to move and shoot, but I don't think they justify a remake. After 3, and the lack of hype for 4, I'm not sure there's enough goodwill to "fix" 5 & 6. I don't believe remakes hurt the original, though.

You can swing your knife by pressing shoot while not aiming. You can stab by holding space and pressing shoot. You can get some decent hits off, and insta-kills take a lot out of the knife. You can set parry to the same button as shoot, so parries are even easier. You can also set mashing qtes to hold qtes. Probably means less health loss, but it messes up my muscle memory.

I assume what what Subzero means by not being arcadey is forcing cinematics/story over gameplay, and not the quarter-stealing kind. I didn't get the sense that the game would let me sit around and kill everyone if I was skilled enough, but then I got the TMP. If I lose it all (before going to the village), slip and fall (down the well to the right), I will never look away (from that beautiful Uzi knockoff).

I think it's arcadey. RE is Capcom's TLOU/HZD, but it's more killable Urizen than unkillable Ultron Sigma. You can kill both Salvadors. They don't firebomb the tower. Theoretically, you can hide up there, so long as you don't go towards the collectable and trigger the collapsing floor. Or throw a grenade down before doing it. It's a good game plagued by remake bias, but that's a legitimate criticism.

66Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> arkham trashtalk
The only Arkham we can trashtalk is the final boss of DMC3! Surprised

> re4make
From the gameplay footage I've seen it honestly...reminds me of RE6. Anyone else have that? Feels very much like a combat cuhrayze game that they went for with that one with all the combat options and shit.

67Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:56 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>Infinity vs KSubzero1000

>reminds me of RE6

not a bad thing as far as i'm concerned, that's my favorite RE-- i'd play it if its Mercs wasn't a piece of garbage (insane balancing problem).

you're piquing my interest in this game. everybody who's played the demo, how's the horror/stress level? would you say it's lighter or more brutal than the original?

68Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

From what I've seen the stress is way lower. I think it's because Leon is way more of a beast. Sure he was powerful in base RE4, but with all the combat options he has now a group of villagers seems far less threatening though tbh I'm going to leave that to the rest here since they've played the demo and I'm too lazy to boot up my PS4.

69Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:18 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Enemies trigger traps, unlike original. I've seen advanced tech where you bait one guy into a trap, shoot him, then roundhouse him to kick his leg off.

>stress level
Same as original imo. Village is claustrophobic if you don't know where to go.

Now chainsaw mode is a different story. No checkpoints. Spongy enemies with high poise. Don't fight, just run. Not sure if you have to kill Salvador to pass, but you're gonna be kiting enemies like a TV on Black Friday.

70Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:56 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I wasn't active on this forum for a long time, but I'm here again to talk about RE4.

The remake could be an interesting game, but there are too many aspects which annoy me (movement, aim, weaker shotgun, playable sections turned into cinematics, etc.).
Besides I don't find any faults in the original so I prefer to play that. NTSC release on Dolphin or Steam port with HD mod are my favourite versions.

71Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:05 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>Spongy enemies with high poise
Why do they think that removing enemy interactions = difficulty? Just make Leon take more damage and increase the cost of the upgrades and you have a perfectly serviceable Hard mode. Hope that Chainsaw Mode is different in the final game.

72Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:43 pm

GN1

B-Rank

By NTSC release you mean the original Gamecube version or the Wii edition?

IIRC I heard the knife did less damage in the NTSC Gamecube version and that there are some minor changes or glitches that were fixed in subsequent releases.

73Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:15 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

>NTSC release
I mean the Gamecube version.
I made some research and it seems there are some interesting elements in that version. @KSubzero1000 talked about a different balance for Wesker's ammo in Mercs (you can find details in OG RE4 thread) and I found another player who talks about other differences:
W3Hybrid wrote:On gamecube the knife is weaker, certain guns are weaker, its impossible to kill Gigante in less than 3 cycles, leons movement and aiming is slower, enemies are more aggressive, even the snakes are slightly faster, theres a few more enemies in some spots, and many items are more expensive from the merchant... but you do get more ammo on Normal difficulty

killing an enemy using ONLY the knife takes about 8-10 slashes on Pro difficulty in the American version, but its 6-8 slashes with the knife on all later versions... items sold by the merchant are more expensive in the American/NTSC version, and cheaper in the European/PAL or PS2/Wii releases... Weapons are weaker on NTSC and stronger in later versions...

Source:https://old.reddit.com/r/residentevil4/comments/qztkie/finally_got_to_play_the_gamecube_version_and_i/

74Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:42 pm

GN1

B-Rank

interesting changes, I have access to the NTSC Gamecube and WIi and also the Steam version. While my plans were to play the Wii version, I guess I will do at least 2 runs (normal and professional) and play Mercenaries on the Gamecube version. Just hope I can find a way to crop it properly so the game window won't be small;

75Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Played the demo.

Absolutely LOL.

Avoid like the plague.

76Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

One thing we did note in that topic though was how a lot of changes were simply visual, not mechanical. Wesker's Sniper exclusive isn't nerfed, the speedboost is exactly the same even if the number says something else. Link: https://stinger.actieforum.com/t111p50-resident-evil-4#11076

But it was pretty common for NTSC games to be beta-testing grounds for the PAL releases. Lots of glitches tended to be removed in PAL versions as well (see also: Metroid Prime).

77Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:36 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

GN1 wrote:interesting changes, I have access to the NTSC Gamecube and WIi and also the Steam version.  While my plans were to play the Wii version, I guess I will do at least 2 runs (normal and professional) and play Mercenaries on the Gamecube version. Just hope I can find a way to crop it properly so the game window won't be small;

I used this method and I got a perfect 16:9 image: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-zoom-widescreen-shader-for-letterboxed-gc-games-like-resident-evil-4

If you get a purple screen when you exit some menus, then you need to follow these steps: RE4's Properties>Graphics Mods>Configure Dolphin>Hacks>Uncheck "Store XFB Copies to Texture Only".

I mapped the controls like the PS2 version (I use a Microsoft controller) https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4/Controls and activated V-Sync. It seems perfect to me now.

78Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Are the NTSC changes better overall or just different? The weapon rebalancing seem ok to me, as well as the knife buff (and some of the price changes). Also the claim about aggression being higher seem odd since it's always hard to quantify, and you also have people claiming that UHD at 60 FPS has increased aggression.
The thing I'm more interested about is the change to the ammo/pesetas drops, since GC NTSC seem to have higher ammo drops to compensate for the lower damage.

79Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:29 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Malcar wrote:Are the NTSC changes better overall or just different? The weapon rebalancing seem ok to me, as well as the knife buff (and some of the price changes). Also the claim about aggression being higher seem odd since it's always hard to quantify, and you also have people claiming that UHD at 60 FPS has increased aggression.
The thing I'm more interested about is the change to the ammo/pesetas drops, since GC NTSC seem to have higher ammo drops to compensate for the lower damage.

It's difficult to say for certain that it is better overall, but I found more documented differences here:
https://github.com/emoose/re4-research/issues/26
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aXN-Kxt0jbt9HQk_YrUNEn4WalTyiw18u2XBeuhqMts/edit

These info are from people who worked for the HD mod of the Steam version, they even included a "NTSC Mode" to replicate the original balance as best as possible.

80Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It sucks that we found that sniper-exclusive speed being a purely visual change, because now with every piece of data in that document I think "did they test this" hahaha.

Interesting list all together though, surprised shooting the rock in 4-2 wasn't in the NTSC release.

81Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:22 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

I've seen this list floating around, hopefully it's fully accurate. Overall nothing too crazy aside from the ammo cap change and the ammo drop change. The Handgun nerf is weird and the Mine Thrower's price maybe is a bit too low now.

>NTSC Mode
I'm playing the UHD with this enabled but I don't know how much it does. It only mentions dynamic difficulty stuff, nothing about damage values or price changes.

82Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:44 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Regenerators have been spotted...

83Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:40 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>Regenerators

ugh, those jerks spook my guts off

84Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:53 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>DMC3 Arkham
A truly miserable fight. Strange being in the same game with A&R and Vergil.

>RE6
There are some similarities. RE6 had a sort of parry and crouching under attacks like 4R. Leon controls the most like an RE6 character too.

>stress level
I'd say around the same, maybe slightly higher? Hard to gauge from a demo but enemies are much more likely to surround you and resources seem a bit tighter, on top of the knife now being tied to a meter. In regards to Leon being a beast in 4R: he does seem to be, but keep in the mind that the roundhouse kick and shotgun are a bit worse, so while he has new tools, some of his existing ones took a hit.

>chainsaw mode
I didn't try it in the demo but it sounds like something I would hate. I'll stick to whatever mode has enemies react to things.

>regenerators
I wonder if the thermal scope is still in.

85Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

So I tried the demo and this game did NOT click with me at all. I think I need to give it another shot, but everything from the controls, the movement, the hit-reactions; it did not click or jibe or zone or jiff or flaff or whatever cool words kids use these days. I got to the village sections and just stopped.

Ironically it was really cool to see the village in a modern coating, think they did a great job visually. I do greatly miss Paul Mercier though. And seeing them turn the two most gamey-moments of the game (first enemy is immediately a fight+jump out window) turned into a fucking cutscene is beyond heresy.

86Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:36 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>jiff or flaff

love these

you haven't played RE6 right Roy?

87Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:05 am

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Is the combat not bussin for you Roy? Does it not make you want to dab on the haters?

Game informer has an interview where the devs acknowledge the difficulty of remaking re4. They gush over the new knife mechanics and removal of qtes. But re4r's gonna have little annoyances that re4r2 will have to iron out 15 years from now. I wonder if a visual remake like counter strike 2 would've worked better. Personally, I don't think the HD project does enough to justify downloading it, plus there's a lot of artistic changes.

Also, I love the character models of re engine, but they have this plasticky sheen to them, like they're smeared in vaseline. Maybe Ashley's new trick is to be so slippery she can't be caught. Ue5's metahuman demos today blew them out of the water, even if the mouths still look weird.

88Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:44 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>HD Project
I've been playing it recently and it's pretty good. Basically what an HD remaster should have been. The biggest problem is the use of daytime photos as textures, so you get this weird shadow effect that doesn't belong at night, and in general the use of photos can be pretty meh (using an horizontal photo for a terrain texture for example). I get why they did this, but they should have changed it. Still, it's miles better than the UHD edition and there's no reason not to play with it if you're on PC, even though the best way to experience the game is still probably the GC version on a CRT.

>this plasticky sheen to them
You can see the same with DMC5. The characters look great in cutscene but shit during gameplay when the lighting is all over the place.

89Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Played it a bit more, ironically swapping the voices to Japanese greatly increased enjoyment since it made it easier to seperate this game from the original.

It plays, upon closer inspection, way more like The Evil Within 2 which is just hilarious if you think about it. My main complaint still is how 'delayed' Leon is. You always have this feeling when he moves forward and you move him back, he delays a bit for 'cinematic weigth effect' or w/e. I miss the more arcadey movement of these types of games tbh. Made me feel more in control.

Also definitely not a fan of the parry, nor of the at times wonky hit reactions. The crosshair is also a definite downgrade over the lasersight.

90Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:54 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Alright, might give the hd mod another chance. Just hope it doesn't destroy my framerate like Nier A's hd mod. The only time a game I've played required an ssd.

Confirmed, Capcom signed up to New START, because the ballistics are gone. New Ashley has major girlboss energy: gaslight, gatekeep, green herb.

91Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:29 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Another reason to never touch this.

92Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:10 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Black Adam wrote:Alright, might give the hd mod another chance. Just hope it doesn't destroy my framerate like Nier A's hd mod. The only time a game I've played required an ssd.

Confirmed, Capcom signed up to New START, because the ballistics are gone. New Ashley has major girlboss energy: gaslight, gatekeep, green herb.
HD project is fantastic. My frame rate never dropped at 4k 60 FPS, just finished replaying the entire game.

93Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:17 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

Last edited by . on Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

94Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm one of those elitists that legit feels RE4 lost something in later re-releases. Maybe it's some of the fog effects or the crt-grit that makes the textures look flat. But when I play RE4 on my tube-tv it looks straight up like a game from the future with a fantastic atmosphere, while on my tv with every mod under the sun, it just looks...meh. Good, high quality, but meh.

95Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:57 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>hope it doesn't destroy my framerate
Had some drops but only at the beginning. I suspect that it happens only when you encounter certain textures for the first time.

>crt-grit
The CRT truly is magic. Even the best filter can't quite replicate it.

96Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:48 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Replayed it a few times, it's nice but there's so many weird off putting things. The one thing I will give credit for: I think that the bell rings within gameplay and you see the villagers just stop attacking you is a great touch. Really unsettling and superior to it being a straight up cutscene.

97Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:59 am

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Replayed it a few times, it's nice but there's so many weird off putting things. The one thing I will give credit for: I think that the bell rings within gameplay and you see the villagers just stop attacking you is a great touch. Really unsettling and superior to it being a straight up cutscene.
Yeah I'm playing the full game rn and it definitely has a really sinister and more serious tone than the original. I'm really glad they added this because I wanted more of a horror twist but with the same level of action which they seem to have delivered thus far.

What's off putting so far for you?

Btw Raeng, Xbox controllers have huge deadzone issues which effects movement and aiming. I had to switch to my DS4 on PC lol

98Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:15 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I use my custom-xbox controller (The Duke) which doesn't have that issue from what I noticed.

> off putting
It's super, super weird for me to play a game that's so different from the original, but constantly see things I recognize. Like with RE2make it had a totally new camera angle which made it 'fresh', but this is just uncanny valley for me at times. As a result you expect shit to work that doesn't and the other way around.

You liking your time with it so far? I'm sadly super broke currently since I splurged too much on my SeriesX so don't have the cash to buy RE4make. I'll get it later.

99Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:53 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:I use my custom-xbox controller (The Duke) which doesn't have that issue from what I noticed.

> off putting
It's super, super weird for me to play a game that's so different from the original, but constantly see things I recognize. Like with RE2make it had a totally new camera angle which made it 'fresh', but this is just uncanny valley for me at times. As a result you expect shit to work that doesn't and the other way around.

You liking your time with it so far? I'm sadly super broke currently since I splurged too much on my SeriesX so don't have the cash to buy RE4make. I'll get it later.
Yh really liking it so far. There's a steep learning curve for R4MAKE but once it clicks, it goes hard. The demo had me worried but full game plays smoother imo, the movement is better compared to the demo and I'm pretty sure the melee kick's hitbox has been widened because I downed 4 Ganados with a spinning heel kick. 

I'll keep you updated lol

How's Hi-Fi Rush going?

100Resident Evil 4: The Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 4: The Remake Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:07 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

A sparrow told me this game added lmaoparries and that as a result we now have
>durability on knives
>mob attacks now track so they can shill the parry.
So I'm just here to register yet again how much I hate parries and how much they ruin movement based evasion(and knife ruins)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum