5does
Shane
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 20]

501Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>It can take awhile to level the right jobs at times, though

Indeed, especially if you're doing a low level run. There's only a handful of instances in the game where you can actually grind for Ability points and not obtain Experience points in the process. That's excluding bosses, of course. Low level runs also suffer from not having enough currency most of the time to buy stuff, the only way to get decent amounts of gil is to steal something and sell it to a shop.

Those problems mostly vanish until you can face Movers though. They give zero experience IIRC, tons of money, and tons of ABP. A shame that they don't appear until the endgame. But what I mean by 'mostly' is that you still need to level up certain jobs if you want to deal decent damage to things way over your level, not to mention that you also need some defensive tools.

>I had no plan when I started playing the game, so maybe that could help alleviate any of the potential grind that one might incur from mistakes

Same. I just was unfortunate enough to just happen to miss out on the actual good stuff that the game offers, so I just thought it was 'decent' back then.

As they say, knowledge is power.

>emulator

Probably your best bet, especially for frame-skipping the ABP grinding parts.

502Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:18 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I think I might need a dice to decide which game to play next. It could be either a true low level run on FFV, A Link Between Worlds (just finished A Link to the Past, and I want more of that 2D style), Majora's Mask (the original), Guardian Heroes, or Mischief Makers. I have equal interest in trying all of them.

To anyone who played a couple of Zelda games, which one(s) are your favorite(s)?

503Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Played all of the Zeldas, including some challenge runs in some. Personally my top 5 would equate to, in random order:

Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Oracle games
Link Between Worlds
Link to the Past

I know a lot of people like Majora, but that game was just far too depressing and stressful for me to play. It is not a game you can play in a relaxing fashion. TP lacked the experimentation with items imo. Skyward Sword was far too story focused. Zelda 1 and 2 are well worth playing, but be warned that they have less handholding than anyone tells you they do - it's pretty neat though.

Wind Waker is just a gem. Fantastic artstyle, looks gorgeous on a CRT, great music, fun combat and items to use, lots to explore. OoT is a classic and a must play for the innovations it brought, but Master Quest has just such better dungeons it is hard not to recommend it over the original.
Oracle Games are super fun too. Very experimental and some of Capcom's best work imo. Link Between Worlds was just a really fresh and polished take on the formula. LLTP *is* the birth of the formula.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

504Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:22 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Oracle games

Interesting. Did you enjoy these more than Link's Awakening? Only played the latter, and people keep telling me that LA is way superior.

>Majora

According to fans, the bosses are the only upside over OoT. Seems like this game is either a ''love it or hate it'' type.

>Zelda 1 and 2 are well worth playing, but be warned that they have less handholding than anyone tells you they do

Agreed. IIRC 1's map doesn't tell you where is the next dungeon, you just start besides the cave where there's the sword, and then it's up to you to find all dungeons by yourself. Without a guide, I dunno if I could solve the Lost Woods' mystery, among a couple others I forgot. Just happened to beat 2 a month ago, and pretty much everytime I got stuck in that game was trying to figure out how to solve a certain mini quest like obtaining a spell. Finding dungeons and traversing them wasn't a major problem.

>Master Quest

Ah yes, I've yet to try that. Good thing the 3DS remake has both the original and MQ. Does anything other than dungeon layouts get changed at all? Besides the overworld being mirrored of course. Stuff like bosses.

505Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Oracles
Link's Awakening is just a good game. The Oracles really try some funky weird mechanics, give Link the ability to summon allies like a boxing kangaroo (yes) and their unique functions like weather control are pretty neat. Link's Awakening is cool, but it sort of blends into the rest for me, while the Oracle games (especially Seasons) offers something unlike the rest of the series. Minish Cap does something similar but it didn't take it all the way imo.

> majora
It has more to offer in terms of narative than OoT. On a gameplay-side though it is all about pressure play from the game towards you. Also is pretty big on form-switching (goron form, zora form etc.)

> master quest
The gamecube version doesn't mirror the world, so play that one if possible. Messes with your mind less. The mirroring ... I have no idea why they added that.

And it changes dungeon lay-outs but as a result also introduces harder fights (remixed enemies).

In the 3DS version the map is also switches and enemies get a 100% damage buff.

506Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Oracle games offer something unique

I see. Nothing said about them got me as interested until now. I'll have to try them when I finish playing those other games.

>Gamecube version doesn't mirror the world

Didn't know that, I thought every version of MQ did that. Unfortunately playing the GC version isn't an option for me right now.

507Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Curious to hear what you think. Note that Oracle of Ages and Seasons are 'linked'. If you beat one and input the 'victory code' into the other you get a slightly remixed version of the other game. Kind of like LeonA and ClaireB from RE2 if you get me.

So it's technically 4 games. AgesA, SeasonsB, AgesB and SeasonsA in a sense haha. Each game's B scenario has a super boss at the end that's the true final boss. Stuff like that really makes them stick out imo. Games also have the Rock Feather which is great and a cape that lets Link fly - just a ton of fun little weapons and abilities. Highly recommended.

> cube version
Emulation?

508Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:24 pm

hebass

C-Rank

Awww yah, linking the Oracle games together. Such a great feature. The Zelda series is my favorite series of any game series, hands down. The original was my first video game ever owned (with Super Mario Bros. as well). Since you mentioned A Link Between Worlds, I thoroughly enjoyed this game and still enjoy A Link to the Past whenever I play it...so you can’t go wrong there if you’re still into that play style.

I agree that Wind Waker is phenomenal. It’s beautiful, fun, relaxing at times, and very charming. Its the first game to have leg bends match the environment! (running up stairs, etc). The amount of facial expressions they were able to pull off with their cel shaded scheme was remarkable to help feel the emotions of the characters.

Ocarina of Time and Majorca’s Mask are classics, too. Agreed, they are different in feel...but you eventually get things that make it much less stressful.

Honestly, though...I’ve enjoyed every single entry in the series all the way to the latest...so if you like the style, you could nerd out and play them in release order. That would be my recommendation if you’re loving it enough.

509Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:11 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Curious to hear what you think. Note that Oracle of Ages and Seasons are 'linked'. If you beat one and input the 'victory code' into the other you get a slightly remixed version of the other game. Kind of like LeonA and ClaireB from RE2 if you get me.
Never played anything other than RE4 unfortunately, but I get what you're saying. That's a pretty cool thing.

Are the Oracle games short, relative to other Zelda games?

>Rock Feather

Always enjoyed jumping over gaps that the devs didn't intend players to cross without the Pegasus Boots in Link's Awakening with just the right timing. Hopefully you can do that in the Oracles too.

So which order would you recommend me to play them? Save the best for last (based on your input about Seasons), or play the best first?

>emulation

Not sure if OoT is considered a lightweight game. Then again, my understanding about the emulation scene is that GC/Wii emulation is far more well developed than the PS2 one, because the latter is more complex (correct me if I'm wrong). But seeing that this PC is 32-bits, I'll be stuck with the obsolete version of Dolphin. I guess I'll just have to see for myself if this PC can run it at all or not.

>Wind Waker

I'll have to put this in my backlog. Heard nothing but good things about it.

510Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good question regarding play-order..not a clue honestly. The changes are minor mind you. I would say start with Seasons. Seasons is more combat/action focused, while Ages has more puzzles. Both are a dream though.

> WW
Let us know when you do. As noted, all Zelda games have qualities and are great, some just shine about the rest. WW just has that...something. It isn't a mechanically deep game by any means, but it has a lot of heart.

511Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:25 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Seasons is more combat focused

Noted. Then I'll go for that one.

>WW

Just to be clear, Wii U and later versions fixed the sailing, right?

512Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:50 am

hebass

C-Rank

>Sailing

If by fixed, you mean that you can sail faster; then yes, they did add a way to sail faster in the HD version.

Hope you enjoy whichever ones you go for!

513Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:40 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I would recommend, personally (and this is massive nostalgia) to play the original. Its artstyle is far better imo and the fast-sail is a fix for a weird complaint. Sailing is supposed to take a while. You sit in the boat, relax, explore, wonder what's out there. By speeding things up as such I'd like to quote my boy Matthew: "what was once the great ocean, is now the great puddle" haha.

514Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I see. But now that I think about it, I'm more likely to try the GC version than the Wii U one, unless the game comes out for Switch. Come to think of it, the only two games I was going to play on a Wii U was Super Mario 3D World, and Wonderful 101, but those came out on Switch.

Then again, Wii U is backwards compatible, is it not?

515Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:00 pm

hebass

C-Rank

I definitely concur, the sailing was never an issue for me either; it was enjoyable. There’s quite the enjoyment that occurred when anticipating each new place to visit when you see it on the horizon. However, if there is anything I’ve learned in my old age, is that the human race wants things now more often than not :)

516Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The WiiU only plays WiiU and Wii games (and whatever is on its VC). While it still has some good games, the reason to own a WiiU has drastically been cut back lately with all the remakes/re-releases etc.

517Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Anybody here like Bioshock? I fired it up again to show the wife and I’ve been hooked. Never fully appreciated how awesome this one is.

518Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:04 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I only played the demo. I only played and beaten Bioshock Infinite.

By the way: https://screenrant.com/playstation-4-clock-battery-dies-games-stop-working/
https://in.ign.com/ps4/156581/news/ps4-clock-battery-death-will-kill-your-ability-to-play-games-report

Just as a heads up for both physical and digital games.

519Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

PS2 seems to be the same.

I bought a brand new slim about a year ago. Couldn't get past the browser half the time. On the rare chance I did the game would freeze. Researched and found it was something to do with the click battery too.

I guess as long as you don't leave it inactive for too long it should be fine.

520Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Anybody here like Bioshock?

Bioshock is one of my favorite games of all time. Replayability is so great. Difficulty is just right especially if you play that super hard mode that was added for ps3 and HD version.
Bioshock is one of those kind of games we may never see again. Like RE4, huge budget but full creative freedom.

521Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:05 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Hmm.

I might look into it then. Not really into first person shooters though.

522Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:56 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>clock battery

Between this and the PS3 store shutting down...wow.

>Bioshock

Yeah man, it’s really excellent. Between the plasmids and ammo types, there’s so much freedom and creativity in the combat. The enemy placements are organic, and level design is top tier too. I love how valuable money is, you can use it for EVERYTHING: shops, insta hacks, cracking open safes, heal stations, etc. And all of these things have work arounds too(I’ve been destroying heal stations and getting lucky with 2 first aid kits dropping, so cool). I think this is why this game is really landing with me where stuff like Deus Ex doesn’t; you have shit loads of tools and one currency that you can make a ton of decisions with, rather than having a bunch of skill trees to make progress slow and gate you behind things.

I’m playing on Hard and honestly the big daddies are kind of kicking my ass, any tips?

523Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I remember shortly playing the second game and quite liking it, but never got around to actually playing it, same with the first one. I did play the third (Infinite) and didn't really enjoy it. Isn't Prey by the same team? That game is fantastic.

524Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:01 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I've not played the whole game, but I actually used the first mission of Bioshock in my university dissertation. I interviewed a few people and asked them questions about how the audio effected their immersion in the game. I should really play the whole thing - I'll just add it to my infinite backlog!

525Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:13 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

How are the remastered versions?

526Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>Prey by the same team

Different afaik, that was developed by Arkane, Bioshock was developed by Irrational(or 2K or whatever you want to call them). Decent bit of overlap with the design style though.

>should really play the whole thing

I’m a little over halfway through and as of now, I give it my highest recommendation. Completely worth your time.

>how are the remastered versions

No complaints here. Look and run great. No patches or anything needed as far as I can tell.

527Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:16 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>big daddies

It is all about the prep. They aren't aggro initially so set tons of traps and get all of your ammos set up properly before triggering them. Follow them around for a bit and find areas with barrels or oil, etc. to use to your advantage.
Different daddies have different fighting styles, the melee ones will chase you right through electric wire traps.
Just save often and experiment. You can come up with so many cool setups for daddies.

TheSeraphim17's walkthrough is great for any general tips also.

One thing I learned from Seraphims walkthrough is how broken telekinesis is. It basically one hit KOs every normal enemy and costs little mana. You can also use corpses to chain kill kinesis, sort of like pulling limbs of necros in dead space 2.

>Prey

Watered down shallow husk compared to bioshock or system shock. Doesn't hold a candle, still enjoyed prey at release. Mostly found it way too easy. Prey is like what cold fear is to RE4. No compare.

528Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Prey
High praise to Bioshock to call it like that I'd say. The Goopgun, the combat in general, the C-beam stuff, really enjoyed my 10~ runs through that game including the NUR. Are you being a bit cheeky or is it really such a jump in quality? Sounds pretty cool.

> Cold Fear
Fun side-game, but did teach me that the camera system RE4 originally wanted was absolutely aweful.

529Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:41 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Are you being a bit cheeky or is it really such a jump in quality?

Definitely a bit cheeky lol. PREY is great for sure, but it truly is a mini Bioshock.
Bioshock had like 10 guns each with 3 ammo types. So many plasmids and tonics available. The depth, replay-ability, and tools available is absolutely staggering.

I played PREY on the hardest difficulty and broke the challenge in about 3 hours.
Too easy to avoid damage, too easy to avoid emeies, way too many resources available.
Bioshock you are happy to see standard pistol bullets probably 70% of the way through.... on hard.

PREY is probably my second favorite game last gen, after TEW, loved PREY's atmosphere.
If you did 10 runs of PREY you need to play Bioshock ASAP. Play the hd version on the hardest difficulty, at night with good headphones.

You will absolutely love it.

530Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

hedfone are you playing original or remaster?

531Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:52 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Yeah, the tools in Bioshock are definitely crazy. All guns have multiple ammo types, so many great plasmids, shitloads of environmental stuff, multiple ways to apply each plasmid to different situations, not to mention the enemies are quite deadly.

I really love so many random things about this game. The option to pay for a hack at a shop or turret is just great. Love the heal stations. I’m constantly using sound to pick out where enemies are. Turning enemies on each other is a joy. There is SO much stuffed into every room of this game and I have such a blast just exploring. Combining ammo types to be ready for any situation always has me thinking. Blowing enemies into an oil pool and then lighting it on fire rules. Also, this might be the best flamethrower-type weapon I’ve ever seen.

Fucking beast of a game.

532Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>original or remaster?

Only spent significant time with bioshock 2 remastered.
From what I played of 1 they seem fine. Worse in some areas graphically/ artistically.
Remastered 1 has a harder hard mode that was added in the ps3 version.

533Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:24 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Anyone played Langrisser 1&2? There's a remake on PS4. Looks fun.

534Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:07 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Beat Bioshock. Immediately booted up Bioshock 2, and I beat it in 3 sittings. As much as I loved the first game, I actually ended up enjoying 2 quite a bit more. I seriously could not stop playing it.

Super excited to play through them both again.

535Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

2 has way better gameplay no doubt. Even more options and feels much more snappy. It is just too easy. It's hard isn't near as hard as Bioshock 1, and it never received a super hard mode.

Be sure to play Minerva's Den! Very good.

536Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Oh yeah, I’ll play Minerva’s Den for sure. I played 1 on Hard but for some reason played 2 on Normal and yeah, I absolutely breezed through it. But I spent so much time experimenting and doing crazy stuff I didn’t really think about how much easier it was. Will probably 1 on survivor before I play 2 on hard, and I may do some kind of restriction to make 2 more challenging.

537Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>I may do some kind of restriction to make 2 more challenging.

For 2 bare minimum is no health or mana upgrades. There are some more broken plasmids like the summon drones being especially broken.

I have been thinking of trying a no save run on Bioshock 1. As in you only save when you stop playing. With the chambers you can't really die, but not being able to save scum hacks, or bosses would be interesting. Especially if you used a ton of resources only to die near the end. They get their health back and you lose all that ammo.

538Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Anyone getting Saga Frontier Remastered?

539Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Question about modding a console: can a modded PS2 also play modded/region free PS1? I'm looking to buy a RegionFree PS2 so I can just buy whatever I need/want for myself for my bday haha. Any suggestions?

540Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:25 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

@Birdman

I picked up a copy of neverdead. Do you have any general tips? Especially for those enemy spawners. They seem impervious to damage. I tried slicing every direction and angle on them.
This game is very weird. Playing hardcore if it matters.

Also do you know what melee and gun impulse is in the skills menu? I guess some sort of stagger?

541Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:22 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I can't remember much about it.

I barely touched the sword.

I think you can get a skill that makes gunshots stun or knockdown enemies. I remember largely shooting. The rest of the time I was finding out of bounds glitches.

542Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:28 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Ah ok. Shooting seems very trash early game hardcore. It just does no damage. The spawner guys remind me of the chaos legion spawners, I just can't figure out the weakness in neverdead. Gonna keep messing with it. I like that it sort of forces all players to attempt no damage or they becoming a flying head lol. Pretty fun as I play most new games from a no damage mindset.

543Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I have this feeling I used the handguns a lot. My memories of this game are a blur. I don't think I played the highest setting.

544Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Always had an eye on that game but never committed. IIRC it is only on the PS3/X360, not yet in the BC program on X1. When it is I might give it a whirl. You were pretty positive about it right Bird?

545Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Found it reasonably unique and enjoyed my time with it but would never touch it again. Sold it years ago.

546Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:49 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>reasonably unique

This is THE reason to play never dead. So many weird unique choices.

547Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I just remembered, the one thing I never messed with was the exploding body part thing. You could pull off an arm and throw it like a grenade or something.

You could also make a dismembered arm keep firing the gun it's holding. Really odd shit you don't see anywhere.

548Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

549Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:15 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Anyone care about Returnal? I've been playing Nier 1 and 2 and all of the shmup patterns look like babies first shmup in comparison.
I looked up the final boss and even it's patterns were laughably easy to dodge.
The rogue like thing seems bad too. Like they couldn't come up with actual game design, or difficulty, so boom rogue like.
'I like the way the aliens look though.

550Chatting about games - Page 11 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>persona strikers
I have it, I’ve played about 15 hours. There’s some things I don’t like so I stopped playing a while ago.

>anyone care about Returnal
Nope. Not sure why they went the roguelike route. For me it’s like open world; it almost always immediately kills any interest I could have in a game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum