TheFirmament1
RedShot
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Royta/Raeng
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

51Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Was trying to cosplay will as Kariya"Hand of God" Kagetoki. Chiefly his Samurai Champloo appearance. Looks like a feudal Japan bum but he kicks ass*With His KI*

Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 9c0374cc52929ba8231a93de4b6b66b236c9ee71_hq

Can we post gifs?

52Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I appreciate that Nioh lets you change levels at will, that's something that no end of games with levelling fail to do, so if they have a NG+ you'll be unable to change your level, your usually OP which is lame as fuck to me to 1shot everything. All games with levelling should let you change it at will somehow, especially for NG+, just so thoughtless on the part of the devs otherwise.

I say this as I've been looking into FF15 since it looks neat and it's MG+ has no level changer of some kind, so your OP, yay! Stupid level trite, you beat the game let me change it, a common curtesy i say.

53Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

They also added a stone that allows you to 'save' your amrita. So if you reset your level you can store all your amrita in that stone and just continue playing or do a NG+4 SL1 run if you want! Really well done.

I don't know about gifs. I believe you'll have to use HTML sadly :/

https://stinger.actieforum.com

54Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:55 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Real tired of all the comparisons to souls, come on guys, pick another game, like NG or Onimusha to compare it to if you have to. It's the fundamental issue I have with souls-like as a sub genre, because no matter the strengths or faults of a game, it's always like-souls.

55Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

So the complete edition came out on PS4 huh?

Part of me wants to play it but there's no way I can grind all that absurdity to get the build I want. I'd love to have a gun build with unlimited ammo attributes and just sit back and back up pals in multiplayer. Sadly that's never going to happen.

56Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:57 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Birdman wrote:So the complete edition came out on PS4 huh?

Part of me wants to play it but there's no way I can grind all that absurdity to get the build I want. I'd love to have a gun build with unlimited ammo attributes and just sit back and back up pals in multiplayer. Sadly that's never going to happen.

Maybe there's a way to use a save editor? Because yeah getting to a competant level will take 5 whole playthroughs... haha.. affraid

57Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:26 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Just started this game and I'm having huge trouble with the second boss (Hino-Enma). Her damage is insane, two hits and I'm dead. I'm using a low stance katana with B agility and no living weapon because I want a honest win, but it's still very hard.

I've passed that point, I'm against Nue now. I understand its moveset, but I have to be more careful.

58Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:05 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

I mapped R2 to dodge in this game, and it really worked quite well. I think games with face buttons for attack should have their dodges on shoulder buttons.

Sadly, I had to turn it back, because I then realized I had to use R1 + R2 to switch to low stance. :/

59Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Sorry @Redshot, for some reason I totally missed this comment, only to see it now. Are you still struggling with the game or since abandonned it? I could offer some tips if you wish still :)

60Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:47 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Don't worry, Hino-Enma teached me the game and Nue was easier than I thought. I did some other bosses but after that I stopped. I like this game but I prefer shorter titles and I'm a bit tired of souls-like ones. I want to play it when I'm in the right mood like I did with Bloodborne. Nioh is way more interesting for me so I don't want to ruin my experience with it.

61Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:11 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah is really fun when you start tinkering with Flux II and its setups, you can really play the game in an offensive nature ala Ninja Gaiden if you have the setup right, very fun to do honestly. But it is really long, cannot argue. If you want to get the real experience i.e. Way of the Nioh difficulty's extreme missions, you're looking at 100-200 hours easily before you've gotten that far.

62Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Just picked up this game again, and I just remembered why I quit it.

I'm sorry Nioh, but Darksiders 2 proved 5 years before release, that Diablo-style loot doesn't belong in action games. It just makes everything more tedious.

Also, Team Ninja, have you seriously not learned from Ninja Gaiden 3? Stop shoehorning bad God of War bosses into your games. It sucked back in Ninja Gaiden 2, and Dark Souls, and it still sucks here.

63Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The sad part is that once you get decent gear, the only real change it offers is that you can still kill enemies are a regular tempo. Which is a shame because the underlying game, namely its combat system, is a stroke of genius and really shows that Team Ninja still knows its stuff.

I really hope the sequel will just have weaker 'scaling' gear that you can equip and it will just keep you decently up to date so you don't have to worry about weapons, stats and all that stuff.

> God of War bosses
Which one? Umi-Bozu?

64Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:01 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Yeah, Umi-Bozu, and Great Centipede.

65Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Umi-Bozu is a pretty fun fight when you get him down, I think that if the game didn't have other elements to it like builds it's a pretty interesting mechanic. Namely that you can buff yourself, at the cost of enemies spawning, with said buff being a reward for exploration (the torches).

Great Centipede is....well...

He has issues.

66Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I'm going to be playing this for the first time. I think I am going to go with Action Mode. Has anybody tried all three modes? I'm saying this because it makes it appear that there might be performance problems.

67Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:56 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

On console Movie Mode is 30 fps with increased bloom and some spiced up visuals, honestly it isn't worth it. It feels like playing under water. Action Mode has less visual effects but runs at a buttery smooth 60fps. Enjoy man!

68Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:39 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

So I started a new file (I don't know why...) with Tonfas as my main weapon. Early game at least, Shove is overpowered as fuck. I Square Square Triangle'd Onryoki to death on my second attempt, and before at least, Onryoki constantly wrecked me. Cathartic as hell to stomp a boss that used to give me a ton of trouble.

69Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The Tonfa is a fantastic and fun weapon, though it does suffer in the damage department. Playing Nioh is all about managing overpoweredness, you can get so broken it is nuts. There are literal 'invincible' builds which is nuts haha. Glad you're liking it more!

70Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Oh boy, just got to Hino-Enma, and I don't even remember how I beat her the first time.

Not sure whether I'd rather resist paralysis, or be able to block her attacks.

71Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

She's really the newcomerkiller. Aside from basic "learn her pattern", there are a few secrets that make her easier. When she goes into the air, stand underneath her, she'll do a dive attack which can be easily avoided and leads to her being in a long recovery animation for free punishes. Depending on the weapon you can also parry the charge attack she does initially at the start of the fight.

Good luck!

72Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Got her.

Trick was to basically stay fairly close to her, and block her attacks, and dodge the lunges, grabs, and breath. Not as hard as I remembered.

And Tonfas are fucking awesome. Next time I play Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I'm definitely giving these a run. And If/When Ninja Gaiden 4 comes out, I hope they bring Tonfas back.

EDIT: Aaaaaand nevermind. The game blackscreened after I skipped the cutscene following it, and I have to do it again. Optimize your fucking games on PC, Team Ninja. Also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but sometimes, my ki starts regenerating, and then just restarts in the middle of doing so.

73Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good job, but sorry about the freeze haha!

Regarding Ki. That could be so many things, you standing in Yokai Realms, to your regeneration buffs running out (if you have any). The port of Nioh was decent iirc though. Nothing fantastic, but there are far worse on PC. That said, it's a Japanese game on PC. It is basically a charity.

74Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Also, it would be real nice if the black and white particle effect was ALWAYS on the grab attack. I find that that attack is telegraphed so much less clearly than literally all of her other attacks.

75Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:50 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Goddammit, finally beat her.

There is absolutely no excuse for how fucking unfair that black screen was. I happen to have terrible luck with this sort of stuff: Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 each got their save files corrupted... 3 times. I'm not kidding, across the 2 of them, They were corrupted 6 times.

DmC: Definitive Edition got corrupted once as well.

And my Wii froze after beating Disciple Lorithia in Xenoblade... Who, by the way, is the hardest boss in the main game.

76Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:39 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I've only ever had that happen twice in my life, and one was enough to send a controller flying through the room, the other saw me not touch Vanquish for a long time. So I can fully understand the rage.

77Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:45 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

The thought of you of all people actually wrecking a controller is quite shocking to me.

78Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Anyway, Great Centipede was pissing me off with his camera locking, wall clipping (He was literally attacking me through walls, and when I stunned him, he'd clip right into the wall, so I couldn't hit him), input dropping action, and then I realized that I just can't be bothered to go through that shit again after the first time I went through it. My patience for these glitches was already running thin, after I had to restart Hino Enma some time earlier today.

I decided to discard any honour I was hoping to hold during this fight, and just fucking skipped it entirely by just cheatengine-ing it.

I am not fucking bothering with this

But you guys said that you can change your level postgame, yeah? If that's the case, I might come back to him once I've gotten better at the game, and in a better mood.

79Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:11 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The Centipede is really borked, and thankfully you only fight him in that mission. He and Umi-Bozu are the only bosses that never make a return thankfully. And yeah you can replay the entire game and switch difficulties on the fly.

Also, I saw your Tweets and really loved hearing it man. Glad you're enjoying it so much! Nioh really is better played going ham. Ironically, it is something even Kotaku (of all places) noted. Can you imagine that...
> smashing controller
It was in Max Payne 3. I was doing New York Minute Hardcore. I reached the final boss and my game crashed. Once you play NYMH, you will understand why my controller flew haha! The other time I got close was during my No-Death Vanquish attempt on God Hard. My record is currently at 5 deaths, which was that run. I managed to reach the final boss with zero deaths, only to have the game suddenly clip me through the ground and die. I have never seen this happen before. Lost my mojo and died 4 times afterwards too.

80Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:55 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

spider nest castle

i'm arachnophobic

and it happens that these spiders are really well animated

81Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Hahaha same here!

That place was terrifying.

82Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:51 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

I'm honestly shocked at how much more I'm enjoying this game more than the first time I played it.

Like, goddamn. My perception of how a video game should play, and what it should be has changed so much this past year. I really owe a lot of that to Roy.

83Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:02 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Really glad to hear it man, makes all this worth while! Where are you at now with Nioh? :)

84Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:13 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Finished off Yuki-Onna.

85Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good to hear! That was the breakpoint for a lot of players, most got stuck on her for some reason.

86Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:24 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

I find that odd as well. Yuki-Onna's a pretty tricky fight, but she isn't even close to the infuriating mess that was the Great Centipede.

87Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:36 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Once again, not to come off as a prick, but I'm pretty shocked by how much better I've gotten at games since last year.

White Tiger used to be an insanely hard boss for me, and even when I beat it, it took quite a few minutes. Just now, I wiped the guy out first try in about 40 seconds.

88Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good to hear man! White Tiger gave me a lot of trouble initially too. It really is a 'Team Ninja boss', in that it really is agressive and need some memorization and rush down to nail.

89Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:26 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Survey Results for the Nioh 2 beta here:

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh2/trial-result-en.html

Unsurprisingly, nerfs incoming. Gotta say that I enjoyed it when Itagaki just straight-up doubled down on the difficulty when people said it was too hard.

90Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

These changes don't make me at all comfortable. There's some good notes like a slight rebalance regarding Yokai Shift and the tracking of the Switchglaive. But the majority of the feedback shows that players didn't dive as deep as they could.

Most of the Burst Counters were already well balanced, some were just high-risk high-reward, and there were other uses for them most didn't find.

Some that I noticed and made me sad:

> Adjust the life and attack strength parameters of enemies. In particular, reduce the Ki damage inflicted on the player

> Make adjustments so that yokai enemies become downed when their maximum Ki limit is reduced

> Reduce the Ki recovery speed for yokai in the Yokai Realm

> Adjust the location of shrines. In particular, shrines that were in hard to find places will be easier to find

> Alleviate the penalty to Ki recovery speed while inside the Dark Realm

> Adjust the bonus amount of Yokai Force earned in the Dark Realm

That last one is especially weird, since this will mean Dark Realm will be a suicide for bosses.

91Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:20 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Okay, so you know how you can knock enemies in a stun state, and then proceed to do a big critical hit after draining their ki?

I don't know if this applies to ALL human enemies, but for Okatsu, you can just keep on attacking after she's stunned, and knocked down, so as soon as she gets up, you can do the standard critical hit thing, in addition to all your previous attacks.

So no more deciding whether to knock them down first for a crit, or going straight for the crit: You attack them, let them get up, and then crit.

92Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

There are whole loops involved with knocked down enemies, especially regarding Iai and Sign of the Cross - it is absolutely bonkers. You can stunlock nearly all foes infinitely. Really fun haha!

93Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:17 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Been using the new weapons Tonfas/Odachi exclusively. Very fun. I love the tonfas for humans and the odachi for yokai. Great move-set for both, odachi specifically.
They definitely nerfed the enemies jeez, but I get it's for the end game.
Don't enjoy fighting onryoki or those yokai humans with the pickaxe. Other than that everything is solid. Fighting the revenants is great fun, From could learn something from the AI here. Playing offline as I think the worst thing about Nioh is the online gravestones every 3 feet.
I feel there should be an animation to yokais getting there ki back. Just comboing something only for it to regain ki mid combo and drop a pollution is kind of dumb. Like wave your hands around or something.
The whole pollution thing is stupid and just makes for an annoying game, as it forces you to play a certain way.

Some Q's

Does item level or rarity matter, or should I just worry about stat stats?

How does familiarity work. If my weapon is full, should I be swapping to similar items to fill up new familiarity? I noticed I get things sometimes for filling it

Even though I don't want to level Ninja or Magic, I am getting random points. What are the best abilities here for a melee focused build?

Also which element is the go to as far as item buffs, and do bosses have weaknesses?

Can you upgrade toughness or whatever enough to block things without draining so much ki, or is dodging required? I would prefer it like NG where it is a good 50/50

What builds are there, is it just what weapons you use? Bman mentions gun builds but that doesn't really seem viable with how much the animation locks you in and the ammo. In souls you can play the whole game just casting spells, are things like that possible here?

94Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Unless they changed things from Nioh 1:

> rarity
Higher rarity means it has the ability to have more abilities, so a purple weapon has 5 slots, while a blue only has 3. At the same level higher rarity usually also has better stats.

> abilities
Generally aim for things that increase Ki, attack power or give you some sort of healing and or ranged attack option. You don't have to make a ranged build. But being able to pull things when out of arrows is nice, same with having a quick in-combat ranged option.

> weaknesses
Bosses have weaknesses, but what this generally means is a minor damage change but mostly that you can apply a status effect a lot faster.

> toughness
You can get it to 200 using light armour, which is the sweet spot.

Note again, this is Nioh 1 notes. Could've changed it in Nioh 2.

95Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:54 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Finally got past where I was on ps4 release Yuki-Onna. Didn't have much trouble this time, and found a much better shrine to runback. It's funny reading that's where people dipped out haha, I was one of them. I still think the bat lady is technically more difficult, she just has less health at the time. I have been all over the gear this playthrough and it really makes a difference. It gets tedious though.
Surprised how much better I am doing than my first time. Killed Umi, Nue, Spider lady, all first shot.
Umi and Nue game me a lot of trouble last time, not sure why.

I have been going with a magic build it has some good passives like purification distance. Sloth is cheesy as hell, but nice to have if I am bored of runbacks. Using the Katana and Odachi. I absolutely love the Odachi for Yokai. I love comboing between styles into a ki flux 2 and back. A lot of fun. The Katana is mostly for one on one humans. I started with tonfas but it seems like the good stuff is unlocked later. Also trying to learn demon dance when you are a noob was difficult. Seems like more of a NG+ weapon. The katana and bow also both scale off of the ki stat so it helps to save the points.

When this game is good, it is absolutely incredible. Comboing a yoki, constantly ki fluxing back to full where he never gets a chance to move, is great. The guard skills and combo enders let you really style on things. Players like Miduki playing the game at a whole ’nother level, compared to your average youtube scrubber that just want to play souls poke and roll.

When it is bad though, it is a chore to get myself to play it. Centipede was a major low.

96Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Excellent write-up and very recognisable. The bat-lady as mentioned is also a major roadblock for most early adopters, since that boss really punishes passive players badly, while agressive players nuke her down in seconds flat. Same goes a bit for Yuki.

I think you'll also love the Tonfa, but as noted you really need its special skills to get the weapon to flow better. You can also check out XLHGladatior who does great videos on the games, Proto is also fantastic.

The Centipede though, what a mess...

97Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:27 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Recently kicked off another Way of the Samurai playthrough, because why not? This game never gets old for me.

I've been using the odachi, and this thing is crazy fun. Being able to switch to another stance in a combo opens up so many possibilities. For example, I stun the enemy using quick attacks with low stance, and then when they're stunned, I can then follow up with a high stance heavy attack to quickly finish them off.

I think I've found a new favourite weapon.

98Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I loved how the Odachi implements stance-switching in attacks. Really reminds me that we haven't really ever gotten a Gen/Ivy/Siegfried type character in a propper action game that constantly switches stances with different moves.

> way of the samurai
> no way of the nioh

Firma please.

99Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:13 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Too many times I just play for a couple of weeks non-stop, and then I don't play for months. I suck at muscle memory, I know.

100Nioh general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nioh general discussion Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The worst thing to come out of muscle memory is that I am now forever destined to play with an inverted X-axis camera thanks to PS2 action games haha. Glad to hear you're enjoying Nioh again :)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum