You are not connected. Please login or register

Metroid Prime Remastered

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Metroid Prime Remastered Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Just started it.

The plant enemy's poison projectile can be shot which sends it back but in a different form. Kills it instantly. Or you can just gun it down. I love things like this. Hoping for more. Just got Morph Ball.

2Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:13 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I finished this a couple days after it came out. Such a classic. It has its flaws but it's so nice to play a game like this in a time where games never shut up and talk to us like we're ten years old.

3Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:35 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I’ve got morph ball boost, and yes it feels so good. Now I have to go back to chozo ruin.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

4Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Didn't like the first boss much. Very on rails. Afraid the rest of the bosses and enemies might have the same problem.

Got the heat suit and now I've somehow ended up in the snow region after barely exploring the volcano-like one.

5Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> bosses
It's not an action game. Prime 1's bosses are very "scan and hit the weakpoint" though some later ones are cool, they're either puzzle bosses and there's one or two that allow for some pretty cool creativity.

If you want bosses then Metroid Prime 2 is the one you want, some fantastic ones in that one.

> barely exploring Magmoor
Magmoor is more a connection area, from where you go from one area to the next, like a set of tunnels. Only area in the game without a boss-fight.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

6Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:51 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>not action game
True and I'm not asking for one. That basic plant enemy was really good. I hit back it's projectile by accident. Love discovering things like that.

>Metroid Prime 2
If they remake it too. Got no way to play the originals.

>Magmoor is a connection area
So there's more than one. Thought only the first area was like that.

The music is really similar to Transforners Armada. The feel of the areas are too.

7Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:45 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just got boost ball and jump boots.

I went after that plant enemy again to see if missiles can send back its projectile. Looks like they can, but the angle was weird (it was on a higher platform) and I kept shooting the overhanging rock. I think the blast radius may have done it. Will check this properly later.

It's possible to hit two enemies with one missile. I did this to some of those shell looking things in Phendrana.

It's also possible to damage those armored enemies in Phendrana with missiles without getting behind them using missiles on walls. If the enemy is close enough, the explosion will hit them. Doesn't look like it does as much as a direct missile hit though.

8Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Can you still rapid-fire missiles in this version? In the original release you could cancel missile shots by tapping 'fire' to close the shaft quicker.

9Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I saw a Tweet about this recently. That was the first I heard of it. Sounds neat. I'll look into it.

10Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It works. Devastating when you have an opening.

But I couldn't get it to work with the Wave Beam because it has a long animation as the cannon forms.

Fully charged Wave Beam will paralyze space pirates for a few seconds.

Went back to the plant enemy and missiles and Wave Beam send back its projectile.

Got Super Missiles.

11Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Died in lava after getting the spider ball. Now I have to fight that boss again.

12Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You can infinite them with the wave-beam charge shot yeah, pretty fun. Also happy to hear that the missile tech is still in, as they removed it in PrimeWii afaik.

> died after getting spiderball
Damn that's a literal first, isn't there a savepoint really close by?

13Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:43 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah if you go back through the entrance and a few rooms back, but I just keep going. The spider rail in the boss room takes you somewhere in Magmoor.

Got it back and saved as soon as I could. Guess I'll go look for spider rails and see if the new thermal visor picks up anything. I should be able to open up that crashed ship now too.

14Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:23 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Just to save you the absolute pain: don't go to the crashed-ship until you have the Gravity Suit. I made that mistake in going there without it, and eventually (unless you use glitches) you're walled down there and have to backtrack which is a massive pain.

15Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:06 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I lost my double jump because I wanna test it on talon over-world, but I didn`t save the progression, lol. I always die in Magmoor Caverns, because I always think that It`s okay not to save with current HP, sure It was not.

16Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:24 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I just got spider ball and I would not say that the combat is great, but it feels decent enough. Moving around and changing weapons quickly are more than serviceable imo.

(03/31)
I got to the power bomb. Phazon mine is fun to look around because I got "They brough metroids here? What are they thinking?" vibe, even (surely) there would be metroids.

17Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:30 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I made to get to final boss(THE HEAD) yesterday, but I lost lol. I wasn`t ready for three bosses in a row lol.

I turned hint off, and that was very helpful for experiencing this game. It would be nice to take a mark on the map, but gate colors are enough to memorize things and explore. I was so eager to use new tools for where I couldn`t go, and naturally I found many secrets and artifacts. Finding Artifact wasn`t that annoying, unlike popular opinions(at least, in my country). One or Two Artifacts are too well hide, I couldn`t find by my self, but anything else is not so.

Combat is serviciable enough, Especially when you can use dual stick control + LB/A to jump + gyro aim. And also you can easily change weapons by D-pad(if you choose on option menu) so I can quickly change weapons to fight with enemies. Enemies are less impressive to fight, though. Color coded enemies themselves are fine, but It would be nice to apply 'don`t use this color to him' principle rather than current "use this color to him" principle. Boss fight was decent, I enjoyed Metroid Prime fight.

Platforming with first person with out power grab was kinda tough, but not so difficult. I enjoyed spider ball section a lot. Especially this moment... lol

Metroid Prime Remastered 20230411

18Metroid Prime Remastered Empty Re: Metroid Prime Remastered Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> color coded
Depending on region+version, you can power bomb them!

> artifacts
Always felt it was over hated. MP2's are worse imo, as that really feels shoved in. If you know what you're doing you can get most artifacts in MP1 pretty organically.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum