GN1
Infinity_Divide
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
GodModeGOD
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

351What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:12 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

>I played it and thought it was ok but you literally can't die?
It's OK until the hideous grind kicks in.

As for dying, it seems the critical bar needs to fill first. If you haven't revived by then it's quest failed.

352What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:24 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Playing CvS2 on Fightcade (offline only). Still getting adjusted to everything since it's my first serious FG. Game's pretty great overall but I'm having trouble linking Supers from normals. Getting an arcade stick too, should arrive in a couple of days.

353What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:45 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I finally finshed Perisa of Prince : The lost crown.

It is very tight well designed action platformer with clever puzzle elements. But as an explorary action game, not so good. Most of abilities are givend you as a certain order. You are not limited by something like "you are out of mission area" message, but there are not so multiple paths and making your own journey. The sub area for extra challange is there, and sometimes you need to back-track for power-up, but mostly that`s it. But this makes the area very tailor-made for the current ability you have.

The most unique gimmick is not rewinding the time, in this title. You can make your "time shadow", so you can go back to where your shadow was left. There are multiple scenarios like making your shadow, then activating a trap, so going back to shadow and use that trap for another platform. Also puzzle elements take a big part. There are not only usual timing centered puzzles, but also more harder ones that you should read things and thingking about what is a solution and how to execute.

Combat is satisfying and shiny. Bosses are very fun to fight. And bosses are the dream match of character action genre. You can recognize many references from other titles` moves or concpets. On the other hand, normal fights or even locked-arena fight is not so tense imo. I played it once on hard mode, but hardest difficult doesn`t change enemy placement so I didn`t try it again.

Story is just... serviceable. that`s all I can say.

In conclusion :
If you like 2d action platforming, I highly recommend for playing Princ of Persia : The lost crown. If you don`t like an explorary action which does not focus on exploration then it wouldn`t be your taste.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

354What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:07 pm

TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon
D-Rank

>linearity in a metroidvania

I genuinely don't understand why the genre, even in the indie space, seems to have collectively decided tight linearity is the only correct way to design them. Games that have nonlinear potential outside of explicit glitches do exist (Hollow Knight, Axiom Verge 2), but they're so rare. Seems like we got Super Metroid once, and then almost the entire genre decided "we're not doing that ever again!" including Metroid itself.

https://www.youtube.com/@TripleSMoon

355What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:30 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Alternating between CvS2 and Lightning Returns on Hard Mode.

356What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:23 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You playing CvS2 on fightcade right? If you want we can do some friendlies next week, it's been ages since I touched that title so don't expect anything serious.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

357What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:25 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>linear metroidvania by Ubisoft
It's so ironic, Ubisoft toning down on open world and rpg elements a bit while Team Ninja going full open world rpg. How the tides have turned lol.

358What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:35 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Yeah I'm on Fightcade.

>friendlies
Absolutely. I'm not that great (still have lots to learn), so it'll just be for fun.

359What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:58 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

just finished tomb raider 2013 and got 80% completion rate (missing collectibles and other side stuff, will never bother to get 100%) overall i didnt enjoyed the game at all. it felt like a movie game filled with scripted events and qtes just like any other movie game. very generic. and the fact that half of the achievements of tomb raider 2013 are locked behind are multiplayer achievements which makes it even more worse

4/10

hopefully rise of the tomb raider is an improvement unlike its predecessor

360What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

It's pretty much the same thing in a different location.

361What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Metal Gear Solid Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 am

ZestyTaf

ZestyTaf
D-Rank

Been getting into MGS lately. Got too deep into 1 and finished it. Loved the mechanics, the characters and the story as a whole. Never got to play the early games at the time. Did try very hard to play Phantom Pain when it first came out. Tried to make it work on my Xbox 360, at the time. Never worked. I was VERY interested in Phantom Pain (wow, a horse!).
Gave up on it. Anyways, I'm planning to play through the whole franchise. I'm at MGS2 and saw the upgrades in everything in the trailer alone (baller trailer). Played for 30 minutes but I've been hella sick these past couple of days. Can't do anything. I'm only playing games I'm comfortable with and a master at. Basically GoW Trilogy. I'm playing da bes in da wurld, GoW3 the least since it's on a big display.
Playing 1 and 2 a lot more since I own them on my PSVITA. Oh, btw, MGS1-2-3-PW are all on my VITA as well.

https://www.youtube.com/@ExtremeGameplays1

362What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:08 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

MGS is such a fantastic series. Be sure to play the VR missions of 1 and 2 as that's where the real meat of the game is at times.

363What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:28 am

ZestyTaf

ZestyTaf
D-Rank

VR missions? I've heard about those. I'll make sure to try them out sometime, thank you. Just wanna go through the series as a whole for now to see the advancements in each entry. Also the story.

If I just wasn't so damn sick. This virus is killing me. I don't wanna play something that requires my full focus. Don't wanna play something new for now. Just gotta keep on playing games casually until I bounce back. Thanks for the recommendations, Colonel.

https://www.youtube.com/@ExtremeGameplays1

364What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:10 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Has anybody here played helldivers2 yet? I’ve seen some people friends with raeng and I praise it so I wonder what people here think of it.

365What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm

GN1

B-Rank

I made some progress in my God Hand hard KMS run and after many tries, I finally beat stage 4-4 (The second 3 Stooges fight). It was the hardest thing I've ever done in a game, but also so much fun, I really enjoyed all the attempts and I was filled with adrenaline when I finally beat them.

What's impressive about it is that despite how hard it can be, it's entirely skill based and mostly fair with the only annoyances being Conchita and her whip and grab. Fighting Bruce and Felix together is lots of fun (I also did that in fighting ring mission 12) and this fight in general pushes your usage of counter hits and crowd control to the max.

Also playing Okami, Maximo vs Army of Zin and Viewtiful Joe on Ultra V-Rated.

366What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:36 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

>MGS2
Insane upgrade compared to the first. Really trippy story also, will stick with you for sure.

Starting to get some small wins in CvS2 online, but it's hard to compete against people with thousands of hours of FG experience. Still, I'm having fun. I've been playing around with Claw since his gameplan is all about poke and punishes, and I have to learn how to neutral, so he's the perfect candidate. Sagat is a beast of a character, great normals in damage, reach and frame data, great supers and versatile specials. I'm having trouble figuring out who else to pick. Hibiki and Mai are great but they're kinda hard to use. I like Terry but I suck with him. I don't know if I should stick with him or switch to someone else.

367What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:58 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I installed it on my machine again, i'm a tad busy currently but I think we can do some matches sometime next week. I'm Raeng on fightcade!

368What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:19 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Great. I'm Hyperfist on there.

369What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

So I just finished rise of the tomb Raider. Overall I enjoyed it way more than tomb Raider 2013. Everything that I hated about tomb Raider 2013, rise of the tomb Raider simply makes it 100 times better by reducing qte's, less scripted events, better gameplay/combat and better voice acting and lastly it adds more tombs that are actually challenging

A straight upgrade. Rise of the tomb Raider is easily an 8/10 game. One of the best games of 2015 easily.

Now I'm gonna do 100%compelition of rise of the tomb raider

370What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:35 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Got my first ragequit in CvS2 yesterday. Felt good.

371What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:13 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Kek. Why in lord's name would someone ragequit on fucking FightCade. What team you rocking?

372What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:47 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

I get it, even I sometimes want to say fuck it and just close the app, it happens.

>team
Currently pretty comfortable with K-Groove Claw, Mai and Sagat. All simple characters with simple motion inputs and strong normals. I am improving but I have lots of problems dealing with repeated jumping mixups when I'm cornered. My brain stops working in those situations.

373What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I once learned from a decent fighting game player from the Netherlands: "If you're in the corner, you only need to make one right call to put them in the corner". People always assume you go defence, but a simple light-tatsu, forward jump or even back throw out of nowhere will completely turn the tables.

374What are you playing right now? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:02 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Yeah I've noticed that, but if they keep up the pressure it's hard to deal with, at least for now. I hope I'll get it down eventually.

Anyways, I want to learn roll cancels next, so I can escape the K groove prison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum