Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah many tend to mix those together. I feel Souls in general has very weak enemy design, in part due to limited possible interactions. Their movelists are incredibly shallow (at best 1-2 moves) and they are more interesting in their locations/combinations. Like the manta's in DeS's 4-1, they're not that interesting, except when put in such a narrow area with Skeleton-warriors.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>work best together
100 percent.

>shallow moveset
The skeleton dudes actually do have a bit of a complex moveset, they work together when with the archer ones since their arrow goes throw your shield which combined with their roll that forces you to be more defensive makes them a great combo, the scythe summoner while simple is also a great change of pace. In general I just like how much variety it feels in terms of gameplay which matters a lot in this game, bloodborne memory’s at some point just felt like “ok I dodge them and punish and not much else” with a decent chunk of exceptions ig.

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Anyways beaten the game a day or 2 ago, it’s peak. King Allan’s was also a great boss, everything about this game works in tantum with one another and that’s its best quality IMO, can’t wait to play DS1 since it looks even better.

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Playing Das1 now, at the darkroot forest and the games reallly good so far. Although, in some aspects(mainly regarding enemy design with the knights) I think it’s a bit worse than demon souls. I think the way demon souls handled shield enemies was FAR better than this game due to them not being spammed as much and giving you more tools to deal with them, 2 handed forms against shield dudes in that game would break their guard easier and you still had the kick option just that it wasn’t per se a kick but it functions the same and uses the same input, in Das1 2 handed attacks don’t seem to break their guard anymore which is to encourage more use of the kick but it makes the game more Simon says and less free. 2 handed form had it trade offs so it wasn’t always the go to IMO in demon souls for shield enemies, the way shield bash works from the enemies is also a bit worse imo since it makes those attack like any other enemies attack rather than the shield breaker they once were used by higher tier knights. The black knights look great and are decent enemies but when fighting them I can’t help but think the blue eyed and red eyed knights were more interesting due to their attacks having more variety of a affect on the players play style. I do like their overhead slam though. I wouldn’t have a problem with how often shield dudes are used but the game is spamming them in the beginning which hit a bit old(not that it didn’t introduce new ideas it did which kept it fresh). Other than that it has been an improvement so far.

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Love dark souls influence from Greek mythology, it’s great.

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The level design in this game really is top tier holy shit….. bell gargoyles were also a pretty cool boss, a more take maneater for sure.

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Bell gargoyles were a great boss, quelaang on the other hand I’m mixed on, but I overall enjoyed her. Blighttown ti be honest felt like a worse valley of defilement, the OG had much more of a metal look and felt more realistic while this own eh….. the paths you can take are great but the swamp area is rather dogshit. Not much going on there. Sens fortress so far is great.

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Sens fortress is so damn well designed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum