You are not connected. Please login or register

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 Empty One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:37 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Got this from the PS store. It's on sale now.

Looks like it didn't get a physical release in NZ. Playasia has the EU version, but I decided to just get it digital for $23 rather than spend $60+ for the disc.

Really good so far. The movement is great and you can cancel everything with the dash. It uses stamina which is different for a Musou game (as far as I know) but it doesn't get in the way. You'd have to spam dashes continuously which you shouldn't be doing.

It lets you pursue juggled enemies so you can knock them back and still catch up. Or just fully cancel and repeat your string.

It has an armor mechanic for 'officer' types and enemy characters. Not a huge fan because they don't take hit stun but the dash lets you get out fast. Once you break their armor they're vulnerable to everything and take hitstun like normal. This is your chance to beat the shit out of them. The armor meter will come back soon. Arslan was like this.

The launching mechanic is different from other Musous I've played. Usually, a launcher is in one of their string enders, commonly C2. But in PW4 you press jump after any light attack to launch. This is very similar to how it's done in TMNT Mutants in Manhattan and Nier Automata. In those you press attack immediately after a jump. It's reversed.

Musou games have come a long way since those old DWs where you couldn't dodge, dash or cancel anything. They're really good now and some are my favorite action games.

This is on hold and will be for a while. I have Hyrule and FE Warriors to get through first.

2One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 Empty Re: One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:52 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Never going back to this.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum