+4
5does
Phoenix Wright
Infinity_Divide
Birdman
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51NEO: The World Ends With You - Page 2 Empty Re: NEO: The World Ends With You Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:03 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

I've also seen that various Pins have different motion values for their moves, regardless of the power, so you could have a very high power pin still do poor damage overall. Beatdrop conditions are pretty essential since Killer Remixes are very good and can easily make up for the damage loss. Wish they were a bit more active but whatever (the full heal is kinda busted though, you can tank through a lot with it).
Finished the game and it was pretty good. Will go for the secret ending and Another Day in the future (plus messing around in Ultimate Mode).

52NEO: The World Ends With You - Page 2 Empty Re: NEO: The World Ends With You Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:34 pm

mageknight14

mageknight14
D-Rank

Malcar wrote:I've also seen that various Pins have different motion values for their moves, regardless of the power, so you could have a very high power pin still do poor damage overall. Beatdrop conditions are pretty essential since Killer Remixes are very good and can easily make up for the damage loss. Wish they were a bit more active but whatever (the full heal is kinda busted though, you can tank through a lot with it).
Finished the game and it was pretty good. Will go for the secret ending and Another Day in the future (plus messing around in Ultimate Mode).
I personally like to see Mashups and Killer Remixes as tools that should be used in tandem with one another. A Killer Remix might seem optimal at first but on higher difficulties, the damage output drops off pretty substantially while Mashups still remain as excellent crowd control tools, especially since they can hit elemental weaknesses AND you can still use your pins while they’re active. But Killer Remixes still remain useful due to the healing and cooldown refilling, which honestly helps to make the cooldown management a lot more interactive compared to some other games (cough FF16 cough)
Depth, to me, is when you have multiple options and have to consider which options are the best for a given situation, and have to weigh the pros and cons of each option, which in turn leads to different playstyles and solutions. In that regard, NEO TWEWY actually does this quite well. There were a lot of times in my playthroughs where I had to consider what pins would work best with one another as well having to decide on-the-fly whether to use a Mashup now in order to do damage and build up more Groove now or save it up for a Killer Remix and blast the round away for a full health restore, which could potentially leave me at a disadvantage in later rounds depending on the enemy I’m facing next and the pins I have equipped. It also helps that you don’t gain health back throughout rounds to make the decision-making more palpable.

53NEO: The World Ends With You - Page 2 Empty Re: NEO: The World Ends With You Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:35 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

My issues with the KR is just that it's too easy to use for how good it is, essentially a turn your brain off button, but it's not that bad considering the cost and that Mashups are still good. KR seem to be better against bosses tough, and while the DPS isn't as high as using Pin combos it can give you the chance to deal more damage with your Pins since you don't have to worry about damage taken (nor Pin cooldown for at least once cycle of them). Still, it's not that big of a deal. The combat doesn't seem to have any big flaws overall.

>FFXVI slander
How will the Sit Down Meter™ fans ever recover?
Also cooldown works in this game because every offense is on cooldown, so if you don't manage them well you're screwed. Having only your specials on cooldowns is a direct downgrade compared to meters imo.

54NEO: The World Ends With You - Page 2 Empty Re: NEO: The World Ends With You Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:29 am

mageknight14

mageknight14
D-Rank

Malcar wrote:My issues with the KR is just that it's too easy to use for how good it is, essentially a turn your brain off button, but it's not that bad considering the cost and that Mashups are still good. KR seem to be better against bosses tough, and while the DPS isn't as high as using Pin combos it can give you the chance to deal more damage with your Pins since you don't have to worry about damage taken (nor Pin cooldown for at least once cycle of them). Still, it's not that big of a deal. The combat doesn't seem to have any big flaws overall.

>FFXVI slander
How will the Sit Down Meter™ fans ever recover?
Also cooldown works in this game because every offense is on cooldown, so if you don't manage them well you're screwed. Having only your specials on cooldowns is a direct downgrade compared to meters imo.
Mashups can honestly deal even more insane damage to bosses than Killer Remixes can.
https://youtu.be/-XyS0LDi_CE?si=wnaGRQU-6gex-2VP
https://youtu.be/lbQLUleMvaQ?si=cYoEQHHxRWz1s1-7
https://youtu.be/BC4LdVNB-NM?si=hBuUjpXuIQYJgRlV
You can also see here where the Killer Remix damage did next to nothing on the secret boss but directly anticipating and countering his attacks absolutely destroyed him.
https://youtu.be/35dtKOJ8Mq4?si=3osk1FMC1gRjE5WV

55NEO: The World Ends With You - Page 2 Empty Re: NEO: The World Ends With You Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:16 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

I stand corrected. I'll have to explore the combat more. Are KR better against Phoenix Cantus or is it better to use certain Mashups there?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum