Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Dark_Blood_NG
AKheon
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 20]

151What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What system are you playing on? I've always wanted to try that title but never got the chance.

> hedfone
Yeah I played the title at launch, and it didn't stick with me. But when I later revisited it for the DLC, I loved it.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

152What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I was playing it on the original XBOX. It's one of the games that is part of Midway Arcade Treasures 1. Midway Arcade Treasures 1 is also available on PS2 and Gamecube. I would also look out for Midway Arcade Origins for PS3 and XBOX 360 as well. I don't own them but I do recall seeing Smash T.V. on the back.

153What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Oh I didn't know it was part of those collections, good to know!

154What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I forgot! There is also an arcade version of Smash T.V. version at the XBOX 360 Marketplace.

155What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:21 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Crimsonland.

156What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:36 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Damn it. Just bought Sekiro.

So now I'm alternating between MHW, NnK2 DLC, Sekiro, DMCV, and Curse of Darkness.

CoD is getting the least attention because I can't be bothered setting it up.

157What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

God of War 3 Remastered.  Going to attempt to beat the current puzzle.

158What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:15 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Remastered runs sooo good.
I wish that game was harder/longer.
Weapons are disappointing for me except the fists, love those.
My favorite GOW.

Sent from Topic'it App

159What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

GoWIII remastered is fantastic, apparently it has some audio bugs but it is also the only way to get all the costumes - most of which were pre-order DLC at the time of the PS3 release.

> Harder
The game, like the series, tends to show its teeth more in challenge runs. Things like NUR and the infamous serie's PAIN run are pretty sweet in that title and not as gamebreakingly nuts as in GoW I and II.

160What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Never been a fan of challenge runs other than in rpgs. The most I will do is base health runs in things like yakuza, the later ones got so damn easy. I just feel if I have to change how I play to make a game harder, the designer failed, and I would rather move on to something else. God Hand is plenty hard on it's hard mode, and even then, KMS runs are always there if you want that.
That being said, I am excited to try some challenge runs in Sekiro. Base health/damage, no tools, no stealth etc. Could be really fun.

161What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

God of War always had it hard in that it had to please the 'common' crowd with its low difficulty since it was such a mainstream title. But the combat has so many unique tropes to it that you don't really need to use outside of Challenge Runs. Something as simple as a No Upgrade Run alone makes the combat so absolutely fantastic.

I consider KMS a challenge run too.

162What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

At least god of war's hardest modes in the first two are actually hard. It's funny how people think it's a game about mashing square, try that shit in god mode lol. But only us few crazy people actually attempt these things, your common gamer is normal mode one and done never touch it again. I really hope sekiro teaches scrubs how to actually play action games again. Go read the negative steam reviews for the difficulty, it is a good laugh. That game is not that hard at all. If you have ever used any kind of just frame attacks or played a fighting game seriously, it is actually super lenient on timings.
God of War to me can be much more difficult without any challenge runs.
Imagine if sekiro required issen levels of precision to parry, that is the sekiro I want.

163What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I find those reviews to be more painful and rage-inducing to read than entertaining hahah!

People saying it "isn't hack and slash, it is hack and strategically slash" is degrading to games with far superior combat systems. If anything reading all those postive and negative reviews just makes me want to just visit this forum haha! So much idiocy, on both sides btw. People praising and defending the game are also mostly just spouting fanboyism.

I am really curious how a buddy of mine will handle it. He's a "Souls veteran" as he likes to call himself, but he only used magic on his four runs with sometimes a hyper build. The second he was out of spells he was a fish out of water. This game might break him.

> Sekiro having Issen
Dear god. I would love that, but I can just imagine the salt. I think the game would've really benefitted from really fully letting the Souls design formula go. Which is weird to me, since they were perfectly capable of doing so originally. But now I'm almost wondering if the next Armoured Core game will put attack on R1 and feature bonfires.

I really would've liked the game to just go that extra mile to distance itself and be something unique. Instead of a Souls title with stealth and a different Stamina mechanic.

> God of War
True, lots didn't even bother to play above Easy. Hard and God are pretty difficult I agree, but you really get a new appreciation (at least, I did) for the system on NUR. Especially considering the fantastic, not yet matched, grab system.

164What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Yes the grabs are top tier. Nothing feels as good. Maybe DMC4 busters, but there is no strategy to busters unlike god of war.

165What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah the grabs, and their function and way they are used, are fantastic. Really a shame that the tether was introduced in GoW:A of all places, considering it is one of the worst in the series.

Buster is alright, really missed the options, collisions, ring-outs and all that jazz. I like how it sort of 'replaced' QTEs though.

166What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Why was GoW:A one of the worst? A bit off topic but why?

167What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I just loved bustering bosses, especially DT'd. It was like GOW but crazy anime.

168What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

God of War Ascension had a really troubled development. A big focus was multiplayer which took away a lot of the game's resources. Nearly all costumes and weapons are exclusive to that mode that only saw a few weeks of activity before dying down (mostly trophy hunters).

As a result we're left with a single player that:

- only has one weapon with four elements;
- only one of those elements being actually good;
- one of the elements not even working;
- tons of bugs, glitches;
- hidden collectibles being in plain sight since there wasn't time to hide them;
- reused enemies constantly;
- very one note enemies with only one way to really fight them;
- hidding half the moveset of the original game behind a meter system that empties when you take damage, basically forcing a bland no-damage playstyle;
- bosses that were so die hard at trying to one-up GoWIII in terms of cinematic flair you often couldn't even see Kratos during fights, he was that small;
- a completely pointless plot that served only to make Kratos more 'human' instead of the barbarian that he was;
- level design was, due to the rushed development, also pretty one-note;
- introduced Cooldowns to the game, and later fights were built around you just running around waiting for them to recharge;

And there's much more. As a stand alone title it is pretty good, albeit flawed. But compared to where the series came from it isn't that great honestly.

169What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Now I am going to do Elex for the first time.

170What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:26 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Now I am playing Ninja Gaiden 2. It's feel like a long time and I stopped playing after fighting the Black Spider Boss.

171What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

God Hand. I'm not sure if I will ever understand Poker.

172What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:38 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Put NGII back into the tray, going to do a run with base health and no ninpo. Having a lot of fun so far!

173What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

So has anybody played Galaga? Galaga Legions DX is different from that game.

174What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I've started another playthrough of Urban Reign, and i'm in the middle of a write-up on the game's modes and combat system. I'm hoping i'll have all of my notes written up to create a topic for the game this week!

175What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I'm just doing Max Payne again and then Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires.

176What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

MHW and Dragon Quest Heroes.

It's the spring festival event so all previous events are available. Working on beating the arch tempered elder dragons so I can get their armor sets.

177What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed May 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got Kirin's full set now. Will go after Val Hazaak next.

178What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat May 04, 2019 7:42 am

Ikari

D-Rank

DMC 3 Special Edition, scratch for fun, (no yellow orbs)soloing Leader missions and up in Razor's Edge, and playing NG2 on my Xbox One s. I am also playing Sigma 1 on my Vita at work when no one is looking. Gonna swap that out for Dragon Sword any day now. I prefer original NG, and Black, of course.

179What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat May 04, 2019 8:30 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Berserk Musou.

180What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat May 04, 2019 10:46 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ikari wrote:DMC 3 Special Edition, scratch for fun, (no yellow orbs)soloing Leader missions and up in Razor's Edge, and playing NG2 on my Xbox One s. I am also playing Sigma 1 on my Vita at work when no one is looking. Gonna swap that out for Dragon Sword any day now. I prefer original NG, and Black, of course.

Good list! I haven't played Special Edition in eons, sold the HD collection and only have Dante's Awakening. Razor's Edge missions are great. I solo'd them until some of the Ultimate Ninjas but I recall quitting on one where you had to fight like 3 Volfs at the same time with more waves coming after, just got tired of it. Dragon Sword is decent fun, first time playing?

181What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue May 07, 2019 2:03 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Crimsonland on PS4. Still need to continue the Musou games.

182What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Finally got an armor set from this AT elder dragon. Did it solo too. Other players kept getting killed and failing the quest.

Still got a lot to catch up on and probably won't get it done this festival.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

183What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Ninja Gaiden 2. I have to do the Acolyte difficulty for the third time and I haven't beaten the game yet. I can't access the first profile and I missed the Test of Valor Orb on my second. On the bright side of it, I did manage to upgrade the Dragon Sword and the Lunar Staff on the first level.

184What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu May 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good job! Any reason you started on Acolyte instead of Warrior? Or no particular reason?

185What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I decided to beat the Ninja Gaiden games one difficulty at a time. Not to mention that you said that every difficulty starts out with a new playthrough. So when I do beat the difficulties I can always do it again with all of my weapons!

186What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed May 22, 2019 8:00 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I need an advice. X-Blades is on sale, just 2€ on Steam. How is it ? Reviews are very negative, but I don't trust game journalists.

187What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

This is one of those titles I will say: avoid it. I tried playing it and while it was decent ... fun at best, I wouldn't call it worthy of your time. It is worth the 2 bucks, most games are, but you're better off doing a lot of other things than playing that honestly.

188What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Ok, thanks for the answer. I'll avoid it.

189What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Wed May 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Played this years ago and agree with that. Couldn't find anything that stands out about it.

190What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

191What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

How is that one?

Currently still knee deep in a mixture of all three Ninja Gaidens and Earthbound. Though I did pick up The Evil Within!

192What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I'm playing The Messenger and GoW2 (Challenge of the Titans at the moment).

193What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I like it! Gameplay wise it is good. I had a lot fun with it. I would recommend pushing the story aside.

194What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

How you liking The Messenger RedShot?

About MGSV Nadster, the story isn't that good then?

195What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:35 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

From what I have been told, MGSV has the weakest story in the franchise. I like it though. I'm on my first playthrough and I haven't been upset.

196What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty y r much mucha Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Genma Onimusha.

Been a while. So I did a Normal Mode complete with all the Fluorite, Dark Realms, and Oni Tower to warm up. Issen preference. Unlocked Kaede Alternative. A subtle nod to the Little Devils team? Kaede's parts are maybe the dullest, since there's no Issen and soul absorbing it's very conervative play. She's got the throat slice, so at least that's fun.

Hard Mode. Aiming for S-Rank. Without abusing the save game. Made it in 16 saves and 2:22. Fortinbras is way more fun without the Bishamon. Marcellus (2nd) was though. Sam's reward is the panda alternative. Laughing The same thing Warlords unlocks for beating the game.

I prefer Genma over Warlords. Mainly for that some parts in Hard Mode are nuts. Distinctive flavour. I find it funny that the superior version is a somewhat obscure title for the first MS console.

Switched to DMC3 S.E. and bounce it is several steps up in action...
"Crazy? Heh."

197What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:How you liking The Messenger RedShot?

Sorry, I read this message just now.
However The Messenger is pretty cool. Enemies and bosses are easier than most platforming sequences from what I have seen. Meta-narrative stuff is funny but you can totally skip these dialogues and play it just for its gameplay.

198What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

@Zenyn

Genma Onimusha is fantastic. Remember going for the Onimusha Rank in that game, some great memories. Have to get a playtime of less than 3 hours, all flourites, absorbed more than 100.00 Souls, defeat 900 foes and clear all the Dark Realms and Ogre Towers on Hard Mode. An absolute joy that title, but I am also a bit burned out of it now. I recall really playing it a lot at that time to get that Onimusha Rank. Like 2-3 runs a day, memorizing, making perfect patterns.

I felt Oni2 and 3 didn't hold up compared to Genma honestly. What about you?

Warlords is vastly inferior in my eyes. Less armours, no charged slashes, no skippable cutscenes (a sin on mankind) and other changes.

199What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty greatest swordsman of all the demons Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:01 am

Oh, I didn't know about the O-Rank. Sounds arduous. But I like that there is a trade up. So I will play it again. Like a sucker.

About the other games I'd say they hold up. Since they include the Critical mode. O3 with a selectable difficulty on top. But I will say that O2 is my fave. It felt like a serious step up to Warlords and the Issen tech is actually mentioned in the manual. And not some hidden secrecy. "What whazzat? The screen flashed suddendly!...You mean to say you can slay foes in ONE HIT??? Is that a bug?"

By the by, I don't mean to come off vain, but did something change with the ava pic sets? Mine seems to be missing...

200What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah the O-rank is pretty tough, but I like that it's this type of rank that requires just perfect play. I liked that O2 acknowledge the Issen, but as a result it also felt built around it a bit too much - boss HP values including. In Warlords and Genma it was an addition to reward skill, in O2 and O3 it basically replaced the combat system in my mind.

About the Avatar, I think the original source just got deleted. Did you upload one? I quickly gave you a new one. Should work now. You can change it in your profile settings. If you have problems, just PM me :)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum