You are not connected. Please login or register

Transformers Battlegrounds

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Transformers Battlegrounds  Empty Transformers Battlegrounds Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

This is the most recent TF game. Managed to get it cheap.

Did a few missions today and have a firm grasp of the mechanics. Despite how bad it looks, there's some cool stuff here.

I'll go over some bad stuff first.

It's based on some trash, badly drawn kiddy cartoon. The designs are hideous. Some honestly look like people in weird suits.

There are now tons of female robots. I guess the devs are hard SJWs or something. It's just weird.

The framerates sucks even though nothing intensive is ever going on. The graphics are so basic the PS2 could probably do better. The animations are sickening. It makes no sense for it to stutter.

There's not much emphasis on transforming. If they're moving a long distance and there are no obstructions they might transform but this is just a visual. Flying types can go over low buildings which is nice but it's the only mechanical use I've seen.

On to the good.

It's turn based and feels similar to Valkyria Chronicles. I've also seen it referred to as 'Xcom for kids' but I don't know much about that.

When it's your turn, it's your whole team's turn. You can switch who you want to act.

Each character gets 3 action points. You can spend them to move further, attack, or a combination of both. So if you used all 3 you'd be able to move very far, or you could move a little, attack, and move again.

You can use more points to boost some special attacks. Bumblebee's Sting move gets a high chance to inflict Shove and Anchor at level 3. I'll talk about status effects soon.

There's a cover system. Being up against anything like a house or car does it. But enemies can just run around and pop you in the face then run. Better than standing in the open though.

There's no accuracy. You will always be hit and land hits.

You learn moves but only have 3 slots so you need to consider set ups to a degree.

These are the status effects I've seen so far.

Shove (knockback)

Anchor (unable to move)

Disarm (unable to attack)

Shock (not sure. The enemies died from the attack that inflicted it.)

Defense down (self explanatory)

I may have seem attack down too.

Knockback is really interesting. They can collide with walls or vehicles. You can even blow vehicles into them.

Wingblade starts with a move that does this. Using all 3 action points makes it reach further and do more damage.

That's all for a while. Still need to finish my Okami stuff and GoW 3 is next so might not get back to this for a while.

Last edited by Birdman on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

2Transformers Battlegrounds  Empty Re: Transformers Battlegrounds Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:02 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Forgot to mention super attacks.

There's an energon meter that goes up by attacking and ending your turn with unused action points. You can do your character's super at 50% or 100% power.

They're pretty much AoE attacks but with some additional mechanics. Like Bumblebee will transform and drive a certain path. Any enemies in that path are damaged and put into Shock.

Some attacks move your character so they won't be in the same position after the move which adds a little more consideration.

Can't believe I forgot to add that you can target vehicles and blow them up. It's best to do this if enemies are using them for cover.

3Transformers Battlegrounds  Empty Re: Transformers Battlegrounds Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:02 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Tried to play this again but it sucks. Getting rid of it.

There's no equipment, enemies all act the same, constant slowdown and stuttering. It can't even display the 'enemy/player' turn display without the framerates dropping to shit.

Why the fuck are there tons of girl bots?

Also whatever cartoon this is based on it utter shit. The designs are hideous as mentioned. The portraits are badly drawn.

I won't even be able to resell this. I'm giving it to my friend for free.

4Transformers Battlegrounds  Empty Re: Transformers Battlegrounds Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:09 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Just watched a trailer, looks...very mediocre.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum