You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Take with a grain of salt, but apparently a collection of NGS, NGS2 and NG3RE was spotted online:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/hong-kong-distributor-lists-ninja-gaiden-trilogy-for-ps4-switch

While not surprising, I am somewhat saddened that it is not the original version. Though the idea of the Switch even trying to play NGII at a consistent 60fps is laughable, only the Xbox One X manages that (barely). Wonder if this coincides with the rumored inclusion of Ryu Hayabusa in Smash and the aformentioned NG4 leaks most of us here are familiar with. I always personally predicted that Team Ninja had a Sigma collection rotting away somewhere for when they wanted to boost NG4. Here's hoping this might actually happen.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 pm

RedShot

C-Rank
I could buy it to show some support but I want NGB and NG2. A complete collection with every NG game would be perfect but I doubt they are still thinking about NG (2004) and Hurricane Packs.

3Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I highly doubt we'll ever see the Hurricane Packs again, in part due to Itagaki noting Black was the definitive edition. I don't think he realized how much people would love the Intercept move in hindsight.

But yeah I'll buy it to support the numbers but without NGB or NGII I'll probably let them stay in the dust.

4Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 am

Birdman

Are these Sigma versions really that bad?

I understand the originals are better, but what would you rate Sigma 1&2 if they were the only NG games?

5Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:20 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
B-Rank
They're really solid action games on their own merits.

Sigma 1 had a bunch of little things that were wrong with it though, like the lack of adjusting for timers to compensate for certain changed encounters, making some encounters impossible to beat within the time limit.

Sigma 2 plays like something else entirely.

Roy would do a better job outlining the differences, I think he even had a list of what Sigma 1 changed.

6Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:15 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I think the Sigma games can best be described as me remaking Chaos Legion for another console. I kind of know how games work and what makes a good game, but I have zero relevant experience with the game in question and a tight deadline to boot.

The Sigma games are great in that they build off of a phenomenal base set of games. But everything they add or change is either a result of not knowing how the game actually worked or general oversights.

Taking Sigma 1, they changed the back-dodge animation. Which sounds fine, but it royally screwed up some elements of the game. Certain sections of calm are now filled with enemies, screwing with the pacing while other short fights now have waves of 20 enemies total.

It goes further than that too. The timers per fight are not adjusted for the higher enemy count, making some timers impossible to complete, showing that lack of attention to detail. Similar details are missing in weapons, smoke bombs barely work now for whatever reason, Incendiary Shurikens now bounce off of some bosses instead of damaging them, enemies that were a menace now have all their attacks be parryable etc. Details details details. They won't bother someone doing a regular romp on Normal difficulty, but for series veterans the game really missed a lot.

The only things I feel are improved are the fact that you can unlock higher settings faster by beating a (boring) optional boss. That and they removed all the puzzles. While I don't really like that latter part I can see players who played NG:B for years on end feel good that they can now just skip all the busywork and go straight to the combat.

Sigma 2 is just a bunch of quick fixes going absolutely out of hand. The big problem with NGII originally was its frame-rate, which they fixed by lowering the enemy count in Sigma 2. But then to balance this they...gave enemies a huge health boost. And to balance this they lowered delimb-chances. And to streamline the game further they removed the currency system. And to balance that... and it just keeps on going from there. That game is so far away from the original I consider it a totally different experience, though I still prefer NGII's original vision.

7Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:44 am

Birdman

>remaking CL

Yeah I guess I would be the first person knocking at your door with a machete.

>The timers per fight are not adjusted for the higher enemy count, making some timers impossible to complete

This happened in the English releases of CL too, though only for two stages, with others being possible but feel really unbalanced compared to the JP version.

I might grab it for RE.

8Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted Empty Re: Rumored Collection of NGS titles spotted on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
If you want Razor's Edge, I'd still suggest you just get the Xbox 360 disc if possible and put that in an Xbox One X or later-on Series X. Will without a doubt run better I'd figure, unless this trilogy pack will have some added content which I highly doubt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum