You are not connected. Please login or register

Wipeout Omega Collection

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wipeout Omega Collection Empty Wipeout Omega Collection Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

So I just started playing this today and I suck hard ass. It requires real mastery of the controls and knowledge of the tracks to be good.

I rarely play racing games because I actually hate cars but if they're unrealistic like Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing or something like Wipeout, I have no issue. I never actually played the old Wipeout games at all, but recently I picked up the case and it just appealed to me. Looked up some vids and and liked what I saw, then found it was half price.

This video explains the mechanics in-depth better than I ever could. It's 47 mins but well worth it if you're interested in this game.

Last edited by Birdman on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

2Wipeout Omega Collection Empty Re: Wipeout Omega Collection Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I actually remember playing the previous version on PS3, since it was a free giveaway after the playstation-outage. Really gave me my F-zero fix of the year, haven't even noticed there was a new one on PS4.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Wipeout Omega Collection Empty Re: Wipeout Omega Collection Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I'm so embarrassingly bad at this game, that while watching my gameplay, you could be forgiven for mistaking it for pinball.

To be fair, I don't know jackshit about racing game mechanics. I had to look up 'racing line' and 'apex of a corner' which are real life things that apply in racing games. Pretty interesting actually and really helped with my corners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum