DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced

+4
TheFirmament1
RedShot
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Basically what it says on the tin, DMC3:SE on the Switch will get a stand-alone mode that allows for style-switching on the fly. You use the D-pad to switch between styles, while doubletapping right and left is Quicksilver and Doppleganger respectively. Two more announcements are on the way in the near future as well regarding the franchise.

Personally, I don't think this is an addition DMC3 needed since the game isn't built around this, but it would be interesting to see just how badly one can break the game now that this feature, which was originally a mod, is widely available. No news on wheither this feature will come to other releases of the same game on other consoles.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Makes me want to hurt a Switch owner.

>break the game
Didn't mod users already do this? What was the result?

3DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:01 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It broke the game haha! Dante is basically a god with the mod since the styles were balanced to only have one at a time. Having all of them just snaps the game in half.

4DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:00 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Is it true that Itsuno wanted to implement Style Switching in the original release?

5DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I have never heard that before. Unless he stated that at the time I'd chalk it up to marketing for the newer games.

6DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I've read it on Twitter and the author seems a fervent DMC4 fan so the source isn't exactly "impartial".

7DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Well, overpowered protags are still fun in these games.

8DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Alright. That is Awesome!

9DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:15 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm glad it is just an added mode, will be fun to just derp around in in my free time!

10DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Just to add to this, extended weapon switching (like in DMC5) and local coop in Bloody Palace have also been announced.

11DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:15 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

It is sad to think how many first timers will only experience this broken unbalanced version of the game.

12DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

On the flipside, it is an optional mode iirc so they can still experience the regular mode. That said, most will probably jump to the overpowered mode, just as people didn't play Yellow mode when Special Edition hit.

13DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:19 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

It's a bit disappointing that Capcom are choosing to put effort into recreating a PC mod collection for DMC3 (for ONE platform only) instead of updating 5 with the content people have been asking for since launch.

14DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

We don't know that yet, but considering Sony still charges companies for patches I think you can bet it won't come to other consoles at all.

15DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

They still have the superior versions of Dragon Quest and FF12. I doubt we'll get shit.

16DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

The general consensus that I've seen online is that the next gen systems will get a 4K collection with the new version on DMC3SE. I can see that happening, knowing Capcom. Hopefully their next collection is DMC1-4, for the sake of completeness (assuming 5 gets it's own SE release).

17DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Always dislike it when some systems in the same generation get different versions. PC still has the best version of FFX by a metric mile which ticks me off too.

I can see DMCHD going to the next generation with these updates. Though I don't think it will be a collection. DMC is selling like hot cakes on the Switch at 20~ bucks PER game seperately, don't think we'll see a bundle anytime soon anymore.

18DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Dan.A

Dan.A
D-Rank

Although I didn't play it myself, I think the problem with freestyling is that it was always about providing cool options to the player, but it doesn't for balanced ways to stop them with enemies in 3. The option is genuinely awesome and it's nice to see the creativity of players, but it lends itself to a question of, "Are you getting that much better without the obstacles to make that system worth it?" But hey, after all these years, it's cool to see what it would have actually been like.

19DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Empty Re: DMC3 FreeStyle Mode Announced Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'd say I agree, though on the flipside, the game is so old, just let people derp around. I do feel it again shows the DMC's community, and the developer's, complete lack of understanding what made the combat in DMC3 and 1 so great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum