You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Trailer (massive spoilers)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Watch on your own risk.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm surprised how much Capcom are giving away with these trailers. I really hope there are still some surprises left that we've seen nothing of...

3Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm a bit sad that that's probably not the case and we've basically seen it all. DMC isn't a series with long cutscenes, so chances are we've seen nearly everything at this point - just cut in pieces.

4Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:11 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm honestly not too worried about spoilers for the story as I've never been too invested in it (always felt like the story was cool rather than dramatic), but I hope there are more weapons and moves that haven't been shown yet.

Nero having 8 devil breakers is a good variety but it's a bit disappointing to think we've already seen them all. We've already seen 8 or so weapons for Dante too.

5Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think we've already seen all the weapons and Breakers (still mistified that some are DLC exclusive). I remember reading something about that. Really hoping for a surprise unlock or some costumes or something unexpected!

6Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I don't care about spoilers so if yous see the cutscenes up anywhere let me know.

7Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:11 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

There's a GameFAQs user called Shirrako who has claimed he's beaten the game (and uploaded a pretty convincing screenshot of the Total Results screen). Apparently he's known to get games early. He's answering questions over there but has said he won't spoil plot details as people should experience it for themselves. Seems to be a bit of debate on the DMC reddit as to whether the screenshot is legit (it contains a potentially big spoiler, beware!)

8Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:43 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

9Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

This guy isn't answering spoilers though.

10Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

He's already answered whether or not there are additional playable characters, whether or not you can replay missions with any character etc. Maybe not to everyone, but I think some would consider those spoilers if they wanted to find out for themselves.

11Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Some notes I took from the posts:

- secret missions are back;
- you can't free play missions with any character;
- there's only one unshown weapon that's only in the final trailer...and it's a reskin of a current weapon with a bonus ability;
- V apparently is great against regular foes, boring and annoying against bosses (could be a casual player though);
- enemies can't really hit you when you're jumping, enemies cannot jump either;
- game is pretty easy;
- no playable trish, vergil and lady;
- considers it better than DMC4, but less good than DMC3;
- V only has what we've been shown, no new weapons or summons;
- zero references to DMC2, they really want people to forget it;
- no turbo mode as far as he's noticed;
- Nero does have a DT, but it is pretty meh. Only adds two moves and another jump.
- beating difficulties unlocks weapon-slots for Dante so you can carry more and more weapons with you (I actually like this idea, go figure. Can already see the tears of combo only players who now have to beat DMD);
-DMD is in, so no DLC;

12Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm still excited for the game, but there's some pretty disappointing news in there. I hope we'll get additional characters down the line - if RE 2 has free DLC then maybe DMC could get the same.

13Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:50 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

V apparently is great against regular foes, boring and annoying against bosses (could be a casual player though);
I figured this would be the case. Bosses don't respond with a lot of the hit properties like launch, knockback, etc, so all the summons would be able to do is attack on the ground. Depending on their mechanics though, this might not actually be bad. Remember though, a lot of people these days haven't seen summoning in an action game before and since it's DMC they're mostly having combo seizures.

enemies can't really hit you when you're jumping, enemies cannot jump either;
So no challenge yet again? Great...
I expected this though. You can't have air combos with aggressive enemies. It just doesn't work.

V only has what we've been shown, no new weapons or summons;
As long as each has more moves I'm good. I admit I'm worried though. Itsuno seems to be just copying old ideas and throwing them in. He should have just made a Babel II game.

no turbo mode as far as he's noticed;
Will rent if I have time to play just to see how V plays, then wait for an update.

Last edited by Birdman on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Check the thread on gamefaqs about the leak if you want to see the final (I think) boss fight.

15Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Final insight in playability:

Prologue -Nero
Mission 1- Nero
Mission 2- Nero
Mission 3- Nero
Mission 4- V
Mission 5- V
Mission 6- Nero ( boss only )
Mission 7- Choose between Nero or V
Mission 8- Nero
Mission 9- V
Mission 10- Dante
Mission 11- Dante
Mission 12- Dante
Mission 13- Choose between Nero, V or Dante
Mission 14- V
Mission 15- Nero
Mission 16- Dante
Mission 17- Dante ( boss only )
Mission 18- Dante
Mission 19- Dante ( boss only )
Mission 20- Nero ( boss only )

Dante really gets the shaft, again.

16Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:15 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

That sounds...bad. We waited a long time to only get, at most, 6 more stages with Dante and 2 bosses. What a waste.

17Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:50 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

So, not counting the prologue (hope I got my maths and research right!):

- Nero is selectable in 9/20 missions (or 45%, including 2 boss only). You have to play as Nero for a minimum of 7 missions.
- Dante is selectable in 8/20 missions (or 40%, including 2 boss only). You have to play as Dante for a minimum of 7 missions.
- V is selectable in 6/20 missions (or 30%, with no boss only missions). You have to play as V for a minimum of 4 missions.

We can't say that you can play as Dante for 40% of the game as we don't know how long each mission is, but it is possible to play more missions as Dante than Nero. Ignoring the fact that we should be able to do a full NG+ with any character, i'm fairly pleased with this. V's screentime is looking disappointingly short, but I guess when you're trying to split 20 missions between 3 characters somebody has to pull the short straw.

For comparison, in DMC 4:

- Nero was given 13/20 missions (or 65%, with Dante, the Containment Room, Credo and Sanctus boss fights exclusive to Nero)  
- Dante was given 7/20 missions (or 35%, with The Saviour as his only exclusive boss)

I think the most interesting observation is how much (percentage-wise) is taken away from Nero, considering he's the main protagonist. I've chosen not to look up all of the spoilers for DMC 5, but I know Dante has at least 2 bosses exclusive to his missions, which is at least an improvement over DMC 4.

18Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Empty Re: Final Trailer (massive spoilers) Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It really shows just how invasive multiple characters can be though. On the one hand you want each character to have exclusive enemies, content, puzzles and other elements so that you can really make it shine. On the other, you restrict them really badly by limiting them all to what's essentially three really small games.

What annoys me the most already is mission 14, 15 and 20. You just get Dante down and there you go, time to play as another character again. It's the same thing Ninja Gaiden pulled originally. Would've been so much better if you could just choose a campaign, like in Resident Evil.

I really feel that they should look into adding a 'free play' mode or something, where you can play any mission with any character, but missions are remixed slightly to fit that character. At least that way there's some content to use them in. Especially with DMCV not having a Bloody Palace from the outset.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum