Gregorinho
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
AKheon
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

101God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:56 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

I got super stoned drunk and wanted to play a triple aaa dumb game to mess around with. Tried all of the recent ubisoft games, and they were terrible, absolutely soulless.
Settled on GOW so far enjoying it surprisingly.
Playing on hard, might try Give me GOW difficulty on pc next year if i like it.
Don't care about the story at all, but it is acted well.
Mostly playing because I bought an impulse PS5 recently, this game is not worth suffering ps4 framerate.

102God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The game isn't that bad, especially early on. You have a pretty cool selection of attacks and abilities to tinker with. Once it goes 'open world' is where the RPG mechanics start to show their ugly head and later-on when you'll exclusively be fighting "I cannot be launched, am immune to projectiles and never stagger" enemies.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

103God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:42 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Mistakes were made. If you had the option of a PC, Nu-GoW is coming to that. Could even wait for mods to help unfuck it to some extent. Skip cutscenes, remove 'boi' (or at least give better control over him), enable RO, remove 'level gap' mechanic (or nerf it shy of the skull's horrendous balancing), replace Soytos with Kratos, get a VA pack for TC Carson, etc. All things with time.

104God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:30 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I've been super uninterested in most games and decided to hate my life so I played this again. What a disaster.

Pretty much everything about this game I hate. The pretentious "muh cinmetatic experience" tone, to boy never shutting his face, even to the boring main menu. Why does every game feel the need to have characters talking during every single second of gameplay? Atreus' voice and dialogue doesn't even fit anyway.

I actually forgot how annoying the camera was in this. Might be the worst camera ever in an action game. Threat indicators are trash, lock-on never switches properly. Apparently these devs never played an action game in the decade before this released, where off screen enemies typically won't attack(may have been a good idea with a camera this limited). I never want to see a fan of this game talking shit about NG's combat after replaying this abomination.

The sad part is that there is some cool stuff in the combat, but it's completely drowned out in stupidity. Being able to sweep enemies with the axe is nice, but it doesn't work on much. The axe being able to hit multiple enemies when you recall it is cool too I guess. The move assist almost single handedly ruins the combat for me(just like any game that it's in) and how infrequently enemies succumb to hitstun is even worse. Then you have the fact that the game does slomo EVERY TIME you block or parry a traffic light attack, and everything being a cooldown, and no grabs, no magic, shitty RPG elements, the boat...

Fuck this game.

105God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The Axe is such wasted potential, since even the game itself seems to just ignore it once you reach past a certain point. You can launch enemies and snap them into a wall with its throw, it's a great usage of enviroment but barely anything is launchable near the halfway point.

Fun fact about the threat-indicators. Since enemies have such wonky animations and quick startups, it's actually better to turn your back on enemies so you can just dodge roll on reaction to the indicator. Super dumb.

106God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:31 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

When you think about it, gow 2018 may have the best quick turn ever in a action game.

107God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:14 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Turn? You mean the 180degree?

108God of War 2018 General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2018 General Discussion Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:53 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>180 degrees
Yes. There is a good chunk of depth although giving it more thought it’s probably useless af(it allows for more quick weapon switching and hold r1 attacks).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum