Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use https://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

God of War 2 general discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
Thanks! After failing for over an hour, here’s what I did:

As soon as the translator started running, I rolled over to the first priest and grabbed him to stop him from spawning his first enemy. Stood behind the translator and kicked both dogs into the priest and killed him(I stood behind the translator because the enemies never seemed to go in front of him, so I didn’t have to worry about hitting him with a collision). I went over to the left to lure a couple remaining enemies away from the translator and did an AQ to hit priest #2 and the surrounding enemies. Quickly did rage+hammer triangle string to kill priest #2(the other enemies were stunned). As soon as he was down I went back to translator and fired off another AQ to kill the weakened enemies. From here I just stood nearby and used the fleece to absorb incoming attacks and block enemies away from the translator. I did this until two fresh dogs were in grabbing distance and punted them both at priest #3 for the kill. From here I just activated my remaining rage and killed the last two enemies. I only had a pixel of health because in between priest #2 and 3 I got surrounded.

Good times. Can’t wait to finish this up.

52God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
Beat the Cerberus/Juggernaut battle. Used collisions to take care of the first wave of Cerberus(cerberi?), rotating through the pups so they don’t grow. In the second wave I used rage for a quick hammer triangle string on the Cerberus, and then took care of the pup. From here I used one AQ and slowed the juggernauts and Cerberus with Euryale and then back into more hammer strings to kill the Cerberus. I was low on health so I lured the juggernauts to the right of the arena and waited for them to both taunt before opening the health chest. From here I just took care of the juggernauts normally. Not as bad as I was expecting.

53God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
NUR is done. Not as bad I was anticipating, translator was tough as was the endurance run, but other than that I didn’t have much trouble. Not having upgrades really made me appreciate the spear, stuff like might of the king, and false grabs. Just an all-around phenomenal game. Will probably do another run before Death Stranding drops. Will get into GoW1 at some point soon.

54God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Good notes man, especially regarding translator. Sorry, I have been away for a bit and am now catching up on comments haha! Ironically the Translator fight isn't one I'm too afraid off in the future, it is the Barbarian fight for some reason. Always, no matter what, that fight rubs me the wrong way.

Always fantastic to see another soul get deep into God of War, the classics. It's sad that they got shoved to the side but it really shows that western developers can at times really do it, if only by accident.

Did you talk to SBK at all about your run? I'm sure he'd be thrilled. Though I can understand if you're not getting into that, it can be quite a typing adventure haha!

Out of all the God of War games you've played, which do you like the most so far?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

55God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:21 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
The barbarian fight is also troublesome for me. My biggest gripe with the game is its boss fights honestly, some of them just have a lot of health and are dull to get through(like Perseus).

SBK and I have been talking on the Death Stranding board and he’s given me a lot of tips and showed me some good videos. He also gave me a lot of insight about GoW3 as well, very knowledgeable guy. As far as being a typing adventure, I don’t even type as much as him but it takes me forever to respond because I’m not used to going so in depth like that haha.

GoW2 is my favorite just for its combat and nice platforming/puzzle sections. I’ve always loved the first game but haven’t given it the attention of 2. As for 3, I think it’s an awesome game but some changes to the combat put me off compared to the first two, the severely nerfed collision damage sucks some fun out of the game to me. Battering Ram is great though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum