The_Lord_of_Zeal
Birdman
hedfone
RedShot
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

101God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Fri May 31, 2024 5:20 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>added them
So I saw.

>thoughts on the BL case
I felt the same (as I describe). To note it, in the same vein, this DEF reaction (anti-casual counter) was missed for Wraith of Asphodel, too (a unique attack in this instance).

>thanks
Thanks for going through the trouble with CE and recording all this even before compiling.

>reminding of the Dragon Uppercut
As well you should.

>GoW1
For sure, but also (probably) GoWII (trying to tidy up, but working from an odd base and greatly expanding on it).

>any other move compete
In terms of RP building or what?

>even more absurd
Slightly so. The bonus elemental strikes aren't as potent as they probably should be, so it isn't as lethal as it could be for a TAS scenario. There are limits by the looks of it. You'll see for yourself down the road.

>keep an eye out
Still ain't seeing it (his run and mine are both done *plus I had more SoD time in another full run*).

102God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Fri May 31, 2024 8:58 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Asphodel Wraiths missing an unique
On it. Still, will take some time to add it to the bestiary (since my internet has been really slow lately).

>thanks
Glad to be able to do my part for the community.

>in terms of what
Damage.

>not as potent
Still, 30-60DMG (depending on the frame rate of the game, and if the elemental strikes deal 1DMG at minimum) per use of this (without including the two prior hits, or if this t0 has its own base and the elemental strikes are a separate matter, that as well).

>limits
Don't like the sound of this.

>see for myself
Pretty much.

>never saw it after observing three runs
Then it's either absurdly rare, or it flat out can't happen at all.

103God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:17 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>on it
Whenever works. It takes me time to get back to chipping away anyhow.

>slow internet
Outages? "What are those?" - Zester

>I'm doing my part
"Would you like to know more?" - SST

>DMG
I'm going to assume you mean dps. I'd be willing to guess OSoO is comparable (just that it has cooldown). Also, Soul Dumping. Possibly shredding (unsafe as it can be).

>don't like the sounds of this
You'll like how they handle limits from opps even less.

>ultra rare or not a thing
Just so.

104God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:19 pm

Zimnas

Zimnas
D-Rank
God of War

I've been thinking about a custom GoWII PAIN+ run that utilises exploits to avoid having the fleece at later parts of the game (Destiny's Atrium GF door and beyond). Considering how a GF 'perfect block' has an advantage over the default one, there is a small added layer of difficulty. Not anything ground-breaking, but it is an idea for a future run.

NOTE: Spike room Nymphs are not infinite. 25 in number.

NOTE2: Kraken tentacle knobs can be damaged with CR from below. However, breaking is not a good idea when you are not alreday climbing the tentacle (you have a few seconds to approach the exposed wound and grab).

105God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:21 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>considering a custom PAIN+
>anti-GF
Philosophy covers that, but perhaps you want a different blend?

>25 count
Ayyy, no way I'm wasting that much MP for things with no drop chance. Saint Mod stuff? Done (lots of fun little findings as with the BH and SoD focus stuff). I suppose FIGHT method would just need to keep up the dance a little bit longer, eh?

>CR on knobs
Yeah, I did a lot of such testing more recently. Knob 1 was plenty doable in a lot of MAX case (I couldn't do it with the time we have and lvl1 CR since the IJ execution on PS3 controller is such ass and the reach is so bad in tandem with DMG at lvl1). Knob 2 is tricky business. Theoretically possible to do more than weaken. I'd have to commit to actually trying to break into breakout if even possible (to catch the iffy ass 'ceiling').

106God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:01 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Finished Bestiary. Others later. Not sure if I'll get back to NBR+ NUR+ redux and such (GoWII) or not this week. Time will tell. Still have to catch up with the AoT talk with Hypa among other things.

107God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:54 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Right, so here we go, GMG. Again, thanks for your efforts with the attack naming.

--- FIRST EDIT ---

>throw reversal data
Think I covered all of it.

>collisions
Nope, I didn't do that.

>probably set to 0
I'd think the same thing.

>orb chance%
If we can get easily readable values as with GoW1, yeah, maybe. Though as it stands, I'd sooner do that for GoW1 (since the data is more readable, as noted). Been thinking of noting Block chance% for GoW1's bestiary, too. For GoWII, it would be the same deal (only if the data is presented well).

>pertains to SAINT run
Maybe it would be useful for another modded case.

>frame disadvantage
Perhaps it could go at the opening bit of the document (since it doesn't matter what triggers which reaction).

>first direct hit
>shockwave second
Yes.

>both
If two soldiers manage to hit you, then yes, 10/10.

>surprising
Same.

>hopefully Zesty loses an OHKO to [Hand Rest]
Kek.

>GoWIII Hades Arm
Only seen in an optional room guarding a feather (so they probably don't get seen in NURs), no?

>half collision off OS
Yeah, surprised me as well.

>P% scaling
Correct.

--- SECOND EDIT ---
>FP skipped Pegasus Flight
Amusing. I initially skipped the BoA values for this segment, but already added them a long time ago.

>fine with 'Dark Energy'
Somewhat surprising.

>pop out of existence
I vaguely recall something like that. Don't remember what happened after.

>Hellzone Grenade
Ayyy. I replace it for this, though I don't really mean the 'orbs' themselves, just the screen going white. The orbs hitting you and the 'flash' damaging you are two separate things.

>when can it be 0
Honestly, no idea. This is something I only saw a whopping amount of ONE time. Not even with save states I was able to replicate it.

>options for i-frame ignoring
Even with infinite MP (since the meter usually gets all blown off for the dashing sequence).

>Zephyrus
Whenever you see a fancy name like this one, it was taken from existing attacks in the GoW1 bestiary suggested by either Alpha or Kira. Though I don't recall who suggested what now. Think the only 'fancy' things that came from me were the attacks from Barbarian Mercenary, and that's it.

>losing 72HP
I meant 72 hits, for a total of the noted damage (0.13 x 72 hits). This only happens if the Harpy gets the W.

>guide claimed wrong things
I double checked, and can confirm that the noted value is what's seen in the bestiary.

>if other RP sources double
Since the RP values are tied to whatever reaction Kratos does, it depends.

NOTE: For this reason, if Krate takes damage, but the reaction doesn't play out for whatever reason (such as being hit by a regular poke while in the air), the RP returns will be 0.

>N/A applying for rope versions
They should also get a 'no'. I only put that for the wall versions because I could trick through those attacks (and thus place the correct note for it), but I don't think there's a spot in the game where we can stand still normally while a FS tries to attack us WHILE on the rope.

>Shove hitting twice
Yeah. Like Lunge in GoW1 (and for Queens in GoWII) multi-hitting you (even though it's just one attack).

>UA gets a fancy name
You already know the history behind this.

>dressed up
Same for this.

>page divide
Yes, but it seems you've already figured that out.

>CWB a thing for the Pegasus bit
Would help tremendously for these fused cases as you noted.

>'Backshots'
>'No Home'
>'No Reacharound'
Reaching out for help to you was the best idea ever.

>Dark Projectile being interruptible
Think it could be done via dashing.

>enough DPS to 'kill' Dark Rider
Not happening. And in the event that his HP DOES reach 0, he'll just fly off (yeah, he doesn't even fall off to his death or even despawn from existence, he just flies away), and the game gets softlocked.

>Pathetic PS damage
Least his version scales (means more to the vets who almost always play on VH).

>Lv 0 SoD
Kek.

>funny if we could have been 'altered'
I concur.

>FG i-frames irk you
Same. They basically last for as long as it takes them to fully stand up (to play out the dizzy animation).

>shake-out times
Good point....

--- THIRD EDIT ---

>Theseus having a reaction to WB
News to me. Can it be exploited?

>'Impale' lacking activation DMG
Highly bizarre to me, yes. But ND folks surely appreciate it.

>'Ice Pillars' acting like a hazard
If it acted like one, it would have all the things you (and me) would want it to have, yes (including FF).

>patterns
So kind of his AI script? Imagine if we could view this in the browser (like other tools can for Final Fantasy titles).

>5sHP
Nope.

>Self-destruct
Was shocked to learn that this was blockable.

>a status like in Souls
Poison?

NOTE: It is amusing to me that GoW does more with statuses compared to FFXVI.

>escaping 'Web' and 'Shriek' should give RP
Agreed.

>how dramatic
Another one of those examples for where I got those 'fancy' names from.

>Polyphemus
Same for this.

>Odysseus
This, too.

--- FOURTH EDIT ---

>non-canon name
I forget what it was, but Zesty's chat sure loved to spam it whenever he was referenced. It started with 'Al', I think.

NOTE: You said that the comics weren't canon to the source material, correct? Could we discuss this in a bit more detail? Not that I disagree, just to get more informed. Apparently SSM considers them canon. Does the fact that the games had a different director from 2 onwards affect anything in regards to their canon status (as opposed to the comics)? Though I suppose if nuGoW is canon, then those should absolutely be so, too.

>real shitbox
I know, right? Just trash.

>LV
Don't recall any bonus damage going on (or else I would've reported it). Unless I simply didn't test this at all.

>Soul Summon 2 and 3
Need to edit this while probably putting a note about how SS1 isn't an attack, so it wasn't included. Or maybe it would have been, if it didn't trigger a mini cutscene.

>what we should be able to do
Wouldn't be surprised it if they half ass it to where it isn't worth using (so the heavies remain tops).

>20DMG from 360 toss
I meant the reversal deals 20 damage to the BM, and THEN it inflicts 'instant kill' on him. 360 toss works the same as usual.

>BL and their 'Running Slash'
>jobbing to jumping
And with it goes the free RP, IIRC.

>not 20
Yeah, definitely not. Recall testing this more times than necessary, even, so I recall it quite well.

--- FIFTH EDIT ---

>no mix-up game
At least not with a 'partner' giving directions on what to do.

>rigged to prevent harming the runt
Least CWB gets its sweet exploit to work it.

>unblockable into a proper throw
Yeah, which is why one scales, while the other doesn't.

>would have hated to test TM's Rage Pounds
Even WITH tools. A complete nightmare (even with TAS to advance one frame).

>spin2win also being a bother
Think this was even worse.

>not all CS minigame fails get noted
They don't? Oof, and here I thought I was thorough. Will have to add this soon.

>reversal for bulls
Yeah, that should definitely do way more damage.

>Asterion got a name drop
But not originally from me (another of those examples).

>referencing Herc
Yet another one.

>Charon's Strike
Yep.

>how Papa Sparks relates
Neither do I.

>Styx
Another.

>Pandora's Punishment
And another.

--- SIXTH EDIT ---

>FP not referencing spells for Gorgons
Wonder why.

>'SS1' is SS2
Yeah, will modify that along with adding the missing CS minigame fails (hope there aren't too many of them).

>this mechanic
That sounds swell.

>strong enough to do these things
Like the Atlas bit (though Atlas probably wasn't trying too hard).

>first porion still blockable
It is.

>Limit Break
Referencing FFVII (perhaps even VIII)? If so, wow.

>Fire Harpy
Ever noticed it doesn't appear in the Arena? Almost missed it (so I had to speedrun the game up until this part).

>why is XYZ a [wrong color]
Appreciate you noting these (my computer has a weird problem where it won't show the correct colors for browsers and other things, so I have to use ANOTHER device to check if the color changes got updated/are correct).

>Mana Destroyer being affected by E
Yeah, apparently everything that decreases MP in any way gets affected by the 25% reduction.

>Saint MOD should be affected
It ought to be.

>Perseus immune to spells
Is he? I seem to recall he either blocked or evaded them most of the time, but I also recall TS damaging him in some occasions.

--- SEVENTH EDIT ---

>Pandora's Strike a fancy name
Take a guess.

>Spin of Judgement
Yeah.

>Gelos
>who
Mhm.

NOTE: Some of those got probably suggested by Alpha. Being Greek, I'm surprised he got these wrong.

>Icarus' QTE rules
>convoluted
The explanation, or how all of it works?

>TM3's Rock Toss hits for the start-up
Yeah. TM1 and 2 lack this because we can't usually get to where they are in time to get hit by the start-up (so only the rock has a value for them).

>would think it would hurt way more
What was it with SSM and their reasoning for attacks hurting more/less than their animations would suggest?

>beyblade
Surprised you know about this. Brings back memories.

>Underworld's Snare
I think this one was probably named by me.

>who can tell
Using TAS and increasing the in-game resolution, it does look like a headbutt to me.

--- EIGHTH EDIT ---

>Polyphemus
Another example.

>unique
Doesn't look like it, now that you mention it.

>can't hit knob with PR
Wut?

>4/5
Think that's for each projectile.

>Jason allowed to balance "Floor Charge"
Now it all makes sense.

>Serpentine Lash listed as double this time
Correct.

>launcher note for the mini arms
Added.

>skipping Breath
>Breath
?

>lack of note for Lightning Aura
Also added.

108God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:55 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Made a change for the bestiary. Added a note at the beginning, which explains the notation used for petrification duration. And, of course, the actual duration for all enemies. Thanks again GMG for suggesting that to be added.

109God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:35 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Another thing to get back to.  And because I don't recall where I was sharing redux stuff, I'll just drop it here (via spoiler tag to avoid page stretch).  Probably need a post or so (first half had testing from later runs, so it will be extra wordy).

NBR+ NUR+ redux

Spoiler:

Last edited by GodModeGOD on Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

110God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:39 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

NBR+ NUR+ redux (Part 2)

Spoiler:

111God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Wed Oct 02, 2024 3:43 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>another thing to get back to
Take your time.

>the redux stuff
In my NUR+ topic on GFAQs (archived, by the way)? Though I don't remember if that was the redux or not (just remember that it was about GoW1).

>NBR+ NUR+
Something I have to try for an actual full run instead of just Clone War (for even GoW1 *let alone GoWII*).

112God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:08 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>redux or not
I'm only doing a redux owed to losing the originals, so that would have been it.

>archived
Of course.

>actually try
Usually a whole lot of nothing (especially with GoW1/GoWII's tricking), but can surprise here and there. Having to go full casual (or Soulsfag) forgetting you can block is a switch up. Everything is truly UB now.

113God of War 2 general discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: God of War 2 general discussion Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:27 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>did it only due to losing the originals
I see. Thought it was because you wanted to find possible new strats (presumed that given your desire to test Kraken).

>a whole lot of nothing
Still probably different enough to make me approach things wildly differently.

>can surprise here and there
Zim often mentions NBR+ NUR+ Charon. Apparently very enjoyable on such conditions.

>Soulsfag and their allergies to shields
>because of muh honor
Kek.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum