Hyperfist/Malcar
Memes of Monsoon
correojon
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

51Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah regarding the sequel, with many iterations I would agree: make something new. He's getting older and probably only has 1 or 2 games left in him before his inevitable retirment. That said, Death Stranding really felt like it needed more time in the oven and a second attempt to really hone in on what made it great.

That said, I'm a little bit worried. Just a tiny percent. Because the Director's Cut was more focused on what players wanted from him than what he wanted to do. The DC was chuckfull of "now you don't need to do deliveries anymore" and what new content there was was combat/stealth focused - which wasn't the point. Really hope DS2 focusses on traversal again.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

52Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:15 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

Although Kojima has announced that he has a plan to make a more smaller & experimental game (which is probably made for google stadius), So I like to see that one. And it is supported by MS now, It would be xbox exclusive ... The reason I decided to buy xsx in the first place, lol.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

53Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> google stadia
That platform was cut few months ago, it doesn't exist anymore, so I'm curious what will happen to those planned titles (probably cancelled sadly).

54Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I got followed on Twitter by this guy TripleSMoon.

Says he talks about action and writes articles but only through Patreon? Is he really charging to talk about action games? I see you're following him Roy.

55Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:23 am

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

Birdman wrote:I got followed on Twitter by this guy TripleSMoon.

Says he talks about action and writes articles but only through Patreon? Is he really charging to talk about action games? I see you're following him Roy.
Oh, that's me, haha.

I just started a Patreon this month. I'm trying to build up my action game channel, and the mini essays are backer rewards. There are also full essays coming soon, but those will be public (with early access on Patreon). The main content is still my YouTube content.

I certainly get the trepidation about Patreon for something like this, but I'm learning as I go. Happy to hear feedback even if it's, "charging for this, really?"

https://www.backloggd.com/u/JulietStMoon

56Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:01 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>trepidation about Patreon
I get it for big things but sounded weird for just articles.

Though your explanation makes more sense. Just got a bad impression I guess.

I saw you made some positive Lollipop Chainsaw comments. I don't see that often. Would appreciate if you checked out the topic here and what you think of the info. Sometimes I dump all my notes there.

57Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:44 am

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

Birdman wrote:Just got a bad impression I guess.
It's totally fine mate, making sure I make the right impression, etc is one of the things I'm gonna have to figure out.

Birdman wrote:I saw you made some positive Lollipop Chainsaw comments. I don't see that often. Would appreciate if you checked out the topic here and what you think of the info. Sometimes I dump all my notes there.
Why else do you think I followed you? Haha. I saw your threads on LC in here and on GameFAQs when lurking here, and good resources on the game are hard to find. I'm actually revisiting the game for the first time since my one normal mode playthrough back in 2015, and finding it's way cooler than I gave it credit for back then! I love how the stun and slam mechanics work and such. A lot of cool stuff to work with! Your info has been helpful!

In other news, has anyone here played Wet? I'm thinking of trying it out, because footage I've seen looks a lot cooler than I expected.

58Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:02 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> WET
I actually own the game. It's a really fun romp, good soundtrack and it's one of those 'it looks stylish to play and makes you feel cool' without actually requiring much from you. It got a lot of flack for being repetative and having QTE bossfights, but if you play it in bursts it's definitely worth a few bucks and hours. Good game to just play over a weekend.

59Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:22 pm

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

That's cool! I ended up buying a fairly cheap complete copy on Mercari. I swear, that please is a treasure trove of cheaper-than-usual games nobody pays attention to.

60Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It's OK but relies too much on slowmo. You have to be in it pretty much all the time to be able to fight otherwise you get torn to pieces by bullets in seconds.

61Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:55 pm

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

I see. Well, I guess I'll see how it is. Most of my past year in gaming has been accidentally dominated by 7th gen action games, so this feels like a natural step.

62Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:43 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah definitely try it.

I played it through twice. Some cool stuff like bring able to target two enemies at once and wall stuff. Got tired of slowmo though. There could be mechanics I don't know about.

I think Roy played it too.

There's this weird glitch I got a few times on the PS3 version where enemies wouldn't really die. It was the most bizarre glitch I've ever seen in gaming.

What happens is you deal the final hit that kills them, whatever that may be, and in thst instant they freeze in place. I've seen them frozen in the air from explosion, or in the middle of falling from a sword slash. The creepy part is their eyes still follow you.

This locks up the game because in many areas you need to kill everyone to progress and the game doesn't count them as dead. Didn't happen too many times, though in one area I reloaded multiple times and it kept happening.

63Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:37 am

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

Haha, that's BIZARRE. Hopefully it won't happen to me, but I DID get the PS3 version (because PS3 is what's more convenient for me in my setup), but I guess we'll see.

64Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:46 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I bought Hori`s Game Cube Controller "For switch"just because of curiosity.
It definitely fits on older games, Resident evil 4 and The Ninja Warriors Once again, but not to modern games. Usually "B(X)" button is for jumping now days, small "B" on left-below is too tricky to control.

But that two games are the best switch games I`ve got, so it was worth it.

65Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Was considering that new Front Mission remake. But then I found out that you can't target body parts. Whatever you hit is random.

66Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:17 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I`m keep trying gamecube style controller on many other games, and I become familiar with this scheme. If you can change the control scheme like DMC or Sifu, It would work.

For example, I reassigned keys in sifu like below

B as Weak attack
A as Strong attack
X as Picking Things(+Moutning on tumbeld enemies)
Y as throwing
R(=RB) as Interacting

and It wokred very smooth! But most of switch games don`t allow this amount of control change so well...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

67Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:14 pm

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

Speaking of GameCube controllers, what action games on GameCube do people recommend? Besides the obvious Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, and PN03 picks? I really want an excuse to play cool action games with that controller.

68Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:45 pm

GN1

B-Rank

Not necessarily action, but if you can use Dolphin then Metroid Prime 1+2, Ultimate Muscle seems good (developed by AKI), I'm personally interested in Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube version is the only 60fps version), Sin and Punishment Star Successor also supports Gamecube controllers.

69Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 12, 2023 4:38 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I only played 2 hours and 15 mins on The legend of Zelda : Tears of Kingdom, but I really think about "immersive sims". I don`t wanna talk about its definition nor a claim about whether Tears of the kingdom is blah blah blah. What I wanna talk about is something universal.

There is a word "Lock & Key design", and usually immersive sims are in the oppoiste side. But, In my view, Many people thought only about "key" sides, like "emergent gameplay" or "tool-kit" etc etc. It is very different between "You can use many keys for unlocking this lock" and "This lock can be unlocked by the combination from these keys".

The outstanding summarize was done by errant signal, the clip below.

We can call a former design as "Canvas design" (as description of this clip), but I suggest that we can call a latter design as "Multi-Factor Authentication=MFA design" from the expansion of "Lock & Key" metaphor. You see, MFA can not be done by the only one "key", but by the combination of "keys" whatever you want if they are above two. And at least in tutorial section, Tears of kingdom follows "MFA design" imo.

70Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 1:08 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Question,did itagaki ever talk about what he thinks of the gow games?

71Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 5:25 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I am playing "The legend of zelda : Tears Of The Kingdom", but this time I really wanna write "the journal" of this adventure. I have a rule of mine, which is that I only play the games 90mins~2hours everyday morning. If it is too late, I`ll skip the gameplay(This rule helps me to sleep fast lol).

So, In my backloggd, I wrote everyday 90mins events like a "real" journal. I started my first record like below. I`ll not refer the full log of that day, but you can glimpse where My plan goes.

"I am originally a stranger from Hyrule. I am from Nowon-ku(蘆原區), Seoul city, South korea and my name is Ashihara Nepu Yona(蘆原.N.四七)*. But whatevere the reason is, Hyrule people call me 'Link'.

I already save this kingdom at 2018, And the record stopped at there. I rested long time, so my body is not that quick and agile like before. In addition to that, I want to improve my movements, I learn ancient martial arts "Hori (Switch) GameCube Battle Pad". I saw a great potential, but my move sometimes become awkward.

Anyway, today, Princess Zelda and I went to an underground area, a remnant of ancient civilization, but There was the sealed Ganondorf-like figure. He eventually awoke up and went on a rampage, So we get seperated..."

I am korean so It is written by korean, and DeepL translation (to English) was not perfect. But if you are interested, Check my backloggd log.

*Chinese characters were lingua franca in east asia, just like Latin language in Europe. However, Shared language is "characters", not pronunciation. Usually some words of Chinese & Korean & Japanese are very similar because latter two mimicked chinese pronunciation. But sometimes it is compeletly different, In this case, "蘆原" can be read as "Nowon" in Korean but as "Ashihara" in Japanese. I just wanna use puns lol.

72Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 5:49 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

73Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 7:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Interesting watch. He does use a lot of almost prose here, but the general point stands: some people like one thing and need a specific type of motivation to enjoy things, while others have other needs, with some examples given. I think everyone can relate to his point of some players not getting any satisfaction out of cutscenes for example.

That said I do feel he glances over the more simple matters in his attempt to be complex, namely "some people just want to fullfill a wish". Not everyone plays or keeps playing Ninja Gaiden due to the rewards it gives, intrinsic and extrinsic. Sometimes you just want to play as a pirate. Or a ninja. Or a super hero. I only played Batman Arkham Asylum at the time because I liked Batman's comics. Sure there are more in-depth reasons, especially those that keep you coming back, but sometimes it can be a bit more clearcut than he makes it out to be imo.

74Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 8:21 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>Sometimes you just want to play as a pirate. Or a ninja. Or a super hero
I think that in his view that is the "reward" that you get if you have that desire. That said, I found the video maybe too abstract. I get what he's saying but it doesn't go anywhere (unlike the context sensitivity video for example).

75Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 8:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

This video is a good example imo of the saying "sometimes a cigar, is just a cigar". He has some interesting points and analysis, but it's more a teaching video on "some people like A, others like B, this is what that looks like" other than making a good point or provide interesting examples. Like how games like Uncharted 4 appeal to numerous audiences at the same time (through a gameplay mode that removes all story moments for example). Or a mission-mode in a more lineair game etc. Or DLC.

Still some good new content

76Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 14, 2023 9:25 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

From what I've understood, line between extrinsic and intrinsic isn't that clear cut and they overlap. Part of playing a game is active intepretation of stimuli on the screen by player, but players also act upon their own wishies in a game - creating sort of feedback loop. Extrinsic rewards are only meaningful, because their meaning originates from a player.

I think that extrinsic rewards can be catalyst for intrinsic motivation if done correctly. For instance, achievements like beat the game without using healing items in RE2R or beat the game under 5 hours in GOW can provide good reasons for attempting them even if the final goal isn't geting all the achievements. They provide enjoyable challenge scenarios.

Yeah, it's all very abstract and it can be easily answered with: "that depends on a person".

>cutscenes
After playing MP3, I don't believe they're rewards. They're saddistic tools of torture.

77Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 17, 2023 7:32 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Will Zoe3 be at the GAYstation showcase?

78Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 17, 2023 7:52 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

^ I wouldn't get my hopes high. They'll probably announce and showcase bunch of unispired movie "games" that will be hyped up as 2nd coming of Christ, at least that's my prediction when it comes to 1st party games. 3rd party game might be more intersting, but I stopped observing this hype train while ago.

Kojima might show something more concerning DS2. They already showcased a lots of stuff about FFXVI. Am I missing something about Zoe3 or anything else worthy of note?

79Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 17, 2023 8:06 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>movie game
There could be a gow 1 remake potentially. Know for a fact they are gonna change it so that the opening starts you off walking to the mountain. Cory will make sure of it that’s for sure.

80Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 17, 2023 9:22 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>another remake
God fucking no. At best they're same game twice, at worst they're downgrade from the original. This remake culture is tiring. I don't need walking segments in a game that already has unskippable cutscenes. And who the fuck knows what kind of ingenious changes they will come up with.

81Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 19, 2023 4:57 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Ninja gaiden 4 and zoe3 will one day come. It’s gonna happen one day. I’m sure.

82Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 19, 2023 8:29 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

There are a lot of rumors about an MGS3 remake at the show. Fuck that. Just give me remasters of the whole series on a console I actually use.

>NG4 and ZOE3 will happen
But should it?

83Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 19, 2023 10:07 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>mgs3 remake
Saw it on twitter and it’s definitely not true. If it’s the leak I’m thinking of it’s most likely not true since it spelled like half of the games wrong. It also said SSM next game is darkside. So yeah it’s a space game if that leak is true.

>Should it
Not sure. I mean it won’t hurt me personally for some reason. I guess it’s because Zoe2 kind of reached its peak I guess? I dunno.

84Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat May 20, 2023 7:48 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> MGS3
isn't that thing rumored every freak'n month?

85Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 21, 2023 2:08 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

> MGS3 rumor
It`s like Switch pro or Switch 2. Even it is true, It is shot by a blindness bullet because EVERY MONTH, there is a rumor as you said. So, I don`t even care about those rumors now.

86Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 21, 2023 11:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah it's like the Metroid Prime HD rumors. Heard those for nearly what, ten years?

87Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun May 21, 2023 2:30 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

A High-skill DMC player koudai updated new video and it is the play of The legend of zelda : Tears of the kingdom. I always liked his fresh ideas, and this one is also impressive too.

88Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 22, 2023 1:20 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

Well, looks fun to me

89Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 22, 2023 6:25 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>Doom Gaiden
At first I thought it was Shinobi mod, but apparently it's new mod form the same creator. Remember being curious about Shinobi, but never got around to play it , because I was distracted by something else.

90Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue May 23, 2023 9:05 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ironically this ... looks like what Wanted:Dead wanted to be hahahaha. Really cool.

91Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue May 23, 2023 6:10 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>rumored every month
A supposed remake of MGS1 came up that much every since Demon’s Souls remake released, but the MGS3 one is more recent and now it’s being talked about as if it’s happening for sure at the event tomorrow.

I genuinely don’t know how the game would be remade. Would they put the game into MGS5’s engine and call it a day? That game was built with massive environments in mind and putting Snake’s insane movement in MGS3 wouldn’t work. Or maybe they’ll stick more closely to how MGS3 actually is and just “modernize” the controls while taking assets from that pachinko machine.

92Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue May 23, 2023 10:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> modern mgs3
So Snake, which is now his real name instead of his codename, is escorting Eve (a young girl) through the rainforest in America as she's the only one with information on the corrupt governament. Snake is especially attached to Eve, as she reminds him of his (dead) daughter. Gameplay will mostly be a mixture of exploration of lineair hallways, stealth segments with OHKO death if spotted, forced shooting sections with a choice of three weapons (pistol, rifle, melee) and the newly added zombies.

93Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 1:00 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

Warhammer 40k : Boltgun is surprisingly good. On switch, It has a few framedrops and relatively long loading time though. But you can adjust deadzones or acceleration, so it is comportable to play with a game pad.

94Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 2:18 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>modern MGS3
I just aggressively vomited.

>Boltgun
Looks like a fun time, not sure if I want to pay for it though.

95Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 3:51 am

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

Has anyone here played Unsighted? Finally playing it after it was collecting digital dust in my library for months, and the combat and traversal systems are way cooler than a Zelda clone this blatant has any right to be. Some sequence-breaking potential with different movement systems that synergize together, as well as enemy designs that are individually straightforward but make for some tricky arrangements when mixed together.

96Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 7:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> boltgun
Was really excited for it, since I'm a big 40k fanboy, but this kinda went me by. Might play it in the future.

> Unsighted
Guess it was...unsighted Very Happy
Never heard of it, got some footage?

97Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 11:34 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

>boltgun

There is no revolutionary thing in this game, but you would be satisfied if you are either a fan of warhammer 40k or boomer shooter(without any knowledge about 40k universe). It is that kind of enjoyable game.

98Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 11:56 am

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

>got some footage?
Video + short thread of my early impressions
https://twitter.com/TripleSMoon/status/1660891107012517888

99Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 10:28 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

A blindness bullet has been shot
MGS3 remake is coming lol

100Chatting about games - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 10:29 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Wow, mgs3 remake is real probably gonna suck tho

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum