Hyperfist/Malcar
Memes of Monsoon
correojon
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

401Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:27 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Birdman wrote:Like the old ones. New ones are cringe trash.
the new games are rather story driven cutscene heavy game filled with scripted events. I don't mind cuz it's a "movie game"

402Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:29 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Yeah, I voted for onimusha and dino crisis remake/sequels.. Now hopefully capcom delivers the remakes without butchering it

403Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:27 am

GN1

B-Rank

I voted there only to tell them in the final section I want their old games ported. Also disappointing that God Hand and Viewtiful Joe weren't choices there. I don't expect a God Hand sequel of course, but Kamiya said on multiple occasions he wants to make a VJ3 and I'm all for it, I love the first one.

Aside from those, I also asked for ports of Onimusha and Dino Crisis (not remakes), Haunting Ground, P.N.03, Maximo and Shadow of Rome. Not that I think it will happen lol but worth a shot I suppose. I can emulate all of them just fine, but ports with some QoL changes are always nice (I really want a Gamecube port of VJ1 with Dante added back).

404Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:21 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

>asking for God Hand and Viewtiful Joe
Same.

Also asked for Haunting Ground and Chaos Legion.
You know the part where it asks for your favorite character? It doesn't even recognize Sieg so I put Amaterasu instead.

405Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:08 pm

GN1

B-Rank

I wanted to put Gene from God Hand but it didn't recognize him as well so I just put Viewtiful Joe instead. Did you finish Viewtiful Joe on adults?

I'm currently in Kamui in Okami and I love the game, combat is really fun despite being easy and I try to experiment with the brush techniques and see what cool interactions I can find. Also loved Oni Island it was a great level.

I still didn't replay Haunting Ground but I plan on finishing it on hard, and then doing it again with 2 of the extra costumes (The one with the whip and the one with the gun). Great game but 2 years later and I'm still disappointed that the final quarter sucks lol, it really throws away everything that made the game great until that point.

406Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>VJ on Adults
Don't remember. Probably not.

>I'm currently in Kamui in Okami and I love the game, combat is really fun despite being easy and I try to experiment with the brush techniques and see what cool interactions I can find. Also loved Oni Island it was a great level.
*removes GN1 from hit list*

>final quarter
Young Lorenzo?

407Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:37 am

GN1

B-Rank

Yes the whole House of Truth. I looked at the Haunting Ground thread and we discussed it when I finished the game lol.

408Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:28 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>did you look at these
Yes. Just like you guys, I asked ports of their old games. Wonder if they can do anything about CL, given that it's a licensed game.

>You know the part where it asks for your favorite character? It doesn't even recognize Sieg so I put Amaterasu instead.
I also looked for Chaos Legion in parts where they asked for favorite games or something, and CL didn't even have an image.

I also selected Amaterasu, believe it or not. Because of the other Capcom games I've played, Mega Man and his variations don't appeal to me that much (as characters). Didn't finish any DMC, so I can't say I'm a huge fan of Dante. Never played SF, so Ryu couldn't be it. And it basically went on like that for most of their franchises, so Amaterasu was it.

>*removes GN1 from hit list*
I can think of at least one person who's on the list.

409Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Phoenix I want you to try a game called Crystal Project. It's on PC and Switch. There's a demo.

I'm playing it now. Could be good.

410Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:19 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I've played that, but only once. Very similar to V, and not only in the superficial aspects (several classes to choose from). Lots of seemingly good ways to go about dealing damage, though CP had better fixed damage options at low level compared to V, from what I recall. I think it also lacked Level buffs.

If you like this, then you should try V:A, so you can compare and contrast the strengths of both.

411Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I don`t know that this belongs in chatting or RoR thread...

The publishing and selling of Rise of Ronin is banned for South Korea. Because, In behind scene, Director fumihiko yasuda refers Shonin Yoshida as a great philosopher like socrates. Well, Shonin Yoshida had a huge infulence to modernize Japan, but he was a very aggressive imperialist and insisted that Japan should attack & rule Korea and China. And it looks like that he would be a mentor to portagonist in this game.

Honestly, This time I was like "Well, It would so". I am usually against this level of censorhsip. I can agree with some elements deleted or changed by cutural context, but not published at all? For example, South Korea didn`t publish Splinter Cell : Chaos theory, because there is a mission with north korea invasion to south korea. It was a ridiculous decision for me. But, this time, eh... Like, I can understand Japaneses` view to the person who modernized their country, but most of people from colonies would not like it. And this is First-party exclusive title targetting world-wide then you should be more careful imo.

Mostly, I am not that anticipating at this game(it seems like nioh-clone with open world elements for now), so my reaction was not so strong. On the other hand, Korean gamers are mad about Team ninja and the defender is called as "nation-sellers".

It is nothing with actual RoR gameplay, but I just wanna share some my country`s happening.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

412Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:01 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Touchy subject probably, but it's a Japanese game, made by Japanese, that has a twist on Japanese mythology and history. If that offends one country and sees it being banned, that's too bad I'd say. With other entries/games you could argue that you should censor it, definitely, to at least get the game released (i.e. what happened a lot to games in Germany in the 'cube era).

I mean if he actually like was the cause of wars/mass killings that's a whole other deal ofc, but even then one man's butcher is another man's hero in this case (as is clearly seen by Fumihiko's reaction).

> nation-sellers
I will say it's a bit much to get this up in arms over a video game featuring a man that's been dead for more than 100 years.

> splintercell
I remember reading about that. Sucks since it's the best entry imo

https://stinger.actieforum.com

413Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:31 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

> at least get the game released

I think so. We koreans can judge it later, see how devs portray this person and if it is that romanticized, then just criticize and don`t buy it *shrug* I was more like "Well... Yeah, Most of koreans would boycott this game so Sony would not publish it, I get it. Sony/Team ninja should act more careful though"

Plus) Splinter cell : Chaos theory was banned by korean gorvenment. This time, Sony just retreated and deleted the purchase page. It is not involved around government policy. It is more like a inner-censorship.

> butcher

Yoshida Shoin* is a bit difficult to talk. In a wide view, cynically saying, He is not that important person as a hero or a villain.

He even died before meiji modernization. But He was an important mentor for members of meiji modernization(and so he will be a mentor for our protagonist of RoR), his philosophy heavily influenced to them. And that philosphy includes colonizing Korea & China, so he also influenced many imperialists in Japan.

But even the idea for colonizing korea & china was injected by him, You know, execution of idea is different thing. That depends on many other factors not only by one mentor(and in my knowledge, some of members of meiji modernization do not want to colonize other country). I guess that Team ninja simply skip that colonizing part but the lack of reffering this will also offend most koreans, for romanticizing a imperialist. I know that it sounds like hysteric, but colonizing era is a big histroical trauma and koreans are very sensitive for that topic.

So my opinion repeats above "Yeah well I don`t stand on censorship but I get it"

*It was shoin, I misspelled at first.

414Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Didn't know Korea was so ban heavy.

415Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:11 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Bit of a rant but puzzle bosses are the dumbest thing in the world in many action games, half of the time they are just: “get boss to weak state and use level for thing” and it’s done. The solution is dead simple and repetitive.

416Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

Got the same feeling while playing Mother Russia Bleeds. Bosses are straight up puzzles and they're immune to any hitstun, so it's just follow the solution that devs want you to do. Among others, one boss is just lure him onto train tracks and throw a flashbang at him as the train is about show up, that's it.

The reason probably why devs do those puzzle bosses, because I assume they're relatively easy to design, since when they require only one specific solution, then you don't have to worry that much about balancing it around player's toolkit.

417Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:56 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

How much replay value and content does hifi rush have when compared to the likes of dmc and bayonetta? Hifi rush is my next game to buy on my wishlist so I wanna set my expectations

418Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Personally the game doesn't open-up until NG+, without the majority of your toolkit it can feel a bit barren at times. I didn't beat NG+ yet since I got pulled into other games and tbh the combat was a bit one-note. You lack a lot of options in combat, and once you 'get' the rythm side it is mostly a game about launchers and color-coded enemies which didn't suit my fancy.

419Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:44 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I think I remember a quote from Kamiya about DMC1 where he implied the first playthrough is almost a tutorial, and the real game starts on subsequent playthroughs - I'd say Hi Fi Rush is definitely that sort of game.

I enjoyed my first playthrough, but as Raeng says, the rhythm elements and colour coded stuff put me off coming back to it. It has some really cool ideas but I think they were better on paper than in reality. I believe it has a Bloody Palace style mode though, which always ticks a box for me with action games.

420Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That aside my biggest gripe, strangely, was that there were no small fights while playing. Due to the Rhythm aspect, every fight has to start at a specific moment, so there's no small random fights against 2 or 3 enemies. As a result it is really a game of Platforming Section > Combat Arena > Platforming Section > Slow Walk Section > Combat Arena. With all arena's being the same flat surface with no interaction to them.

Pair this with color-coded enemies, cooldown mechanics and only one weapon and you get a combat system that really doesn't hold up to me. Especially on repeat-playthroughs.

It has some really cool moments though during the campaign, and the story and characters are very lovable, so I would definitely give it a go if you can. Just go in with tempered expectations.

421Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:52 pm

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

>tempered expectations
alright, shouldnt set it too high then

>rhythm
by rhythm you mean kinda like the arkham games where you need to hit those counter icons?

>color coded
reminds me of worst thing about dmc reboot. do i really have to switch weapons based on its color just to defeat color coded enemies? then that fucking sucks

>lack alot of options in combat
i dont mind at all works for me

422Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:14 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Hifi Rush is one of those games that’s really cool to think about but it got boring fast to me. The whole rhythm thing makes it hard for me to focus on the actual mechanics, all I can think about is trying to stay in time and it’s distracting.

Did anyone play the demo for the new Contra? The switch performance is abysmal but I tried on PS5 and it seems solid.

423Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:36 pm

GN1

B-Rank

Rhythm means that you are encouraged to do stuff in sync with the beat - The enemies also move according to the beat. Other than that it plays and controls like a normal action game, it doesn't play like the Arkham games.

424Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:31 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Avoid like plague.

425Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:36 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

So, apparently Gamergate 2 is a thing somehow. We'll see if anything comes out of it.

426Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I still don't...really understand what Gamergate is exactly haha

427Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:58 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

I wasn't around for it back then, but the gist of it is people found out that a female game developer (Zoe Quinn maybe? I don't remember) was fucking a game reviewer to get higher scores on her game, people found out about it and it spawned a huge debate about ethics in vidya journalism. People on both sides got pretty retarded and it spiraled into Left vs Right politics (like it always does).

Now people are getting uppity about a writing company that offers writing support to videogame studios to increase their ESG score, and since it's videogames writing we're talking about I don't really care that much, but the events that happened in the past few days have been amusing to watch.

428Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:42 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

^I forget, were you the one that wanted to talk about AoT with me?

>GG
I remember it well. The scum ideologues in every facet. The mods, the game journos, higher ups among devs, etc. Only naive fools thought it would just go away (rather than fester). Remind of ignoring furries to focus on bronies only to find the former became much, MUCH WORSE. Gatekeeping is important (the enemy knows it well as they don't care about games of any sort, but will infiltrate all for their beliefs until all bend the knee). I bounced Smuckers the moment I learned he was the sensitive sort. Had I known these things when younger, I wouldn't have let Neuro into TUGOWU. Was still the right call to tolerate Speedy (different issue).

>ZQ
Correct.

>a reviewer
Five, but cheating with many more. It was a small matter (like her nothing 'game'). It got worse with each new bit of nonsense. "Gamers are Dead" articles from GameJournoPros (leaded they emulated corrupt actual 'journos'' to construct false narratives aside from bribes being taken). It became political because it is (inherently). The outsiders invading came to make it so. That was their purpose from the beginning. That and exploitative greed, desire for personal fame/glory (through "virtue"), etc. Their hatred for targeted groups is plain to see as they pretend to represent others. All very amusing.

>ESG
DEI, but their means go beyond 'consulting'. They admit as much on video (as if necessary *only the naive, young or dishonest wouldn't be aware at this juncture*). But this is not a unique company beyond being absurd braggarts too open about their operations. Very foolish. Same people involved, too. Imagine that. There are those that don't want to know these things are going on all around them (and worse like child sex trafficking). Prefer to be ignorant. To think the world is good. They can't handle it. Better to deny. Much of my mother's side is that way. Too unpleasant to deal with the horrors. My father's side is different. They have the right nature to endure, but are evil themselves. Both agree to not look into these things matters (big or small *this being the latter since it is still just games no matter the amount of money involved*).

429Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:10 am

Rorc

Rorc
D-Rank

>Gamergate
The initial thing, about Zoe Quinn sleeping with "Five Guys" for favorable coverage would have blown over in a month. But instead of just ignoring it, Kotaku and Polygon and all the other terrible game "journalists" circled the wagons and insisted that it was just an innocent coincidence that she started sleeping with dudes a week before or after they started writing puff pieces about her.

The "Gamers are Dead" articles were a bunch of articles on various different journo sites, all published on the same day and all pushing the same lock-step narrative saying that gamers are sexist racist evil people and that Zoe Quinn was a saint. Soon enough someone leaked messages showing that all these journo sites were coordinating their coverage and narratives.

Most people already hated sites like Kotaku, but the "Gamers are Dead" articles were like a declaration of war, and people started organizing campaigns to go after their advertisers, or screw them over any other way they could think of. Eventually it spiraled into a big mess and fizzled out. The journos and their ilk still view "gamergate" as a boogeyman of sorts though, which is amusing.

>Gamergate 2
The new thing is about consulting groups, Sweet Baby being the one that sparked it, pushing developers to add political messaging to games or otherwise make their games 'politically correct'. Like the journos, this is something people have been mad about for a while. One particular thing I've seen a lot about is the trend of western games to intentionally make female characters masculine or unattractive, in contrast to eastern games like Stellar Blade or Nier Automata. Sweet Baby is far from the only group pushing such stuff, but they made themselves a target.

There's also the related hooplah about localizers for games/anime shoving their politics into localizations, and several companies saying they're gonna start doing AI translation instead of hiring western localizers. As a Fire Emblem fan I can tell you, AI would almost certainly be an improvement over the English releases of Fates and Engage.

430Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:41 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Gamers are Dead
What fun it was. As with her involvement in destroying her fellows out of jealousy. Fine Young Capitalists, I believe they were called. There were a lot of amusing tales to come of it (GameJournoPros was such as lazy move on their part only to get caught in similar fashion to their bretrhen cretins in narrative control for enemies of the very people they are supposed to cater to).

>ads pulled
I remember it well. Hilarious, really. Still, they endured. A few lesser went under. Like big news that keeps being obviously fake (if not merely controlled), it is held aloft by powerful interests. More ground was taken while foolish neutrals just buried their heads in the sand hoping it would all go away while never affecting them. These vermin are why I can't say "tranny" as a nickname for Translator (thus TRAN KNEE). Likewise on YT where it has gotten so bad it is almost impossible for regular commenters of any creed to avoid being tagged by a bot (even if not posting at all *some getting banned even for videos they don't have*). Incompetent in tandem with tyrannical. Fantastic. It was their ilk that saw alt.TUGOWU v1 and the Vet Board (Trollpwners) brought down. Weaselly ToS (no reason or any reason without notice).

>big mess
The usual. The masses are right when they uncover these things. There will be some going overboard (matching the insanity of the perpatrators who love doxxing, harassment, threats, etc.). It is like being in the DB fandom as they took swings at the now dead Toribot (unwise, by the way *hope cartels don't hunt them down for a hilarious execution video as they're made to extol how great Goku is as to know sweet release from the torment of dogs eating their genitals*). Some go overboard to match what is by far the norm of the opps. Suddenly we're all even. Both sides are wrong. Go fuck yourselves (better yet, dilate with a thorned Spyro dildo and take some hormone shit *and get cancer, because that is a thing*). OccupyWallstreet had the same problem with being co-opted. This is a common trick of theirs. Lots of rat strats (and I'm not just talking about Gokeks this time). Chutzpah, Pilpul, falseflags, oh my!

>otherwise
Threatening to bully them into submission according to their head (bragging about their means to get what they want). "Consulting". "Riiiight." - Vergil

>uggos
They do like fugly girls as much as 'diversity' (anti-white is the reality, as they can all be anything else and that counts even if it is literally just one type *since it is another case of them bastardizing terms to suit themselves). Gay shit, too. Nothing is organic about these things. It is all forced. There were times it did happen properly. But they want it all over in a culture war. That is their aim. They don't care about games, cards, comics or any of that bullshit. Just control, money, influence, etc (power). These people have no place or value. None. No industry needed them. They were inserted and pretend they have validity. That is all.

>translators
Of another sort, yes. There is no end to this tomfoolery, really. Nothing is safe. Not your searches, not your prompts...nothing. You get no 'safe space'. No escape. You will own nothing, be happy, eat the bugs and all that. They will never just let you play video games. They don't even want you to own them. Part of the charm of the digital is taking them from you if you misbehave (social credit matter). Banned? Lose all your shit, naughty slave cattle. Fall in line (or else). Take it consultation when they say to "obey".

431Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>AoT
Yeah it was me. I was meaning to leave a comment on your YT channel asking about it but got distracted by other things.

>would just go away
While I wasn’t around for the main event, I definitely was for the consequences that followed. These last few years have been pretty dire.

>bronies
As the popularity of the show was dying, they did too along with it. You don’t hear about them anymore these days.

>Gatekeeping
Hard to do when you’re not the one actually controlling the gate.

>Five
Glad to hear she went to work where it mattered most.

>It became political because it inherently is
I see, not too different from what’s happening now with SBI.

>DEI
Noted.

>They admit as much on video
The one where they explain that you have to “terrorize” publishers to get what you want?

>Too unpleasant to deal with the horrors
To be fair it’s not easy to catch up to everything that’s happening while not giving up altogether.

>taking them from you if you misbehave
Piracy comes in to save the day once again.

432Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:29 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>got distracted
Seems that happened again. Know that this exists: https://stinger.actieforum.com/t851-attack-on-titan#24716

>main event
We're getting a sequel (on schedule), so no big loss.

>don't hear about them anymore
Flash in the pan (unlike furries).

>hard to do at times
Which is why it is vital not to squander it when you do (as I have with TUGOWU affairs). These types love over-reaching (titans) for reigns of power to infect anything and everything. Always eager tyrants letting in more of their fellows and sending away opps. These illiberals are quite the jokers.

>the one
Of a few. They just keep digging that hole deeper as the C-class Journos of GAEM'N back them (aside from the infiltrators among devs as in the West). The priority isn't the consumer (they have contempt for us). Not even for the money. It is ideology. Absurd, but it is what it is. It isn't even like most of them have any interest in the field they haunt, really.

>to be fair the despair is real
HA! HA! And this is hardly more than the tip (not even the whole of what exists above water). Ultimately, this is still just vidya (in the thought police, culture war over wrongthink and such). It isn't like the times they snatch up kids to force irreversible damage (that includes cancer). Such big hearts on these brilliantly colored birds (nature's warning sign, by the way).

>flying the black sails
Holy BASED.

433Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>happened again
And it won't be the last time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE
No but seriously, this time it wasn't distraction, just had to do some things (not that it matters anyway).

>on schedule
Can't wait for GG3 in 2034.

>It is ideology
But that does bring money these days.

>force irreversible damage
Saw a couple of articles on the matter (and some less than positive statistics). Can't wait to die in the next 10 years (if I'm lucky).

>BASED
Rediscovered torrenting recently and it has been a blast. Need a VPN though.

434Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:43 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>Need a VPN though

i use Windscribe and i've had no issues

435Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:39 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

^Me? Freeballin'. Nothin', but net for decades.

Hypa: >it will happen again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=humuyC1uLnU&t=20s

>just
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4mlPxVWUk

>can't wait
Refer to my first link.

>brings money
Through government bodies (stolen from the people) and wealthy investors (ditto), yes. Not so much willing customers.

>can't wait to die from DA CAN-SAH
You ain't been taking more than fists, I hope. Those treatments are deadly in more ways than one.

>been a blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMFp7Kr0Ng&t=17s

NOTE: The topic awaits. So much to be said.

436Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:53 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

For a mgrr2, what would be your greatest wishes?

437Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:59 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

I don't think we can expect mgrr2 in a long time but let's say if both konami/PG decided to make a sequel it would be not good in terms of story writing, because kojima himself played a vital role in mgrr by being storywriter and producer for mgrr

438Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

>MGRR2 wishes
Better subweapons, less reliance on zandatsu. Also it coming with the first game.

I did a couple playthroughs of the new Contra. It's a good bit of fun but the game is also somewhat lifeless. Level and boss design is really solid and the new weapon system is neat. The different character abilities are kind of cool. The game also has a lot of options and different modes which is always great.

But the game looks like shit haha, it looks like a phone game. That, and the music is extremely bland(Contra 3 has one of the best OSTs ever). I have a couple complaints about the weapons too, like why is the machine gun so bad? And the laser and crush gun are the only two were the level 2 weapons actually do something different, every other weapon just gets a little stronger or bigger hitbox.

I see the Electric Underground made a post where he's going to review the game and trash it, because he only seems to like games nobody has ever heard of.

439Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:39 pm

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

To those who own turbo overkill

What can we expect from the multiplayer update? Asking this because I just purchased this game today on spring sale 2024

440Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

>MGRR2 wishes

I am somewhat opposite to Infinity_Divide`s opinion. I want zandatsu to take more important role. But not as "cinematic" spectacle, but as a gameplay factor. I wanna specific disembodiment to impact enemies than orignal MGR:R. And environmental change by zandatsu would be nice, too.

Plus, I want wall-run back into the game so allow it to include more vertical designs.

441Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:24 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>wall-run
It's a shame they didn't put this in, it would have been perfect since Ninja Run is already there. Also having some infinite long ranged projectile for hitstun (like shurikens in NG) wouldn't hurt and it would be a good use of the unused face button.

One aspect I was disappointed in MGR was the lack of use for Blade Mode outside combat. iirc you can only cut one bridge with enemies on it and they'll come down and that's it. Cutting parts of the stage to create some interesting scenarios would be great while also being in line with the mechanics of the game.

442Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:14 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>blade mode for environmental hazards
Will expand my thoughts on this later but I also think the same.

443Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:18 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Has anyone played these 2 boomer/arena shooters called severed steel and prodeus?

444Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:14 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

>prodeus

I played it for 3 hours, so I am not valid but It didn`t click me. It is well-made, and level designs are good enough. If you are gone from a boomer shooter for a while and want to get your muscle-memory back, This game would be a good choice.

But It does not have a distinctive feature or a vibe. It lacks a its own character, It just feels like another GZdoom mod (to me). If you are familiar with boomer shooters, I would not recommend.

445Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Well I am a boomer shooter fan for like since the day I was born lol.

>gzdoom

Well I never modded 90s doom games (nor have I played modded doom) really but I have seen on YouTube and what its capable of. So ig I should buy prodeus on next sale.

446Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:16 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

In Cvit's latest video about Dororo, he complains that the game didn't teach him how to dodge.

This guy can't be this stupid. I figured out how to dodge instantly.

447Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:13 pm

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

Is death by degrees a similar beat em up game like God hand?

448Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:30 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Outside of beating up lots of enemies, no. They play nothing alike.

449Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:03 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

DbD is pretty sick, but very much unlike God Hand. It's more a game about grabs and at times meter-management. The controls are also very, VERY weird, making a lot of attacks insanely difficult to execute.

It also is more structured like a Resident Evil game, with a few big 'hubs' with backtracking, key collection etc. Very unique game tbh.

450Chatting about games - Page 9 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:03 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:DbD is pretty sick, but very much unlike God Hand. It's more a game about grabs and at times meter-management. The controls are also very, VERY weird, making a lot of attacks insanely difficult to execute.

It also is more structured like a Resident Evil game, with a few big 'hubs' with backtracking, key collection etc. Very unique game tbh.

Coincidentally, I actually started this game yesterday. Very fucking weird lol especially the controls.

I was expecting a linear action game with killroom after killroom + hordes of enemies but it is pretty much an RE clone when it comes to level design, level progression and unlocking pathways lol that caught me off guard.

As for the combat, I think it may get better but god damn, using the right analogue stick for attacking is awkward AF.

That being said, I am enjoying the combat, the throws are really cool and the hit detection is great. After all, it is an FG spin off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum