Hyperfist/Malcar
Memes of Monsoon
correojon
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

101Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 10:44 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

I hate remakes I hate remakes, I hate remakes I hate remakes. I hate remakes: I hate remakes, I hate remakes. I. Hate. Remakes. I hate remakes I hate remakes I hate remakes I hate remakes I hate remakes.

That is all.

102Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 11:22 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Few things that caught my eye.

- the End's bird is in the trailer
- weird emphasis on snow on Snake it feels like, on the cover art
- why a fucking triangle
- who the hell are they going to get to voice him, and why remake this game of all games. It's literally the most beloved one. Remake MGS1 (again) if you have to, or just FINALLY RE-RELEASE TWIN SNAKES.

I agree with Malcar on all the rest.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

103Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 11:27 pm

mageknight14

mageknight14
D-Rank

DRAGON’S DOGMA 2 BAYBEEE WOOHOO

104Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 11:39 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

>why a fucking triangle
Because it's MGS3, get it? Because a triangle has 3 sides like the number 3 in the title, so smart. I'm going to lol if the game ends up getting called MGS Triangle, which would also make searching for OG MGS3 content easier. Notice how it has become much harder to find OG RE4 videos/discussion without seeing the remake?

>who the hell are they going to get to voice him
It's going to be
Spoiler:

105Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 24, 2023 11:50 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>Troy baker
Seriously?

106Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 am

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

Fuck, the worst has come. They're going to bastardize yet another classic for modern audience. They will give it 3rd person shooter control scheme with "realistic" movment and gun sway for extra "immersion".

>MGS Triangle
They didn't even get this one right, it's trapezoid as it doesn't have sharp angle at the top lol.

Last edited by Paul Allen's profile on Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

107Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 1:28 am

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

Presumably that master collection will be pretty straight remasters of the original games and includes MGS3, so I'm not mad about that. As long as the original is kept available in a reasonable modern form, they can knock themselves out

I agree that this constant insistence on remaking the well-aged games that only take minimal player adjustment to interface with is silly, though. We need more remakes and remasters like NieR, where they're meaningfully changing the context or addressing the flaws of games with missed potential, if anything.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/JulietStMoon

108Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 2:05 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

>suffer through an abysmal show
>watch a CGI trailer for a remake of my favorite game of all time
>realizes the dev has never done anything noteworthy
>it's called delta for some reason
>no gameplay or release window
>jumping straight to 3 because reasons
>cap it off with ports of the ORIGINAL VERSIONS of the og games

This just makes no sense to me at all. Even if it is just a stupid cash grab(which it is)...why would they remake the lowest selling game in the series? Yes, it's the fan favorite, but its lifetime sales are well below any other mainline entry in the series.

And for fuck's sake, free MGS4 from the PS3 and remaster Revengeance. It's bad enough that they're just going to do shitty ports of SoL/SE rather than the definitive versions, but they're also going to split up the releases.

109Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 3:57 am

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

Excited for MGS1-3 being finally free from the PS360 jail!

The MGS3 remake will come to PS5, XBOX & STEAM.

Meaning of the triangle in the MGS3 remake:

110Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 10:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> triangle
It's weird, as Delta is also the letter 4 in the original alphabet iirc. They didn't think that through.

> why MGS3
Though doubtful, it could be that they are remaking the series in chronological order. So after this one we'd get Peace Walker and the MSX games etc. Would be interesting. Though I HIGHLY doubt that'll happen. That'd require effort.

> remasters
I just hope vol.2 will have MGS4 and MGR:R, that'd be fantastic. But I, again, doubt they'd put in the effort. At least MGS1 comes with the VR expansion.

> voices
IGN apparently had confirmation that they are flat out reusing the original voice-tracks. Considering Hayter wants nothing to do with the series anymore, and nobody left alive knows who voiced EVA, that's probably a good thing.

> the remake
Some screenshots hit the web, it's looking like a 1-to-1 remake. Even the boxes are in the same location.

> gameplay
Just had a thought: knife parries. It's gonna happen.

111Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 1:02 pm

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

> It's weird, as Delta is also the letter 4 in the original alphabet iirc. They didn't think that through.

But that's not the common usage of the symbol in modern times, if you use delta 99% of the time you're implying change/difference, try saying otherwise in scientiphic and academic fields.

112Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 3:58 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>Remaster collection
Are the actually using SoL and SE instead of Substance and Subsistence versions? Hope they're calling them like that for recognition's sake. If we're really getting those version then it would be really Konami move.

Also HD collection was missing skateboarding mode, Snake vs. Monkey and Guy Savage. I wonder about these.

>MGS4
I'm afraid we'll sooner get a remake than remaster, not only because nowdays people gobble those up. I don't know what kind of deal went with Konami and Apple concerning their products, there might be some legal problems - I know that Kojima insisted to have them in the game.

PS3 was known for being pain in the ass for developers. Original code might be huge mess that they're not willing to toy with.

113Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 4:33 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> vol1
Product page notes that it is in fact the HD versions, so they're the same as those (except with some historical footage missing due to copyright).

> mgs4
Yeah iirc the coding is super specific for the PS3, would probably be easier to just rebuild the damn thing from scratch.

114Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 5:17 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Supposedly PSN listing confirms it is Substance and Subsistence. Would be absolute lunacy for it to be the original releases.

>voices
The information so far is very cryptic. I’ve seen articles that they’re just re-using the voices but also that Hayter is “coming back” to voice Snake.

>knife parries
Can’t wait for tranq darts to randomly not knock out guards to make things “unpredictable”.

115Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu May 25, 2023 6:03 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Delta means subraction, usually between a final state and the initial state. Does this mean that this remake will subtract everything that made the OG good? Stay tuned to find out.
On the other hand, I appreciate the remasters coming to PC, so I won't have to bother with the GOG ports and emulation. Maybe I can go more in depth this time. I always had an appreciation for MGS2 and 3 but never explored the action side of those, only fiddle with the stealth mechanics (outside of bosses obviously).

116Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 12:08 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>go in more depth this time
Your life will never be the same.

117Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 2:26 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

What action game has your favorite fodder enemy? By that I mean a regular grunt wether it be the legionaries from gow proper or draugurs from nu-gow, raptors from zoe2 or the ninjas from NG2. For me, zoe2 raptors. What a phenomenal enemy.

118Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 2:42 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>favorite fodder enemy
I might have to agree with raptors. Very dangerous on their own, they work well with the other enemy types, and you have a huge plethora of options against them. They show off the game’s combat beautifully without just being a stupid punching bag.

Actually NG2 ninjas are very similar to the raptors. If more of the game was fighting ninjas I would be happy.

Is it cheating to say Ganados in RE4? The many different varieties they come in along with how tightly they’re designed around Leon’s mobility and weapons is just perfection.

Dead Space 2’s slashers also get a special mention. Delimbs are super fucking fun, tons of fun ways to pick them apart and they’re pretty damn hostile too.

119Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 10:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

>fav fodder
Because each game is different I don't have an overall favorite, rather favorites within each game I play.

120Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 10:30 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Infinity once again preaching the gospel. Raptors, Ganados, ISninjas - all fantastic.

I'd like to add the shotgunners from DOOM and Gorgies from Vanquish - also great with a lot more depth to them. They're fun, easy to kill, but have enough to keep them interesting to the endgame.

121Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 4:44 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>fodder
Cultists from Blood deserve a mention. They're such a dirty hitscanners that they sometimes turn the game into B-horror theme Tom Clancy's game with throwing dynamite around the corners.

Ninjas from NG2 got to be my favourite. The fact that they go suicide bomber after delimb is reason enough, but they're great enemies as Infinity and Raeng mentioned.

122Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 4:52 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Honorable mention would also be raggy einherjar(male version). I’m talking about the basic bitch version, they are able to counterattack knockbacks(4 usually) with a unblockable which requires a side step to dodge, require you to stay alert due to bifrost, encourage you to also be offensive due to bifrost as well so you won’t get it. You can approach them in a lot of ways(throw axe at mask or them being weaker to digit arrows which makes elemental attacks work far better against them but they don’t force you to unlike certain other games). Only reason they are not raptor tier is mainly because they can be disposed really easy but still work well in groups. Light elf is also here and maybe even better than einherjar, able to throw a bomb which can break your flow BUT you can pick it up to throw it back at them, they have a lot of strings which can deal a good chunk of damage and stun lock BUT you can hit their mask to deal 80 percent stun damage. They are also able to block attacks by themselves without a shield but you can stop that in many ways. Really cool enemy. Imps from doom 2016 are also pretty good. Halo grunts are also pretty good with how they interact with other enemy’s especially in later titles. And they have a lot of personality in general. Doom gunners are also great with the hitstun they have.

123Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Worse for me, is easily the seior from raggy. They are quite literally a worse version of hel walkers. Not even joking. They have a TON of move assist which fucks with the camera, have no unique attacks aside from the archer who can go back to create some distance with toxic? Pretty meh move. Only thing good is the encounters with them in the toxic field, it’s a cool puzzle encounter that shows up a good chunk in the crater. Atleast hel walkers have stuff going on other than their weak ass melee(magic stuck like creating walls and ice shockwaves which as atreus you can shoot the ball thing in their hand to cancel out which launches them, dunno why they didn’t give kratos this) and can be approached in cool ways although I don’t love them too much. Even their status effect is a worse version of the helwalkers(both slow you down). They truly add nothing to the roster at all.

124Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 10:08 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

I feel like game reviews/critiques whenever they criticize something like let’s say a walky talky, they never talk about why a walky talky sucks for that certain game. Example, last of us 2 gets a lot of shit for walky talkys yet people only shit on it on that since they think it makes it a movie but that game gives you a save for all encounters, so it isn’t that big of a issue there imo. It sucks with raggy since it goes against that games structure aka semi rpg. The game wants you to replay it with new game plus and such but it doesn’t have the pacing of a game designed around that, mainly Sauk g this since whenever people complain about this this makes developers think(imo atleast) that those guys aren’t the target audience rather than critique the structure of the game if that makes sense.

125Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 11:36 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> IS ninjas
It's mostly interesting that they are such a legit threat. Like the main enemy of the mode is so insanely hostile and breaks player's will to live, you rarely see that. Usually it's that one enemy or miniboss that you have to churn through. Here is 60+ of these chads just in the first level.

They also just play interesting. They punish blocks with grabs, but they also have feints where they'll dodge away in a shower of IS as cover. They'll circle you to fuck with you and avoid grabs. They swarm you down. Such a good foe.

> Cultists
Durbentia!

> Ragnarok
Nobody cares about Ragnarok Omar, it could have all the best tech in the world and I'd still never give them a cent of my money haha

126Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri May 26, 2023 11:42 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>nobody cares about raggy
Ofc, I’m the only one in that module for a reason lol. I just have fun talking about it. As well as sharing strategies since i was there in launch unlike a lot of other action games sadly since I was doing something else. So whenever I discover something I get a weird high feeling of feeling like I found gold. Although someone probably already knew that somewhere in the world, there is like what? 8 billion people? Doubt I was the first to discover but it’s still a nice feeling due to how early I joined. Wish I was there for ninja gaiden 2, would have had a blast being in early forums and discussions tech, although I’m sure I will discover alot of cool stuff for certain enemy’s and such since I do also have that feeling for NG2.

NOTE: I definitely don’t recommend raggy just due to atreus sections. Ironwood would definitely kill you. It would also get annoying hearing atreus dialogue which makes me vomit.

>IS ninja
Giving it more thought, I guess they are technically fodder due to being the main type in higher settings aka where the game is meant to be played on. Since I’m in warrior, I didn’t encounter all that much but they were a fun challenge. They can definitely be annoying if you don’t know how to deal with them but I like to delimb them which helps.

Last edited by Omar73874928271728 on Fri May 26, 2023 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

127Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 29, 2023 11:18 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

Does anyone know about the game "Soulstice"? It looks fine but there is no information nor review from ones who like to play this kinda genre, so I`m a bit cautious.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

128Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 29, 2023 11:58 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It looks a bit "flash over substance" to me. I think Ryann played it, but not sure tbh. It kinda came and went.

129Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 29, 2023 6:12 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Question, how many here played raggy? Mainly asking since I want to know if my guides are helping people or not. Also semi plan on making content about how to deal with certain enemy’s(I’ll call it enemy analysis probably). Which is mainly inspired by some doom eternal creators.

130Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 29, 2023 7:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think you can safely say maybe two users played it. I think Firma and Zesty played it. Not sure if Firma finished it and he's not too active here.

131Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon May 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Firmament Finished it I think. Zesty ofc has and I think rayyan has(commented on one of my posts in the board).

132Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Tue May 30, 2023 4:36 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I didn`t play shinobi non grata yet, Iconoclasts praised it and uploaded his playthrough.

It looks quiet intersting, but I expect more of the next project of a creator, Grand Exile. It is a beat`em up with a slight of RPG elements(skill unlocks) and with out Z axis(See my profile picture lol). I would play shinobi non grata when it comes to switch. If it is good enough then I would also give a chance to play Grand Exile too.

And he makes a little project for a fan game for anime lycoris recoil blending elevator action series with modern movements. It also looks intersting to me.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

133Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed May 31, 2023 11:14 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Naked Jamey made a elden ring video. While I don’t hate him, I hate his humor haha. He seems like a cool guy and I respect him, but man, his humor is so forced and not at all coherent. It’s like that girlfriend review channel which I fucking despise with my heart due to the godawful humor and them not at all talking about anything about the games mechanics. I don’t hate them personally ofc, but in terms of videos I really don’t enjoy them. Half of the time it’s rather niche jokes which get rid of all the flow of the video(it’s fine to have some, but having that much would atleast require some commentary to keep that connection between you and the viewer rather than having what is equivalent to a mindless mini game that gets tried after the 50th time in a action game).

134Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:20 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Played some towerfall ascension. Decent game. A VERY unique game for sure. But a lot of the stuff was…… not as good as it should have been imo. Example, a lot of the enemy’s feel very shallow or just downright frustrating. There are some good enemy’s, mainly the skeleton warrior, flying hoody guy, bomb bats, wrenches who make traps in the arenas,ancient projectiles dudes and rolling ball guys. But alot of the enemy’s felt like they were either completely the same(the slimes, and most bat type enemy’s aside from bomb guys) or just downright frustrating(the scythe dudes have way too much tracking it is insane). The game also could use better clarity, was playing with a cousin and my god alot of the times I would lose sight of my character due to how cluttered and how much multi tasking the game requires(which I like btw). Should have an option for a player sign. Overall decent game and I have more to say about it probably but it’s a fun ride mostly(enemy variety is also pretty poor).

135Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:40 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Ok, towerfall ascension is harder than ninja gaiden 2.

136Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:46 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

>jakey
Another “content creator” who got a massive following and then just disappeared and did nothing for a year because muh mental health, and then comes back with a video saying FromSoft saved gaming. I like Souls and everything but this shit is so exhausting.

Anyone get Street Fighter?

137Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:00 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I bought SF6, just labbing around and fooling. It's a fun game, ton of content too. Currently having the most fun with Manon. You?

138Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:44 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

It’s sitting next to my front door currently, can’t play until later. Had a ton of fun in the beta as Ken.

139Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

What system you on? You can add my CapcomID (RaengRoyta). If that doesn't work, it's probably Raeng. I'm on Xbox playing with the Duke haha.

Just reached Platinum rank with Cammy, she's still great. Always liked playing as her. All the characters feel hella fun so far.

140Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I’m on PS5. Can we cross play and send invites? Or is crossplay only for random matches?

141Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:38 pm

Clopss

Clopss
D-Rank

Birdman wrote:Anyone play fighting games.

Been playing the new Melty Blood (Type Lumina) since it released! One of the top-ish EU players  right now although I don't play as actively as I used to because I'm getting back into single player stuff. The older Melty (Actress Again) was basically my entry to the genre as  well (not counting Smash). Lumina is a pretty fun game but some of the patches have been questionable and I feel the game is currently worse than it used to be. Looking forward to whatever French Bread makes next (probably UNI2) and also Project L.

Birdman wrote:I think one of the reasons I like the combat system of Chaos Legion so much is the fighting game elements like jump in attacks (attacks that don't stop the jump arc or its movement at all) and counter hits.
I love the combo optimization/revenge value system in Kingdom Hearts 2 (against humanoid bosses) because it reminds me of FGs - trying to pack as much damage as you can into an opening within a combo and hitstun system that limits you in an interesting way (I think of RVs as an analogue to hitstun/damage decay); and the distance based attacks remind me of close Slash/far Slash from Guilty Gear.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiecxzHIm5xbnargNXfg_Pg

142Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Infinity_Divide wrote:I’m on PS5. Can we cross play and send invites? Or is crossplay only for random matches?
AFAIK we can just play. You need to add eachother on CFN and then it should work. What's your CFN?

143Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:49 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

Saw the Jakey vid. He basically didn't say anything worth noting. "Fromsoft good, they make immersive worlds with good exploration and combat" for 36 minutes. The only good video he made was the Rockstar one.

144Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:37 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

@clopps
https://youtu.be/n_ZgCq_g1qk
What do you think of this video?

145Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:25 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Question, how do you find game data for game, talking about the stats and such that the game doesn’t tell you about.

146Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:29 pm

Clopss

Clopss
D-Rank

Omar73874928271728 wrote:@clopps
https://youtu.be/n_ZgCq_g1qk
What do you think of this video?

They're pretty straightforward/obvious points for a 55 min video but I agree with most of what he's criticizing. Don't know if I'd give Phantom Ganon credit to that extent though, his movesets are all overly slow with like 2 attacks each and (like the  other minibosses) he has barely any HP. Or the "Boss Bokoblin", there's nothing to make it more than another Bokoblin/Moblin/Lizalfos tier ragdoll. Shrines are indeed usually boring and/or literally non-content a lot of the time (just a chest between 2 loading screens or a tutorial), feels more like they were focused on bloating their total number than anything else.

On the point about bows: it's not just that the enemy design emphasizes them more, which he's vastly overstating, but that they were made significantly higher DPS due to arrows benefiting more than melee from fusions (because of their synergy with Gibdo Bones, which are impractical on melee weapons as they break after 1 hit) + fusions applying to every shot of a 5X bow, while melee lost some of its biggest advantages (Urbosa's Fury, 2H spin double hitting Lynels, Master Sword being relatively stronger, bosses no longer being fodder for Flurry Rush, etc).

It's also much more impractical to use melee weapons at their peak damage in TotK: Royal Guard series only activates double damage when they're about to break which makes them basically unusable for anything but mounted Lynel hits (which don't consume durability), Lightscale Trident and Zora weapons in general require you to refresh Sidon's ability which is annoying and inconsistent due to the AI (unless I'm missing a better way of maintaining the water status), Gerudo weapons are low durability, and Knight weapons require you to stay at 1 heart (not a big deal in a game this easy but still a disadvantage bows don't have, and annoying to set up the more hearts you have). It's also a lot more tedious to savescum/reroll for the best melee passive bonus (Attack Up +10) compared to rerolling a bow for Five Shot (there are several non-Attack Up bonuses you can get instead and even when you manage to roll Attack Up it can be any number between 5 and 10).
The balance between the melee weapon types & bows in BotW was fine so I have no idea why they made it so much worse here. Video also doesn't touch on the hilariously bad unarmed move they added (it's easy to miss though).

I'm not done with my 1st playthrough of the game yet despite starting early May as it's so exhaustingly grindy for an optimization minded player (I'm constantly teleporting back to Rock Octorocks to keep weapons and savescumming for good weapon bonuses etc). But yeah, it's kinda mindboggling that a 6 year in dev "sequel" barely adds anything new and is actually worse than its predecessor in several ways.

147Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:49 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>unarmed
Is it a gow 2018 barehanded style when no weapons are equipped? Not sure if they did this, but if that’s the case could be cool if they take the gow ascension route with barehanded and make it so that if you use it, it unarms enemy weapons which you can use against them. Would really help the durability problem as well. Although it could start to be 1 note in the sense of:”ok, my weapon is almost about to break I will use it a bit more in this encounter until it breaks then use unarmed for new weapon” which is cool initially but I can see getting pretty relative and 1 note.

>makes simple points
Really did feel like that yeah. He is very obviously a Joseph Anderson wannabe(if his chapters and titles and simping of videos and complaints and mentions of dark souls ain’t obvious). I also feel like his critiques are very shallow tbh, like example: “loW eNeMY varIeTy” which he kept repeating and got tedious and predictable, I’m sure it’s an issue but he should have delved more into the design since imo, if you have a well designed roster the variety isn’t as important imo, it will just come down to encounter variety which I’m not sure how it works in Zelda. Pretty sure you said it was lacking in that department, which is sad. Also seems like they didn’t fix menuing, which is sad. And I’m not against his idea for copying dark souls, although I would atleast try to put a spin on it imo.

>Lynels
Always heard great things about them as an enemy type. I do remedying thinking it was cool the different variants have different behaviors instead of being the exact same enemy type. Also the mounting sounds cool.

>melee impractical
So the game is just arrows, the game? May try it to be honest just to see the balance. And to give my own take on it.

148Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:56 pm

JulietStMoon

JulietStMoon
D-Rank

nepu47 wrote:Does anyone know about the game "Soulstice"? It looks fine but there is no information nor review from ones who like to play this kinda genre, so I`m a bit cautious.
There's a demo at least on Steam, though I think it may be based on the early access version. Played the demo myself and honestly it felt real sloppy so I didn't buy the game. It felt like there was a lot of thoughtless copying from NieR (camera angles that randomly pan to a top-down perspective, etc) without ever considering what implications those things have on the combat. I didn't really lab it or anything beyond the one playthrough though.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/JulietStMoon

149Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:40 pm

Clopss

Clopss
D-Rank

Omar73874928271728 wrote:>unarmed
Is it a gow 2018 barehanded style when no weapons are equipped?
It's just one attack they added: really mediocre hitbox/AoE (probably worse than basic 1H sword hits) with like a full second of startup (can be charged longer to hit further away) plus bad damage (not sure if charging increases it).
Here's a clip of it being used on Silver (the highest tier of recolor) mobs, and this is with freeze shattering (which is like a 3X attack buff if it's the same as in BotW) and max standard attack buff armor (1.5x): https://files.catbox.moe/e4f36e.mp4
The damage is so low you barely see the HP bars move. Initially I didn't plan to use freeze but I was struggling to actually hit enemies with it without getting interrupted because it's so slow. Not even worth the time it takes to unlock tbh.

it will just come down to encounter variety which I’m not sure how it works in Zelda
Other than minibosses/Lynels/Floormasters which are all encountered alone, you basically just have Bokoblin camps and Construct camps which are essentially all the same thing (groups of a few Bokoblins/Moblins/Horriblins/Lizalfos, or Construct enemies, which might as well all be the same enemy). Usually one/two carrying a bow (which get a big bonus modifier for arrow'ing them so they die in 1 hit), sometimes an armored variant (these should have been more common). Blizzard Rod is a win button against almost any group of mobs in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmxetnZ9r0

There are also some combat shrines that strip you of all your equipment and limit the available resources (like Eventide Island in BotW) but they're honestly pretty bad - you only see the same few 1-2 construct enemies and they're pretty lenient in terms of resource management. Found BotW's better. The underground area also introduces coliseum/arena fights which can be done once per blood moon, but other than the Lynel arena (where you fight 5 individual Lynels in a row) haven't found any worth mentioning, they seem to just be variants of the above mob camps.

Enemies need some level of status resistance if they want to make the enemy camps less of a joke. Seeing as they won't let you repair Rods, could just make them infinite durability but introduce a Magic Meter to limit their use (like Zelda had been doing for decades already...). Mix in more enemies and more armored variants with the usual mobs (and make armor more significant), and add "mid-tier" enemies that are a bigger threat than the usual Bokoblins but not as strong as Lynels and throw those into the groups (Floormasters almost fill this niche but they're only encountered alone from what I've seen).
All of the minibosses besides Gleeoks need to be significantly improved as well, and more Lynel-tier enemies would be welcome  - can't believe there's no Darknuts in a game where enemies carry & drop swords/shields as a common mechanic.

Always heard great things about them as an enemy type
Yeah they're pretty good, better in BotW as there's Gold variants (will probably be added to TotK as DLC eventually), your numbers aren't as inflated and there's no AI party member giving you free headshots. If I could improve them I'd make them immune to being stunned from headshots during attacks and add a minimum amount of time between each stun you can get on them (so they're harder to blitz endgame).
the different variants have different behaviors
The weapons they carry can vary and depending on weapon certain attacks can be different (for example you're more likely to hit just holding your shield up or during Flurry Rush startup against the 2H-sword Lynels as those obviously have the biggest hitboxes).
mounting
Yeah it's neat, and I think the only case of an enemy specific attack in the game. You get a (somewhat) brief opening to mount after stunning them with a headshot, or by sneaking up behind them from the air (can only be done once per fight), and mounted hits don't consume durability as a bonus.

So the game is just arrows
It's pretty close lol with how extremely they were buffed, other than a Royal Guard's Claymore close to breaking (which is only practical for mounted Lynel hits) melee just can't keep up in terms of damage per hit, and bows are usually much safer/easier to spam owed to their range and bullet time. Devs probably thought they were "balanced" by the tedium of having to farm materials to fuse every time you shoot an arrow (whereas melee is just one flat fusion until it breaks) for extremely high damage but with enough patience you can easily stock up on hundreds of Gibdo Bones, Bomb Flowers etc and the item dupe glitch cuts down on farming time significantly.

150Chatting about games - Page 3 Empty Re: Chatting about games Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:49 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Summer game fest ends in yet another stunning failure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum