GodModeGOD
TheFirmament1
Nadster
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Bayonetta general discussion Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users

So I beat infinite climax for bayo1 recently, wasn't very hard or fun. Same enemy placements as hard with more damage but munis witch time, which is a core mechanic and the real game changing incenstive for dodging well. With It's removal I find it hard to call infinite climax the 'true' experience for bayo.

I'm not the biggest fan of bayo, I'm decent enough to beat it with little tribulations, I'm no good at long combo inputs but I can remember some off by heart haha. I want to unlock sai fung, hiding it behind beating 100 chapters is a massive dick move, god I'll have to do it again when I get a pc oh blimey.

What do you think of bayo bosses? The cardinal virtues are fun for the spectacle but less so for challenge they all a bit samey compared to dmc1 which had entirely unique bosses that still hold up to this day and have little tricks to them. I don't like jubaleus she is pretty boring boss. I don't like how you hit her wings its a very indirect fight I don't like the design of it at all it's all a background boss with annoying attacks, reminds me too much of dmc4 saviour boss.

Jeanne and balder are the most interesting and challenging bosses, they have a variety of well telegraphed attacks and have a nice sense of back n forth.

2Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

You need to remember every combo. Just learn the good ones and when to offset and such, which weaves you want, etc.

I also had trouble remembering the strings. Same with TF:D, so I tested them all one by one and wrote done the useful ones.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

3Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I remember plenty by now I'm not good at remembering long inputs and numbers at all. I prefer the move sets of god hand and dmc they make sense to me due to an emphasis on individual moves rather than long lists of set combo strings. Dodge offset is baffling too but I still manage to do combos without it mostly. I'm not interested in getting any better at bayo I'm fine as is.

4Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:04 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Bayo has a ton of individual moves.

Why put a limit on yourself?

5Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I'm simply not good at remembering long sequences and the game doesn't interest me enough to get any better.The only phone number I can remember is my own and that took years as I've only ever had one phone number. It's how my mind functions.
I don't need to remember all those combos inputs to have fun and I'm not going to bother learning them all it's a gradual process that I'm not going to force. I don't strive for perfection I'm fine being where I am and improving a slight amount each time happens naturally due to increased experience. It's more down to habit than anything, you are what you repeatedly do type of deal.

We all do in fact have physical limits no matter what, if it's psychological it's simultaneously biological as the brain and body exit. Mental/physical health is real.
You would have to analyse my brain/body to really find out why I'm not good at remembering long sequences, I'm pretty sure that I have problems with getting short term memory into long term.

I simply prefer some games more than others like anyone does, preference is all pretty arbitrary if it think about it long enough. Ultimately I play games for fun, I find some games more fun than others. It goes beyond my capacity to comprehend and explain it.
I play what I like that's about it. I wouldn't be playing bayo if I didn't like it, because I do. :p

6Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Fair enough, except you don't need to remember all those strings. They are mostly not useful. You want to learn a few good ones and offset into them, or hell, not even finish them and use individual moves. It's not much different than DMC really.

Why do you say dodge offset is baffling?

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

7Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I agree. Light-heavy-light string is pretty overpowered.
Dodge offset I find executing it awkward is all, holding down a button plus remembering strings confuses me a bit. Taunt offset is easier since I don't have to hold a button haha.
I'm fine with bayo really I go about it like you said, it helps a lot that most combos are same for each weapon. I'm most familiar with shuraba/onyx rose for feet, I was using that and durga hands/feet or durga hands and odette. I'm sure next time I will unlock sai fung.

8Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

A lot of the combos and moves are very situational, but the amount of moves is ... actually pretty small - it just seems like a lot. But most are just variations of other moves, like you have PPK, or PPK(hold) which is a launcher. Once you see that pattern a lot of double combos are filtered out of your brain. The biggest thing you need to learn with these types of games is to get into the 'flow', turn off your brain and use what comes to mind. Once your mind is in that state the only thing you should be worrying about is dodging. This is the same for titles like DMC. I barely know the combos by heart in any game but just play 'with the flow', if something doesn't work or a combo breaks I just go on and keep on going - play with improvisation and try new and exciting things. That's what the combat is about here.

About dodge-offset, it took a long time for me to get used to it too. But once it clicks it's really easy and can become second nature pretty fast.

On the topic of Witch Time, I liked the way it was in 1 more than 2. In 1 the game wasn't designed around it, all enemies had to be beatable without it since you didn't have it on the highest setting. In 2 this isn't the case, which resulted in a lot of enemies being un-comboable or just unhittable outside of Witch Time which made for very boring combat at times.

That said the first Bayonetta never clicked with me. Both the drab art-style, lack of weapon variation (most being just the same weapon with a different skin or small technical difference) and weird music never hit home with me. Though I dislike the emphasis on Witch Time the sequel clicked a lot better with me.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

9Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:44 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Just got 1 and 2 on Wii U!

10Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Wow, nice! First time playing?

11Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Yep.

12Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Damn, let us know how you like them! They are pretty different, but very fun titles imo.

13Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Ok, it took me long enough to play the prologue since there other games that I was playing. I liked it. Although, I really expected it to be a hack and slash like DMC.

14Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It is a tad different for sure. What made it so different than DMC in your eyes?

15Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Well, I completed the first chapter today. Then I played DMC3 for a bit. I can only think of two things that made it different. Bayonetta is a Beat em up game while Devil May Cry 3 is a Hack and Slash. I expected the stylish action, but I didn't think that Bayonetta would be a Beat em up. Not to mention that hot it plays the same and different at the same time.

Bayonetta has a lot of individual combos but maybe it has to do with my timing. Instead of a stylish meter, it has a combo meter. Hopefully, I hope to be wrong but unlike the DMC series, I think that Bayonetta has no "Devil Trigger". Instead we have Witch Time. We can also pick up enemy weapons in Bayonetta. I think I could explain more but I think my brain is at its limit right now.

16Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Bayonetta1 doesn't have a Devil Trigger, instead you have magic-meter that you can use for a varying amount of abilities, trinkets and such. Bayonetta 2 does have DT, but it's a bit uninspired imo.

17Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Figures. So why do you think it is uninspired?

18Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Because it doesn't really do anything other than increase damage-values and range on some moves. I liked how Devil Trigger in DMC3 had differing abilities depending on the weapon wielded upon activation, DMC4's DT at least had distortion to make it interesting. MGR:R's gives you free cutting and some meter-tools to play with. This is just..eh.

Note that Witch Time in Bayonetta 1 is just a handholding tool for new players, it is removed on higher difficulties.

19Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:42 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Yeah, I thought that Witch Time was just there to make things easier. I don't think that it is a bad thing though. It can cut the fights short.

20Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:47 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Just got this game, and finished mission 2.

That last QTE was complete bullshit.

21Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think I know which one you're talking about, some of the QTE's in this game really started the conversation wheither or not this trend had to die yes or no.

22Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:14 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Never got around to watching Kamiya's playthrough (in full). Had rotten luck with Bayo 1 (and was on the fence about playing Bayo 2 even if I had the system to play it *then there is the state of Bayo 3 to consider with questions about it even happening*). Loved it, but each time I got 100% (ready to move on to ranks *just to do that for once* before challenges *my true desire*) something would happen. I lost three files. Three times I had to start over. This was the first title I knew of that put some copyright shit on them, too (one of those times was me getting everything set up for Oni so he could just enjoy the game in his freetime when not suffering with college). Still regret not getting to do NUR and other runs to really learn the system (and not give a damn about 'style' or rank). Frankly, I did even less with the DMC title I played the most (by far), which was DMC3. Really wish I had been more serious with it back when I was playing that series (at least do NUR).

23Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:43 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If you want, the entire run is also in text with images thanks to MikeKob's thirst for a female player.

24Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:53 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>Mikey
I'm good. I'll just have to make time some day. Not like I need to evaluation or give detailed comments to it, so I should just set time aside and go through it.

25Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:52 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Decided to jump back into this game, and Jesus Christ, the amount of QTEs in this game are fucking insane. Like, this is infinitely beyond God of War level. My thumb genuinely hurts now.

I really don't know if I want to continue playing this game. I knew that the QTEs were bad, but I didn't anticipate it would be this bad. The combat's pretty good, but I don't think it's worth wrecking my thumb in the process. It just doesn't let up.

Also, I don't think this game really realized what made God of War's crazy spectacular fights work: Because you could generally keep track of Kratos at all times, while having your eye on the action, thanks to the fixed camera. Whereas in this game? Can't say that it's as easy to keep track of both.

26Bayonetta general discussion  Empty bewitched Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Playing it again, reading these thoughts, I cup my metal chin and wonder.

- If the swagger of an unbarred female as a combat protagonist is at least mildly daunting and simply off-putting to some players who are more attracted to the KillKillKill male murderes of similar games.

- If some will progress from Bayonetta, who is merely the entry point, to Jeanne, who is more demanding and further more enticing to fight with. Loose the training wheels aka Witch Time, you're a big boy now.

- If I am alone in the assessment that the perfectly optional parry tech in Bayo is deeply more satisfying then the mandatory equivalent in MGR?

- That there really is no weird music in the game.

27Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Regarding the parry, on the surface perhaps, but it lacks a lot of the details Rising got right. Aside from Rising’s foes obviously being built around the mechanic, i.e. with parry-wars and most enemies having moves that play around with it through grabs or in Sam’s DLC case, enemies that cross you up, there are other things to consider.

Bayonetta’s parry is just that, a parry. Metal Gear Rising is a lot of things. Its parry can be canceled into a dodge, and a dodge into a parry. And both can be canceled with Blade Mode. What you get as a result is a very ‘mobile’ play style, something that other games with a parry mechanics don’t really have outside of perhaps DMC - and even there Dante cannot cancel a trickster-dodge mid animation into a RG block, or the RGblock animation with a trickster-dodge.

So yeah, I think Metal Gear Rising still has the better parry, if only because of what you can actually do with it outside of just parrying.

About Jeanne, I never really dove into her outside the basics (NSIC), but you never rely on WT anyway in this game outside of the basic difficulty modes, and I tended to use Accessories that replaced it with other neat things which was pretty fun.

28Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:58 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

I'm always thinking of picking up the game again, but remembering the insane amounts of QTEs that tired out my thumb puts me off.

29Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:55 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I do feel people overexaggerate the QTE's. There is one big one that's flawed, the rest are just minor mashes for more halos or a rare other QTE. I agree they should be removed, but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be imo.

30Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I recall not bothering with the regular torture attacks most of the time. I did when I first started but got tired of them quickly. I don't find them cool like I do with MGR's. You can avoid those too.

31Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just got the whip whose name I can't remember how to spell and the claws.

Love the whip and setting bombs. Pretty much all I used on my old save. Sucks having to start over.

>QTEs
For regular enemies, some are pretty short, but I still hate the mashing. They should happen instantly.

For bosses, those are just trash because you don't have a choice. I don't mind some like the missile throw with Jeanne because it looks cool but the giant bosses suck.

32Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:21 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Saw an update for the PS4 version a day ago I think.

33Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Just started this on Cemu to experience the Nintendo content. Sometime ago I heard certain versions have audio problems. The 360 version on Xbox One X/Series X should be the best one or am I wrong?

Chapter 14 finished.
I'm finding this game very hard to like. Bayonetta is a fun and deep character to play, enemies are more interesting than average ones in other competitors (DMC4, I summon you), but too many set pieces kill the pacing. Too many QTEs, too many platforming/escape/shmup/arcade sections and horrible environmental bosses.

34Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Rare video of UnderTheMayo playing Bayonetta

35Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:48 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

" why should i use any other attack"?

36Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:01 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

blaming the player rather than the developer is clearly victim blaming. i mean think about it, how could it be anyone's fault other than the developer when an insane dumb idiot mongoloid freely chooses to play a game in a boring way and then complains about what they're doing and then attempts to put the blame on other people? what a victim. so please you guys, stop making jokes about these absolute fucking retards who act silly and say silly shit. it's bullying is what it is.

37Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:13 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

Is there anyone who played Bayonetta : Origins? Most of platinum fans / clover studio fans refered ookami, but I didn`t play ookami too...

So How about this game? Anyone having a plan to go through this one?

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

38Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Haven't played it, but heard surprisingly good things. I think @Setnaro X played it, maybe he can weigh in on things.

39Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Most of platinum fans / clover studio fans refered ookami
They're comparing it to Okami?

40Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

> comparing to Okami
At least, in my country(South korea), Yes.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

41Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:45 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What aspects are they comparing?

Sounds like another Twilight Princess where people were comparing it to Okami because you could play as a wolf and dig for items.

42Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:58 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Watched some gameplay.

The demon can pull stuff with its tongue and move lilypads with its water beam.

They must be trying to compare with Okami's vine (which pulls YOU towards a flying flower) and using Galestorm to move lilypads.

So yeah it's another TP scenario of severe mechanical blindness. Ah well, we know most gamers only take in the surface level.

The game looks terrible.

43Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

That aside, how's TP? I've heard some good things about it.

44Bayonetta general discussion  Empty Re: Bayonetta general discussion Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:46 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Am at chapter 5 currently. The 2 new enemy’s untroduced(technically one but they function like twins) are fun. Kick your ass if you don’t respect them. The last chapter was trash(trash boss who was a bullet sponge and was predictable and had an easy as fuck gimmick and only 3 attacks). Chapter 3 was fun with how it introduced the concept of fire angels who require witch time, but can be took out in other ways(environmental cars, their own weapons and torture attacks).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum