You are not connected. Please login or register

Ace Combat series

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Game is seriously great so far. Slowly getting better at taking good shots and positioning. The machine gun got ignored for the first few missions but I’ve been balancing between it and other weapons for drones and that seems like the way to go.

I slowed down a snail’s pace to fire at ground units in mission 6 so my plane stalled and I crashed. Learned my lesson haha.

The music is excellent too. Not like that really came as a surprise given what series this is, but I’m very happy with it.

Sent from Topic'it App

52Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I need to learn how to do the post stall stuff, and get better at moving the camera to keep track of fast opponents.

53Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ok, I can't beat mission 10 no matter what.

I watched Ace Combat Fan fight the drone and even he had no idea what it was doing. I can't land a single hit on it. He seemed to beat it by accident.

The first part of the mission is protected a transport and it sucks. I still have the same issue with jets where I can't land any hits and they always seem to be right next to me. Getting out and making some distance and coming back may or may not work. I feel like every hit I get is totally random.

Where's Lemmy when you need him???

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

54Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

For that fight in mission 10, I waited for it to fly up and then come towards me. When it was approaching, I used the machine gun, and then waited until the last second to fire a missile. Firing it any sooner would just miss. I kind of felt like I didn’t know what I was doing either, but the rest of that mission was worse I thought. I just flew around randomly looking for stuff to shoot at, hoping I’d find them before I failed the mission.

When fighting other jets, I just look at what direction they’re facing and go based on that. If they’re coming towards me I use missiles or my special weapons. If they get too close I wait for them to pass, get some space, and turn around. If they’re flying perpendicular to me I usually just try to get some hits in with the machine gun, but by the time I get to that range they seem to be going too fast. Sometimes I’ll get some space behind them and get to follow them.

I’m assuming you know this, but holding triangle will focus on the camera on your target. Completely forgot about this until a couple missions ago.

Mission 11 is giving me some trouble now. I don’t know if there’s a good weapon for destroying the platforms or not.

Sent from Topic'it App

55Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Strangely enough, this game makes my Pro sound like a jet. I get the volume set during menus and cutscenes, but I have to crank it up once the mission starts because my console drowns out the game. Kind of amusing.

Sent from Topic'it App

56Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

57Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

What you said is pretty much what I did. Firing the machine gun during a high G turn helps with accuracy I’ve noticed. If an enemy is flying at certain angles I won’t even attempt to hit them, I’ll just re-position.

On mission 17 now, almost done. I’ll be curious to see how hard mode is handled.

58Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm kinda awful at these air to surface type stages.

Played a bit of multiplayer and battle royale is so chaotic. You got all these jets clustered together, missiles firing in every direction. Not a second went by where I didn't have 3 missiles on me. You're done if 3 others or more decide to target you at the same time. I tend to just focus on one name and chase them the entire round.

I think everyone had better jets than me though. I've barely progressed halfway through the skill tree but I'm aiming for one of the top planes.

MP seems to give quite a bit of points though, even if you lose. There are also multiplayer and campaign only parts.

59Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I get very greedy during the missions with a lot of surface units. On mission 15 I stalled out and crashed four times because I couldn’t settle to just destroy a couple units at a time.

Probably won’t bother with the multiplayer. That doesn’t sound like something I could do. Aside from Soul Calibur 6 I haven’t played mp in a game in a really long time. Just can’t get in to it like I used to.

Sent from Topic'it App

60Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Battle Royale is Missile Dodge Simulator: The Game (High-G Turn Edition).

Some of the special missiles are insanely OP, but you can join rooms that have them disabled.

61Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:33 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

I downloaded AC5 with the code off my receipt, I’m going to try it out after I beat this one.

62Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Note that Lemmy is making videos:

Might help you guys out! How is the AC5 remake?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

63Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Oh, I got the Ace in his video by accident. I only recently learned that they can appear when certain conditions are met, but back then I thought it was just part of the level.

64Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:46 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Nice, thanks for the link.

>AC5
Haven’t tried it yet, unfortunately. I’ve been swamped the last couple days.

65Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:59 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've redeemed the code but haven't downloaded it yet. Won't touch it until I'm done with AC7, if at all. Too many games as it is.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

66Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:55 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Beat the game finally. Really liked it overall, I’m going to play through again before I give some in-depth criticisms. The game seems to have sold well, so that’s great news.

67Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:43 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I need to get back to this but MHW events are taking up most of my game time.

68Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Playing a little multiplayer now that I have a better plane but can't win all.

I've had some small success with the rail gun but I'm usually dead before I get the chance to do anything.

69Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:44 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

How is the multiplayer?

70Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:02 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Feels pretty awful, at least in battle royale.

If you get multiple players targeting you all at once you're dead. There's a special missile that follows you more than others and even gets me in high G turns. I don't understand this. Is there a way around it? Who knows? I've posted asking for help on the boards so we'll see.

The reason I'm using the rail gun is because they can't detect if you're aiming it at them, just like the machine gun. It fires this shot that is so fast it can't be seen and has insane range. Kills them in one shot too.

I've been hit by it constantly. There's no way to know unless you've been shot down and know the username of the plane that has it.

Trouble is you have to aim it yourself, but it's not too bad. I fired some missiles at a player and when they high G turned, I aimed a little ahead of them and got them. Very satisfying, but sadly I haven't got any more kills and come last constantly.

Limitations can be set on rooms, like no special weapons, but I find those kinda worse in a way because you just get the endless circling. I'm starting to get the feeling everyone is just firing and hoping they hit someone, though that won't always be the case like that with that setup I described above.

There's team deathmatch which is better because not everyone is out to get you.

71Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:10 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Dropping this and will check back when the season pass comes out. Maybe they'll add co-op missions. Multiplayer is currently AWFUL.

72Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I wonder what Lemmy is up to! Why don't you like the multiplayer? Hackers? Or same reason as what you mentioned in the post above?

73Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Pretty much.

It just isn't designed for it I feel. 

When I equipped those QAAM missile I was destroying people but only because they didn't know how to play.

Against good players they dodge everything but so do I. We end up circling like idiots.

The rest seems to be no more than blindsiding each other when we're busy.

Then you have all the plane decorations that would be impossible without boosting. Can't be bothered. I don't see any room to improve and there aren't enough tactics to keep the gameplay interesting.

74Ace Combat series - Page 2 Empty Re: Ace Combat series Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I sold this not long after my last post here. Haven't looked into any updates or the season pass but there would have to have drastic changes to get me playing again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum