Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I would swear there was a topic about this game in the past with user @Lemmy, but I couldn't find it anymore. Anyone have any experience with this title? Saw it for cheap and might pick it up in the future.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Might have been in this topic.
https://stinger.actieforum.com/t309-ace-combat-series?highlight=Ace+combat

We discussed it a little in the introduction topic too I think.

AC7 was my first AC game. The gameplay is a mix of arcadey and kind of realistic. I liked it at first but got sick of it once I realized how it worked. Normal enemies won't be able to dodge anything you throw at them, but bosses will and there doesn't seem to be any reason behind it. That or they'll just have this point where they stop all their crazy moves and just travel in a straight line then you missile them for free.

For this reason I found the more chaotic fights with tons of enemies to be best because shit's flying everywhere.

Multiplayer was awful. You end up just circling other players trying to get a lock but you can just high G turn. There didn't seem to be any real strategy other than hoping the other guy messes up.

Some of the upgraded jets and missiles are crazy. There's this one that follows you even after dodging. It actually turns and comes back. I got destroyed in MP by 4 players firing tons of these at me at once. Couldn't dodge because the other would hit me during it or wear down my meter.

Overall I like the flying and shooting mechanics. Feels fun to play for a while but the above issues made me quit.

I won't rule out there being something I don't know about the system, but I asked around online and found the community pretty hostile to any form of criticism.

3Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Huh, that's weird. Guess I have to search for the full title. Tried searching for "Ace" and it showed nothing. Cheers for the link! Going to give it a go perhaps if Dawn of War bores me.

> hostile community
Damn, again? Where did you find them? I remember Lemmy noting it was a pretty fun community of sorts.

4Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:24 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Gamefaqs. Where else?

Not all of them but there were definitely some dicks. I tried discussing mechanics and a few got quite defensive.

I feel they need to change something in the mechanics to avoid just chasing each other's tails.

5Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:55 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got this back for $3. My save file is gone. Started a new one.

Looks like all the DLC is out now. Lots of jets and a few extra missions with bosses. I heard they're good.

6Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Let us know how it is upon a revisit, I almost picked this game up a while back when it was on sale but didn't in favour of my classic standby's.

7Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Liking it better than the first time.

Still trying to figure out how to hit some of these enemies. I'm sure they all have a pattern or rule. It can be hard to observe when you're flying upside down and zipping all over the place.

Like I was fighting this squad of super guys and couldn't touch them. Seemed they could auto dodge everything and could move and turn at speeds you can't.

Tried flying away then coming straight at them and found they'd do the same while firing missiles. I fired two back then veered off. Killed all of them like this. One after the other.

There's a lot of gameplay. Highest ranks, tons of planes and parts to buy, difficulties. There's an achievement for machine gun only. There are hidden ace pilots in each stage. Lots to do.

8Ace Combat 7 Empty Re: Ace Combat 7 Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Back to not wanting to play again.

Multiplayer once again completely put me off. Takes way too long to upgrade and impossible to score any points. You get a little just from competing and I just left the room and let people shoot me down. Each match is like 5 mins. Getting nowhere.

Campaign has way too many stages with fucking awful conditions not even remotely fun.

Still no co-op. Why?

Probably won't bother with this again. I like the mechanics to a degree and will keep my eye on the next game in the hope that they change something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum