You are not connected. Please login or register

Resident Evil 2 Remake

+2
Royta/Raeng
Shane
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

151Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/78304727

I started out trolling a bit but the guy clearly has no idea what I’m saying. I can’t bother to argue with casuals anymore, it’s an absolutely pointless effort.

152Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

"The topic you selected is no longer available for viewing."

Well, that says enough haha!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

153Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

RE7 did the hide&seek pretty well. You can 'hide' in all sorts of places, as long as you aren't in line of sight. Really feels like old CT or Haunting Ground, just in smaller areas.

Though I know at this point everyone is tired of this type of gameplay thanks to shitty indie horror saturation but I never went through those. I'm straight from Haunting Ground/Siren on PS2 so I'm still happy when I see good hiding and chase mechanics.

154Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:25 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I am just in a survival horror mood so I grabbed this finally.

I really like that zombies react to shots well, even if they are tanks. Ammo is much more limited, in Leon A PSX you could have a shot gun and 100 handgun bullets when you first entered RPD.
That being said they cut out all of the outside areas from the beginning so you no longer have to get past those packed early areas.

Like the inventory improvements from RE7, pausing time, and the knife on LB is great.
Very fast and satisfying RE4 style animation.

I like the map letting you know if an area is cleared, much better than the see through walls items in RE7.

The classic music is a must imo. I tried with and without and there is almost no tension or creepiness with the normal ambient drones. The old stuff sounds so weird and horrifying.

How does the RE engine run at 60 fps on consoles and looks better than most other engines out there? Are capcom wizards? MT framework was my favorite engine on 360/PS3, and I am loving what I have seen from RE engine.

155Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Capcom really are wizards with their engines, though I do feel it isn't an engine that fits them in terms of aesthetics. Everything looks strangely lifeless and apparently it takes a lot of time and money to do clothing well due to the scanning technology involved. Focusing on realism feels like doing their colorful franchises, even RE, a disservice.

(You can't please anyone these days haha, sorry).

> music
Absolutely agreed on this, once I bought that (sad that its DLC) I never went back.

> ammo and zombies
It's a fun game for a few runs but it soon devolves into an rng 'shoot to stagger and run past' fest, without any real fight-or-flight choices that the series was known for.

While I overall liked the game, it was also a bit of a disappointment for me honestly. Not nearly of the quality that REmake was all those years ago. The B-scenarios being half-assed also didn't really help matters I feel. Same with enemies being low in variety and combat generally being a step back.

156Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:58 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I wish you could just run past zombies with ease like the OG titles. I am really only planning a normal runs of each character and then being done, I still think the PSX title is better and I would rather devote time to learning that.

The most impressive thing about the engine is just how good the textures look. The beard on the trucker at the beginning is insanely detailed. As far as animations zombies flop and shamble around great, but lickers look a bit jank when shot gunning them. This game overall looks much worse than RE7, but that is probably a budget thing.

157Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Not being able to juke zombies is an absolute sin, their homing grab is way too fast and covers too much ground to dodge it consistently unless it’s certain spawns and you already have a bit of distance. It’s even worse in RE3R where every enemy attacks at the speed of light to shill the stupid dodge.

158Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I didn't know Mr. X would be on the A scenarios here, he really spooked the shit out of me at the helicopter. I saved in the main hall and apparently he was right next to me and it saved his place.
How can I shake this guy? Is there an easy way to make him eff off?

159Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Throw a flash and run away is generally the best way. You can technically 'kill' him, which knocks him over for about 1 minute. He teleports though so best to just run away. Making noise attracts him more like loudly opening doors.

160Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

There’s not a whole lot to do aside from flashes and grenades. Your guns basically just poke him so best to keep running, if he’s close you can bait out his haymaker.

161Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Not a big fan of him being an omnipresent teleporting god. Debating the mod that removes him lol
It really doesn't sound like he adds anything positive. I am not a big fan of these mechanics in general, but with Ruvik you could at least hide or just save scum your way around him.

Edit: After seeing how he teleports and arbitrarily can't enter certain rooms, I decided just to mod him out.
I think he is just so poorly implemented here. I can see why mainstream liked him though. Am I mistaken that original RE2 MR. X could not only be killed to clear an area, but also had drops? Would have much preferred that approach here.

162Resident Evil 2 Remake - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah he was one of the biggest complaints we had as the original version of him (and Nemesis) had a 'fight or flight' to him. You could run, but he would chase you and probably damage you. Or you could stay and fight, which cost time, but gave you unique items.

This version is just 'run'. He does nothing. The only mechanical interesting thing about him is that he can push zombies away for you and that he can technically glitch out (rarely) and clone himself, making two appear. He's fun for first time runners that are just there for the 'experience'. But on subsequent runs he's aweful. Doesn't help that he's also strangely limited. He has very hard modifiers on when he'll spawn or start roaming for example and there are a ton of rooms he cannot enter, meaning you can technically circumvent him the entire playthrough if you have the know how.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum