You are not connected. Please login or register

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am

What a time to be alive!

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

2 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 am

Dude it looks SO GOOD!!! Capcom won E3 this year as far as I'm concerned. They're slowly returning to Capgod status with these games! Hopefully there will be some fixed camera goodness somewhere in there, but if not, the game looks fucking incredible. What an amazing E3! We still haven't gotten to Nintendo yet!

EDIT: Forgot to say, but Leon looks so damn good in this game! Best looking character on the RE Engine for sure.

View user profile

3 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am

If the leak is correct, you can choose from the beginning if you want to play "RE4 style" or "Classic style", with the game adapting its leveldesign and enemy encounters a bit to the setting. If that's the case, I will jump through the roof. It looks insanely good. I feel like a kid again that picked up GameQuest magazine at the store and was amazed by RE4 screenshots.

Love the redesigned Mister X too, curious if we'll get a A&B campaign setup, or if Claire will be DLC? Trailer really seems focused on Leon.

If I had to nitpick, it is that it isn't Paul Mercier as Leon. But the new guy, and look, works well too. And it was great to see the cops again, so many references! God I cannot wait!

4 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 am

Birdman

They better not sell campaigns as DLC or be episodic. RE6 managed just fine with how many campaigns?

View user profile

5 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:53 am

Nevermind, Claire was in one of the trailers and also in the cover-art. Leak confirms the game to be LeonA and ClaireB - sadly no ClaireA and LeonB (which I always thought was canon).

6 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am

Birdman

Geez would it kill them to add all the content a freakin' PS1 game had? It was largely in the same areas so it can't be that hard.

Wonder what they're going to do with the aiming? Free aim wouldn't work with zombie rules.

View user profile

7 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 am

I think the shooting is RE4 style; which would make Zombies pretty easy but the game is really filled to the brim with faster enemies like Lickers and Hunters, so should stay interesting. In terms of content, we'll see!

8 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 am

Birdman

Zombies still made up the main bulk of enemies though and the their main threat was how they are positioned in tight hallways, around corners or in groups serving bullet sponge roadblocks that controlled space.

If they go by zombie rules (even stated in RE2), they have to go down with a single headshot. If not it's gonna look really weird. If they start weaving and ducking that would just be awful.

Perhaps they could simply add more zombies so that even with headshots you'll still be hard pressed but that would probably require too many. Maybe make ammo super limited? I don't know.

Yeah, guess we'll have to wait and see.

View user profile

9 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:50 am

Could be that they go with the mechanic seen in some other zombie games where shooting a head only breaks a part of it, and you need a full decapitation to get the kill (I forget which game this was). Revelations also used this camera with slow moving zombies and it worked pretty well thanks to the small corridors, which seem back in full force here.

Some more information:

About
The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?

Key Features

• A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
  • A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
  • Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
  • Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
  • Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
  • See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie
    epidemic.
  • Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/06/resident-evil-2-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc#goSySRGd31mroSKX.99

10 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Some more information to be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/8qf2ar/resident_evil_2_remake_announcement_megathread/

Pre-order Bonuses (PS4 so far): Digital pre-order bonus:
Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
Leon Costume: 'Noir'
Claire Costume: 'Military'
Claire Costume: 'Noir'
Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

Apparently costumes are DLC sadly, at least so far. Hope it just means early access and the ability to unlock them. Classic Capcom... I do hope for maybe an extra set of costumes that showcase their original designs and maybe RE4 Leon with jacket. Cool to see an Elza Walker costume though.

11 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 pm

I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles. Hell maybe they could even do first person as well. They would have to put a lot of effort into making sure it works though. The game play would have to be completely different. If it's true, they may sell it as DLC down the line unfortunately. However if it's done well I won't mind too much. I wish Paul Mercier would come back! Hands-down the best voice for Leon, but having said that, this new guy sounds just like Paul Haddad from the OG RE2 so this is a great throwback (it may even be Haddad lol). Mercier did say that he couldn't confirm or deny if he was involved with REmake 2, so who knows? Maybe he's playing someone else.

Birdman, I hate to say it but stuff like Tofu and Hunk is probably going to be DLC, just like how RE7 cut short sections of the game out to sell later. I don't think free aim will be a problem though; the ammo will probably just be super limited like you said, and I highly doubt Leon is going to be suplexing zombies this time around haha

The bit about DLC costumes is a shame, but not the end of the world. However, if I don't see bomber jacket Leon in this game I'm gonna be pissed. It would look so good in the RE Engine.

View user profile

12 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles.
Well, get your flip ready since it is officially confirmed. They made this decision at the start and the whole game is built around it apparently, it is like two different 'game modes' basically.

13 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:26 pm

@Royta/Raeng wrote:I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles.
Well, get your flip ready since it is officially confirmed. They made this decision at the start and the whole game is built around it apparently, it is like two different 'game modes' basically.

Well it seems kind of up in the air right now. I've only heard speculation and a random tweet or two confirming two styles. I know that leak has been mostly true so I believe they put it in but I haven't heard anything from an official Capcom source yet. So I'm remaining skeptical until I see it in bold print from Capcom. My lid is ready to be flipped though! Twisted Evil

View user profile

14 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 pm

@-Kajiwotore- wrote:
@Royta/Raeng wrote:I will flip my lid if you can play it with both camera styles.

Well it seems kind of up in the air right now. I've only heard speculation and a random tweet or two confirming two styles. I know that leak has been mostly true so I believe they put it in but I haven't heard anything from an official Capcom source yet. So I'm remaining skeptical until I see it in bold print from Capcom. My lid is ready to be flipped though! Twisted Evil

I need to real it in. Apparently it was noted on the Japanese Capcom site, but this was a mistranslation. Japanese, you know how it is. It translated to "allow you to play over the shoulder and experience it the old way". Some thought that meant Classic Camera. It is very vague. We'll see!

15 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Birdman

If true, I wonder if the mechanics will be the same. Free aiming cant work with a fixed camera.

I wonder if they're going to limit mobility too?

View user profile

16 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 am

Roy- That's what I figured. I really hope it has the option but considering they haven't advertised it at all I don't think the chances are great. The demo at E3 doesn't have any such option either. In any case, the game looks phenomenal, and those who have played it said it was awesome. We're in for a great ride either way.

Birdman- They would have to basically create a whole new gameplay system with lock on targeting, and less aggressive enemies. It's definitely possible, but it's also a lot of work. If it was planned from day 1 I don't think it's unrealistic at all. We'll know for sure soon enough.

View user profile

17 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 am

Birdman

18 min gameplay.

View user profile

18 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 am

WHAT????

19 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:43 am

Game looks absolutely amazing. I'm a bit bummed to see the RE7 interface return, and its item management. Wonder if we'll get chests again to store items. As I thought, shooting zombies in the head rips off chunks but doesn't kill them immediately. Good design imo! Motion looks really fluid. Really feels like the Hookman build from RE4. Though I know it wouldn't fit I kind of miss the melee. Wonder if it will run at 60fps on a regular PS4.
Love how the health is only really noticable in the menu; nice oldsk00l touch.

One big change, and one I feel is a stroke of genius that Mikami will be proud of: ammo for your knife, technically. The knife has a durability and drains on use. You can also use it as a defensive knife ala REmake1, which costs more durability. I think this is a really good concept. While I love the knife in other games and TEW2, once you master it the whole survival aspect is down the drain - since ammo is never an issue anymore. Happy to see the weird puzzles return too. Wonder if we can inspect Wesker's desk 50 times...

NOTE: that player really doesn't know how to aim haha!

20 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

Birdman

It's pretty much exactly like you said it would be lol. So the headshot thing is like The Evil Within then.

Knife mechanic looks interesting, though I missed the part where it says it has durability. I only saw it say you can use it as a defensive weapon to prevent damage, but it stays stuck in the enemy until you defeat them and get it back.

Where's the creepy music though? That made the game.

Edit: Also didn't he pass the Licker hallway? I was waiting for it but it didn't show up. I guess it's due to being an early build?

View user profile

21 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Birdman

I just read that you can only get rhe original soundtrack by preordering.

So thats costume and music dlc in addition to less scenarios. I bet we wont get Tofu or Hunk either.

View user profile

22 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

> Headshots
The Evil Within, jup. That's the game I meant. I just couldn't remember which one it was from.

> lickerhallway
I think they gave a special e3 build. The licker hallway was in the trailer, but I think this is just a short little stand alone demo made for the conference.

> DLC
I at least hope that if there is DLC by pre-order, that you can get it later manually. The Netherlands generally doesn't get pre-order deals, so those things aren't available here at all.

23 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Birdman

We get them but they are ridiculously priced. I wont buy dlc ridden games like this anymore. Might just rent this one and if it turns out to be amazing I might buy it regardless of the garbage dlc scamming.

View user profile

24 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Well one piece of good news regarding extra content: Tofu and Hunk will be included at launch! As much as I would want those costumes and the original music as well, I think these two scenarios are more important. I was afraid they would have cut these like the RE7 tapes.

Also, the giant Alligator is coming back! Not sure why there was such a kerfuffle about whether or not it would return, but now you know.

I didn't really mind the UI and prompts in RE7, but in third person it makes the screen look really cluttered. Hopefully they reduce the size of those before it releases. Kind of takes you out of the experience. Also regarding 60 FPS, considering RE7 runs at 60 on base Xbox and PS4, and considering how DMC5 will run at 60 across the board, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

View user profile

25 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:43 am

Birdman

Not sure why there was such a kerfuffle about whether or not it would return, but now you know.

The comments about the alligator are absurd. Seems that had a genuine struggle about including it.

Makes me worried about what else they've decided to remove.

View user profile

26 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am

I heard about Hunk and Tofu, really interested to see these return. The reason I was a bit on the fence was the current trend of taking older games that were jokes, too seriously. Final Fantasy VII Remake will no doubt remove the crossdressing scene or that awkward date in favor of moody emo brooding. I was afraid the same would happen here.

In terms of framerate, I hope so. 60 FPS would be even more gold. Capcom tends to have really good engines that are well optimized, here's hoping!

27 Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Birdman

There comment about tbe alligator was weird though.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum