Gabriel Phelan Lucas
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

101Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

102Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:47 am

MDP

MDP
D-Rank

This game was the reason I picked up Astral Chain. I love Chaos Legion because it mixed action with a bit of tactic/strategy. Later stages can get hard if you don't understand the game's mechanics.

103Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:10 pm

Shrekgamer69

Shrekgamer69
D-Rank

I played this game a couple years ago. I don't remember too much but it was cool. I never beat it because it was just too hard for me and I was sucking ass at the game. I don't remember how far I got on normal but I remember getting to the second fight against this weird plant thing (I don't really know how to describe it) on easy. I didn't know about the organic/metal thing but I did pick up on the fact that certain enemies seemed like they would only take damage from the arrow legion. I have to go back and try beating the game again at some point.

104Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:58 pm

Shrekgamer69

Shrekgamer69
D-Rank

I've been playing through this. I made it to stage 10 Normal USA. I took a break since it seems like i'm supposed to grind for exp. I'm not sure if that's the intended way to play the game or not though. I might do it anyway since basically all my legions except Guilt and Malice kinda suck.

Sidenote: USA box sucks ass compared to PAL/JP box. It even has the "If you loved Devil May Cry youll love Chaos Legion" quote on the back.

105Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>seems I'm supposed to grind
You should never need to grind to win. Hard to say what you should do without seeing your gameplay though.
Can you describe the situation you were presented with that led you to believe you might need to grind?

>If you loved Devil May Cry youll love Chaos Legion
Whoever wrote that had no idea how to play either games beyond 'guy hits things with sword'.

106Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:06 am

Shrekgamer69

Shrekgamer69
D-Rank

Just because I heard some vague things online that suggested grinding after stage 9 was a good idea (I guess those people probably just suck at the game though). I'm also concerned Im gonna get screwed if only Malice and Guilt have decent upgrades. The real issue is that I'm just scared of playing the game, but that's cool.

107Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>those people probably suck
Definitely.

>after stage 9
You get level select at that point which is why they referred to this stage.

>if only Malice and Guilt have decent upgrades.
Malice is always useful. Guilt falls off later

>screwed
You can replay stages so you couldn't be screwed even if it were possible.

>scared to play
Why?

108Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:27 am

GN1

B-Rank

I played Astral Chain recently (First action game with summons I played) and I loved it so I'm curious, this one also focuses on controlling 2 characters at the same time (you and your summon)?

Aside from this one, Castlevania Curse of Darkness is also in my backlog.

109Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:09 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Kind of. More like you manage a small unit.

They don't have large movesets or tons of commands, but they still have many nuances between them.

Doing a comparison to AC probably isn't worth it as they're very different games with a few similarities here and there.

110Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:18 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I think I'll be playing this game soon. That or FFXII IZJS. I'll toss a coin tomorrow and decide. But just in case, I want to ask, how long is this game? Not like it will influence which game I'll go with first (since XII is certainly longer), just curious.

111Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Don't know really. Or don't remember.

I do a lot of messing around in games before finishing. I can speedrun it in less than 2 hours I think, but not sure how long casually.

112Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:34 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://howlongtobeat.com/game/1642

This site is generally quite on the mark

https://stinger.actieforum.com

113Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:28 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Less than 20 hours? That suits me just fine.

>tosses coin
>heads
Chaos Legion it is. Played a bit and got past Stage 1. Thanatos destroyed most things in sight. Even for the boss, I could even stay out of reach and let Thanatos take care of it. I was a bit surprised since I've heard how he's the super ultimate legion or something, but I can use him no longer (at the moment), so I guess this was just to get a taste of its power.

I'll play more of this later. Want to experiment with Sieg on his own. The menu says his attack power is at his best when he's alone.

114Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:10 pm

Rorc

Rorc
D-Rank

You can't get Thanatos again until very lategame.

>The menu says his attack power is at his best when he's alone.
The main thing I remember is that hitstun is affected. So there are situations where a particular attack will stun the target only if your legion is not summoned.

That and the very strong assist attacks done with Triangle.

115Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:48 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>You can't get Thanatos again until very lategame.
Yeah, I remember reading something like that once.

>hitstun working if you're alone
Interesting. While this applies to any game, it sounds like you'd really benefit from knowing when you should go for legions or act alone.

116Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:13 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>so I guess this was just to get a taste of its power.
Tutorial stage.

>hitstun is affected
It's just attack power. Lowers while legions are out.

>Yeah, I remember reading something like that once.
You have to collect 9 pieces. The form you start with isn't even his final form.

>it sounds like you'd really benefit from knowing when you should go for legions or act alone.
No, hitstun stays the same. Your attack power lowers.
Those big enemies can take hitstun later when your attack power is higher, but switching legions on/off won't affect this unless you were at the exact threshold of atk points where it would lower you to just under the requirement. Which I'm not sure is even possible as I don't know what the exact atk point number is and if summoning can even lower it that much. In other words it doesn't matter.

You can only walk when legions are out too.

Very rarely do you want to be running around attacking stuff alongside them. First time players will often do this.

117Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:03 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>just attack power
Noted.

>isn't even his final form
Nice reference of that meme.

>exact atk point
This could be known with the CE. Though I haven't had luck with any game made in Japan for some reason (only with GoW). Let's hope this isn't the case. All I have to know is which stat increases atk. But this will still need to wait until I'm done with the game.

----------------------

Been playing some more. Stuck on Stage 3. Difficulty got amped up notably, and I just can't seem to clear that part with seemingly endless hordes of enemies.

I recall that you said people who say the enemies are damage sponges are wrong, as you can kill stuff fast (even in the US version), so I know I'm definitely doing something wrong. I just can't seem to figure out why.

118Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:24 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>All I have to know is which stat increases atk
Just attack.

>endless hordes of enemies
Large area with a 5 monster generators?

Either you kill enemies until the generators get tired (takes ages) or you use Malice in Sniper Mode and aim at the metal tip on top of the generators. It's metal which Malice is strong against.

>damage sponges
Only enemy you'll encounter early that takes somewhat of a beating is the big green guy. Not hard to kill with Guilt. Lock-on and do Force attacks then unsummon when it takes a swing. Can be a problem when other enemies are around. But soon enough you'll get enough attack power that a jumping spin slash to their head will stun them.

In the part I think you're talking about, there should be quite a few of those guys. But just get rid of the generators with Sniper Mode to not even have to deal with them.

Make sure not to stay in one spot too long. You can't move while aiming. Take as many shots as you can, unsummon, and reposition.

119Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:41 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Sorry about the delay. I listened to your advice, and was surprised that the game has such a thing (specific parts of an enemy being weak to attacks). That's really neat. After this I got hooked and played some more.

Got past the plant-like boss, and I obviously got some crests along the way. Not sure if Bomb has any uses in Force Mode, it looks like it deals too little damage. Or maybe I used it on a tough (but the description says it's strong against both types). I don't quite understand what the Assist of the Shield Legion does. The initial animation has i-frames (that I abused for the plant boss), but after that? Is it supposed to just reduce damage, or is there a way to release the stored damage like the Legion itself does?

And if you're interested to know how I beat the boss, I basically used jumping slashes (seemed like it had good DPS, at first I used the Shield Legion to absorb damage from the mobs, and release it on the boss, but it looks like jumping slashes are better), used the Arrow Legion's Assist to kill the mobs quickly, used a safe spot on the left to not have to jump (during the shockwave), did my best to avoid the 'tentacles', and so on. But the latter part of the fight was tricky, owed to the boss gaining a new attack I wasn't sure how to consistently avoid (especially now that the mobs were able to revive during this, and that wasn't the case earlier). As much as that displeased me, I ended up using healing items to win. I'll play more tomorrow.

Also, about the item menu, when I try to select certain items, there is an error that says "items in your possession". What is that supposed to mean?

Oh, and how do you deal with those big bosses (there's several of them, they're blue, appear in an earlier stage, and they have both their own health bar, but depleting and killing them also depletes a shared, larger health bar)? Their opening attacks is what I had the most trouble with. I start at the center, and they're too big for the evade to work consistently. I tried to run backwards, and this worked semi consistently (had enough time to escape, dodge roll into safety, and they crashed into an obstacle *a wall*).

This game doesn't play around even on Normal, or perhaps it's because I've yet to learn the ropes. Yes, that's most likely it. Either way, I'm definitely getting busy with this title for a while.

120Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:56 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>bomb in Force
Not great. Fully upgraded it'll do more damage but the way it works it still isn't great. Its assist is one of the best attacks in the game.

>strong against both types
Yes.

>shield assist
Reduce damage and you don't take hit-stun.

>displeased me
No. It pleased you.

>items in your possession
Those items you don't use. They're active just having them in your inventory.

>big bosses
Wait by a wall. Dodge roll as they hit and it should cover you.
If you're using Guilt you can use its assist to iframe right through them while they're running at you.

>because I've yet to learn the ropes
As with all games it'll get easier with more experience.

121Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:23 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Excuse the lack of updates. I haven't stopped playing this, but I've had to face some inconveniences along the way. One of them being that I have no controller to play anymore. So I've been trying to adjust with a keyboard (brings back memories).

Finished Stage 9. The boss was brutal. Well, not so much the boss, but everything that was happening in the arena itself (mobs, and if that wasn't enough, the boss' tentacles). Had a lucky attempt where I had enough health to survive all this chaos to use an energy bullet at the right moment to finish off the boss (it had a good amount of health left, to the point that I wasn't sure if I was going to kill it).

I'm currently taking a small detour to... grind. Not because I particularly need it, but because I want the legions to be on equal terms, so no one falls behind (and because I want to see how they fare against each other with relative power).

Also, a note about Malice. He's awesome. I don't think there was ever a stage where I didn't use him. Either for taking down generators, those small, high speed enemies, the mobs that 'can severely injure a Legion', etc., it's pretty hard to even consider replacing him with someone else. But at least there's a second slot. I could even remove a whole HP bar from that spider boss.

122Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:39 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>stage 9
Arcia's dodge with guns equipped can be infinitely chained for unlimited invincibility so long as you don't shoot while dodging. This cancels the i-frames.

There is a safe spot from the tentacles to the far right side behind the laser cannons.

123Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:02 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>unlimited i-frames
Wow. If only I had known that. But now I do (and I intend to replay the game).

>safe spot
Will definitely keep that in mind.

------------------------

So, I have finished this game. Very great title. I could play this for a long while. The game is just pure combat, nonstop. No minigames, no puzzles, absolutely nothing. Just combat. Though I guess that explains why it's somewhat obscure. Which is a shame.

Final boss was super difficult. Well, the phases that weren't Delacroix. He was a bit difficult when I first fought him, but now he was easier, despite the arena being smaller. Second boss, I couldn't read him all that well. Mostly spammed Blasphemy's Assist when its upper part came down, and tried my best to avoid the missiles, lasers, etc.

Third boss was a bit more readable in a sense, but still difficult. The lasers hit hard and can combo you to death if you don't avoid them. Also, knowing that she was very vulnerable to Sieg's sword when 'normal' was something that took me a bit to figure out. Used Malice to deal some damage (which added up by a bit) when she was dark.

And for what little that matters, Arcia 'dying' caught me completely off-guard.

Not sure what to do next. I noticed that enemies got replaced with tougher versions after I beat one of the later stages, so perhaps that. Also noticed that I unlocked Arcia. But then there's also the Hard mode.

I could either:

1. Visit all the maps again to see what they did by replacing the enemies here and there.

2. Collect the missing Thanatos chips (thought I had less chips, but turns out I have 6). Then test him out.

3. Maybe play as Arcia? On Normal again?

4. Play on Hard with Sieg. Then later with Arcia. Revisit the maps when the new enemies appear on this setting as well.

5. If there is room for it, do a challenge run. Perhaps avoid all the collectibles on the map to stay at base?

Anyway, very fun title, and I've only played it on Normal. I trust Hard is going to be even more fun.

Last edited by Phoenix Wright on Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

124Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:09 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'd say go straight to hard mode. You don't carry anything over so probably better to do the revisits on hard and save time.

Arcia has far less options. You'll probably get bored of her fast.

125Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:26 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>go straight to Hard
Fine by me. But perhaps I'll still collect the Thanatos chips. There are only 3 remaining, so it won't take long.

Note: Do you get more EXP on Hard? What are the most fundamental changes besides maybe damage taken/dealt?

126Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>get Thanatos
Note that even when you do you have to upgrade to get his final form.

>hard mode
Nothing carries over. You start with zero.
Enemies do more damage. Rank requirements are different. That's it.

127Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:29 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>upgrade
I have plenty of EXP gems, including XL ones. Surely it can't be that b-

*checks EXP tables*

Hard mode it is.

>that's it
I see. So you don't deal less damage? If so, at least that sounds good enough for me.

128Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:35 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>exp gems
Near useless. The best way to get exp is AAA+ rating which gives a 4x multipler.
In the Japanese version costs are so low it doesn't matter, but in the English version the best way I found is to get AAA+ on stage 8 side B. Use Ground Zero to counter the metal guys (they will run at you and attack nonstop) and build 4 million in the first area. You get like 40000 exp per counter on these guys. Then go through the stage and counter the mandatory ones too. You should be able to build another million. It's been years but you might have time to do 5 million at the start. If all goes as planned you can get 20 million per run. Each run from what I remember is less than 10 minutes.

>hard mode
I guess it's the enemies stats that go up. You still have the same stats at max. It's only the start where you'll really feel it.

129Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:02 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>stage 8
The one with a spider as a boss?

>AAA+
On that note, what are the requirements for that? Think the highest I've gotten is AA+.

>side B
What is this? Playing as Arcia?

>metal guys
So not the area with the spiders? Or am I thinking of something else?

>20 million per 10 minutes
Doesn't sound that bad, but I already started the Hard run. Might as well continue. I'll keep that in mind when I get there on this setting, though.

>enemy stats going up
Including defense?

----------------------

I just remembered, your YT channel has quite a bit of content for CL. Will definitely watch it.

130Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>stage 8
Sorry I meant stage 7.

>AAA+
Enemies killed (game calls this Smash)
Mark monster killed (these are certain monster but no indicator as to which they are).
Time
Boss time
Life and Soul
Item use

Mark monster count is not separate from regular kills. If you kill 10 mark monsters that's still 10 to your overall kill count

Boss time will contribute to stage time.

Life and Soul must be full when you complete the stage. There is no penalty for getting hit or using as much Soul as you want. It just must be full at the end.

>side B
After stage 12 the stages change to side B. Different enemy layouts and rank requirements.

>enemy stats
I don't really know what goes up. Looks like their attack power and defense.

131Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:17 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>meant stage 7
Ah, yes. That one has the soldiers you mention.

>no indication on which are Mark monsters
Not even a guide covers this?

>Life and Soul must be full
>no actual penalty for taking damage
I was going to ask if you were allowed to use items to exploit this, but that's precisely one of the requirements, too.

>post stage 12 changes
Oh, that. I see.

132Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Not even a guide covers this?
No but it's not hard to figure out. Tends to be monsters that surround targets though not always. I always knew where to get my counts from.

>but that's precisely one of the requirements, too
There's a few ways around this.

1 - Be the best like me and never get touched (not happening).

2 - Some enemies drop green soul which heals you.

3 - In some cases killing a target will cause all enemies to become green soul.

4 - Whenever you defeat a boss that has am item you must collect to end the stage, the timers stop. If you have Thanatos' Healing Factor skill, you can freely stand there and get any lost HP back with no penalty (other than me mocking you viciously).

With blue soul you just have to keep an eye on your usage especially in the boss fight. Some bosses give a lot of soul after defeat. Otherwise you'll have to fight some enemies to build it up.

133Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:38 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>not hard to figure out
If you say so. I'll see for myself.

>not happening
With a capable teacher (such as yourself), anything can happen. I never thought I'd be able to beat the Clone War in GoW (NUR+), but here we are.

Unless you mean at the moment. Then yes, I have a long way to go.

>enemies dropping green soul
Like the big green monster or those flying enemies.

>killing a target to turn enemies into HP
Wait, you must fulfill these requirements at the end of every 'scene'? Or are you talking about boss fights where this happens?

>Thanatos' HP Regen
Oh?

>mocking
And here I was thinking about sharing footage so you could evaluate it (and suggest something better), but now...

...Nah, just kidding. I even told GMG when I was still inexperienced that something like this would only make me seek for mastery faster.

>keep an eye on your usage
>some bosses may or may not replenish most of it
Knowledge will be power.

134Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Wait, you must fulfill these requirements at the end of every 'scene'? Or are you talking about boss fights where this happens?
No. Scenes don't matter. Only the end of stage matters.

>regen
It's pretty bad. You have to stay still.

>Knowledge will be power.
That's really all there is to it. You'll know who green souls enemies are, which bosses give soul, mark monsters. It just comes naturally really. As I remember with mark monsters you can get them in different places so you'd work out which are best.

135Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:16 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>only the end matters
Noted.

>stay still
So like Okami's. Wonder if the Regen factor is just as slow.

>which are the best
So you mean to say there are more Mark monsters in a Stage, and not just what is required of you to destroy?

On a side note, I should have asked this question much earlier, but better late than never. Is every single enemy/boss in the game open to a counter hit? And besides Sieg's sword, what can score a counter hit? I think an Assist is able to do so, but not sure.

136Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:56 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>So you mean to say there are more Mark monsters in a Stage, and not just what is required of you to destroy?
Don't remember every stage but generally yes.

>Is every single enemy/boss in the game open to a counter hit?
Most are. I think only the tree boss on stage 5 and 9, stage 8 and one of the final bosses can't be countered.

>what can counter
Anything. With assists it's Sieg's sword (or body in the case of kicking Blasphemy) that counters.

Though there is a 'soft' counter with legions. Just not as extreme. I once tested it. There was a gunner and I kicked a bomb at it. It took two bombs. But when I waited for it to shoot and timed it so the bomb hit in its attack animation, it killed it.

It's not the insane damage Sieg gets and not something you'd really plan, because of how legions attack, but it's there. There's no hit effect for this.

137Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:26 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>generally yes
So it's not as strict as I thought. Alright.

>these bosses
Makes sense considering how they work. How about mobs? I think I remember a green one who I wasn't able to score a counter hit against.

>Sieg's sword during Assists
So the Legions themselves during Assists don't cause this?

>soft counter with legions
Is this when normally summoned?

>no hit effect
Weird.

I suddenly wanted to make a video about the memes surrounding this game:

Shocking how much of a difference knowledge can make (but I probably exaggerated it by dragging on the fight like that), but then again, we could say that about most Action games that don't get praised like DMC does.

Also saw a very old post where someone basically implied that this game was worse in every way (including the summon system) compared to Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. Likely someone who doesn't know what he's talking about, but I never knew a CV game had a summoning system.

138Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:26 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>How about mobs?
A small amount don't have counters.

>green one
What's it look like? Is it the huge one?

>So the Legions themselves during Assists don't cause this?
They do but it's not huge damage like Seig and doesn't have a hit effect. It's something that will just happen as you play and you'll likely never notice. That's why I call it a 'soft' counter.

>Is this when normally summoned?
Could happen any time a Legion attacks. But since when summoned you have a multiple units engaging multiple enemies it's not a thing you can really set up. With Perfect Thanatos you can in certain situations. You can do insane damage on Victor when he's doing a shockave.

>like DMC
With its worthless fanbase who, when called to investigate mechanics on the games they shit on, refuse. Yet if you were to play DMC like shit and make claims, they'd be the first to tell you to learn the mechanics.

>by dragging on the fight like that
Real casual FILTH would've died way earlier.

>compared to CoD
I think I've seen that comment. Low IQ mechanically blind asshole.

>CV summoning system
I've played CoD to death.

139Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:59 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>small amount don't have counters
Thought so.

>What's it look like?
It has a blade attached to its right arm, it seems. It runs towards you, asserts its dominance by... roaring? All this while leaving itself open, but after the longest telegraph ever, it will finally attack you. Tried attacking it at different points of this animation. No counters.

>That's why I call it a 'soft' counter
>could happen anytime a Legion attacks
I see. Still nice to know a thing like this exists.

>you can with Perfect Thanatos
Figured he'd be the one benefitting the most from this. And I suppose that due to how Hatred/Power works, his Assist can't 'counter' at all.

Note: Going from your vids, it doesn't seem like Perfect Thanatos is the absolute end-all offense of the game. Some have compared it to KotR in FFVII.

>insane damage to Victor
For a moment I didn't know who you meant, since I think they mostly refer to him as 'Delacroix'.

Also, I learned some new things surrounding this IP. It's a licensed game, not an actual Capcom property. No wonder they haven't been able to remaster it, but that doesn't explain why PN03 hasn't been. Perhaps because they're both obscure.

Anyway, on the subject of the damage, I saw your video doing this. Simply insane. I wouldn't have even thought of getting that close to him, since I thought the attack's AoE would get me, but it seems you're able to get in hits without any i-frames at all.

>worthless fanbase
And how. It took SBK to point out the real strengths of the games, meanwhile everyone was going "BEHOLD THE GLORY OF WOMBOCOMBOS!!!!!".

>they'd be the first to do what you do to them
Double standards at its finest.

>Real casual FILTH would've died way earlier.
True, thus prolonging the fight even further. So even I'm falling short with that meme clip.

>seen that comment
This is what I'm referring to:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/213-nonstop-gaming-general/68352390

Post #11. And post #3. The only thing I'll agree with him on is having to unlock mission select far into the game.

>played CoD to death
Which leads me to ask the following. Of the games you've played with summoning systems (think it's just CL, AC, and maybe CoD), is there one you would say is better than the others? Or do they offer different strengths?

-------------------------

Got some more time to play. Beat Stage 3, and about to go to Stage 4. I want to see if I can make it far without purposely grinding, so I have to think about which upgrades would suit me the best. Guilt has obviously more EXP than everyone. I'm thinking of upgrading Enchant over others, since Ground Zero is quite useful. With help of EXP Gems (probably would've been unnecessary if I had gotten AAA+ Ranks), I have just enough EXP to do so. Think I'd get better mileage out of this compared to ATK upgrades, Assist or Force upgrades. And Malice... not sure if I should go for Force (another legion) or attack upgrades.

But that's not all. I've also been thinking which legions to bring up into the stage. Bringing up Malice would be highly useful for the generators (as ever), and the high speed enemies, whom I frankly don't know how to deal with if Malice isn't there. So that leaves me to choose either Blasphemy for the Assist, or Guilt for Ground Zero (and to keep getting EXP to eventually max out Enchant *with the Spirit Gem*), and probably to deal with organic monsters. Decisions, decisions.

140Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>blade attached to its right arm
Is it those small guys? Usually in groups?
If so, the counter is as they swing.

>And I suppose that due to how Hatred/Power works, his Assist can't 'counter' at all.
Probably not.

>since I think they mostly refer to him as 'Delacroix'.
I can never remember how to spell it.

>but it seems you're able to get in hits without any i-frames at all.
Because I jump over it.

>This is what I'm referring to:
lol

I hadn't seen that. I don't visit that board ever.
Mechanical blindness at its finest. That should be framed and put in a museum

>Or do they offer different strengths?
This.

>grind
Never necessary.

>decisions
I'll leave you to figure that part out. There's a usual roadmap for dealing with everything the game throws at you. But I won't post it unless you ask for it.

I will say in general real it seems Force numbers are better than less with higher attack.

141Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:57 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>small guys
These:

Chaos Legion - Page 3 Latest?cb=20121006210656

Hmm, image doesn't seem to load, at least not on here. Must open it on a new tab.

>as they swing
Pretty sure I did that, but I may be remembering wrong. Anyway, will try again when I see them.

>jump over the shockwave
So you mean to say the shockwave doesn't have vertical range (the AoE just covers the ground)? I didn't even think of trying that because Victor does that attack while in midair. Now that explains everything.

>don't visit that board
For the best. That guy has a weird way of judging Action games. If he finds an optimal way to trivialize it, and it doesn't require much to figure out, then it's shallow. Experimenting with other things is irrelevant for him, only the first impression is 'what matters'. Dislikes other games like RE4, Transformers, and ZoE2, too.

>put in a museum
I remember worse statements from him, but I can't recall the topics off-hand.

>different strengths
Sounds good. So there's definitely reasons to explore CoD one day.

>Never necessary
After playing those Naruto games, this is a breath of fresh air.

>roadmap
I probably need more than this playthrough to give a somewhat accurate roadmap. Either way, I'll let you know on what I'll do.

>Force numbers are better than higher attack
Good to know.

----------------------------

Finished Stage 4 and 5. I realized that the game kind of tells you which enemy is a mark monster. Just kill something and press Select. If it's a mark monster, it will be added to the mark count.

With this info, I tried to meet the requirements to get a somewhat good rank, but couldn't find every mark monster. I think the marks are the initial enemies accompanying the first generator, and those things that shoot lasers (but not the ones that respawn from generators, they're already in fixed locations). I was short of 2-3 marks from what I remember. Pretty sure I looked everywhere, and even killed respawning enemies to see if some of them were mark monsters. Nope.

And... good Lord, the 'boss clear' requirement seems to be super tight. I wasn't able to meet the target time, and I killed the bosses as fast as I could (one at a time), even tried to ignore the mobs on the third phase. Still couldn't meet that requirement.

And for the stage 5 boss (tree boss), something odd happened. I pressed the wrong inputs when I wanted to go to the safe spot on the left, and instead did another jumping slash (the delayed version). Sieg received no damage. Tried to replicate this with save states after getting rid of the boss, and I got hit like a dozen times. Just as I was about to give up, it happened again. It seems that hitting the boss at the right frame (hence why it took me tons of tries) is the key, because I didn't jump at all one time. Did a ground slash, and Sieg was fine. Could even do it with Ground Zero... except Sieg took damage and was sent flying, but after a significant amount of time had passed.

Very weird, but if it's a just frame thing, then it's not something for me to get good at (I'm terrible at such things *and I wouldn't do it even on normal play, especially if aiming for a good boss clear time or something*). I'll stick to using the safe spot.

142Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:07 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>small guys
But they're small like Seig? Not that huge green one?

>because Victor does that attack while in midair.
His sword swing as he does can hit you. But at the right distance you can jump and counter him with the spin slash.

>Dislikes other games like RE4, Transformers, and ZoE2, too.
SCUM.

>requirements
Did them so long ago I don't remember.

>glitch
Present video evidence.

143Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:23 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>small like Sieg
Yes. They're definitely not the huge guy whom you can stun with a spin slash with enough attack power.

>the sword swing can hit you
So this definitely needs execution to pull off. Taking notes.

>present evidence, Mr. Wright
TAKE THAT!

...Sorry. I had to. Anyway, hope this illustrates the point well enough.

144Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:10 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>small guy
Counter is running slash and jump attack.

>glitch
Had this happen once before with Arcia. Might be a weird hitbox with that attack.
Seems to be related to the timing of Sieg's attacks too though. When you used a slash then Ground Zero, you avoided the whole thing.

It's kind of a two part attack: the slam then the dust. If you avoid the slam, the dust is still active and blasts you away.
I've also had a hybrid situation where the slam or dust didn't send me flying; it caused a knockdown where the character was launched straight upward instead.

145Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:35 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>running slash and jump attack
>jump attack
I don't think I have ever seen him do a jumping attack. I'll record a video and show you later. If this doesn't tell you something.

>weird hitbox
I wonder if the timing somehow disables the hitbox for a while. I wish I could modify or edit the game in a way that I can see when a hitbox is active, and maybe even i-frames. That way, we could get the answer.

>hybrid situation
I think that happened with the boss that needs to have its yellow 'eyes' exposed to deal damage to it.

146Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:01 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>I don't think I have ever seen him do a jumping attack
There's a few types. Different colors.

>That way, we could get the answer.
Could CE help?

>I think that happened with the boss that needs to have its yellow 'eyes' exposed to deal damage to it
Seen it on that one too. Seems to only happen up close.

147Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:31 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>few types
Yeah, I think I know which one you meant earlier, but the one I'm mentioning is a different one. As I said, a video will come later.

>CE
Not sure. If it can help, I don't know how to make it work.

Note: Unrelated, and I don't know why I'm mentioning this, but just as a heads-up. Despite the tools being bad, I have some sort of access to TAS. So if you ever had a question that requires precise inputs, let me know. However, it also depends on whether that's within the tool's capabilities. As I said, they're quite bad. One of the limitations is that I likely won't be able to record anything, if you were to make a request. Just a report. This is due to desyncs.

Note 2: Now due to watching your vids, I've been getting recommendations from YouTube. One of them, of course, being about CL and its 'similarities' to DMC.

How have you dealt with this for so long?

Note 3: Are the novels this game is based on worth reading?

148Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:10 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>precise inputs
The only thing I can think of is the timing of Spartan. It's one of the moves you get from Malice. You can chain them but I'm not sure how many times.

>How have you dealt with this for so long?
Spent a few years debating here and there. I usually ignore it now.

>novels
Don't know. They're only in Japanese unless someone has translated them. They're probably cringe anime crap.
I once read a post that said in the novels Sieg summoned different legions at the same time.

149Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:42 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Spartan
Description says you should use it just as the enemy moves. Is that how it is?

>cringe anime crap
Likely.

>summoned different legions
Wouldn't surprise me. Wonder if the tactical part of summoning Legions would be affected too much if this were possible.

--------------------

Not much to say, still working on my upgrade plan. Currently beat Stage 7, so I got a Spirit Gem. Gave it to Guilt and gained Ground Zero permanently. Had enough EXP to learn it, but had to use him in every stage up until this one. Had a much easier time with Stage 7's boss, last time I beat it on my 5th try, I believe. Now I beat it on my second try.

I'll need to consider whom should I bring for the next stages. Blasphemy's Assist is very, very handy for crowds, especially against those skeletons. I found that Airblaze Lv 2 also works as a way to keep a grouped crowd in check without consuming Soul. Not the fastest method, but I found that it's safe.

Then there's Hatred and the move you gain from him, which has i-frames. I see that it's a very useful thing to use against the last phase of the final boss, at least for one of the attacks. But I probably could bring Hatred along for that fight instead of gaining EXP to get that move.

And other than routing, I definitely need to experiment with Arrogance and Claw more. I used the former in some stages, but preferred using someone else. Claw I think I only used for grinding (like everyone else), and in just one stage.

150Chaos Legion - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Legion Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:28 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Description says you should use it just as the enemy moves.
You throw the lock on thing, hold to pull in, but right as Sieg goes to pull I think you release hold and press Circle again which causes him to slam them with the wire. As he's doing this you hold to initiate pulling again and repeat. At least, that's how I remember it.

>Wonder if the tactical part of summoning Legions would be affected too much if this were possible.
There's an X360/PS3 (and maybe PC) game called Overlord. You can have different units out at the same time. Or more like you bring them into the stage or summon them out of this hole in the ground or something. In Overlord you can move your units around with the right stick like in Astral Chain, which I was I always say AC is like a combination of CL and Overlord. Don't remember if Overlord has weaknesses so it probably doesn't matter. Don't think it would work with CL's current system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum