Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It's a good one!

> charge characters
Guile, Honda, Dictator, Claw and Boxer are charge characters. Chun-li as well iirc, but she's more rushdown, same with Claw and Dictator.

> Ken
A lot of fun too.

> play against CPU
CPU is very weak against punishes, at higher levels they'll just eat your inputs so it's best to wait for them to make a mistake i.e. an unsafe move and punish hard, or to trap them with fireballs.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:03 am

Rorc

Rorc
D-Rank

Dee Jay and Blanka are charge characters too. Kind of crazy that charge characters were half of SF2's cast, but charge motions have been niche in fighting games ever since.

4Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:19 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I always forget about those two since I never played them or against them haha.

> charge motion
I think it didn't catch on. I really hate charge-partitioning myself, and it's killer on your hands when using a pad imo. I tend to not play them as a result anymore. Ironically though Guile is my SF2 main haha

5Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:47 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

-> charge characters
lol I was envisioning a character in like a pose and charging an attack (UT style), I get it's the input method now. A lot of the jargon goes over my head lol.

->in air moves
Any tips on how best to use punches and kicks in air?
I imagine you want to use different things whether you're rising or falling. Rising attacks maybe more defensive; like to play 'keep off me' or something. Falling attacks I guess are more for combos. Which I'm not really messing with since jumping towards the CPU so far has been nothing but suicide.
I found out Ken can use his spinning kick move in air which I kinda use to build a little meter while I retreat or something.

->combos
Based on playing Cammy and Ken: I've found that the crouching medium kick seems best to combo from. C MK into projectile for Ken for instance has been a bit useful when I'm in a corner. I haven't been able to combo into his Z motion punch yet.

-> Misc stuff
C HP has been pretty useful. I wouldn't have thought to try it since I wouldn't think crouching attacks would have high enough hitboxes lol. Trying to do the Z motion fast enough in certain situations is not something I'm good at so having that for an option is nice.

The secret demon Ryu boss is destroying me, any tips? He does insane damage and the input reads are just oof...

-> gamers bellyaching on the internet.
Not something I'm normally guilty of I don't think. The Armored Core 6 thread here, I think, is one of the few examples of me being a whiny baby lol. Maybe fighting games will finally be what corrupts me.

I glanced online and there was no one playing lol. No lobbys or ranked or anything. Pretty bleak.

6Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> jump attack
Heavy attacks for damage, light attacks to beat heavy attacks (generally speaking). So doing a jump-back light punch can help you be safe.

> CPU
Again, most advice we'll give won't work tbh. SF2's CPU is notorious for input reading. If you want to beat them the best strategy is to hold block and do crouching medium kick when they get close, or ranged projectile while they try to get close. Anti-airs are risky since they tend to time perfect jumps. Play a passive game.

> evil Ryu
You probably mean Akuma (with the red hair). He input reads like mad and is a broken character, it's luck imo. He can literally just 'decide' to win since he has a few corner infinites iirc where you just get stuck in block-stun.

7Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:40 am

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

I FUCKING DID IT!!!! I managed to beat somebody!

Almost no one is playing, but the game allows you to play arcade mode while trying to match up in ranked mode, so I thought why not.
Occasionally I can get the rare Japanese player, who will proceed to utterly destroy me for match after match. This guy I had fought for maybe 20+ matches or something. He didn't really use projectiles much (no doubt what let me eek out a victory) and instead favored pressuring me into corner where he'd throw loop me.

I can't believe how much I suck at this game though lol. It took hours before I actually beat anyone.

I clipped the fight. Can't help but wonder if he threw the match or something.

8Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:20 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You played very well, good job! Some nice spacing and poking here and there, caught him off-guard! Good throw too! Guy wasn't too bad either, he was doing SRKs and a few throw-setups and combos. Guy was no casual.

Also which version is this? Anniversary or something?

9Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:39 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

-> Version
It's called Hyper Anniversary or something. It's on the Capcom Fighting Collection (I'm playing on PS4). I know there are a lot of versions of the game, but I assume this is the main version people play.

-> SRK
What's this? An abbreviation for Shor-Yu-ken? He did a lot of those and was good at them. Could combo it in ways I wasn't expecting.

->Throw setups
Could never get out once I was in. He did it a bunch of times in previous matches. Sometimes I would try to go for a LP, C LK or a jumping LP in the hopes of being faster but he always seemed to have advantage. Couldn't figure it out. I just tried my damnedest not to get in a corner. In that match; he poked me with the Shor-Yu-Ken (always has more range than I expect lol), which sent me into a corner. Very scary...

This game is so hard...

10Street Fighter II Empty Re: Street Fighter II Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:44 pm

AeternalSolitude

AeternalSolitude
C-Rank

Never mind, I looked it up and it seems this version was exclusive to the arcade and PS2 for the longest time lol. Not sure how it differs from Super Turbo, which I think is the actual version most people play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum