You are not connected. Please login or register

Street Fighter 6

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Street Fighter 6 Empty Street Fighter 6 Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:57 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I knew that at least 3 people(including me) play SF6 in this community, now.

First of all, I must say that I have few experience with Fighting games. IIRC, I have played tekken3 and tekken tag 2(Hwarang or Eddy gorodo = you can mash and can win, sometimes Xiǎoyǔ because her stance changing was fun for me) in game centers. Ah, also Bloody Roar in aracade mode. I played Guilty Gear XX # reloaded but not because of game itself but my favorite rock band made korean version ost so only played a single campaign. DOA6 demo just for a little period.

All this means that I have no modern experience with fighting games, and to me, This is genre is just about nostalgia when I was a little kid(not even a middle school student).

Untill now, I didn`t like fighting games at all, I usually don`t like to play multiplay games and especially in a game center, you know, It is a random match and I just died while I could`t learn anything from that session. But I luckily get some money (not a regular income, an additional one) recently, and my firends really like fighting games and said me that SF6 is very accessible. So "Why not? I would try it".

And yes, Modern control feels so much accessible to me. As you can see, I played a few games, so I can do shoryuken command or some comobos but it is not my thing to deal with difficult controls, even in an action games. I like The ninja warriors : Once Again and Sifu most, because they doesn`t have complex inputs but fun enough. So even I knew that I can do some movesets in fighting games, I just didn`t like to swing sticks tricky and push complex inputs.

But with modern control, I play almost like any other action games(in an example, I set Drive parry on LB just like Sifu). Espeically I use hori gamecube for playing on PC, characters very smoothly react to my inputs. I always read tutorials or deal with comobo challenges before starting rank match, so I sholud not forget mechanisms. They are very clear and helpful. And Even someone with no experiecne can feel that this game demands agressive attitude(Drive impact and Drive gauge make my mind being confident even in low HP), and It fitted to my taste.

Ah, also commentating function is very good for reviewing my play, so what I did or what the opponent did and how it would be better.

The bad thing of this game is UI nad story mode. I wanna paly avartar (multiplay) match for fun but then I have to grind on story mode, So I just abandoned it.

I use han juri, Because I like usually agile style character ... and she is korean lol. I also wanna play cammy too but it is hard to learn thigns so I stick to Han juri now.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

2Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:19 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

One thing that's important about Street Fighter if you're coming from Tekken, is that learning the entire cast is legit possible without it being your fulltime job. You can do about a character per day, learn their bag of tricks and general buttons, and move on. Gives you at least a decent idea of what they are capable of so you know what to do when you face off against them.

I'm on holiday now, but if you want we can do some friendlies when I'm back. Just to note though our ranks are massively different (I'm Diamond), but I can give you some tips while we go if you want.

SF is fun because even with some just minor combo knowledge (or Modern) you can already enjoy it a lot. Sure you can learn the more complex and insane combos, but it only gives you a little edge.

EDIT: the game comes for free with SF2, it's in the Battlehub, be sure to give that a go too!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:38 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

> if you're coming from Tekken

No, no. It`s almost 20 years ago, when I was an elementary school~middle school student. I can say that I`m a quiet "newbie" to this genre. I just can do "syou-ryu-ken" input or "low-guard" with out reading all the things. Though, I usually review tutorials and character guides before I go rank match nowdays(Because I`m in the first step so I forget things).

I don`t think that matching with you is insightful, not because I`m hating at losing but because I`m in the first step. I also know that my friend who is diamond and try to teach me (he even choose the chracter of which he usually don`t use), but kick my ass out lmao. But I also have friends who played SF4 and on silver now / SF4-5-6 and on platinum / first on SF but fighting game vets on gold etcetc... So They would help me better imo. Thanks for your offer though.

And honestly, I`m not so hating at losing at this point. Of course, I`ll lose. because I do miss and don`t understand nor remember mechanisms well.

4Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:15 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

My general tip then is then, if you can:
- learn a low-confirm (i.e. a light kick into light punch into a special)
- learn a heavy punish (i.e. a heavy punch into a heavy special)
- learn your anti air buttons (preferably 2)

With just those two, you can go a long way. Like with Jamie for example, there are way better combos. But I have slow reactions, so when I hit my light kick I always do a light punch after, and then his combo, so that I have time to react if the kick hit or not.

5Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:21 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I picked this up too, it's a fun game. I really shouldn't be, but I was surprised by just how bad I am. I'm in Bronze 2 maining Manon at the moment, I seem to lose a game for every one I win. I've been playing fighting games casually (and almost exclusively against AI) for over 20 years, but that doesn't mean much if you're not going out of your way to learn how to get better! I'm still at the stage of constantly getting beaten by people throwing Drive Impact out when I want to press a button. I really don't like the mechanic, but admittedly it's a skill issue. I need to play some more soon.

I liked World Tour to begin with, I was hoping with the customisable movesets it'd be a cool repayable action-beat em up experience, but I soured on it after about 10 hours. It's very repetitive, enemy variety isn't interesting, lite-RPG mechanics don't really do the game any favours either. The concept has potential to be really good though, I think.

Oh, and the premium currency system sucks. Fuck Capcom for trying to nudge people towards paying for character colours. You can unlock them through gameplay but it's a slog (of course it is). They can't help but sour their games with this stuff.

6Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

>I've been playing fighting games casually (and almost exclusively against AI)

It`s unfair to compare the real martial arts with video game experience, but Your impression reminded me this video.

TLDL; "If you wanna claim that your martial art is very efficient and work in reality, The proof should be more than a coperative practice with more intensity, but without any live resistance(so you have to prove with a pressure test, a sparring, in time limitation etc etc)"

7Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:37 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> world tour
Still gotta finish it, when I play it it is fun but it's very similar and repetative. Especially if you want to unlock all the character-costumes.

> colors
It's especially annoying online and in tournaments as EVERYONE looks the same. A little diversification would be nice. Just have them be tied to play time or w/e with that character, not this nonsense.

8Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Khan

Khan
D-Rank

Oh sick, there's a SF thread.

I'm not particularly fond of World Tour. I've found the mode is addicted to wasting your time having run out to a location, run back to base to change the time of day, then return to the very spot you were just at. The game does this right up to the very end no less. Like really Capcom? Its cool the mode exists at least. People seem to dig it and the avatar battles, almost every hub is filled with people in the create a character pits duking it out.

On the other side of things this is probably the best online experience on launch for this series. Nothing is absolutely egregiously busted, no vanilla Seth/Boxer/Sagat, or 8 to 14 frames of input lag with Nash just dashing all over the place with AA jab making jumps worthless and some characters having a fully invincible reversal but not others. Drive system adds a ton of complexity to everything, really like it. Overall the game is in a really good state I'd say, even after the honeymoon phase.  

Color unlocks suuuuck though.

Feel free to add me in game: 3345195036

9Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Currently my biggest gripes with the game are:
- the grab OS, there's a really busted one that basically makes you immune to throws by holding down 3 buttons. I really hope they patch this one.
- the dropped inputs while screen freezes happen. It's super hard to do an ex-shoryu for example when someone Drive Rushes.

Otherwise fantastic game. Maybe change some damage scaling here and there but honestly, really solid title.

10Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:58 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

I'm to understand Cammy has some broken nonsense that will get patched before long.

11Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Juri so far seems to be the biggest player, though Cammy is strong rushdown with literal 50/50 guess mixups that just mean if you guess wrong about three times, you're done. No matter the skill.

12Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:21 pm

Khan

Khan
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Currently my biggest gripes with the game are:
- the grab OS, there's a really busted one that basically makes you immune to throws by holding down 3 buttons. I really hope they patch this one.
- the dropped inputs while screen freezes happen. It's super hard to do an ex-shoryu for example when someone Drive Rushes.

Otherwise fantastic game. Maybe change some damage scaling here and there but honestly, really solid title.

Capcom did tweet today that they are aware of it, so hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Drive rush eating inputs reminds me of Gear, dont really like it but what can you do.

13Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:52 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

My bad, didn't get a chance to watch the full coverage. It was a general bug applying to all characters (and has been fixed with a hot patch). I already knew Juri was up there. Once the Korean wins an EVO, expect her to be nerfed into the dirt as if being fucked bloody by the ghost of "Bison" (Vega) himself.

14Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:22 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

But it means that we, koreans would win at least once, hehe...

15Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:29 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

^You raff, but the kekeke will be shortlived as with poor Tira. They never forgave her.

16Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:11 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I get onto silver rank today. I am learning how to respect or trick the opponent, and yeah this is my proper first fighting game experience but I enjoy this game a lot. I don`t find "which" style is fitting to me, I just chose Juri because she is a korean and looks fast, So I only know how to use han juri. I tried lily, and she is not a dumb-asss but yeah she is kinda simple. I kinda like Cammy and DJ but I can`t perform as well so I just stick to Juri.

I almost see all things of world tour mode, and eeeeeeeh... Mechanically speaking, it is just a "Yakuza" series but with a SF6 combat system, and also gives you tools "step by step". And I mean "step by step" as TOO SLOW. Maybe this is a good introdouction to a new commer, but even I myself as a new commer feels pacing slow as bullshit.

And Yes, It`s your story but it`s kinda a small branch story with just implying latter DLC or a sequel. You meet many "masters" but they don`t even show in the main event. The only character (except for JP and you know that he is a big bad with his look) involving "directly" to story is han juri, and even she is just only a hired gun. Hell, She directly complains about no big event happening nor a famous roster comming out.

Also, one important thing to mention.

Raeng made a stinger magazine club. Join us street fighters.

17Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:27 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> World Tour
I ended up really disliking this by the time I was maybe 3 hours in. I thought the potential of it sounded great - it could have been a spin on a beat em up where you've got these customisable move sets to play around with, allowing you to come up with combos and stuff that's otherwise impossible with the pre-made characters, it could have given a lot of replayability in the same way Capcoms classics do (RE4, DMC3 etc.)...but no, it's your bang average, boring open world story that plods along from fight to fight with crappy and uninteresting enemy variety. The game gains no benefits from having a traditional RPG levelling system, but it's open world, so of course it has to have one. It's a shame, with a different approach to the design it could have been something really refreshing and different. The Yakuza comparisons are very appropriate, it seems to take great inspiration from the structure and "flow" of those games, except it doesn't do anything as well as them. Oh, and WT runs like shit on PC. Fun!

> Stinger Club
Cool idea! I've not booted this up for a while but I'll join it the next time I log on.

18Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:29 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> made it to silver
Great job!

Regarding finding a playstyle, it's hard. Personally I always just pick up a character a week, toy around with them, do some BattleHub and then go into ranked for a bit to get a ranking for them and see which one connects. Like Zangief was fun, but not my style at all, so I learned a bit about him and then ditched him. Same with Ken.

Similarly Jamie and Chun-li clicked nicely with me, fun characters.

> World Tour
I play it very rarely, it's totally not my thing though, mostly play it to unlock stuff or just waste some hours when I'm too tired to think.

19Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:09 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

>RPG stuffs

I REALLY REALLY HATED IT.
My final boss fight looks like this, because I DON`T WANNA SPEND MORE TIME ON THIS BULLSHIT.

I didn`t complete all sub quests but did quiet numbers of them, And See numbers. Only 2 levels up and JP`s damage is so freakin` high.
Also what makes piss me of is that avartar battle is not serious but hilariously fun. Look at the video below. *BUT* RPG stuffs come here too, so you can not win against higher lv avartar. The opponent has insanely high health bar and damages. So many dissapointing points with RPG elements.

20Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:26 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The RPG aspect really bothers me too, I'm not too invested in the mode, so most fights consist of me whittling the AI away for literally 2+ minutes, feels like it takes forever because I didn't invest in +str gear or w/e. Really wish they'd ditched that.

21Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:21 am

Khan

Khan
D-Rank

nepu47 wrote:>RPG stuffs

Also what makes piss me of is that avartar battle is not serious but hilariously fun. Look at the video below. *BUT* RPG stuffs come here too, so you can not win against higher lv avartar.

I made a counter hit build with 2 cross counter masks and the spartan helm. Lets you punch way above your lvl when you anti air people for 1/3rd their life bars.
Its so silly I was doing it at 55 against 100s and they would fold like paper Street Fighter 6 1f602

22Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think it'd be cool to see an Avatar tournament one day. Nothing too serious, but I've seen so many wacky setups and INSANE combos in that mode. It's a shame it's pushed away so much. Would make for a funny side-event or w/e.

23Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:07 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I know that I have to stop uploading my avatar fighting here, but I can`t. When I met this guy, I can not stop laughing.

24Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:23 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

@Royta/Raeng Please ban my PC account (1950748198) from stinger magazine club and scout my Xbox account ( 2475927131 )

Yes, I am an idiot slave of capitalism and should buy this game on xbox in the first place lol

25Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:03 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Will do when I log on again! It's been a bit, got a bit burned on the game for a while, will probably return when AKI hits.

26Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:45 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Added you back in! Tried derping a bit with AKI, she seems super complex but also a lot of fun. Saw you reached Gold already, great job Nepu :)

27Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:18 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

While i am struggling in Gold with Juri, I picked Jamey for sub and have lots of fun. He is very risky but that risky element is his core. Usually you have to measure distant carefully, but sometimes you just drink like an alcholholic lol.

And praobably I have to start combo practice. I usually focus on basics like guarding and anti-air, but now It is too frequent to be in mind game with small damage.

28Street Fighter 6 Empty Re: Street Fighter 6 Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:39 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Jamie is my main, can vouch that he's super fun to play! Haven't played SF6 since Rashid hit though haha, been a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum