Gabriel Phelan Lucas
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Knack 2 Empty Knack 2 Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Made a playlist for all the glitches/shortcuts I've found so far.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXU-ANzr6wNdlj0HqHbf4Wvnu8eI9pk40

2Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:27 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

How's knack 2 still? On very hard? I've seen it looks tough in some parts due to tons of mobs, looks like something that's balanced more for coop.

3Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:32 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

You can be wiped out in a few hits and and enemies are pretty aggressive. They come straight for you all at once and attack continuously for the most part.

Still VH is not that hard at all. It's more simply if you don't know what the enemies can do or what's going to pop up. I breezed through VH, but there are a few areas that are tough.

Also if you get all the gems, you can unlock various Knack forms. Like Emerald Knack can fire projectiles (costs sunstone energy) and the parry sends out two projectiles from Knack in addition to the one you deflected.

You'll need all 100 treasure chest to unlock them all. Can be done in a single playthrough or chapter select.

4Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:02 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

That explains what I saw, enemies look to have simple patterns but come in bulk, but you can just use hit n run tactics or crowd control moves. I appreciate the unlockable knack costumes, the one you mentioned is a nice alternate use of sunstone energy which is usually relegated to shield meter right?

5Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Actually some enemies have quite a few things they can do.

Like the large goblin types. Aside from basic slashes, they can do this thing where they hold up their sword like they're about to bring it down, but they just hold it there while advancing towards you. As soon as you're in range they strike. They have jumping attacks and AoE shockwave as well.

I'm getting types mixed up I'm sure, but there's one like this, I think the human type, who side steps all over the place with their swords poised to attack.

Then you have the large goblins with clubs who have wide range and can run at you while swinging. There are shield variations too.

For default Knack yeah, sunstones create a shield.

As for how you deal with these groups, Knack has lots of useful tools though they're locked behind a skill tree for a while.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total

6Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:22 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I'm noticing with knack 1 that there is very little platforming especially compared to combat, combat is even challenging at points with how much damage you take, but platforming is super easy. I've looked at some dev interviews and they said that it's a platformer with de-emphasised platforming.

Also why is knack a jive talking black guy? It's so odd I love it, he's a bit of a thug too, he keeps sizing(literally) himself up against foes in cutscenes. He's an ugly fucker but in an endearing way, where does he begin and end? He looks like the definition of a clusterfuck. I get the impression they made knack for showing off the PS4 physics 1st and making a lovable mascot 2nd. He looks like a magic aztec bucket/koala hybrid.
It's really good so far, I've played some with my dad we had a blast.

7Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:45 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

He definitely is the most bizarre character I've ever played as. He's a sentient pile of relics. You play as a sentient pile of relics. I don't think a single other game in existence can say the same lol. After a while I started to genuinely like the character.

Knack 2 is way easier. The enemies are just as brutal, but the game has way more mechanics to offset that, like the sunstone shield and regen instead of permanent relic loss. You also have a ton of new moves, blocking and parrying etc.

8Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Haha, knacks the hero we need but don't deserve. I wonder what he tastes like? Is that wrong to ask?

So how's the platforming in knack 2? Knack 1 its pretty basic and easy, the emphasis is definitely on combat, platforming seems to be used as to and from combat encounters. I'd like more varied and challenging platforming but combat is tough enough haha. I'll replay on hard, I'd like to collect and try the various knack forms.

Knack 2 combat looks pretty good, since so much of knack is combat, well mostly combat, it's nice to have a bunch more moves to mess around with. I've seen you can do a that rapid punch move on your coop knack buddy to send relics out as projectiles.

Overall knack 1 fails to really capitalise on such a unique character in terms of gameplay. Gameplay doesn't really change when you acquire ice, wood or metal, well metal you become magnetised to floors or have the metal sucked off you by those tractor beams but that's about it. That stealth section was neat transforming between mini and medium size knacko, and 2 seems to have a lot of that shape shifting back n forth and more noteworthy elemental form gimmicks. I haven't beaten it yet, stopped at chapter 9-?.

9Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'll replay on hard, I'd like to collect and try the various knack forms.
Problem in Knack one is, gems are random and you can't level select. You have to play the game through over and over. I couldn't be bothered trying to get diamond Knack.

it's nice to have a bunch more moves to mess around with.
And they all have uses against certain enemies.

Gameplay doesn't really change when you acquire ice, wood or metal
Yeah it was just an attack boost in Knack 1. In 2, ice has ice breath which freezes enemies and moving switches/gears for puzzle/progression purposes.

Metal lets you drop a trail of metal parts that act as a wire to connect electrical currents. It also has a sort of rapid metal whip attack but I barely used it.

In Knack 1, the extra forms put you in a permanent state, like Vampire Knack would lose health continuously, but would gain relics with every defeated enemy. Another, I forgot the name, would make you really strong but had extremely low defense.

The forms in Knack 2 from gems are really unique and use the sunstone meter to power their special abilities, though some abilities are free or passive.

Ruby 'Vampire' - Knack can throw relic tornadoes, and can teleport behind enemies.

Sapphire 'Speedy' - Movement and attack speed is increased, and can use a shockwave AoE attack, also usable in the air.

Topaz 'Saber' - Relic regen is faster and Knack uses dual swords as his special move. High attack power.

Emerald 'Shooter' - My favorite form. Parrying unleashes two relic missiles in addition to deflecting the enemy attack. You have two types of shot, a fast firing one, as fast as you can press the button, and a slower but more powerful shot that hits multiple times.

There's more to say on the properties of these as well as each of Knacks regular attacks, but maybe we can discuss those after you play it, if you decide to do so.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total

10Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Sucks knack 1 has no chapter select, rng doesn't help. But Those new forms sound pretty rad, I'll make damn sure I'll get knack 2 soon. The coop moves look cool too, I love coop team up moves.

11Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:13 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Speedy, Shooter, and Vampire Knack are the ones that really change things up. I'll just post some insights I've had into these forms.

Saber Knack seems to be just an attack boost essentially with his sword special, which is fine but not too interesting.

I haven't used Vampire Knack super extensively but it was the first from I got so I had it on for a little while. His tornadoes launch small enemies and hit multiple times. Haven't really tested them in-depth.

I've had a few issues with his teleport but I believe I'm misusing it. If you teleport when an enemy is attacking, if they have a large attack radius, it's possible to be hit when you appear behind them. If you just do it when they haven't started attacking, it's fine. It has a range too, though I'm not sure what it is exactly.

Speedy knack is another I've only used briefly. He can attack faster, so I'm wondering if this could lead to new attacking possibilities like interrupting or catching dodgers. Not only that, he recovers faster too. The AoE is damn good.

Shooter Knack is by far my favorite. You can shoot from huge range, shoot in the air, while running, break shields, shoot into areas before you even enter them and trigger the enemies, like parts where you might have higher ground and are supposed to drop down, and many similar situations.

The homing is INSANE, and with parries you get two FREE shots. There are these robots that shoot and if you parry them, they can parry you back (reminded me of those parry wars in MGR with the white, long sword guys). They won't parry the third time I think, but, if you're Shooter Knack, those two extra shots will hit guaranteed meaning no parry war. If there are other enemies the shoots seem to prioritize the closest.

Sometimes the targeting is weird though. I'm not sure what it is, like it sometimes goes off. Maybe it couldn't decide who to hit. Seems to only happen at close range though. If you're little Knack it's really bad for some reason, but you shouldn't ever be trying to take on enemies in that form.

Edit: One important note for Shooter Knack. Each shot will slightly drain your relics making you smaller and subsequently weaker. Due to this fact, it's not a great idea to rapid fire. You never really need to anyway, as enemies die from a few shots, and if not, relics come back pretty fast if you wait a second or two.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total

12Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:06 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I beat knack 1, was pretty long I was wondering when it was gonna end. I'll get knack 2 right away. I've seen a vid of the knack 2 forms, speedy knack seems super practical for fast recovery.

So what other additions/uses are there for the dodge? I've seen it can phase through mobs.

13Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:07 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

There are some upgrades like the one you mentioned that lets you pass through them to their backs. There's another upgrade that adds an aura that damages enemies but not by much.

There's also a punch and kick extension, and an upgrade that lets you dash 3x in a row.

14Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:32 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Damn triple dash is what I was hoping for, dash has some noticeable recovery in knack 1 so you have to be careful with its use.

Knack seems to be all about spacing, baiting out moves and using dash to space out further or use it to dodge a vertical attack. A useful tactic I did a lot against some mobs was 3hit combo-dash-dash attack to follow up before they can recover. For such an accessible family friendly title knack sure can kick your arse, like 1-2 hits guaranteed dead, but mobs die in in 1-3 hits and take massive hit stun so it balances out which I like. It gives you a sense of empowerment and weakness at once.

I think the life regen makes knack 2 easier than it would otherwise be, maybe if they had no regen for very hard or a certain knack form for optional challenge. Or maybe have regen outside of battles or maybe like NG2 where you regen life outside of battle but take permanent damage unless you use a life item or orb. That said I've seen you get smaller the more damage you take and it's super easy to die when small due to shitty moveset range/speed.

Edit: I've heard a flash kick type move also functions as a parry, can you confirm this or any moves like it?

15Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've heard a flash kick type move also functions as a parry, can you confirm this or any moves like it?

Yeah I discovered that. Check the description for details.

The dash also does this but I think you need the upgrade.

Just remembered some other useful tips.

*There are enemies that cover their bodies in electricity making it impossible to attack them physically. The boomerang cancels their electricity though. Super useful and works even if the enemy is too big to restrain.

*Shots from Emerald Knack do the same thing. Instant cancellation.

*When using the triple dash, the third has a longer recovery though it's nothing serious.

16Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

KNACK 2 GOT TECH BAYBEE, DA KNACK TECH IS REAL!!!

17Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Damn it, you got me on a roll and now I'm at work thinking about Knack 2 tech.

Now that I think about it, Knack 2's enemies are kind of unique. I mean the ones that ready their weapon while moving slowly towards you or wait for you to come close. And it's nothing like other action games where an enemy approaches and attacks. They are in their stance, THEN they attack when in range. What these Knack 2 guys do is actually change their stance and have their weapons ready to strike.  Sort of like high stance in Nioh.

Edit: Be aware when using the boomerang. If you transform to small Knack for whatever reason when an enemy is restrained, it instantly cancels it and frees them.

Another cool thing I noticed recently is when you're calling your relics back, they can actually damage enemies if they're in the way. The damage is super low, but I did kill a weak human (monk with staff) enemy with them. It causes a small stun on those guys, but no idea if it works on larger enemies. I would assume it does more damage depending on your size.

The boomerang can't trap enemies with shields because they just block it, however, if you throw it while they're attacking, you can catch them. When you hit them while restrained, like with the guard-break, you still have to go through their shield. Not sure if it works on the robots.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

18Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Holy hell this game is sounding amazing! The tech looks really fun!

Any examples of a combat setting or something? Get some gameplay in here? Would love to see it!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

19Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The game is pretty simple overall. No complex commands.

It plays pretty much like an action game just with more platforming between encounters. No different really from DMC in terms of linear level structure really, just way more platforming and hidden areas.

Despite being relatively easy, enemies can brutally destroy you very quickly and are quite aggressive. People say this is a children's game but no child could play this. Maybe on easy mode which actually shortens the levels.

The game has some really cool aspects like those advancing enemies. Another one is the ball and chain robot. It will power up the ball and have it ready to while slowly advancing and when it attacks it creates an AoE blast that's actually really annoying.

Though the game gives you tools to deal with each type, like when these guys begin advancing you can use hookshot, which is a non-damaging move where Knack's arm stretches, grabs and pulls them toward you, stunning them. That's how you cancel their BS.

If the enemy is much larger than Knack at the time or has shield/armor, you can't grab them. A large Knack can grab them easily though.

But when you have other enemies in the mix it's quite dangerous. Very hard has tougher enemy formations from the start which is nice.

There are tons of videos. I know there are some for the unlockable coliseum mode which is an arena battle where you try to kill as many as possible before the time runs out. I'll link one later because I have to drive to work now.

Oh and from now on any Knack techniques MUST be referred to as 'Techknacks'.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total

20Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Looking forward to the link! Sounds really fun, might get it when it goes on sale. Was the original like this as well or was that different?

I purchased Bullet Witch btw, really looking forward to playing it!!!

21Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The original was very bare bones in terms of combat and some things worked differently. It followed the same structure in terms of progression. Most changes in Knack 2 are good but some I don't like. The way you use super moves is totally different.

You only had a few attacks in K1. In K2, you have skill trees with tons of upgrades.

In K1, you couldn't become your small form any time. Now you are free to transform as you please and a lot of platforming requires this.

I found you can even use transforming to small form as a dodge. This huge robot took a horizontal swing and I hit R1 to disconnect, and the sword flew right over little Knack. Not sure how useful it is as an actual dodge, considering it would only be possible against a limited number of attacks, but it's still cool and worth more research.

This is all 5 battle mode stages which are extras. You can get an idea of what combat plays like easily from these though the player mows through them quite fast.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCniHuBL7Jg

I really want to write up an analysis of the enemies in this game now.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

22Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ok, I may have found a crazy techknack.

I mentioned changing to small Knack and using it as a dodge, but now I think it might actually be a just frame dodge or something. If timed right, when you transform, the action will slow down for a second as all the relics come off and the attack passes through.

I've tested it early and everything is normal speed, and a little after gets you hit (and killed since you're still dropping from the center of the relics as small Knack) and I'm sure it's not slow down. It's always on a specific frame.

I've only tested it on the large robots with clubs because they have slow attacks and an easily dodged horizontal swing. Also tried it on projectile robots but that seems harder to time, and sometimes it looked like I transformed at the same time and still didn't get the slowdown. Might just be harder to time with small objects like that.

This doesn't work on vertical attacks as those just come down and smash Knack while he's small and dropping out of the relics.

I have a video but will upload on the weekend.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

23Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I DEMAND a full NUR for Knack 2 on very hard/Knack Must Krack difficulty for the Stinger Magazine official YouTube channel.....pretty please....with kisses.

I love how each costume has a totally different play style with unique uses for sunstone meter, which I think is meant to be a substitute for using meter for super, I prefer this to knack 1 supers as it gives you more frequent and varied uses for meter than the 3 set supers that take ages to fill up and drain 1 full meter upon use.
The new super state seems like a redundant god mode for a brief period while the game throws stupid numbers of goons at you.

Also robot knack in knack 1 coop can do a small shockwave for a portion of meter as opposed to regular knack's 1 full meter for a massive shockwave. They can also use partial meter to give knack some life.

24Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:14 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The new super state seems like a redundant god mode for a brief period while the game throws stupid numbers of goons at you.

I like how we use meter now, but the super move thing is weird. It's basically scripted use. The only thing you really have to think about is how to kill everything before it runs out, or to get to the big crystal which can actually vanish, though I forget whether that's based on a timer or if the enemies can hit it. I just remember it breaking then I got owned lol.

Just saw Jim Sterling's garbage review. The guy is just as bad as the others. While I agree with a lot of his comments on the industry, he can't play games for shit and commits the same fraud as the rest, stating his limitations/lack of understanding as fact.

25Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I DEMAND a full NUR for Knack 2 on very hard/Knack Must Krack difficulty for the Stinger Magazine official YouTube channel.....pretty please....with kisses.

That's sick! I'm sure that would be harder than most action games. I want to try it now. I can think of a few battles that would be brutal on VH and that's even with upgrades.

I will try this, but EW2 is this Friday and I'm picking it up on my way home. Won't be touching anything else for a very long time. Might take a break now and then though. Horror games freak me out.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total

26Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Jim's issue with dodging delays is like if you spammed backflip in GH and expected to not somehow get caught after it.

27Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've started an NUR VH for something to do before EW2 on Friday. Beat the first mission with no issues. You are forced to learn Bodyslam as part of the tutorial during this mission.

Now for some prime techknacks. I've been testing a few things like Vampire Knack's teleport. This move is really cool and doesn't cost sunstone energy.

*You can only do it from around mid-range.
*It doesn't matter what the enemy is doing. They can be attacking, stunned, nothing.
*It will go past projectiles.
*It will follow enemies into the air.

The downside is it doesn't work on AoE attacks, and some enemies can turn pretty fast and hit you, or larger enemies with swords or clubs that have huge range.

I've been doing some really cool stuff with this. I was thinking today, when I throw Vampire Knack's tornado, could I run after it, teleport when in range, warp behind them as the tornado connects, then attack? Yes! It worked pretty much exactly as I envisioned.

Boomerang, tornado, run in, teleport, air attack. Probably didn't need to start moving towards it and only ended up being a step or two. Just something to think about depending on your distance and I just wanted to chase the tornado.

I actually didn't mean for that air attack, done with the circle button, to happen. I intended to use the guard'break punch which is Circle on the ground. It was at this point I realized that the teleport will follow enemies into the air. It might be hard to see in the video, but I caught up with the enemy and teleported while he was just leaving the ground, which caused Knack to teleport slightly above ground level and do the air attack.

I can think of a few other cool combos, but the problem is the enemies, despite being super aggressive and having high attack power, have little defense. I could purposely avoid relic pickups I guess, but that would end up being quite annoying and once you kill the enemy, that's it. Even if you can kill yourself somehow in the environment nearby, it will load you after the battle.

Size change dodge and possible just frame. At a specific frame you get this slowdown, but you can also do this just fine if you're a little early or late. If it were slowdown due to all the relics flying around, it would happen all the time but it never does.

Damaging enemies with relic parts.

Boomerang recall. This is kinda the same as relic recall, but it's the small amount of parts from the boomerang that come back automatically after breaking. I size changed just to cancel the boomerang restraint instead of waiting.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total

28Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:28 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

YEYEYE DAS MAH BOII, NUR KNACK MUST KRACK BAYBEE. For real we dem knack boiis, i'll have to use those techknacks in my knacktics. Gotta say knack 2 is a massive step up from 1, they really utilised knacks gimmicks to the fullest, what with all the shape shifting and using knack's body for various moves(he literally shoots himself as an attack) and the costume exclusive abilities.

Can't wait to play knack 2 with my dad, show of all the legit knack tech(knech?). I sincerely appreciate all this dedication to knack, especially given it's reception as most view knack as nothing more than a punching bag, which is so mean spirited.

29Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:53 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

knacktics.

HAHAH love it!

I sincerely appreciate all this dedication to knack, especially given it's reception as most view knack as nothing more than a punching bag, which is so mean spirited.

Yeah, it's just stupid and seems like hating it is just the latest 'cool' Gamefaqs thing to do or something. The game is great.

It really does have super interesting enemies. I love how they attack then dodge roll, or that thing I mentioned where they raise their weapons and try to control space and bait you.

30Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Honestly this looks really fun and reminds me of just cracking open the mechanics of a more casual game, only to find pure gold. Really tempted to get this and dive in!

That and Knacktics is...just pure freak'n gold. Damn I want this game haha, but first Bullet Witch tomorrow I hope.

31Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:15 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

So what can and can't be cancelled? The uses for the uppercut move? Any juggles?

32Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Not sure on every move. I know the guard-break punch can't be cancelled. I plan on making a list of all the moves and abilities with cancel points and uses.

Which uppercut move? The one after the DBZ punches?

Light juggles are possible like my Vampire Knack one, but enemies that are light enough to launch can only survive a few hits.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total

33Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Yeh the punch after the rapid flurry move.

Also how does the shield dash upgrade work? It looks to make it harder to jump cancel out of it. Can you unequip/respec upgrades?

34Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Never actually tried that punch. Will look into tomorrow maybe.

Shield dash?

You can't respec or unequip as far as I know.

35Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

The dodge move upgrade that can hurt mobs. Can it also deflect/block projectiles? Do you have iframes on dodges?

36Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:34 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It doesn't defect anything else as far as I know. Just those cars.

I'm not sure on i-frames either. I guess it doesn't because it doesn't go through projectiles.

37Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

So my very hard no upgrade run is still a thing, just playing EW2 first. I might also aim to finish a lot of my games before focusing on challenge stuff. Got a bit to catch up on.

I'm not recording this. Cant anyway. But I will be noting any tough spots and whether they can still be done without damage.

38Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Good stuff manbird, I'll get this soon. Beat knack 1 with my dad last week, the knack dance has more personality than the entirety of knack 1. Why couldn't knack be more funky like that?

They should add a dedicated knack dance button, maybe it could function like a taunt in bayo.

39Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:14 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Got all the way to chapter 6-4? Goblin stronghold or something, good ol' Knack committing genocide.

Damn good so far, dwarfs Knack 1. Levels have so much more design to them, some neat puzzles with metal knack and other block puzzles. Really like the use of shape shifting from big knack to little knack, that was some of the best parts of knack 1 so it's great to see them expand that. Secrets are hidden very well, I actually missed a bunch so far, knack 1 secrets where hidden behind blatant massive smashable walls.

40Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:20 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Some of the secrets took me ages to find. Some were well hidden but in a sense, obvious too and made me hang my head in shame after finally finding them.

41Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:34 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Knack 2 done throug us for a loop...a knack shaped loop. Gonna try to get all the knacks before I coop it with my dad. We beat the whole of knack 1, was a good laugh, just questioning knacks existence and his weird world he inhabits.

42Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Downloading the Demo of Knack 2 right now. Here's hoping!

43Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

It's on sale £20! Tons of games on sale, ones I want to get like dragons dogma.

44Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I tend to avoid digital titles, but the demo was excellent. Really fun artstyle and entertaining combat and platforming. When I see the physical version on sale, I'm getting it.

45Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:44 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Good to hear that Roy. It gets waaay better too when you get more upgrades.

If you eventually get it and end up playing it a lot it might be worth an article. It definitely counts as an action game and Knack has become a total joke for some reason I wasnt able to understand. Everyone seems to hate it, though no surprise they say nothing, or know nothing about the combat gameplay.

Knack 2 has some great enemies doing weird stuff I havent seen in action games before.

46Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

oh i beat it this morning, from 5 to 1 i was playing it, the last hour i was clearing up all collectibles for the green knack costume*3 away from unlock*.

Knactacular*TM* game, but shit-damn was it long! what 15 chapters! knack 1 was long(too long for how barer bones the game was) kept introducing new powers and enemies right until the last few chapters.

Nice that they added the Knack dance for the credits again, best thing knack has done as a character, kinda fits his jive personality, so weird he's got a distinctly black mans voice, something so odd and charming about that but it works in its own knack way.

The enemies are really evasive, just about all of them dodge after an attack string, makes it tricky to follow up on them. Some robots even leave an SF-like after image after dodging which is a nice touch(i'm a fan of after image effects). Goblins with blue swords often charge them up for a massive AoE shockwave move that's hard to avoid, they back away and will shove you defensively if you come close, very interesting behavior i don't recall encountering before. Also has great enemy variety too.

Some moves ive noted to be pretty OP, such as boomerang(2 at once wtih an upgrade, another extends stun time by 50%, e with an up to stunlock a foe, so boomerang heavy punch-boomerang. The whip/pull/snatch move to grab foes is super good for stopping enemies animations, that and heavy punch are pretty OP, along with its various upgrades, some I've yet to buy.

What i don't like about the Upgrade screen is that you have to complete a whole section before you unlock the next one, where i'd prefer you get to access all the trees and choose which to upgrade.

Really glad to show knack some love, Knack 1 i understand the joke, knack was a launch title for the ps4, a kid friendly (unintentionally) dumpy mascot that didn't innovate or have much to stand out, but an overall solid game, if a bit bland and ultimately serviceable at times.

Knack 2 is an immense improvement, absolutely everything was improved and expanded from the first, to the point its one of the best games I've played in years. Action-platformers like this aren't made often with this much quality and funding anymore outside of Nintendo.

#KnackBoiis

47Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Great post. The majority somehow completely miss all these points and more.

Each enemy deserves an in-depth analysis which I'll do when I have time.

I was showing this game to my brother's kids yesterday and was fighting a basic small, blue goblin with a stone axe. I was at its ability.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

48Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:00 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Picking on knack feels mean, like duh fuck did knack do to anyone? He's so innocent, just a kid friendly action-platformer, sure he's ugly but in a cute way, he sure can kick some ass tho. How many games can you play as a sentient mass of relics? a relic golem no less!

Maybe the hypothetical article could be called: Knack 2: a game no one loves but should.

Maybe plug us as the official knack community, god knows where the rest are.(knack gamefaqs? Not somehow dead or on life support?).

49Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I just saw that awful Gamefaqs topic.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/76147392

Honestly, I feel sorry for these idiots. It's like they play games in some kind of trance and don't actually take in anything they're seeing.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

50Knack 2 Empty Re: Knack 2 Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:51 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

#KnackisCack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next